• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][DROPPED][8.1.0][ALBUS] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r47][2018/11/04]

Search This thread

Guerre710

Oct 7, 2018
Lag

after i installed some apps i've noticed that my phone has some lag, after i installed an update that was pulled, that was worse.

i found a fix just unninstall the pixel wallpapers (2017) i don't know if it fix the problem with the same app but in the 2016 version

Cupcake 1.5

Dec 6, 2016
London
Been using update a few hours and I must say, this is very stable!. Apart from the camera not being too reliable, a problem I have had with all Moto devices running custom roms, I am happy to keep this as my daily ROM and not go back to stock. Awesome job Dev, looking forward to some pie love. Pie arrowOS was really nice on my G5 Plus, very smooth, so Pixel Pie be a nice experience.

Reactions: brunorochaa00

Pranav Kumar

Feb 20, 2016
Secunderabad
If possible please add "previous app" option in fingerprint gestures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Moto_Actions_20181107-153253.png
    Screenshot_Moto_Actions_20181107-153253.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 202

signation

Nov 7, 2018
Edit- I've tried LineageOS, Firehound and this Pixel Experience ROM. All of them have the same standby battery drain problem. Installed Better Battery Stats on firehound and Awake(screen off) was at the top list and deep sleep is nowhere to be found. Tried various things like greenifying all the user apps disabling system apps and what finally fixed the issue was disabling moto gestures rebooting the phone and not using hotspot. The deep sleep came back and the standby drain was gone and battery life improved. Flashed back pixel experience and the same is true, the battery life is great without using hotspot. It seems hotspot moto gestures is buggy in every ROM. Hotspot drains battery even after turning it off. Can devs look into it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark2014

Cupcake 1.5

Dec 6, 2016
London
I've tried LineageOS, Firehound and this Pixel Experience ROM. All of them have the same standby battery drain problem. Installed Better Battery Stats on firehound and Awake(screen off) was at the top list and deep sleep is nowhere to be found. Tried various things like greenifying all the user apps disabling system apps and what finally fixed the issue was disabling moto gestures then rebooting the phone. The deep sleep came back and the standby drain was gone and battery life improved. Flashed back pixel experience and the same is true, the battery life is great without moto gestures. It seems moto gestures are buggy in every ROM. Can devs look into it ? One button nav was really useful. Now the fingerprint sensor is there just to unlock the phone.
Edit- My luck just ran out, the issue came back. Apparently the reboot is what fixed the issue and then it came back after a day and another reboot again did the trick. Something prevents the phone from going to deep sleep. Maybe some kernel related bug.

I think something your end is the problem, I have better battery life on Pixel experience than stock ROM.

As you can see in screen, deep sleep is working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_CPU_Spy_20181108-124455.png
    Screenshot_CPU_Spy_20181108-124455.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

signation

Nov 7, 2018
I think something your end is the problem, I have better battery life on Pixel experience than stock ROM.

As you can see in screen, deep sleep is working.

Yes, Some 3rd party app is probably causing this issue, it is not present in safe mode. I am uninstalling apps one by one to pinpoint the problematic one. It really sucks, I didn't use Titanium backup and freshly installed everything from Play store just to avoid issues like this.

Last edited:

chuletaz024

Sep 6, 2016
Yes, Some 3rd party app is probably causing this issue, it is not present in safe mode. I am uninstalling apps one by one to pinpoint the problematic one. It really sucks, I didn't use Titanium backup and freshly installed everything from Play store just to avoid issues like this.
My phone not enter en deep sleep too, i don't know why. Sorry for the english

Cupcake 1.5

Dec 6, 2016
London
I have two questions
Does the Portrait mode work fine in gcam? if so include samples please...
Is the battery life good for playing pubg?
Thanks in advance!

No, HDR does not work on front camera, unless you want to look like the Hulk, because it's green.

What Kind of question is that about pubg? You play a game like pubg, it drains your battery. Period. It makes no difference what setup you use. Pubg kills my battery on every rom, stock included.

For me gaming is better on the stock ROM, I get way less lags when playing creative destruction and pubg.

Last edited:

signation

Nov 7, 2018
Found out the root cause of battery drain and no deep sleep issue. It is a bug related to WiFi hotspot. Steps to reproduce - turn on mobile data and hotspot now turn them off. Battery will drain continuously even after the hotspot is turned off and the phone will not go to deep sleep. Workaround for now is to reboot your phone and not use hotspot at all until the devs fix it.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2012
Graz
No, HDR does not work on front camera, unless you want to look like the Hulk, because it's green.

What Kind of question is that about pubg? You play a game like pubg, it drains your battery. Period. It makes no difference what setup you use. Pubg kills my battery on every rom, stock included.

For me gaming is better on the stock ROM, I get way less lags when playing creative destruction and pubg.

Go to B-S-G-MOD in Camera Settings and change the 'manual fixed black levels' to !16!. Then Hulk is gone and you are Bruce Banner again.

Thanks for this great ROM! I just have one question: why does the microphone clip when music is too loud on every custom Rom? is there a driver missing? on a stock rom the mic never clipped...

Reactions: Cupcake 1.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i3OR5Mx.jpg

PixelExperience for Moto Z2 Play [albus]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 8.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    VoLTE
    4G+ (Brazil)
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint sensor
    NFC
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    JBL motosnap service dropped
    The only motosnap that works correctly is the batterysnap, others works with limitations or don't work, DO NOT REPORT BUGS ON OTHERS MOTOSNAPS!
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED]
    THIS IS THE LAST BUILD BY ME. I'M DROPED THE DEVICE, SEARCH OTHER MAINTAINER TO KEEP THE BUILDS. THANKS TO ALL
    Download from Pixel Experience website

If you liked this project, don't forget to leave your thanks :p

Useful files and trips
    *Disable all gesures with screen off (confg > moto actions > gestures with screen off > disable all toggles

*Use this TWRP to flash the ROM

Use this settings on prebuilt GCAM
    IGNORES VIDEO STABILIZATION, DISABLE IT

*Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    *Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    *AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OLD] PIXEL EXPERIENCE OREO Z2 PLAY, ROM for the Moto Z2 Play

Contributors
    dlproject
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Motorola fw disponible, Bootloader unlocked and TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-28

Created 2018-10-28
    Last Updated 2019-01-19
    Thank you so much for an amazing ROM !!

P.S - I used normal TWRP 64BIT, no issues till now
    ok, I'll make this now...

Idk how it works, but if bootanimation is a GIF or a MP4, we can take a frame of the beginning, should be enough since it should be 1920x1080. Thank you for your attention.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

@dlproject

I made it!

I took the bootanimation from https://github.com/PixelExperience/vendor_pixelstyle/blob/pie/media/bootanimation_1080.zip

PNG file from bootanimation_1080.zip I used was ODR_Boot_02_480.png. Since it is not full screen, it is just the Google part about 480p, I had to put it into a new image 1080x1920 in Photoshop, and center it. I tried to use the original image first, but the background was black sadly.

The logo.bin I taken from official stock FW (ALBUS_OPSS27.76-12-25-7_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.rar)

I modified it with the Motorola Boot Logo Maker and replaced boot, unlocked, red, yellow and orange screens. All other remains untouched, stock from Motorola.

The result is... 99% perfect. It is maybe 1 pixel not exactly the same place. If you don't pay attemption, will not note. I don't know how to make this fits perfectly, I've tried some things.. If you find a solution, would be marvelous.

Anyway, the result is awesome, anyone can use it.
    @dlproject

I'm creating a very nice companion to your ROM, a Google Pixel style bootlogo. Take a look at the attached video.

It also hides the N/A string!

Can you please help me in extracting the exact same PNG of the beginning of your boot animation, then I put it into the boot logo and have the perfect boot logo + boot animation integration! :D

But idk how can I get this.

ok, I'll make this now...
    Oh my God!!! This is amazing!! I love this ROM!! ?