[ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost Purity - Learned from radioactivity!

What should I change the name of the ROM to?

• Total voters
Search This thread

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
I find it clunky and I keep getting the quick settings instead of notifications when I swipe down.

As far as I remember, some CM builds bring the notifications panel if you swipe down from the top left. Otherwise, if you do it from the top right, the quick settings panel will come up instead.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
I find it clunky and I keep getting the quick settings instead of notifications when I swipe down.

You could easily fix this by going to the SystemUI Preferences (the 3 dots next to the clock). Set Left Corner Tap and Right Corner Tap to None. Press the second tab in the SystemUI Preferences and untick Full Screen.

As for the bar at the bottom of the drawer, Im afraid we will have to put up with that, until we find a better alternative SystemUI.

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
Potential final version of the ROM coming soon! I've found a way to make AOSP dialer work on this ROM. (Thanks @DanielFlorin). Looks like this ROM is gonna be identical to CM after all!

EDIT: Ok so the AOSP dialer work, the AOSP call screen doesn't. In next update, dialer and contacts will be AOSP, call screen is still from Sony. So not a final update then.
AWESOME ROM, AWESOME DEV!! :hats off:

Really 4.4.4 dialer AWESOME!! Been trying to port it since a long time, didn't get very far!!
Is the new(4.4.4) Dialer in NexBoost-V3???

I know this is too much to ask but is there a way you could simply upload an UpdateZip or use the OTA-Updater for updates so we don't lose all our apps every update??

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
AWESOME ROM, AWESOME DEV!! :hats off:

Really 4.4.4 dialer AWESOME!! Been trying to port it since a long time, didn't get very far!!
Is the new(4.4.4) Dialer in NexBoost-V3???

I know this is too much to ask but is there a way you could simply upload an UpdateZip or use the OTA-Updater for updates so we don't lose all our apps every update??

Sorry to kill off your vibe, but it's just AOSP ICS dialer. KitKat AOSP dialer requires back porting which is, unfortunately beyond my knowledge.
However, porting should be easier with the new services.jar in V3. Dialer is still Sony in V3. V4 will have AOSP ICS dialer. Then you can try porting Kitkat dialer.

anurox2

Feb 25, 2014
Lucknow
Sorry to kill off your vibe, but it's just AOSP ICS dialer. KitKat AOSP dialer requires back porting which is, unfortunately beyond my knowledge.
However, porting should be easier with the new services.jar in V3. Dialer is still Sony in V3. V4 will have AOSP ICS dialer. Then you can try porting Kitkat dialer.

Aww hell,
Anyways you are doing a very good job. Nope, I gave up on porting the 4.4.4 dialer too, its too time taking.
There is a Dialer on GPLAY looks and works like the 4.4.4 dialer, here is the link,http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2587872 it still has a few bugs but its awesome and Hats Off to the DEV.

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
You know, a cm11 systemui,aosp dialer,and sony xperia framework would be really really nice.
Just a suggestion.
I'm pretty sure that many people here love the new xperia ui[esp the settings],so give it a shot,please?
or maybe just a flashable zip for those you want to experience the z2ui[just like eXperia Rom by Daniel]

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
You know, a cm11 systemui,aosp dialer,and sony xperia framework would be really really nice.
Just a suggestion.
I'm pretty sure that many people here love the new xperia ui[esp the settings],so give it a shot,please?
or maybe just a flashable zip for those you want to experience the z2ui[just like eXperia Rom by Daniel]

You do know that it might take a while, right? I could do it, but don't expect to get it soon. Framework theming takes a long time.

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Sorry for off-topic, but today i was making the wp7 recent apps using Nexboost's SystemUI, and i get this error when compiling:
Code:
C:\Users\Binh\apktool>apktool b SystemUI
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res\drawable\stat_sys_gps_acquiring_anim.xml:5: e
rror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with v
alue '@*android:drawable/APKTOOL_DUMMY_06ff').
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutExce
ption: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Binh\AppData\Local\Temp\AP
KTOOL8875013550155190575.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\
Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\AndroidManif
est.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:193)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\U
sers\Binh\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8875013550155190575.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Binh\a
pktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Bin
h\apktool\SystemUI\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
a:191)
        ... 6 more
Any idea to fix that?
The tut was here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552409

PS: @doperthancoke u should consider adding this too :rolleyes:

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Sorry for off-topic, but today i was making the wp7 recent apps using Nexboost's SystemUI, and i get this error when compiling:
Code:
C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res\drawable\stat_sys_gps_acquiring_anim.xml:5: e
rror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with v
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutExce
ption: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Binh\AppData\Local\Temp\AP
KTOOL8875013550155190575.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\
Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\AndroidManif
est.xml]
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\U
sers\Binh\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8875013550155190575.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Binh\a
pktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Binh\apktool\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Bin
        ... 6 more
Any idea to fix that?

Yeah. I should. People came to this thread asking me to add fancy mods into the ROM without knowing that I'm not even that good of a modder. I'm not a modding expert or anything. :p Maybe I'll try, if I'm not too lazy to do it.

But are you sure you want to add this? I mean the recent apps thumbnail in ICS is low quality. So if you enlarge it like in Windows Phone, it's gonna look horrid. So you might want to consider fixing the low quality thumbnail first.

Try it with a different SystemUI, it might work. Take the xboost system UI, see how it goes.

Last edited:

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Yeah. I should. People came to this thread asking me to add fancy mods into the ROM without knowing that I'm not even that good of a modder. I'm not a modding expert or anything. :p Maybe I'll try, if I'm not too lazy to do it.

But are you sure you want to add this? I mean the recent apps thumbnail in ICS is low quality. So if you enlarge it like in Windows Phone, it's gonna look horrid. So you might want to consider fixing the low quality thumbnail first.

Try it with a different SystemUI, it might work. Take the xboost system UI, see how it goes.
Xboost has the same error. I think the problem belongs to my PC, and that's why I asked u to do that (I've given u the tutorial)
And about the low-qual thumbnail, i've modded the framework-res to make it higher.
EDIT: If u want to make it, remember ignoring the "background color" step.

Last edited:
Reactions: doperthancoke

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
How did you fix the low quality thumbnail?
Decompile framework-res.apk, go to /res/values/dimens.xml and change thumbnail width and height. the size for wp7 mod is 240.0 and 151.0.
Come to think of it, my apktool gives error on all SystemUI.apk, but work normally on framework-res. The hell is that?
@NeoTrix that only looks good with a large screen.

Last edited:

UltraGamerHD

Aug 15, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
You could easily fix this by going to the SystemUI Preferences (the 3 dots next to the clock). Set Left Corner Tap and Right Corner Tap to None. Press the second tab in the SystemUI Preferences and untick Full Screen.

As for the bar at the bottom of the drawer, Im afraid we will have to put up with that, until we find a better alternative SystemUI.

@doperthancoke

PM me NexboostV1 Link

DanielFlorin

Nov 3, 2013
Bucharest RO
rodevelopers.blogspot.ro
Code:
est.xml]
        ... 6 more
Any idea to fix that?

Delete " APKTOOL_DUMMY_06ff... " from stat_sys_gps_acquiring_anim.xml line 5...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nexboost ROM - Unofficial Cyanogenmod alternative

Kernel sources can be found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/development/e-poseidon-ics-kernel-t2686028

CAUTION: GLTOOLS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS ROM, OR ANY ICS BASED ROM FOR THAT MATTER. IT'LL WORK AT FIRST, BUT OVER TIME IT WILL CAUSE APPS TO CRASH, AND MESS UP YOUR CAMERA DRIVER.

CAUTION #2: WHEN YOU FINISH FLASHING, CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY MIGHT SAY SOMETHING LIKE "Rom might attempt to flash stock recovery on reboot. Disable recovery flash?". YOU MUST PICK NO. IF YOU PICK YES, NONE OF THE PUREPERFORMANCE TWEAKS WILL WORK.

To ensure the smoothness of this ROM, Google Play Services is not included.
    However, this means that newer version of Google Apps will not work. Older versions of those apps, still work nonetheless.
    I have uploaded older version of some Google apps I've tested and seems to work best with Nexboost specifically.

Right now on my list:
    Gmail 4.8
    YouTube 4.1.47 HD Mod
    Maps 6.14
    News and Weather 1.3
    Google Play Music 4.3.609.436083
    You can download these in the download section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...5474#downloads

Anyone who have any requests or suggestion for any other Google apps, please post it here.

SCREENSHOT LINK: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#screenshots

Do a full wipe when you flash a newer version of the ROM (wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system). The reason for this is, most of the updates involve messing with system files. So it would be safer to just to a clean wipe before you flash a newer version.

Features:

• CM11 Look - Kitkat themed framework
    • Pre-rooted with latest SuperSU and su binary
    • Updated Busybox installed
    • Debloated Extremely - only 50 apps left /system/app/ - and that's with Gapps included
    • Init.d support
    • 1.5 GHz OC - thanks @UltraGamerHD
      [*]PurePerformance X Golden Edition - thanks @Jeeko Removed for stability!
    • AOSP Message app
    • CM11 Calculator
    • AOSP Browser
    • Apollo Music Player like in CM11
    • AOSP Contacts and Dialer
    • CM9 LatinIME
    • Apex Launcher as default launcher
    • AOSP Lockscreen
    • Custom font
    • AOSP 4.2 Camera and Gallery
    • Nexus 4 themed Clock Widget
    • QuickPic
    • Cyanogenmod File Manager
    • Newest Play Store - v4.9.13
    • Google Play Services NO GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES! BLOCKED INSTALLATION PERMENENTLY!

BUGS:

I honestly don't know how to fix these bugs. I would if I could.

- Battery percentage is weird at times (goes up and down). Battery life is ok, though. There seems to be a problem with the Poseidon Kernel causing this. Hope @UltraGamerHD will fix it sometime in the future.

- A lot of people ask about the stock Xperia Themes. Well, they don't work. I already changed .pngs files in various apks causing the themes to no longer work.

- Some apps force closes at times (Whatsapps, Gmail, Browser,etc..). Clearing the apps data, they'll work again.

Credits:
    Other people who helped: @DanielFlorin - helped me a lot with some of the features in this ROM @iPlasm - HTC HD Mini CM9 dev - I got some of my apks and pngs from his rom
    TamsuiCM and Cyanogenmod team - I took a lot of pngs from CM11 of course @Xmoose - for his rom xboost
    And many other people who helped indirectly.... @Gerr_kpo - Tipo dev for his Performa V5 - took a lot of his pngs in his ROM as well @serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2 - For CM11-like SystemUI
    .... I can't include everyone because I got my resources from so many places. So to all those people I haven't thanked: Thank you very much. You all contributed one way or another.

Download link
    HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#downloads

Size of ROM: 170 MB - The size of a CM9 nightly. Slimmed down Gapps included. So it's basically CM-sized. (In fact, it's even lighter than CM11 Alpha 6.1).

Instructions:
    1. Flash 11.0.A.6.8 firmware (4.0.4 ftf)
    2. Flash Poseidon Kernel
    3. Boot into CWM
    4. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    5. Format system
    6. Flash the ROM, enjoy your Sony Xperia Nexus

NOTE (MUST READ):
    On first boot, before doing anything, adjust the time on your phone to the correct date and time, time zone. Otherwise Play Store won't download.

This rom is very slim. So it might not have some of the stuff you use (Voice Search, Sim Toolkit,etc...). I'll upload a zip of the removed apps later.

Tips:

- Download "Disable Services" from Play Store to well...disable services. Anything you don't use - disable it.

- Use old version of apps. The new version of Facebook for example, takes up 50 MB of space and 80 MB of RAM. Use Facebook 3.4, takes up only 35 MB of RAM and 30 MB of space. Another example is Google Maps. The new version is clunky, laggy. Use the old Google Maps with the Locales app and the ICS-like UI. Much smoother.

- Greenify everything except for apps that you need to run in background.

- Whenever your apps start force closing and media won't scan, go to CWM -> Advanced -> Fix permissions

Changelog

- Initial Release

- Changed the font to Diavlo (with Unicode support)
    - Changed Bold fonts to Jelly Bean Roboto
    - Removed Google Play Services
    - Added CM11-like tabbed SystemUI (Battery percentage included) - thanks to @serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2
    - Changed default wallpaper to Kitkat wallpaper

- Added CPU Stats and CPU Settings in developer options
    - SuperUserMod services.jar

- Removed Sony Phonebook - Replaced with AOSP ICS Dialer
    - Changed the Android Clock font (You'll see the changes in Clock app).
    - Replaced the SystemUI with @Gerr_kpo SystemUI - CM11 Themed
    I replaced it because I've heard complaints about the tabbed ones being to clunky.
    (If you want tabbed, take it from V3. I'll leave the links up).
    - Further debloating (Removed all Sony Contacts related apks - they're no longer neccessary. Also, removed MediaUploader.apk)
    - Removed parts of the Sony Framework
    - Permenently blocked the automatic installation of Google Play Services. From now on, it can't be installed on your phone and slow everything down ever again!
    - Further themed the call screen so it looks more like AOSP
    - Some layout xmls modifications (Just flash new version, you'll see)

- Updated AOSP Browser: Now with Incognito, and Home Page button!
    - Font changed to Bauhaus
    - Clock font changed to HeroLight
    - New tiled SystemUI that looks almost identical to CM11. Thanks to @draco_ag
    (To access SystemUI preferences, pull down notification bar, press the "Menu" hardware key, and tap "SystemUI Preferences")

The ROM is almost no longer based on Xboost. Most of the system files in the base ROM have been replaced with files from @DanielFlorin deodex package

Reloaded:
    The memory problem is partially fixed (I think. Not guaranteeing anything though). Testers are welcomed.
    Also, in this update:
    - 2 choices on first boot: Apex and Nova
    - Viper4Android FX added
    - updated Busybox
    - updated SuperSU and SU binary
    - updated QuickPic
    - updated CM11 calculator
    - Replaced AOSP camera with CyberShot camera (coz the AOSP one kinda sucks)

Purity:
    - Smaller lockscreen clockfont (looks more like CM11)
    - All fonts changed to Bauhaus (including Italic, Bold, etc...)
    - Changed busybox - no more problems with busybox
    - Updated Viper4Android
    - Removed all tweaks. The ROM should be stable now

You can do whatever you want with this rom (use it as a base rom, mirror it, etc...). Just give me proper credits. Worked so hard on it.
    This is my first ROM. So feel free to leave suggestion, comments, insults, etc... Honesty is appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nexboost, ROM for the Sony Xperia E

Contributors
    doperthancoke, Xmoose, UltraGamerHD, DanielFlorin
    ROM OS Version: 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Xboost

Version Information

Created 2014-08-19
    Last Updated 2015-02-25
    Installed V3 some time ago... dude, this ROM is the stuff of my dreams! It's practically exactly KitKat, and it's fast as ICS. Freaking awesome stuff! Keep it up! Downloading V4 now!
    Thanks very much! Can I include this in my next update? I'll give credits.

Yes
    @doperthancoke

Battery Issue is due to over clock, set Max to 1GHz and you won't get no bug. This is because its not meant to run at 1.5GHz also the battery and software is calibrated differently. Hence the Battery Issue.
    There is this mod about tabbed SystemUI-http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/themes-apps/port-xperia-systemui-23-jb-toggles-t2212272 it its mentioned in the official thread. You might wanna check it out.

About themes you could put in basic color theming like in Stock ROMs.

Thanks. By the way, theming is broken because I changed the pngs in framework-res.apk and SemcGenericUxpRes.apk.

EDIT: Tried the tabbed tiled system UI you linked. Works great. Pulling down is buttery smooth. Now I need to theme it to look like CM11.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone