[ROM] dOPE v1.4deuce0 NCx 442 SS S5-AOSP-HYBRID DARK-MULTI-THEMED MINSIZE STUPIDQUICK

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
gogolie / gigilie presents:
osa5vn.jpg

Since the inital release nearly all issues have been fixed. Only thing I've noticed is that the homescreen for TouchWiz still leaves the words Press and hold screen to add items... Depending on what theme you go with, havent narrowed down the filename to fix this issue if you know help me out :) Themed in gray and black with Blue highlights and Electric Green edges with 3d toggles and icons. Theres also a lot of useful apps included in the no aroma release like 500px for random wallpaper that changes every few minutes and browsers, torch, side launchers, weather app, and a few launchers to pick from all very fast and allow on the fly themes so theres around 2000 themes available for this ROM....

Apps & Features in absolutely no order lol:

Custom dOPE Artwork by gogolie
AndroidL TW Theme
LG G3 TW Theme
IOS TW Theme
S5 TW Theme
MIUI 5 TW Theme
HTC Sense 5 TW Theme
+4 Other Brand New TW Themes
OneHand
Tethering USB & Hotspot
Smart screen
Voice Control
Air View
Blocking Mode
Hands-free Mode
Motions and Gestures (control your phone using hand gestures)
S5 Power Saving Mode
S5 Lockscreen (Particle Effect, Light Effect and Ripple Effect)
S5 Browser (Themed)
S5 Style Messaging (Themed)
Themed Clock, Contacts, Dialer, My Files, Calculator, S Planner, Settings, MMS
Google AOSP Camera and Gallery
Flash Annotate
Samsung Milk (sick music radio app with no ads try it!)
MultiWindows Plus
ScreenMirroring
S5 Kids Mode
OmniSwitch
Nova Launcher
Touchwiz S5 Launcher
Xperia Movies and Music
Sony Walkman
Samsung SideSync 3
ES File Explorer
500 Firepaper (for awesome random backgrounds from landscapes to nsfw you choose the category)
SuperSU 2.02 (installed automatically with gogolie's superRoot)
SideControl (customizable side launcher)
Snapdragon BatteryGuru (get the most out of your battery)
WizIconizer and Icon Packs: Ramadan2013 & Moonshine (run the app long press on the theme to theme your Touchwiz Launcher's Icons! NICE!)
Chainfire's Hotspot Control & Pry-Fi
SELinux Permissive & Safestrap 3.72 & TowelRoot
VoiceSearch
Gmail
Winamp (nice music app sync playlists from pc to phone easy)
Newest Xposed Installer with Greenify, HKTheme Manager, Notification Mod, Samsung Multi Widgets, App Settings, SideControl
Super Mario Brothers 1-3 (free little game only 1mb big just like the old school NES)
CM's Gallery
SketchBookX
Flipboard
Hangouts
YouTube HD
Kudo Beats 3 (Enable in app for better audio/music quality!)
Torch
TB Restore Fixer (fixes SELinux to allow proper restoring in TB)
Opera Mini
USB Mass Storage
CM Launcher (not Cyanogen) - (Fast Launcher with over 2000 Unique on the fly themes try it!)
RootExplorer
over 60 tweaks integrated to speed up all aspects of the ROM and improve image and sound quality
like the 50 Tweaks Init.d script ported by gogolie

Multiple Aroma Versions are coming soon!!! (More themes, more mods, more customization, multi-S4 carrier/model selection)

Screenshots:
Coming soon... users please post your favorites!

Installation:
1- Download the ROM
2- Run the zip file or files if alt theme downloaded too in Safestrap or TWRP.
3- No further steps necessary for VZW NCx SS users. You can restart to ROM now.
4- MDK Users need to install a custom kernel for wifi ect.
5- If WiFi or GPS isnt working try my WiFi Fix (Modules and Modem in 1).
6- AT&T/TMO/International Users patch ROM with APN settings .zip file for your carrier or enter in your APNs manually.
7- Reboot to ROM.

Download:
enjoy the NEW dOPE 1.420 with Black S5 Electric Green Edges aka BS5EGE no Aroma:
New dOPE v1.4duece0 for Verizon / Any S4 (Enter APNs or flash APN compatability patch)

&
dOPE CATs Aroma Addon beta test3 (Set of Themes, Themeing Options, Mods, Keyboards, System Sounds, Apps + MORE! Flash after no aroma ROM features an all in one CATS themer by PAS made into an Aroma Addon and updated to 442 by gogolie some elements may not work everytime this is a beta with more features then ive ever seen in an addon/mod/rom please report results from this beta test please note this does not include the ROM! download for that above!!!!)

or try an alternative theme (flash after install these were tested on an old version if the theme works please post some screenshots as I'm only one man and have my hands more than full. thanks for any help with this):

Blank ROM Theme Destroyer- Stock Out (For REthemeing or inital Theming of ROM flash this inbetween ROM and Theme)

gREY Merked G Themed by gogolie
AOSP HF Theme (by gogolie with elements from HotFudge by HS
Classic dOPE V1.0 Themed by gogolie with toggles from BobCat
Classic dOPE BabyBlu Theme (with elements from Carotix Reflux series theme)
Classic dOPE Ooo-ranged Theme (with elements from Carotix Reflux series theme)
AOSP Alt2 Theme by gogolie
atgnBluDom v1 by gogolie
dOPE MINTgreenWeed Theme (by gogolie with a lot of reggie cheeks EGO Green elements included)
grEY Merked v1 Theme by gogolie
rEDK 42o Theme (by gogolie with elements from reggie cheeks themes)
HFAOSP v1 Theme (by gogolie n HS)
hUnnyComb v1 by gogolie with elements from CHAOS honeycomb theme
newDom v1 Theme by gogolie has an AOSP feel like Domination only darker
xPeriance dOPE v1 by gogolie with elements from CHAOS Xperia theme
CATz Theme (based on PAS's multithemes made by gogolie)
sTAC Theme (another one based on PAS's CATS multithemes created by gogolie)

Alternative Bootanimations/Startup Songs
AStoner v2

Old Releases:
dOPE v1.0 for Verizon / Any S4 (enter APNS)
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717255

ill update the OP when I get some more screenshots and have more time

if you enjoy the ROM and want me to continue development please consider a donation or at least press the thanks button and pass on the word about the ROM or rock a banner!
2vijced.gif

33o1xue.jpg

Special Thanks or Credits go to those that have helped me multiple times or had involvement in the themes, mods or apps used:
Tulsadiver (#1 Supporter), PAS (themes-bootanimations), ted77 (themes), The Sickness (themes and mods), BobCat (themes), Duxter (themes) CHAOS (themes/ROMs/MODs), Carotix (themes/ROMs), wanam (base), DSA (ROMs), tamirda (ROMs/MODs), Hashcode (SS), HS (themes), reggie cheeks (themes)

Themes were created either from scratch by gogolie or by combining the amazing work from the developers above I thank and appreciate all you guys have done and will do for the android community. Users please consider a donation or thanking these developers yourselves their time and skills have lead to the amazing ROMs you get for free.

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Pretty cool, rom Gig! I haven't bench marked it yet but I like it. Thanks for another great rom!

Edit: Benchmarked at 28954. Not bad. Might be something I have done but the words "Press and hold screen to add items" stays up on my home screen all the time when I'm using the touchwiz home launcher. Not so with the Xperia launcher. I really like this rom. It is just like you said, speedy and fast feeling.

Last edited:

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
Clean install si far, no wifi even after -

nc5 modules

From Chaos Control in system settings-

Phone info-

Bootrloader version-...... mk2

Baseband Version - .....nc5

CSC- .... nc2

PDA- nc2/nc2c

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Mine gives the same error message but the screen shots were saved anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-24-19-27-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-19-27-34.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 735
  • Screenshot_2014-07-24-19-44-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-19-44-15.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 815
Last edited:
Reactions: pbman1953

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I've got a stupid question. NC5 has a shorter battery life than MK2 or lower. Is the battery life we get when we do a temporary upgrade just as bad or is it mainly for the OTA updated NC5 phones?

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I've got a stupid question. NC5 has a shorter battery life than MK2 or lower. Is the battery life we get when we do a temporary upgrade just as bad or is it mainly for the OTA updated NC5 phones?

1st off thanks bro for the screenshots you posted I had just discovered that myself. screenshots do save to the pictures/screenshots folder however probably due to the lack of any type of editing or photo type apps in the initial release it gives that error.

secondly the battery life from 4.4.2 vs 4.3 shouldnt vary by much if any. infact it should be just as good or better. it all depends on your cpu load or how much crap you have going on or what your doing while on your phone. ive had a few minimal roms like this last just as long as any 4.3 roms in terms of battery on one full charge. try using snapdragon battery guru it does help a lot.

wtfchuck

Jun 6, 2013
1st off thanks bro for the screenshots you posted I had just discovered that myself. screenshots do save to the pictures/screenshots folder however probably due to the lack of any type of editing or photo type apps in the initial release it gives that error.

Can you tell me the steps I need to take to fix it. I installed Google Camera and gallery for photo app. I have ROM toolbox and ES file explorer. TIA

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Gig, found one more problem. The alarm on the clock package doesn't work. I deleted it and brought a clock package in from another rom and it works just fine.

For a rom you did just for the fun of it, you did a heck of a job. This a really nice rom and I'm using it for my daily driver at least for now. If it had a battery changing package and I could get a custom keyguard flare to work it would be the perfect rom for me.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Gig, I know you have addressed this somewhere else and this isn't exactly the right forum for this question but as most people are concerned about tripping knox because of their warranty, I am not (as I have no warranty). Would you explain how the full upgrade and the the quick downgrade and quick upgrade zip files work? The ones that you can use via safestrap recovery? Do you flash a rom then flash the full upgrade or do you flash the full upgrade then flash a rom? Same question with the quick upgrade and downgrade files.

Last edited:

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
Clean install si far, no wifi even after -

nc5 modules

From Chaos Control in system settings-

Phone info-

Bootrloader version-...... mk2

Baseband Version - .....nc5

CSC- .... nc2

PDA- nc2/nc2c

I got it all to work! I don't know how or why but's here what I did-

After he WiFi wouldn't work I flashed any fix I could. Still a no go after that. Then I saw that he GPS wasn't working either so I flashed the GPS int FIX. At first a bad idea because it was stuck on the boot screen. Finally I dirty flashed and all's working, Go Figure

Now my setting have changed from above-

Bootloader is now NC5, not MK2

Baseband is now NC2, not NC5

The PDA & CSC stayed the same at NC2

Question-

Where is the Battery Calibrate app, because it's not in the drawer or in settings-

This Rom doesn't have a camera or a gallery link. I went to the play store and got both

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Also,

When using system setting to change the wallpapers,

The only folder that shows is the stock wallpaper folder, so if you have any gallery app or folder manager, they don't show

Thanks

Last edited:

wtfchuck

Jun 6, 2013
For a rom you did just for the fun of it, you did a heck of a job. This a really nice rom and I'm using it for my daily driver at least for now. If it had a battery changing package and I could get a custom keyguard flare to work it would be the perfect rom for me.

I agree this ROM is pretty sweet. I am using it for DD too. Just a couple of minor bugs to iron out.

Screenshot USB error msg
Lockscreen wallpaper path (might be my problem)
Alarm Clock

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Gig, found one more problem. The alarm on the clock package doesn't work. I deleted it and brought a clock package in from another rom and it works just fine.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Gig, I know you have addressed this somewhere else and this isn't exactly the right forum for this question but as most people are concerned about tripping knox because of their warranty, I am not (as I have no warranty). Would you explain how the full upgrade and the the quick downgrade and quick upgrade zip files work? The ones that you can use via safestrap recovery? Do you flash a rom then flash the full upgrade or do you flash the full upgrade then flash a rom? Same question with the quick upgrade and downgrade files.

it was one of those ROM's I did in a day.... wishing I could have someone cook me a nice ROMControl so I wouldnt have to borrow and in reality I dont its just a nice luxury. and I really like the settings as is from chaos with all the S5 features like app ops, network booster and the S5 lockscreen particle effect... i did get some artwork for the ROM and been working on a sick aroma for her well see update in a few.

thanks for the clock info and new apk :) is that themed the same tulsa?

if your in safestrap no knox will be trigggered. as long as the rom being installed is knox free too. and really your just flashing everything except the boot.img which u should still flash in odin. but as far as all the methods I developed for up and downgrading you wont trip KNOX only way you will trip is if you attempt a custom kernel or recovery flash in a locked bootloader.

Reactions: Tulsadiver

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Gig, I didn't theme the clock package other than what my zip themes ( I run a zip on almost every rom to fix things the way I like which is one reason I like tw roms since they are easy). I took the clock package from GDux.

So, with the safestrap zips I still need odin to quick up and downgrade, huh? Thanks for all the info. I have a few phones now that I bought used becasuse I thought one was ruined but all I had to do was accept the upgrade and I had bought another one already. Thanks for bringing so much fun to the S4 crowd. I could have bought a different phone but this is too much fun. I wish I had more time for this but my grandson is 3 1/2 now and demands more and more of my attention. I get on here as much as possible. Thanks again for another great rom. This one is a keeper.

Last edited:

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
I think this, so far is my favorite Rom you ever brought out and well worth a donate! Seems to be a hint of the Gdux look in there.

When possible please look back a couple posts and see if there are any answers to my questions, thanks!!

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I think this, so far is my favorite Rom you ever brought out and well worth a donate! Seems to be a hint of the Gdux look in there.

When possible please look back a couple posts and see if there are any answers to my questions, thanks!!

pb, are you talking about the battery guru that learns your battery or one that actually calibrates it when full?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone