[ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost Purity - Learned from radioactivity!

What should I change the name of the ROM to?

• Total voters
Search This thread

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
I know I've said this too many times but: Can somebody please help me port the AOSP incoming call screen to this ROM? Thanks in advance. I really hesitate making anymore updates without porting the AOSP call screen first.

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
I know I've said this too many times but: Can somebody please help me port the AOSP incoming call screen to this ROM? Thanks in advance. I really hesitate making anymore updates without porting the AOSP call screen first.

If no one's helping. Why not stick to the original call screen and proceed?
[But yes,aosp call screen would look better] [ no luck with big devs? like serajr?]

Reactions: doperthancoke

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
I already themed the original call screen as much as I could. It's not bad, but not good enough for me.

Here is a tiny suggestion:
Please centre align the settings[ask daniel florin about this,he knows how to do it]
also can you set up ota updates?
I mean,yes there won't be many updates after this but still,why check xda everytime? please[again daniel knows about this]
:)

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Here is a tiny suggestion:
Please centre align the settings[ask daniel florin about this,he knows how to do it]
also can you set up ota updates?
I mean,yes there won't be many updates after this but still,why check xda everytime? please[again daniel knows about this]
:)

About the centre align, I already PM @DanielFlorin, but I got no answers.
OTA Updates, I'll consider.

Reactions: NeoTrix

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
Here are some requests:
1.CrossBreeder as in eXperia Rom
Screenshot_2014-09-05-23-29-57.png
Screenshot_2014-09-05-23-30-04.png

2.Centre-alignment of settings.
3.This if possible
4.Change systemui please.
I switched to this rom after the lag built in JB. And. Wow.
This rom is amazing,only if it had a better ui :)
And I know you're working hard.
KIU

Last edited:

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Here are some requests:
1.CrossBreeder as in eXperia Rom
Screenshot_2014-09-05-23-29-57.png
Screenshot_2014-09-05-23-30-04.png

2.Centre-alignment of settings.
3.This if possible
4.Change systemui please.
I switched to this rom after the lag built in JB. And. Wow.
This rom is amazing,only if it had a better ui :)
And I know you're working hard.
KIU

CrossBreeder is already a part of PurePerformanceX, which I've included since V1. However, I think not all tweaks in CrossBreeders is included in PurePerformance, @Jeeko probably cherry-picked them.
About the SystemUI, I thought the SystemUI in V4 is the one you wanted?

Last edited:

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
CrossBreeder is already a part of PurePerformanceX, which I've included since V1. However, I think not all tweaks in CrossBreeders is included in PurePerformance, @Jeeko probably cherry-picked them.
About the SystemUI, I thought the SystemUI in V4 is the one you wanted?

Crossbreeder as in eXperia rom?
The entropy generator? with i/o tweaks?
That is what I actually wanted,but I don't know why, this doesn't really blend in well.

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Crossbreeder as in eXperia rom?
The entropy generator? with i/o tweaks?
That is what I actually wanted,but I don't know why, this doesn't really blend in well.

Yes. I/O tweaks and entropy generator is also in the ROM since V1.
I'll change the SystemUi.

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nexboost ROM - Unofficial Cyanogenmod alternative

Kernel sources can be found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/development/e-poseidon-ics-kernel-t2686028

CAUTION: GLTOOLS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS ROM, OR ANY ICS BASED ROM FOR THAT MATTER. IT'LL WORK AT FIRST, BUT OVER TIME IT WILL CAUSE APPS TO CRASH, AND MESS UP YOUR CAMERA DRIVER.

CAUTION #2: WHEN YOU FINISH FLASHING, CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY MIGHT SAY SOMETHING LIKE "Rom might attempt to flash stock recovery on reboot. Disable recovery flash?". YOU MUST PICK NO. IF YOU PICK YES, NONE OF THE PUREPERFORMANCE TWEAKS WILL WORK.

To ensure the smoothness of this ROM, Google Play Services is not included.
    However, this means that newer version of Google Apps will not work. Older versions of those apps, still work nonetheless.
    I have uploaded older version of some Google apps I've tested and seems to work best with Nexboost specifically.

Right now on my list:
    Gmail 4.8
    YouTube 4.1.47 HD Mod
    Maps 6.14
    News and Weather 1.3
    Google Play Music 4.3.609.436083
    You can download these in the download section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...5474#downloads

Anyone who have any requests or suggestion for any other Google apps, please post it here.

SCREENSHOT LINK: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#screenshots

Do a full wipe when you flash a newer version of the ROM (wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system). The reason for this is, most of the updates involve messing with system files. So it would be safer to just to a clean wipe before you flash a newer version.

Features:

• CM11 Look - Kitkat themed framework
    • Pre-rooted with latest SuperSU and su binary
    • Updated Busybox installed
    • Debloated Extremely - only 50 apps left /system/app/ - and that's with Gapps included
    • Init.d support
    • 1.5 GHz OC - thanks @UltraGamerHD
      [*]PurePerformance X Golden Edition - thanks @Jeeko Removed for stability!
    • AOSP Message app
    • CM11 Calculator
    • AOSP Browser
    • Apollo Music Player like in CM11
    • AOSP Contacts and Dialer
    • CM9 LatinIME
    • Apex Launcher as default launcher
    • AOSP Lockscreen
    • Custom font
    • AOSP 4.2 Camera and Gallery
    • Nexus 4 themed Clock Widget
    • QuickPic
    • Cyanogenmod File Manager
    • Newest Play Store - v4.9.13
    • Google Play Services NO GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES! BLOCKED INSTALLATION PERMENENTLY!

BUGS:

I honestly don't know how to fix these bugs. I would if I could.

- Battery percentage is weird at times (goes up and down). Battery life is ok, though. There seems to be a problem with the Poseidon Kernel causing this. Hope @UltraGamerHD will fix it sometime in the future.

- A lot of people ask about the stock Xperia Themes. Well, they don't work. I already changed .pngs files in various apks causing the themes to no longer work.

- Some apps force closes at times (Whatsapps, Gmail, Browser,etc..). Clearing the apps data, they'll work again.

Credits:
    Other people who helped: @DanielFlorin - helped me a lot with some of the features in this ROM @iPlasm - HTC HD Mini CM9 dev - I got some of my apks and pngs from his rom
    TamsuiCM and Cyanogenmod team - I took a lot of pngs from CM11 of course @Xmoose - for his rom xboost
    And many other people who helped indirectly.... @Gerr_kpo - Tipo dev for his Performa V5 - took a lot of his pngs in his ROM as well @serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2 - For CM11-like SystemUI
    .... I can't include everyone because I got my resources from so many places. So to all those people I haven't thanked: Thank you very much. You all contributed one way or another.

Download link
    HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#downloads

Size of ROM: 170 MB - The size of a CM9 nightly. Slimmed down Gapps included. So it's basically CM-sized. (In fact, it's even lighter than CM11 Alpha 6.1).

Instructions:
    1. Flash 11.0.A.6.8 firmware (4.0.4 ftf)
    2. Flash Poseidon Kernel
    3. Boot into CWM
    4. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    5. Format system
    6. Flash the ROM, enjoy your Sony Xperia Nexus

NOTE (MUST READ):
    On first boot, before doing anything, adjust the time on your phone to the correct date and time, time zone. Otherwise Play Store won't download.

This rom is very slim. So it might not have some of the stuff you use (Voice Search, Sim Toolkit,etc...). I'll upload a zip of the removed apps later.

Tips:

- Download "Disable Services" from Play Store to well...disable services. Anything you don't use - disable it.

- Use old version of apps. The new version of Facebook for example, takes up 50 MB of space and 80 MB of RAM. Use Facebook 3.4, takes up only 35 MB of RAM and 30 MB of space. Another example is Google Maps. The new version is clunky, laggy. Use the old Google Maps with the Locales app and the ICS-like UI. Much smoother.

- Greenify everything except for apps that you need to run in background.

- Whenever your apps start force closing and media won't scan, go to CWM -> Advanced -> Fix permissions

Changelog

- Initial Release

- Changed the font to Diavlo (with Unicode support)
    - Changed Bold fonts to Jelly Bean Roboto
    - Removed Google Play Services
    - Added CM11-like tabbed SystemUI (Battery percentage included) - thanks to @serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2
    - Changed default wallpaper to Kitkat wallpaper

- Added CPU Stats and CPU Settings in developer options
    - SuperUserMod services.jar

- Removed Sony Phonebook - Replaced with AOSP ICS Dialer
    - Changed the Android Clock font (You'll see the changes in Clock app).
    - Replaced the SystemUI with @Gerr_kpo SystemUI - CM11 Themed
    I replaced it because I've heard complaints about the tabbed ones being to clunky.
    (If you want tabbed, take it from V3. I'll leave the links up).
    - Further debloating (Removed all Sony Contacts related apks - they're no longer neccessary. Also, removed MediaUploader.apk)
    - Removed parts of the Sony Framework
    - Permenently blocked the automatic installation of Google Play Services. From now on, it can't be installed on your phone and slow everything down ever again!
    - Further themed the call screen so it looks more like AOSP
    - Some layout xmls modifications (Just flash new version, you'll see)

- Updated AOSP Browser: Now with Incognito, and Home Page button!
    - Font changed to Bauhaus
    - Clock font changed to HeroLight
    - New tiled SystemUI that looks almost identical to CM11. Thanks to @draco_ag
    (To access SystemUI preferences, pull down notification bar, press the "Menu" hardware key, and tap "SystemUI Preferences")

The ROM is almost no longer based on Xboost. Most of the system files in the base ROM have been replaced with files from @DanielFlorin deodex package

Reloaded:
    The memory problem is partially fixed (I think. Not guaranteeing anything though). Testers are welcomed.
    Also, in this update:
    - 2 choices on first boot: Apex and Nova
    - Viper4Android FX added
    - updated Busybox
    - updated SuperSU and SU binary
    - updated QuickPic
    - updated CM11 calculator
    - Replaced AOSP camera with CyberShot camera (coz the AOSP one kinda sucks)

Purity:
    - Smaller lockscreen clockfont (looks more like CM11)
    - All fonts changed to Bauhaus (including Italic, Bold, etc...)
    - Changed busybox - no more problems with busybox
    - Updated Viper4Android
    - Removed all tweaks. The ROM should be stable now

You can do whatever you want with this rom (use it as a base rom, mirror it, etc...). Just give me proper credits. Worked so hard on it.
    This is my first ROM. So feel free to leave suggestion, comments, insults, etc... Honesty is appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nexboost, ROM for the Sony Xperia E

Contributors
    doperthancoke, Xmoose, UltraGamerHD, DanielFlorin
    ROM OS Version: 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Xboost

Version Information

Created 2014-08-19
    Last Updated 2015-02-25
    Installed V3 some time ago... dude, this ROM is the stuff of my dreams! It's practically exactly KitKat, and it's fast as ICS. Freaking awesome stuff! Keep it up! Downloading V4 now!
    Thanks very much! Can I include this in my next update? I'll give credits.

Yes
    @doperthancoke

Battery Issue is due to over clock, set Max to 1GHz and you won't get no bug. This is because its not meant to run at 1.5GHz also the battery and software is calibrated differently. Hence the Battery Issue.
    There is this mod about tabbed SystemUI-http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/themes-apps/port-xperia-systemui-23-jb-toggles-t2212272 it its mentioned in the official thread. You might wanna check it out.

About themes you could put in basic color theming like in Stock ROMs.

Thanks. By the way, theming is broken because I changed the pngs in framework-res.apk and SemcGenericUxpRes.apk.

EDIT: Tried the tabbed tiled system UI you linked. Works great. Pulling down is buttery smooth. Now I need to theme it to look like CM11.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone