[ROM][EAS][BETA][8.0.0] ★ Official ★ Pure Fusion OS ★ Oreo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I've been reading the changelog. I am now wondering, what sdclang is

After a little bit of digging this is what i've found:

SDclang --> SnapDragon (processor) clang ("a compiler front end for the programming languages C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, OpenMP, OpenCL, and CUDA")

So it's just the type of toolchain from Qualcomm used to compile some/all of the ROM, optimized for the Snapdragon Processor (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

Last edited:

i_think_i_am_wrong

Nov 1, 2017
After a little bit of digging this is what i've found:

SDclang --> SnapDragon (processor) clang ("a compiler front end for the programming languages C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, OpenMP, OpenCL, and CUDA")

So it's just the type of toolchain from Qualcomm used to compile some/all of the ROM with, optimized for the Snapdragon Processor (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)
Oh, thx. I thought it might have smth to do with SD card. Cuz I don't need no problems with mine. I thought the bug had been fixed. Will be waiting for the fix then)) :D

atu567

Nov 29, 2013
Just curious, is anybody else having problems with SIM card recognition? Any build post 1107_122400 causes my HTC 10 to not recognize my sim cards. For now I've had to stick to 122400 build

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Thanks for your suggestion. I ve already tried Button Mapper. It's a great app but I feel a little bit slow. I mean when you press a button, it delays for like a sec to realize what button is set at this time. So I stop using it.

Additionally, I just wonder what's next till the next update. We already had these features on 7.1.2 so why not on this ROM.

Sorry for my bad English.

If you assign a double tap action, there will be a delay. This is to wait for the second tap before executing the action.

You can remove this delay in the Advanced options, but the single press option will always occur on the first tap.

Your other option is to not assign a double tap action (i.e. just use single tap and long press)

Nemeroz

May 2, 2015
Piliyandala
Google Pixel 6a
Just curious, is anybody else having problems with SIM card recognition? Any build post 1107_122400 causes my HTC 10 to not recognize my sim cards. For now I've had to stick to 122400 build

Mine Working fine. Country - Sri Lanka. Provider - Dialog Axiata

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171108-082203.png
    Screenshot_20171108-082203.png
    111 KB · Views: 377

Nidhoegger

Jul 29, 2010
Hi! First of all: Thank you for the great rom! Started using it today and so far most of the stuff seems great!

One issue, that is really bugging me: I have the JBL Everest 700 Bluetooth Headphones (dunno if the model is of any relevance) and the bluetooth is choppy. I noticed that it gets choppier the more the device has to do (with display off, 90% of the time audio is flawless, but e.g. when scrolling the launcher it hangs). Also if it does something else with BT (e.g. searching for devices) it gets REALLY choppy.

Is this a known issue or is there any workaround?

Thanks again for your work!

Reactions: mohammadso_r

mohammadso_r

Apr 16, 2017
Mashhad
Hi! First of all: Thank you for the great rom! Started using it today and so far most of the stuff seems great!

One issue, that is really bugging me: I have the JBL Everest 700 Bluetooth Headphones (dunno if the model is of any relevance) and the bluetooth is choppy. I noticed that it gets choppier the more the device has to do (with display off, 90% of the time audio is flawless, but e.g. when scrolling the launcher it hangs). Also if it does something else with BT (e.g. searching for devices) it gets REALLY choppy.

I confirm this prob , I have the same issue with my headphone/speaker .

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Yes and no, I never use nfc so it's always off, but the wifi on the other hand is always on.
I dont know much about this stuff but i like to make things work for a daily use !
Should i maybe flash another kernel, if so what would you suggest is the best one ?

u need to changed wifi on during sleep to : never or only when plugged in.

Reactions: Rifter70

prstorero

Sep 12, 2011
Dallas

I confirm this prob , I have the same issue with my headphone/speaker .

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

u need to changed wifi on during sleep to : never or only when plugged in.

Try the latest Dev build. I flashed it last night and the choppy Bluetooth while screen on has been gone for me.

midtowntr

Feb 18, 2010
Ankara
Since 06.11.2017 build, I'm getting FC on Google Camera while app processing Lens Blur photo after taken. 03.11.2017 Build is OK...

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I finally had to use the alarm this morning.. It was weird the app never showed up its self, but the alarm did go off.. I just couldn't figure out how to turn the damn thing off... So by the time I rebooted my phone I was fully awake... No snooze for me :(

3rd party Clock app installed (Google's from app store) and that got the alarm working. Stock clock app unreliable.

I've found you have to toggle airplane mode occasional to get WiFi to work again. Occasionally toggling it will not get it to see and connect to a network.

Battery life is not bad. I went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 8am and in 6 hours I only dropped 8% (92%-->84%). It sleeps rather well. Had all sync things running and had it on LTE (Wifi off).

Haven't tested bluetooth I don't feel like messing up the pairings I have to my HTC on my Nougat ROM (MutliROM back when I need bluetooth).

main screen key vibrating does not disturb anyone?

Has been covered a 1,000 times. Play Store download EX Kernel Manager. You can disable the hardware vibration for home key.

D

Deleted member 8094713

Hi. Is launcher usage supposed to be this high?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171108-182113.png
    Screenshot_20171108-182113.png
    246 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AIFjXv2.png

Code:
    ****Disclaimer: We are not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk.****

Intro:
    Pure Fusion is an AOSP based ROM which aims to bring stability and features to your device, while keeping Google's vision in mind.

Pure Fusion is highly optimized, utilizing some of the latest code compiling technologies. We take pride in spending time learning about and testing all the different options for compilers and optimizations. We pick and choose the most optimized and stable toolchains, then optimize them further.

We encourage developers and device maintainers to join our project and contribute or port their devices to this ROM.
    Features:
    General
    *Based on AOSP
    *Busybox, and Init.d support
    *Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
    *Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
    *Pixel colors
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Developer settings by default
    *Enabled Night mode for all devices
    *Custom night light brightness options
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled tether provision checks
    *Download speed in notification
    *Advanced reboot menu
    *Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
    *Back volume adjust sounds and toggle
    *Advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
    *Ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
    *Advanced charging sound controls
    *Advanced seekbar style animation controls
    *Quick setting header Longpress actions
    *Ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *App package name to app info screen
    *Ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
    *Phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
    *Dynamic vendor image notification
    *Additional battery saver trigger steps
    *Ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    *Increasing ringtone option

Lock Screen
    *Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
    *Double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Long press power for torch
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Option to scramble the pin entry layout
    *Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
    *Option to disable fingerprint success vibration

Notification Drawer
    *Quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *Smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *Advanced quick settings easy toggle
    *Brightness slider on/off toggle
    *Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
    *Ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
    *Ability to disable the quick settings title text
    *Ability to change number of quick settings columns
    *Ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
    *Ability to set contexual or custom header images

Recent apps
    *Immersive recents
    *Kill all fab
    *Kill all fab location

Statusbar
    *Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
    *Sync battery icon with quick settings tile
    *Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
    *Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
    *Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
    *Statusbar icon blacklist
    *Double tap on statusbar to sleep
    *Status bar brightness control
    *Status bar notification count
    *Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle

Navigation Bar
    *Navbar toggle and Height/width options
    *Navigation bar tuner
    *Pixel navbar animation toggle
    *Ability to enable one handed mode
    *Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
    *Longpress back to kill
    *Configurable longpress back to kill timeout

Hardware keys
    *Custom key binding
    *Backlight control
    *Backlight brightness
    *Backlight on only when buttons pressed
    *Pocket Judge (disable screen and keys while light sensor blocked)
    *Accidental touch protection (disable keys while touching screen)

PowerMenu
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)

Volume Rocker
    *Volume keys control media volume
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key orientation swap
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
    *Volume down to enter do not disturb
    *Volume up to exit do not disturb
    *Do not disturb volume panel switch
    *Volume steps customization

Display
    *Expanded desktop options
    *Option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
    *Battery and Notification LED controls

Media & Notifications
    *Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    *Power notification controls
    *Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
    *Low battery notification toggle

Miscellaneous
    *Ability to enable app icon on toast
    *Force enable or disable scrolling cache
    *Incall vibration options
    *Much, much more!

Device Specific (HTC 10)
    *Call recording
    *Full Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) w/ VoxPopuli PowerHAL
    *WireGuard VPN Support
    Downloads/Changelog/Links:

Pure Fusion:

ROM Downloads
    Our Gerrit
    Install Stats
    Wiki
    Device/Kernel Sources

Tools/Custom Settings:

Kernel Adiutor Custom Controls

GApps:

OpenGapps

Tips:
    You installed the full gapps, but you want to use Snap Camera instead of Google Camera? Flash this zip (Google camera will be removed): Android File Host

Bugs:

• Built-in camera video not working(for now just use other camera app)
    • When plugged into AC charger it does not say charging for more than a couple seconds (it is still charging)
    • Perfd won't start

Workarounds:

• Audio Recording: This is a gapps issue. Flash a different gapps or disable Google hot word ("Ok Google") detection.

Credits & Thanks:

Our awesome testers!
    LineageOS
    Dirty Unicorn
    AospExtended
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    BenzoRoms/mydongistiny - for our Fusion Reactor base
    @RenderBroken - for EAS Commits and Help
    @joshuous for Vox Populi EAS PowerHAL
    @BeansTown106
    @jhenrique09
    @fagyi - Couldn't have done it without this guy. He's been a major help with O bringup for HTC 10
    @Mahdi786 - Got a bunch of stuff working we were stuck on
    @thewalkingdude - Website
    @Roger.T -Bootanimation

FAQ:

So you want to enter the competitive world of professional ROM flashing? If so, you need to take your phone flashing to a new level. How can you position yourself and your expertise so you are the dev's obvious choice? Be honest. Do you enjoy troubleshooting? Do you have a problem with things going wrong? If so, then you might be better off staying on your current OS.

If you are still reading this and are sitting in your chair thinking: “I could do that, if I tried”, then maybe you have a chance.

If you can't read, watch this video: https://youtu.be/JmvCpR45LKA

Q: I flashed an update and lost TWRP
    A: If you have access to a computer, go to 1. No computer and s-off go to 2. No computer and s-on go to 3.
    1. You need to re-flash the TWRP file via fastboot.
    2. Go to this thread: https://xdaforums.com/htc-10/how-to/2016-05-27-fastboot-flashing-firmware-t3387520
      • Read the instructions before flashing anything. Make sure you choose the right file.
    3. Refer to this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72875043&postcount=2059

Q: How can I prevent the loss of TWRP when updating?
    A: You need to flash root to prevent TWRP from being overwritten.
    Note that this is only true for older builds as of July 2017. The problem with TWRP has been resolved as of the first official release of July 2017.

Q: I’m coming from Viper or some other stock-based ROM. What do I need to do?
    A:
    1. If you’re encrypted, you need to format (different than wipe. You have to type “yes” in TWRP) your internal storage.
      • This will wipe everything from your internal storage including TWRP folder with backups, titanium backup, etc. If you have anything you want to keep, move it to external storage or back it up to the computer before proceeding.
    2. If you’re not encrypted, just do a normal wipe (system, cache, dalvik, data) and flash the ROM, gapps, and either SuperSU or Magisk for root.

Q: I want to use this ROM, but I don’t want root. Is that possible?
    A: You’re in luck. This ROM does not come pre-rooted. So you can use this with no root if you desire. Although, I’m not sure why you would want to do that, but you can.

Q: My phone reboots randomly
    A: Use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops (command: adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops) after the reboot and post that. Try to include what you were doing when experiencing the reboot. Also refer to the next question before filing any reports.

Q: I’m having weird crashes/reboots
    A: Do you have other third party software installed such as a different kernel, Magisk, sound mods, etc.? Remove all of these before submitting a bug report. Reports made with unsupported software like what is listed above will not be addressed.

Q: Will this ROM receive frequent Security Updates?
    A: Yes

Q: Does this ROM pass SafetyNet?
    A: It should if you don’t flash root when installing the ROM, since it doesn’t come loaded with root out of the box. If you want root, Magisk will allow you to pass SafetyNet.

Q: Does OTA work?
    A: Yes

Q: Do I need to do a clean install?
    A: If you’re coming from another ROM, yes. If you’re already running ours, a dirty flash should be fine unless otherwise specified. If you have problems, try a clean flash before reporting issues. Refer to an above question if you are coming from a stock-based ROM or are possibly encrypted.

Q: Will you add stuff to the ROM?
    A: *insert perhaps cow meme here*

Q: Is this a Sense based ROM?
    A: No

Q: Does the camera work?
    A: See the OP for current stuff not working

Q: Will Stock camera work on this ROM?
    A: No

Screenshots:

Screenshot_20171024-185134.png

Screenshot_20171024-185128.png

Screenshot_20171024-185252.png

Screenshot_20171024-185219.png

Screenshot_20171024-185213.png

Screenshot_20171024-185158.png

Screenshot_20171024-185144.png

Don't submit bug reports without a log!

Our Team/Donate:
    @Eliminater74: - Lead developer and HTC 10 Maintainer - Donate on PayPal
    @tabp0le: - Lead developer and HTC 10 Maintainer - Donate on PayPal
    @siankatabg: - Retired Developer
    @INT3NSE07: - Developer & OP3 Maintainer
    @prstorero: - Developer
    @INDIAN-MAfIA: - His $0.02

Telegram: PureFusionOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pure Fusion OS Oreo, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    tabp0le, Eliminater74, prstorero
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureFusionOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP/PureNexus

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-28

Created 2017-10-25
    Last Updated 2018-01-09
    I know we said that 8.1 should be released sometime in Feb, it doesnt look like that will happen....... As we do have 98% of the core finished for 8.1, we dont have soong does which is my job, sorry, I will get on that..
    and frameworks need to be done.... our frameworks guy is OP3/OP3T maintainer as well.. and hes from India, and in school... he will be getting his break soon and will knock that out ASAP........

I know we could just do frameworks our self, but the Oreo Frameworks was his baby, meaning he did them.. and we like how he did it.. so its only fair and cool to allow him to do the 8.1 as well......
    Just as when it comes to GCC and Clang and optimizations, that is my area.. The speed and smoothness comes from the correct optimizations that I have spent days and months trying to get perfect..

anyhow, We are still going.. Just taking as I said before, a much needed break... Tell you the truth, I think I am waiting for HTC to drop the kernel source so I can get on with the best kernel up to date...
    that alone will fix many and I mean many issues that alot are having with Oreo on PF......................
    I am going to see about posting up a list of KNOWN PROBLEMS: so peepz can check on that list and we can check it off as we go..

being a Beta Release and most likely will be for a very long time.. prob by end of year. Our plan is to have fully functional with our PF Custom Settings and all By Jan 1st, 2018...

We were talking about security updates on N up to Jan, 2018.. then stop.. but it looks like many devices will have issues with O, so we might end up keeping N going much longer as well..

We appreciate everyone's feedback on the ROM, @tabp0le is working hard to fix issues as fast as they pop out....... I personally started work on Optimizations..........
    Ran into a small snag, but working on it.

But Development on this ROM is none STOP.. So hang in there...............
    I just wanted to let everyone know, that @tabp0le and I are both working on Android Oreo 8.1, as well as other team members.....

Sometimes people need breaks, Oreo is a major headache.. We are doing our best to fix problems as we can.. With the Release of STOCK O, we can now
    at least clean up some blobs and use the ones from the Stock O, when the kernel source is released, a new Oreo Kernel will be released as well........

I know many have jumped ship, after the release of the STOCK O, I guess I can't blame you...... But I assure you, We will fix the problems and push our way back to the top.
    Neither one of us has stopped or quit working on this. and We won't.... Just real life must come first..

I did release a new Nebula Kernel, 12.2 which 12.1 was supposed to be my final before Oreo source came out.. But do to needing updates, 12.2 has made its way here.
    Major update of Nebula 12.2 is kernel.org 3.18.91 and Caf at 6500, and major personal update to, binder sections....
    Device is more responsive now. and quicker........

Thank you all for your understanding..

and big thanks to all that still support us...................
    PureFusionOS 8.1 Will be started again, We deleted all our 8.1 Repos, (They were a mess) We will take our time and go slower and get it done right......

On another note, I am starting on a new 8.0/8.1 kernel from scratch...........

I will create a skeleton edition, with just the needed HTC changes to make it boot and work....

Then after that. I will create my Nebula Generation 2 Kernel.....

Take a look for your self, I have a long way to go.. But at least you know I started it.. This is a true Oreo Kernel.....
    https://github.com/DevHTC10/New_CAF_PME_MSM8996_Kernel/commits/merge2-20180425

I am using t he HTC Official Oreo source to rebase the needed changes to make a Pure Caf Kernel boot on our devices..