• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] dotOS v1.2 for SM-J210F [Android 7.1.2]

Search This thread

NullCode

Hey.
I am using this ROM since 6th May (stock variant) and it is very great but has lots of bugs.
1. Bluetooth Audio stutters really bad (problem in every Android N rom for this phone)
2. Google Meet doesn't work (just shows the logo and then crashes) I am using Open GAPPS
3. Many system app crash randomly (sometimes even the launcher and system ui) requiring me to take out the battery and restarting the phone.
4. Camera quality is significantly bad compared to stock 6.0
But still a great project.
Thank you for keeping this phone updated.
Thank you for the detailed bug report.
I'll look into it after a few days (busy with life)
For now you may use ViperOS or Lineage

Uniqueshiva

Dec 30, 2020
Hey.
I am using this ROM since 6th May (stock variant) and it is very great but has lots of bugs.
1. Bluetooth Audio stutters really bad (problem in every Android N rom for this phone)
2. Google Meet doesn't work (just shows the logo and then crashes) I am using Open GAPPS
3. Many system app crash randomly (sometimes even the launcher and system ui) requiring me to take out the battery and restarting the phone.
i don't know y but google meet also crashes in viper os for me as i have online classes so currently i am on lineage os in it meet works perfectly

D

Deleted member 11003139

Welp I broke my J2's touchscreen for the fourth time
Instead of fixing it again, I think I'll just buy a new phone

sigh This might be the last rom i port for the J2
How unfortunate.
Mine also broke two days ago and it cracked the amoled under the glass rendering the screen unusable. Here is a proof
IMG-20210531-WA0016.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: NullCode

NullCode

is the wifi bug fixed? also i cant turn on my screen during phone calls, it might be the proximity sensor problem but the sensor is covered by the new display and i can not uncover it by any means . pls help
yes i haven't had any wifi drops with this rom
proximity sensor might be busted
I can't test because my phone's proximity is dead as well

Reactions: Nayandalwankar

Akthegamerg9

May 2, 2018
iQOO Z3

Variant information (Which one is which?)

1. GAPPS: This one has most of the stock Google apps (Drive, YouTube, etc) + GSF present. Recommend for most users. RAM usage 640mb on idle
  2. microG: All Google apps have been replaced with FOSS software. Google Services Framework has been replaced with microG. Signature spoofing is also present. RAM usage 560mb on idle
  3. DIY: Want to build your own ROM? This one's for you! Everything except the bare minimum has been stripped out, so that you can decide what to pick for your ROM. (For power users only).
  4. Stock dotOS: The stock dotOS compiled by PixelBoot for J3 2016; with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Signature spoofing and Power Button patched. Most stable out of all. You will need to flash additional GAPPS to get Google Services. RAM Usage 500mb.

Download Links:

Stock dotOS (Recommended): MEGA

Installation Instructions:​

[If you don't have TWRP, get an image and install it from here]

GAPPS:

• Boot to TWRP
  • [Do make sure to backup your data]
  • Wipe Dalvik, Data, System, Cache
  • Flash the ROM
  • Reboot. Done!
microG:
  • Boot to TWRP
  • [Do make sure to backup your data]
  • Wipe Dalvik, Data, System, Cache
  • Flash the ROM
  • After rebooting, open microG settings.
  • Go to self-check and tick the check boxes that are unticked (that will initialize microG)
  • Go back, and enable Device Registration, Cloud Messaging and Device Attestation
  • Then go to Location backends, and configure the DejaVu and Nominatim backends.
  • Done!
DIY and Stock dotOS will be the same as GAPPS variant
Hello, I just tried to install stock dotos from mega and it didn't work... It says corrupt zip file

Akthegamerg9

May 2, 2018
iQOO Z3
Okay.... It installed... Thanks... But magisk isn't installing for some reason... I turned on root access in developer options... Still it says error while parsing the package after downloading
[UPDATE]: it worked... I uninstalled and installed it back via TWRP!!! Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!
    This is a dotOS port from the Galaxy J3 2016 (made by @lucas000br) to the J2 2016.

Working:

• My (basic) testings all seemed to work quite well

Added features and patched bugs:

• Patched lock button in boot.img
    • Pre-rooted the ROM
    • Added FM-Radio from ViperOS (microG variant only)
    • Optimized features
    • Signature spoofing patched on microG variant
    • [See post #2 for further information]

Known problems:

• Gapps variant is laggy (nothing I can do - Google sucks)
    • Your J2 shows up as a J3 (it's a port that's why)

Download links and installation instructions can be found in post #2​

Credits:
    Nanolx for Signature Spoofing

PixelBoot for base
    lucas000br for modified base
    Me for everything else ;)

Obligatory Links:
    Kernel Source: Github
    Original Build (Abandoned by PixelBoot): XDA Developers (No source code)
    Port of Port (by lucas000br): Thread seems to have disappeared?
    i have flashed stock rom provided by u of dot os but my phone stuck at samsung logo pls look into it .....i am sure i have flashed it n follow all steps correctly
    I can't access internal storage after flashing. Stock file manager crashes if i open it. Stock browser says "no sd card, usb storage is required to download the file". There's no internal storage even after connecting the phone to pc. It only shows memory card.
    Edit: Just wiped the internal storage and re-flashed it. Works fine now
    Thanks for porting this amazing rom
    @NullCode, thanks for your work for device j210f...I like the ui of dot os..but i must say your previous build i.e viper os was more stable n amazing atleast for me....btw thanks a lot for keeping this device alive...
    Hey.
    Thank you for the detailed bug report.
    I'll look into it after a few days (busy with life)
    For now you may use ViperOS or Lineage