[ROM][E(dual + single)][v1.1.0a][20 Nov 2013] CyanogenMod 10 with Dual Sim

Search This thread

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
you have cm10...now my question is..
1-whis is not working..the video playback or video recorder?
2--is this rom has any network bug of any type?
3--i'm on 11.3.A.2.23..bootloader unlocked,stock kernel-----how can i install this rom??
4-is this rom smooth?

1. Video recorder.
2. Well,network bug is present,but I came through this bug a week later or so.
3.Flash 11.3.A.2.13 baseband,install cwm,flash zip,wike dalvik cache and cache,flash gapps.
4.Very smooth,even more with OC,Greenify.

Reactions: loveingrup2

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
you have cm10...now my question is..
1-whis is not working..the video playback or video recorder?
2--is this rom has any network bug of any type?
3--i'm on 11.3.A.2.23..bootloader unlocked,stock kernel-----how can i install this rom??
4-is this rom smooth?

1- video recorder
2 .- no network bug till date
3 - I too was on .23 before flashing CM10. Here's what I did:
-Flashed CWM kernel (u can also use hsr0's dual recovery kernel)
-Flashed this ROM.
-Cleared /data and /cache (factory reset)[HAVE BACKUPS OF YOUR APPS VIA TITANIUM BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!]
-Flashed g-apps
-Rebooted
-Fell in love with the bootanimation :p
Thats it!
4- yeah its smooth enough. But the kernel requires some improvement: there has been a decline in benchmark scores and performance in Real Racing 3 (that too on medium graphics, not the default low). Its no problem if you're not a gamer. Everyday usage is great.

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP :D

Last edited:
Reactions: loveingrup2

loveingrup2

Apr 25, 2013
1- video recorder
2 .- no network bug till date
3 - I too was on .23 before flashing CM10. Here's what I did:
-Flashed CWM kernel (u can also use hsr0's dual recovery kernel)
-Flashed this ROM.
-Cleared /data and /cache (factory reset)[HAVE BACKUPS OF YOUR APPS VIA TITANIUM BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!]
-Flashed g-apps
-Rebooted
-Fell in love with the bootanimation :p
Thats it!
4- yeah its smooth enough. But the kernel requires some improvement: there has been a decline in benchmark scores and performance in Real Racing 3 (that too on medium graphics, not the default low). Its no problem if you're not a gamer. Everyday usage is great.

thanks..1 more question..can u say which rom is more smooth latest stock or this???
2 which rom has better gaming performance?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

why Riches Kernel [0.5] doesn't work with this rom??
Riches Kernel [0.5] is for cm10
then why it does not works?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507787

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
thanks..1 more question..can u say which rom is more smooth latest stock or this???
2 which rom has better gaming performance?

Look, don't completely rely on me for feedback. Performance varies from device to device.
For MINE, gaming performance has gone down(tested only with a newer version of Real Racing 3, the update may be the reason), but general smoothness and response time is better.
Its also possible that MY tweaks have messed up the ROM (- and so I'm planning to do a fresh install!)
So go ahead, and try it yourself !;)
why Riches Kernel [0.5] doesn't work with this rom??
Riches Kernel [0.5] is for cm10
then why it does not works?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507787

I Seriously don't know. :(
Life would be awesome if it would work with this CM10. :beer:

Reactions: mani.smhs

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Hey, can you tell me how you got the compass working? I'd like that as well, but I'm using jjm34's CM10, which doesn't have magnetometer support.

Try flashing the boot.img from this ROM over the one you're using right now!

I Seriously don't know. :(
Life would be awesome if it would work with this CM10. :beer:
The ramdisk used is different!
You could ask him to compile with the ramdisk used in this ROM ;)

when will be the new version of this rom released??
what are the coming features??

Sorry, i have been really busy for the last few days and also my internet connection has been erratic, so haven't been able to do any ROM related work!

Reactions: KDB223

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Sony has released the sources for kernel version 11.3.A.2.13!
Why not compile the kernel for your next build from it?! (For E SS)
Might fix issues...

loveingrup2

Apr 25, 2013
Reactions: KDB223

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Network Bug Info

I have some information here.
I'm not really sure if it'll actually be of some help, though. :p

OK, so here's the case-

As soon as I flashed this ROM, I had instantly applied all mods and tweaks that I had applied in the stock ROM. (That included Pimp My Rom, Build.prop edits, VM value changes etc.), in the hopes to make it completely smooth. I know that was a foolish thing to do on CM.
Gradually, there had been unsettling lag on my phone, especially in games and heavy apps. So I decided to do a COMPLETE reflash, including wiping /system too. And so I did that yesterday. I wiped /data , /system , /cache, and did a factory reset again just to be sure. :silly:
Then I reflashed the ROM. What I was fed with after boot-up was the network bug.
Doing another reflash didn't help, and a factory reset was useless, too.

Now, coming to the point, since I didn't wipe /system before installing the ROM over the stock, I assume that there is some file(s) in /system folder of the stock ROM which is responsible to prevent the network bug. (Kinda obvious, I know :silly: )
That said, I advise everyone to first flash the 11.3.A.2.13 or 11.3.A.2.23 stock firmware before going for installing the ROM.

And @hsr0 , you could use this technique to recreate the bug and hopefully fix it!:good:

BTW, I fixed it by flashing @jjm34 's CM10 (which caused the battery bug and video playback issues) and then flashing @hsr0 's kernel included in this ROM. (to fix the battery bug and video playback)
Hope it helps.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
BTW, I fixed it by flashing @jjm34 's CM10 (which caused the battery bug and video playback issues) and then flashing @hsr0 's kernel included in this ROM. (to fix the battery bug and video playback)
Hope it helps.
LOL, like me. I'd like to mention, however, that the 2.23 or 2.13 thing doesn't work in some models. Sure, try it, but if it doesn't work, the above quote is the best solution.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Probably baseband bug...right...

I'm on ics now working on a Rom..
So dunno exactly,but guys,just.try flashing baseband from flashtool when network bug occurs...that.might help.

Nope. If it were a baseband bug, it would've been fixed with the 2.23 and 2.13 flashes I did.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Hey, just noticed that smartassv2 governer isn't working with the kernel. Kernel version is 3.4.0-perf-g8300520 hsr@hsr-abe#1.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Is there anyway for E SS users to disable the Dual Sim?

If you have single SIM, dual SIM is disabled permanently. It's a bit of a hardware problem, but hopefully in some time we can use two SIMs on our single-SIM phones. :p

Just kidding. You see the second SIM icon on the status bar, but other than that it is (said to be) working fine for most single SIM users.

olega77

Dec 2, 2008
I wanna ask: can you add a kernel or patch with call rec support ? I meen telephone line. It is very a pity that there is no such possibility.I have tried different programs...- was not satisfied !

kakamadgage2

Jun 8, 2009
work on 1.39 baseband

I have tried it in my C1605 dual with base band 1.39 and it work well
is possible to switch SIM default for SMS using toggle?

thanks

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Sorry!

Sorry for the lack of any development for the ROM!

It's just that i have been really busy as stated before.

Also i have been trying to build cm11 from source during whatever spare time i got, however it has been taking significantly longer to compile which makes it impossible for me to run test builds and try bug fix.

Even a simple compilation of the boot.img is taking significantly longer.

Since i am a student, it is not possible for me to upgrade to a build machine with comparable specifications.

So until i can figure out something, development is under hold

Sorry
hsr

Reactions: thuybang

meiax93

This rom awesome.
But i have a little pr0blem.
When i change sim card, to other carrier, it cannot choose sub, just appear ok :(
Before change sim card. It work :)
I already flash boot.img.

Now i want full-wipe and install it again with same sim card and nit change it. Hope it works :victory:
EDIT :
Not working, so i reflash ftf 11.13.A.2.1 and flash back this ROM :(
NEW:
Sometimes i appear a dot-dot. Maybe i attact screenshot later. cause that phone at my gf

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

This is a continuation from jjm34's version of CyanogenMod 10 with Dual SIM with a few bug fixes and changes.

Current Version : v1.1.0a 20/11/2013

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * You may have voided your device's warranty.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. [B]YOU[/B] are choosing to make these modifications on your device
     * I absolutely disclaim any responsibility.
     */

Download Links

This ROM is completely based off jjm34's CM10(dual) build, hence complete credits to him for his contribution.
    However a few modifications have been/are being made to kernel/ROM in order to improve user experience.
    The ROM has been personally tested on my C1604 and is fit for essential use.
    The is reported to be working on Xperia E single sim versions without any modifications also!

Features
    • Based on CM10 (AOSP 4.1.2)
    • Stable Overclock to 1.3GHz
    • Working Sensors(including magnetometer)
    • Dual SIM implementation
    • Works on Xperia E Single Sim Also
    • OTA updates supported
    • Non-stock CPU governors available

Installation

The ROM is currently in Alpha stage, it suggested that you charge to battery to over 50% and have a backup of your data before flashing this release

• Install stock Jellybean firmware (11.3.A.2.1) since the ROM is based off that and hence requires those baseband firmwares.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • Flash the cm-nanhu_ds-ota-{version}.zip
    • Do a factory reset (data/cache)
    • (Optional) Flash Google Apps for 10.0.x from here http://goo.im/gapps
    • Reboot
    • Initial start up might take a while since the system might be caching up resources

GPL Compliance
    Note : The source is compiled using files from jjm34's source code modification, hence use this repo manifest https://github.com/der-koenig/repo_manifests and replace device and kernel files with the above mentioned.

Issues
    • Video Encoding Not Working

NOTE : Since this is a community project, it is requested that you report any issue you may find along with logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg logs

Error Reporting

Send a logcat of the phone while rebooting/while the error occurs

Troubleshooting/FAQ
    1. Video playback does not seem to work!
      • Upgrade to v1.0.1 or higher!
    2. My phone seems to be overheating quite quickly!
      • This maybe due to the overclock feature and intensive usage, you can reduce the clock speed to improve stability!
        • Go to Settings -> Perfomance -> Processor -> Max CPU Frequency
        • Chose any of the given frequencies between 1008 MHz to 1305 MHz (1008 MHz is stock max frequency)
        • Change the governor to OnDemand/Powersave or Conservative
    3. Does this work on Xperia E Single Sim?
      • Yes, it has been found to be stable with any major issues as of now!
    4. How do I use the Dual Recovery!
      • Booting into TWRP
        • Power Off The Device
        • Power on the device
        • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, press the volume down key a couple of times
        • You should be in recovery mode with orange notification bar
      • Booting into CWM
        • Power Off The Device
        • Power on the device
        • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, wait till it lights off
        • When notification bars lights up to green, press the volume down key
        • You should be in recovery mode with orange notification bar
    5. How do I use SmartAssV2 Governor!
      • Go to Settings -> Perfomance -> Processor
      • Click CPU Governor
      • Select SMARTASSV2

Credits
    • jjm34 for his work on the dual sim implementation
    • FXP for the initial configurations
    • CyanogenMod Team for their ROM
    • CodeAurora for their dual sim implementation

Change Log
    1. v1.0.0a 09/11/2013
      • Overclock to 1.3GHz
      • Fixed Magnetometer
    2. v1.0.1a 15/11/2013
      • Fixed Video Playback issues
      • Added support for OTA updater
    3. v1.1.0a 20/11/2013
      • First OTA update
      • Dual Recovery Support (see Troubleshooting/FAQ #4)
      • SmartAssV2 Governor added! (see Troubleshooting/FAQ #5)
      NOTE: You need to be on v1.0.1 for the OTA update/incremental update patch to work!
    Does this firmware work with Xperia E SS (C1505)?
    And works the camera recording already?

Yes, it works without any major issues.

Video recording is not working as of now but video playback has been fixed.

Hey and btw, will there be any cool ota update soon? And can you change the setting of controlling the top led to the bottom led bar? Our device supports almost all colors and it would be super cool to make that work.. Missing it now:(:(

Sorry my internet was down for most of the day, could only access through my mobile.

The led bar is controlled in different manner as compared to the top led, I haven't been able to figure out how the colouring scheme works for this, since only a single RGB file is available for chaining colours.
    Also it's the applications which control the led, you might have noticed that it lights up only for Sony applications.

Working led bar and sweep2wake would be heaven.
    Really wish that these things come into existence.
    sweep2wake, you mean as a kernel module, not an app?

I'll try flashing again. I was using 11.3.A.0.47 before this (single SIM firmware, 4.1.1 Jelly Bean). The proximity sensor works (I see red light), but doesn't stop (red light keeps blinking)! Also, the dialer gets stuck on “Hanging up...”, and when I press the Home button I get the phone icon in the dialer, showing ‘Unknown’ as the caller. The proximity sensor keeps working, and if I put a finger over it, the screen turns off, and when I remove my finger it comes back up.
    Did you do a factory reset after flashing?

Also the proximity sensor works only during the call right?
    Then it's working perfectly, as its a power saving feature when you keep the phone next to your ear.

--

regarding OTA. v1.1.0 with dual recovery and smartass governor will be released soon!
    Unfortunately, I have been caught up with really important study related issues.
    Coupled with the university's network policy, I doubt I can do any heavy downloads, which probably means that I would have to stop any form of ROM development or anything where the source can exceed 1 GB.

Also my phone has a couple of issues with it's power button due to which I was forced to buy a new, it would have been exciting to continue with development had it not been for the above restrictions.
    download link fixed
    So,if i dont want to flash but still want to update new ROM,how can i do ( like change some .apk in system app) ?
    Thanks man

it's a slightly longer procedure, a few libraries have been changed. some files rebuilt.

so if you don't want to compromise integrity of the system, it would be better to perform a full flash.

but I'll see if I can manually prepare an update package.