[ROM] E3DLight 1.2.5 CDMA | 2.3.7 | AOSP | Testers required! | June 8th

Search This thread

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
139d532a396a519a64fb7a4cc7cc1daf.png

AOSP Gingerbread ROM for EVO3D GSM and CDMA ;) Lightning fast and super lightweight
Features:
- Android 2.3.7 AOSP
- CyanogenMod 7 Settings, Theme Chooser
- GPU UI Rendering (HW Acceleration)
- Dozen of RAM and Dalvik scripts improving overall perfomance
- Insanely fast boot time
- EXT4 Partitions
- CRT Animation
- EStrongs File Manager
- Sliding Keyboard (by Xboarder56)
- Adfree
- Multilingual
- Kick-ass fast and battery saving
- Working camera & camcorder
- Busybox, latest SU etc.

Known bugs and issues:

Download:

READ: I'm not a magician, I can't make things work just by swiping around my magic wand. ROM development, especially AOSP ROM development on such device as Evo 3D, is really hard and requires lots of sleepless nights of trying and debugging. Respect it, please. When I tell you I'll release a new version in 1 day, it DOES NOT mean that it's 100% accurate. This is nothing but an approximate date of release. I warned you, do not dare to blame me for delays.

E3DLight 1.2.5 CDMA
Download (92MB)
Latest version
E3DLight 1.2.1 CDMA
Download (91MB)
MD5: f46afce587fb5b474f6dfd8bbd3a18d9
Doesn't work
E3DLight 1.2 CDMA
Download (91MB)
MD5: 5B5066B8F044FA1E47405711D1A97EFB
Doesn't work, fatal updater-script error

You can contribute to this ROM in many various ways, check out the post #3 ;) If you do something cool, you will be mentioned there!

I'm forced to enter this text since the stuff above is technically a quote. Anyway, don't pay attention to this. Thank you.

Last edited:

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
contribution

since i'm developing this by myself, i really need some help with this rom. If you appreciate my work, you can contribute in one of these ways:

donation
you can buy me a beer, beer helps me work with rom more effectively ;) any amount would be appreciated, every single cent! To donate, find a "donate" button above my userpic to the left of my message.

current list of donators:
arbelzapf - $5.00 USD
doom666 - $10.00 USD
michaelp23 - $10.00 USD
NYChitman1 - $10.00 USD

development
i got to admit, this rom isn't perfect, at least yet. I would appreciate any help with development.

Currently, these things need to be fixed:
- bluetooth
- camera on 5mp&5mp devices

feel free to contact me via pm if you have any solution.

current list of helping developers (CDMA):
Gumby63

using this rom
the biggest help you can give me is just using this rom ;) if you're using e3dlight as a daily-driver, you're my hero, you're making me feel like i need to develop this rom more ;) also, users are cool because they report bugs and other crap, testing is the essential part of the development!

Last edited:

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
Yea that would be really nice. I really-really hope everything works fine, but I can't be sure. Well, I mean, there's a possibility this ROM wouldn't work for now.

Reactions: aaronagis

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
Now I'm even more curious ill flash it now and report back. Op has me confused this is cdma version right? Just noticed u have gsm so wasn't sure.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Last edited:

pickaxeus

Jan 6, 2011
Minneapolis
Hi- never got past the splash screen. My recovery seems to have disappeared as well. I'll have to sort that out. Would be happy to try when it gets fixed up.

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
I've had issues trying to flash cm7 on ext4 optimized system. But I'll give it a shot . If you can't get it to boot, try using non-ext4

Edit: I see it's been optimized for ext4 already, so.....never mind

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
Someone should pull a recovery log after flashing to make sure its flashing correctly. I'm not home or else I would I'm just trying to offer up suggestions.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

alammori

Feb 8, 2008
Nashville
Hey Adiost I think I know why people are getting hung up on the splash screen. In the updater-script you have the mount point for system as mmcblk0p22. It should be mmcblk0p23 :)

Good catch. I will manually correct it before flashing and see if it is booting once finished downloading.
Does this require a gaap?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    139d532a396a519a64fb7a4cc7cc1daf.png

AOSP Gingerbread ROM for EVO3D GSM and CDMA ;) Lightning fast and super lightweight
    Features:
    - Android 2.3.7 AOSP
    - CyanogenMod 7 Settings, Theme Chooser
    - GPU UI Rendering (HW Acceleration)
    - Dozen of RAM and Dalvik scripts improving overall perfomance
    - Insanely fast boot time
    - EXT4 Partitions
    - CRT Animation
    - EStrongs File Manager
    - Sliding Keyboard (by Xboarder56)
    - Adfree
    - Multilingual
    - Kick-ass fast and battery saving
    - Working camera & camcorder
    - Busybox, latest SU etc.

Known bugs and issues:

Download:

READ: I'm not a magician, I can't make things work just by swiping around my magic wand. ROM development, especially AOSP ROM development on such device as Evo 3D, is really hard and requires lots of sleepless nights of trying and debugging. Respect it, please. When I tell you I'll release a new version in 1 day, it DOES NOT mean that it's 100% accurate. This is nothing but an approximate date of release. I warned you, do not dare to blame me for delays.

E3DLight 1.2.5 CDMA
    Download (92MB)
    Latest version
    E3DLight 1.2.1 CDMA
    Download (91MB)
    MD5: f46afce587fb5b474f6dfd8bbd3a18d9
    Doesn't work
    E3DLight 1.2 CDMA
    Download (91MB)
    MD5: 5B5066B8F044FA1E47405711D1A97EFB
    Doesn't work, fatal updater-script error

You can contribute to this ROM in many various ways, check out the post #3 ;) If you do something cool, you will be mentioned there!

I'm forced to enter this text since the stuff above is technically a quote. Anyway, don't pay attention to this. Thank you.
    contribution

since i'm developing this by myself, i really need some help with this rom. If you appreciate my work, you can contribute in one of these ways:

donation
    you can buy me a beer, beer helps me work with rom more effectively ;) any amount would be appreciated, every single cent! To donate, find a "donate" button above my userpic to the left of my message.

current list of donators:
    arbelzapf - $5.00 USD
    doom666 - $10.00 USD
    michaelp23 - $10.00 USD
    NYChitman1 - $10.00 USD

development
    i got to admit, this rom isn't perfect, at least yet. I would appreciate any help with development.

Currently, these things need to be fixed:
    - bluetooth
    - camera on 5mp&5mp devices

feel free to contact me via pm if you have any solution.

current list of helping developers (CDMA):
    Gumby63

using this rom
    the biggest help you can give me is just using this rom ;) if you're using e3dlight as a daily-driver, you're my hero, you're making me feel like i need to develop this rom more ;) also, users are cool because they report bugs and other crap, testing is the essential part of the development!
    Thanks for donations, thanks for SUCH AWESOME greeting (when I released GSM version only kinda 3.5 people gave a crap and that's it, but you guys, CDMA users, spent 6 forum pages discussing the ROM that doesn't work yet).

But that's what really matters: can anybody post here a logcat?
    Hint: flash the ROM, connect your phone to PC, get ready with cmd in folder containing adb.exe, turn the phone on, type in cmd: adb logcat > e3dlight.txt, wait, i dunno, 5 minutes, turn the phone off, and upload this txt file somewhere :)

I desperately need to make CDMA version work, I'm preparing something extraordinary for both GSM and CDMA and it requires a working AOSP base :)
    E3DLight Changelog

E3DLight 1.2.5
    - ported over again
    - added CDMA stuff I forgot to put in prev. versions​

E3DLight 1.2.1
    - updater-script fixed​

E3DLight 1.2
    - CDMA version initial release; GSM skipped​
    Can anyone walk me through how to install recovery via fastboot?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

take your recovery image (name it recovery.img) and put it in your folder that contains fastboot.exe. Default with the sdk is ....\android-sdk\tools\fastboot.exe. Once you have them both in the same folder:

go into fastboot usb and type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", then "fastboot boot recovery.img" and do what you want in recovery.

EDIT: suck it nopants hoodrat...
    EDIT: ^ dburg real name ^