Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
MIUI 8 GLOBAL BETA 6.8.11 reported for DOOGEE DG700
Requirements:
Stock 4.4 KK firmware installed on the phone
Custom recovery
A working brain ... and some patience!

Credits:

All credits go to team ARGN for crossporting MTK6592 to MTK6582 and updating their ported rom here
Me for porting from Gionee M2 to DG700

Feautures:
Cross ported from the latest MIUI8 xiaomi.eu release for Redmi Note. (credits go to team ARGN)
DG700 rom uses as base TEAM ARGN crossports from MTK6592 to MTK6582.
Working: dual sim 3g (using dual sim control apk), wifi, bluetooth, gps, camara, sdcard, and everything else.
No chiness apps
All gapps preinstalled as system apps.
Enhanced camera pics quality (must be enabled in camera settings).
Repartitioned internal storage to 6G, custom carliv touch recovery (using stock kk firmware in the downloads at the end of the post).
Xposed and xposed modules working.
Many more ...

Known bugs:
Theme apk SOMETIMES FC's, but themes are working.
NVRAMWARNING wifi bug, easilly fixable (search xda or google for fix), wifi works just ok even with the NVRAMWARINING bug.
Battery capacity will be shown only at 3100mah, even so battery life is far more superior than the actual R25 lollipop firmware for DG700. (I get about 3 days with wifi / data on, moderate usage of the phone on the current MIUI8 based on kk rom)
Custom recovery CTR touch NOT WORKING. USE HARDWARE KEYS!

Installing
Download DG700_MIUI8_beta_global_6.8.11.zip (link at the end of the post), copy it on the sd card.
Download Stock R14 firmware linked at the end of the post (the attached build INCLUDES CTR custom recovery and repartitioned internal storage to 6G), unzip the archive and flash it with sp flash tools.
After flashing R14 go directly to recovery, DO NOT BOOT into android.
Once in recovery take the following steps:
1. Wipe and Format Options > Clean to Install a new rom ... wait for the recovery to wipe system, data, go back to the main menu
2. Install zip > Choose zip from storage/sdcard1 > browse for DG700_MIUI8_beta_global_6.8.11.zip and select it, install and wait for the installer to finish, go back to the main menu
3. Reboot system now, when asked to install su / root phone, select NO! (if you want to root the phone later you can install Chainfire SU binaries from the recovery, and than SU app from the market)
Wait for the rom to load, for the first time it will take some time ... be patient.

If you are not on stock KK THIS WILL NOT WORK! After flashing R14 firmware you will loose the IMEI's. Follow the guide frome here to restore the IMEI's:IMEI REPAIR / RESTORE /BACKUP

Customizing ... well ... the sky is the limit ... I use Plak to remove titles from the hotseat / launcher icons (as you cans see in the attached screenshots) and MIUI Tweaks for status bar (notification bar) customization ...
IF ALL GOES WELL or IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBELMS PLEASE POST BACK!

If this post helped you hit the Thanks button!
ENJOY!

Downloads:
DG700 R14 Stock KK with CTR and repartitioned internal memory: DOWNLOAD LINK
DG700 MIUI8 xiaomi.eu global beta v6.8.11: DOWNLOAD LINK

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-14-32-249_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-14-32-249_com.miui.home.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 723
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-08-065_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-08-065_com.miui.home.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 691
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-27-706_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-27-706_com.android.settings.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 696
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-39-150_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-03-39-150_com.android.settings.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 655
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-04-842_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-04-842_com.android.vending.png
    114 KB · Views: 640
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-19-678_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-19-678_com.android.settings.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 622
  • Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-42-029_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-23-23-05-42-029_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
Reactions: zidane01 and gipsea

simchaleh

Aug 29, 2016
so if my doogee is currently on lolipop, i need to first get it to stock KitKat before i can follow the instructions on your post?
so how do i do that? could you please send a link? thnks!

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
so if my doogee is currently on lolipop, i need to first get it to stock KitKat before i can follow the instructions on your post?

You will need to use spflash tool and the stock rom attached in my first post in order to install (flash) kitkat. Search google or xda for a tutorial on how to use spflash tool.
Have in mind that this is an advanced process and many things might go wrong if you don't have experience with flashing the whole android on your phone.
I think that at some point even doogee had a tutorial at their site showing how to upgrade from kitkat to lollipop (see here: http://www.doogee.cc/download.php?ProId=41). It is the same process only you need to format the whole phone before flashing and instead of flashing lp use kk images and scatter attached by me. If you're not sure what you are doing do some research first ... there are lots of great tutorials on the net for spflashtools and mtk6582 phone. Also have in mind that for some newer DG700 models it is impossible to flash kitkat because of some drivers issues ... or so it was stated on the 4pda.ru dg700 thread.

gipsea

Dec 29, 2011
Hey @tvladan,

thanks a lot for this thread!!!

My experience and feedback:
All went smooth until I booted with the Miui installed. Because the IMEI problem I was not able to log into android (use than play store) nor Miui and the system would not let me go any further until I could by magic.
IMEI
I could not log in (system need unique phone ID such IMEI) so I needed to get the apks and move/save on the sdcard to be installed.
I could not restore the IMEI with MTK which was suggesting a reset in order to fix it and I had no clue how to reset (not reboot).
Mobile uncle. I made a IMEI backup but even if the app was restoring without problem, it really did not do anything also after rebooting
Chameleon: the only app that did something although not permanent. I'm working to fix it

Nvram error: fixed with no issue as on this thread

MIUI: it is definitively a nice designed UI although the one I personally do not prefer. It is flexible if you want to do things as developers allow you which is on my opinion sometime to strick if we consider we all are looking for a rooted phone and than we are bond by the UI. For sure there are some features that are useful as were some I really appreciate from the stock ROM. One example: I agree that moving app to the SD card might slow down the system and use more battery but now that I've achieved a 6GB rom I'm using all of it for the app and just marginal cache/data will be saved on the SD....
@tvladan: If I'd like to try only the KK rom without the MIUI and avoid the IMEI problem, are the following steps correct:
1) restore LP with TWRP
2) install stock R14 KK
3) install your KK with 6gb partition
If this is correct, in all this writing and overwriting, is there any chance I'll flash the recovery TWRP?
In case it will happen, can I use the one as by this thread by @NaturalBornCamper

thanks and enjoy your DG700

ciao

Reactions: zidane01

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
Hey @tvladan,

If I'd like to try only the KK rom without the MIUI and avoid the IMEI problem, are the following steps correct:
1) restore LP with TWRP
2) install stock R14 KK
If this is correct, in all this writing and overwriting, is there any chance I'll flash the recovery TWRP?
In case it will happen, can I use the one as by this thread by @NaturalBornCamper

ciao

Yes you can install stock kk but not using the steps you posted. You can not restore it via twrp, you must flash it with spflash tools (using format mode, kk or lp, as you please) BUT you will still loose imei's. This happens because of the format method used by spflash tools, in most MTK phones, that erases all the internal partitions of the phone.
Regarding LP, there is a latest firmware (official) by dooge - R25 that has the internal memory repartitioned to 5.5Gb. I would recommand installing that and than rooting (if needed) via twrp using chainfire binaries. You can download the R25 from here: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_UWiyCZx5s1Z2xxZTRYTE9OcGc&export=download. The thread by NaturalBornCamper is old, deprecated and useless now. That was in the beggining when we did not have a custom recovery or the knowledge on how to root / repartition the DG700 phone.
Regarding lost IMEIS i RECOMMAND the MAUI 3G METHOD to restore them for our phone presented here: http://xdaforums.com/unite-2/general/guide-repair-imei-invalid-micromax-t3048984 It needs a little more work, but once the correct drivers are installed it should work no matter what! (It also has a video tutorial, with some patience and little knowledge you should succeed in properly restoring the IMEI's). In your situation, whatever rom / firmware you will flash now using spflsh tools it will NOT restore the imei's because the nvram was formated.
Good Luck!

LE: To sum it up, to have the latest LP, repartitioned and rooted you will have to follow these steps (and have some knowledge on how to use spflash tools)
1. Flash R25 using spflashtools in format mode.
2. Start up the phone, wait to boot into android (just wait, it will take a while because it will encrypt the data partition). Setup the phone, fix imei's using maui 3g tool methond posted above. At this point you should have a "re-partitioned", unrooted, on stock recovery phone with the proper IMEI's
3. Download the latest chainfire su binaries from here: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/ and copy the zip to sd card. (UPDATE-supersu-v...... link)
4. Flash TWRP using spflashtools in download mode.
5. DO NOT START ANDROID, Reboot the phone in recovery mode witch should be now twrp that you just flashed before. If you start up android it is possible and very likely that it will restore the stock recovery, but if restarting in twrp first it will override the restoring of the stock recovery forever.
6. Flash the update-supersu-file via twrp
7. Reboot the phone in andorid (if asked by twrp to root, select NO), go to the market, instal chainfire supersu apk, and voila you are now on the latest LP (witch is repartitioned), custom twrp recovery and rooted.

if you need the link to twrp only pls post back I'll upload it somewhere for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: zidane01

gipsea

Dec 29, 2011
ciao @tvladan,

thanks for your reply.
Quick question: as I did back up the LP with TWRP including NVRAM, if I restore it will it be permanent? I read the thread you suggested about IMEI/NVRAM but if this work it is a straight shot

I'd like to try the R25 LP and KK. Did you tried both? KK apparently was better compared to the LP up to R24.

Thanks

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
ciao @tvladan,

thanks for your reply.
Quick question: as I did back up the LP with TWRP including NVRAM, if I restore it will it be permanent? I read the thread you suggested about IMEI/NVRAM but if this work it is a straight shot

I'd like to try the R25 LP and KK. Did you tried both? KK apparently was better compared to the LP up to R24.

Thanks

LP moves a little slower than kk. Nothing to worry about. Regarding battery life there is a 12 -24 hours difference from lp to kk, kk lasting longer. If you install xposed framework on lp it will move a LOT slower. If you do not need xposed I recommend R25 LP. Also I have no knowledge of TWRP being able to backup nvarm. I might be wrong. All you can do is try different methods until you succeed. It is a devious and annoying process but when you get it right you'll be satisfied. Also after lots of hours fking around with this phone I really stand by the steps posted in my previous post as to how to repartition / root / repair imeis the fastest way!

gipsea

Dec 29, 2011

Yes you can install stock kk but not using the steps you posted. You can not restore it via twrp, you must flash it with spflash tools (using format mode, kk or lp, as you please) BUT you will still loose imei's. This happens because of the format method used by spflash tools, in most MTK phones, that erases all the internal partitions of the phone.
Regarding LP, there is a latest firmware (official) by dooge - R25 that has the internal memory repartitioned to 5.5Gb. I would recommand installing that and than rooting (if needed) via twrp using chainfire binaries. You can download the R25 from here: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_UWiyCZx5s1Z2xxZTRYTE9OcGc&export=download. The thread by NaturalBornCamper is old, deprecated and useless now. That was in the beggining when we did not have a custom recovery or the knowledge on how to root / repartition the DG700 phone.
Regarding lost IMEIS i RECOMMAND the MAUI 3G METHOD to restore them for our phone presented here: http://xdaforums.com/unite-2/general/guide-repair-imei-invalid-micromax-t3048984 It needs a little more work, but once the correct drivers are installed it should work no matter what! (It also has a video tutorial, with some patience and little knowledge you should succeed in properly restoring the IMEI's). In your situation, whatever rom / firmware you will flash now using spflsh tools it will NOT restore the imei's because the nvram was formated.
Good Luck!

LE: To sum it up, to have the latest LP, repartitioned and rooted you will have to follow these steps (and have some knowledge on how to use spflash tools)
2. Start up the phone, wait to boot into android (just wait, it will take a while because it will encrypt the data partition). Setup the phone, fix imei's using maui 3g tool methond posted above. At this point you should have a "re-partitioned", unrooted, on stock recovery phone with the proper IMEI's
3. Download the latest chainfire su binaries from here: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/ and copy the zip to sd card. (UPDATE-supersu-v...... link)
5. DO NOT START ANDROID, Reboot the phone in recovery mode witch should be now twrp that you just flashed before. If you start up android it is possible and very likely that it will restore the stock recovery, but if restarting in twrp first it will override the restoring of the stock recovery forever.
7. Reboot the phone in andorid (if asked by twrp to root, select NO), go to the market, instal chainfire supersu apk, and voila you are now on the latest LP (witch is repartitioned), custom twrp recovery and rooted.

if you need the link to twrp only pls post back I'll upload it somewhere for you!

About #4), flash TWRP. I have used the one posted by @NaturalBornCamper on his thread on step 11

If the TWRP for KK is different please post

I'm working on R25

Next fun step, R14

Thanks

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
It is the same twrp, works on kk and lp. You have the right one. For r25 it does not matter on what you are now, the spflashtool needs to format all the phone in order to install r25.

gipsea

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks and good to know.

Now I'm getting curious about NVRAM/IMEI and TWRP...

TWRP can make backup of NVRAM and I did before installing the KK with MIUI8.
If I understood correctly IMEI information is stored in the NVRAM so, theoretically, if I restore the first back up of the NVRAM I should restore also the IMEI?!?!?!

how can I check the difference between a temporary IMEI installation like with chamelephone from a permanent solution?

ciao

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
Thanks and good to know.

Now I'm getting curious about NVRAM/IMEI and TWRP...

TWRP can make backup of NVRAM and I did before installing the KK with MIUI8.
If I understood correctly IMEI information is stored in the NVRAM so, theoretically, if I restore the first back up of the NVRAM I should restore also the IMEI?!?!?!

how can I check the difference between a temporary IMEI installation like with chamelephone from a permanent solution?

ciao
All you can do is try to restore via twrp ... temp imei restore should be erased at reboot.

zidane01

Sep 4, 2016
Thank you for this very Good rom. it's better than the stock KitKat
Do you have any resurrection remix for this device or any marshmallow based on KitKat kernel..please

zidane01

Sep 4, 2016
Unfortunately no, i moved to a mi5 last year and placed my old doogee in a drawer for safe keeping. This is the last port i made.

Sorry for bothering you again . I just wanted to know if it is possible to restore lollipopTWRP backup without flashing stock lollipop with flashing tool . When I'm on KitKat..is it possible to just flash The kernel .
Thank you

tvladan

Oct 23, 2012
Timisoara
Sorry for bothering you again . I just wanted to know if it is possible to restore lollipopTWRP backup without flashing stock lollipop with flashing tool . When I'm on KitKat..is it possible to just flash The kernel .
Thank you
Unfortunately it is not possible to restore lolipop over kitkat or opposite because of the big differences in partition tables used by each of them. So the only way to restore a nandroid image is to flash stock with spflash tools with format, install the custom recovery and than restore the recovery backup.

zidane01

Sep 4, 2016
Unfortunately it is not possible to restore lolipop over kitkat or opposite because of the big differences in partition tables used by each of them. So the only way to restore a nandroid image is to flash stock with spflash tools with format, install the custom recovery and than restore the recovery backup.
Ok thank you...then I better stick with kitkat even do some applications stopped supporting it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 8 GLOBAL BETA 6.8.11 reported for DOOGEE DG700
    Requirements:
    Stock 4.4 KK firmware installed on the phone
    Custom recovery
    A working brain ... and some patience!

Credits:

All credits go to team ARGN for crossporting MTK6592 to MTK6582 and updating their ported rom here
    Me for porting from Gionee M2 to DG700

Feautures:
    Cross ported from the latest MIUI8 xiaomi.eu release for Redmi Note. (credits go to team ARGN)
    DG700 rom uses as base TEAM ARGN crossports from MTK6592 to MTK6582.
    Working: dual sim 3g (using dual sim control apk), wifi, bluetooth, gps, camara, sdcard, and everything else.
    No chiness apps
    All gapps preinstalled as system apps.
    Enhanced camera pics quality (must be enabled in camera settings).
    Repartitioned internal storage to 6G, custom carliv touch recovery (using stock kk firmware in the downloads at the end of the post).
    Xposed and xposed modules working.
    Many more ...

Known bugs:
    Theme apk SOMETIMES FC's, but themes are working.
    NVRAMWARNING wifi bug, easilly fixable (search xda or google for fix), wifi works just ok even with the NVRAMWARINING bug.
    Battery capacity will be shown only at 3100mah, even so battery life is far more superior than the actual R25 lollipop firmware for DG700. (I get about 3 days with wifi / data on, moderate usage of the phone on the current MIUI8 based on kk rom)
    Custom recovery CTR touch NOT WORKING. USE HARDWARE KEYS!

Installing
    Download DG700_MIUI8_beta_global_6.8.11.zip (link at the end of the post), copy it on the sd card.
    Download Stock R14 firmware linked at the end of the post (the attached build INCLUDES CTR custom recovery and repartitioned internal storage to 6G), unzip the archive and flash it with sp flash tools.
    After flashing R14 go directly to recovery, DO NOT BOOT into android.
    Once in recovery take the following steps:
    1. Wipe and Format Options > Clean to Install a new rom ... wait for the recovery to wipe system, data, go back to the main menu
    2. Install zip > Choose zip from storage/sdcard1 > browse for DG700_MIUI8_beta_global_6.8.11.zip and select it, install and wait for the installer to finish, go back to the main menu
    3. Reboot system now, when asked to install su / root phone, select NO! (if you want to root the phone later you can install Chainfire SU binaries from the recovery, and than SU app from the market)
    Wait for the rom to load, for the first time it will take some time ... be patient.

If you are not on stock KK THIS WILL NOT WORK! After flashing R14 firmware you will loose the IMEI's. Follow the guide frome here to restore the IMEI's:IMEI REPAIR / RESTORE /BACKUP

Customizing ... well ... the sky is the limit ... I use Plak to remove titles from the hotseat / launcher icons (as you cans see in the attached screenshots) and MIUI Tweaks for status bar (notification bar) customization ...
    IF ALL GOES WELL or IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBELMS PLEASE POST BACK!

If this post helped you hit the Thanks button!
    ENJOY!

Downloads:
    DG700 R14 Stock KK with CTR and repartitioned internal memory: DOWNLOAD LINK
    DG700 MIUI8 xiaomi.eu global beta v6.8.11: DOWNLOAD LINK
    Hey @tvladan,

My experience and feedback:
    All went smooth until I booted with the Miui installed. Because the IMEI problem I was not able to log into android (use than play store) nor Miui and the system would not let me go any further until I could by magic.
    IMEI
    I could not log in (system need unique phone ID such IMEI) so I needed to get the apks and move/save on the sdcard to be installed.
    I could not restore the IMEI with MTK which was suggesting a reset in order to fix it and I had no clue how to reset (not reboot).
    Mobile uncle. I made a IMEI backup but even if the app was restoring without problem, it really did not do anything also after rebooting
    Chameleon: the only app that did something although not permanent. I'm working to fix it

Nvram error: fixed with no issue as on this thread

MIUI: it is definitively a nice designed UI although the one I personally do not prefer. It is flexible if you want to do things as developers allow you which is on my opinion sometime to strick if we consider we all are looking for a rooted phone and than we are bond by the UI. For sure there are some features that are useful as were some I really appreciate from the stock ROM. One example: I agree that moving app to the SD card might slow down the system and use more battery but now that I've achieved a 6GB rom I'm using all of it for the app and just marginal cache/data will be saved on the SD....
    @tvladan: If I'd like to try only the KK rom without the MIUI and avoid the IMEI problem, are the following steps correct:
    1) restore LP with TWRP
    2) install stock R14 KK

ciao
    Hey @tvladan,

If I'd like to try only the KK rom without the MIUI and avoid the IMEI problem, are the following steps correct:
    1) restore LP with TWRP
    2) install stock R14 KK

ciao

Good Luck!

Unfortunately no, i moved to a mi5 last year and placed my old doogee in a drawer for safe keeping. This is the last port i made.
    You can move to doogee s60, it's on sale on gearbest and it is way better than titans s2. Also comes with android n from factory.