[ROM] Echoe ROM v49 - TW - LOLLIPOP - CUSTOMIZED - DEBLOATED - DEODEXED - FAST!!!

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
ECHOE-2-150x150.png
gogolie/gigilie proudly presents:
ECHOE "POP" ROM V49 LOLLIPOP TOUCHWIZ 5.01 PORTED FROM I9505
Shoutout to @friedrich420 and the Echoe Team thanks for allowing me to bring your ROMs to VZW and any US S4.
Notes about release: This is the 1st public release of the port some bugs may exist but none have been found. To install any of my new ROMs you'll need my upgrade packages available in individual tars or a collective .rar that you unpack before flashing in Odin they're found here. Along with my usual WiFi fix for VZW and other helpful Lollipop files. Instructions for this release are very specific and I expect no deviation. Failure to follow instructions and pending disaster and questions on how to recover or install will be disregarded and ignored. This ROM uses an Aroma Installer and isn't compatible with any version of FlashFire. TWRP, CWM or Safestrap should install this just fine.

Some Noteworthy Features:

AROMA INSTALLER WITH THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
MODS1 (Systemui)
a. SYSTEMUI1= CC, LEFTICONS, 6T, NETMETER, 3MIN, POTGRAD, S6 STYLE WEATHER, AOSP Look: Black Background, White Toggles
b. SYSTEMUI2= CC, RIGHT ICONS, 3MINIT, POTGRAD, 6T, NOSFINDERQCONNECT
c. SYSTEMUI3= CC, RIGHT ICONS, 3MINIT, NETMETER, 6T, NOSFINDERQCONNECT
d. Stock SystemUI

MODS2 (TW Launchers)

a. 4X5 Grid TW Launcher
b. 5X5 Grid, 6 Hotseat TW Launcher
c. Stock TW Launcher

MODS 3 (CALLER SCREEN)

a. Stock Caller Screen/Id
b. Full Caller Screen/Id

MODS 4 (AccuWeathers)

a. Stock S4 Accuweather
b. Ported S5 Accuweather
c. Ported S6 Accuweather

DEBLOAT

** There is a choice of 13 system apps to remove from the rom
(Note: Almost all downloadable gapps are removed from the rom by default
so that's why you won't see options for them)
(Note2: Tick the apps you wont removed/deleted)***

ROM DEFAULT FEATURES:
- Enabled Ultra Power Saving Mode
(Long Press the Power Saving Toggle to access it)
- 5 WAY EXTENDED POWER MENU
- TORCHLIGHT and SCREENSHOT IN POWER MENU
- CALL RECORDING
- ENABLED S6 AIR MESSAGING
- ALL APPS MULTIWINDOW and MULTI-INSTANCE
- UP TO 12 APPS IN TOOLBOX
(Use this Guide to easily enable toolbox in v48: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=379)
- Fully Modded SecMMS app
* No SMS to MMS Conversion
* No SMS to MMS Conversion for emojis
* Save/ Restore SMS/MMS messages to SD Card
* Original Time Stamp
* Enable toggle for on/off display (its in sms/settings)
* Enabled folder view
- Additional TorchLight that you can turn on/off with volume buttons
(Accessible via Settings/Display)
- Enabled the following additional lockscreen effects:
. Popping Colors, Brilliant Cut, Brilliant Ring
- Enabled Grey Scale in Power Savings
- No Increasing Ringtone
- Added Note 4 Easy Side Key
- Revamped Echoe Customization and Tools Portal
- Enabled Quadview in Mutiwindows
- Fixed ext sd card read and writing block
- Fixed Screen Mirroring
- All the cool feature.xml mods
- Mildly Debloated (i.e. most downloadable gapps are removed)

Installation Instructions:

Assuming your starting from NC2-NC5-NG6-NK1 with Safestrap or TWRP as your usual custom ROM flashing recovery. Open .zip from Install option. Flash the ROM. When ROM install is complete reboot to Download mode connect phone to PC and flash my CustomROM_Upgrade_Lollipop_VZW_wNK4-NoSys-gogolie.tar in Odin on your PC. Your upgrade/install is now complete. Odin will restart your phone and you'll be presented with a Safestrap option if using SS clear the option 3-4x before the ROM will boot. Feel free to remove or uninstall Safestrap once ROM is loaded. Note - the initial load takes nearly 20mins! So... patience.

If wishing to install from an already rooted OC1 phone or similar 5.01 S4 you'll need to flash the tar (unless using another S4 variant or MDK that has TWRP or Custom Recovery options then you'd follow the 1st procedure and ignore the Odin flashing portion and just flash your favorite Custom Kernel recommended is AEL or KT) but only after installing Safestrap 3.75 and busybox. Personally, I'd install Safestrap on the Phone then press restart to recovery while holding Vol Down this will bring up the Download Mode Screen. Now flash the Downgrade. The phone continues into Safestrap where you'll flash the ROM. Then Restart again to Download Mode and flash the Re-Upgrade and now your finished.

ROM Download: VZW - V49 pr1

Enjoy!

Feel free to thank or donate in order to continue ROM development for the phone

Many thank you's to @friedrich420 he does a fantastic job developing these!

Last edited by a moderator:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
So if I have unlocked boot loader (MDK) just install ROM and flash kernel?

yes you may need to flash 5.0 modem too however I haven't been able to test this with MDK yet. let me know how it goes?

I may have forgot to mention but it should flash stock kernel 5.0 if you choose the VZW option from aroma installer. you can try that or flash custom kernel. you could also choose the Other S4 option and it will avoid installing VZW stock apps that aren't really necessary for MDK anyway

sauravdn

Dec 24, 2014
yes you may need to flash 5.0 modem too however I haven't been able to test this with MDK yet. let me know how it goes?

I may have forgot to mention but it should flash stock kernel 5.0 if you choose the VZW option from aroma installer. you can try that or flash custom kernel. you could also choose the Other S4 option and it will avoid installing VZW stock apps that aren't really necessary for MDK anyway

Where can I download the 5.0 modem?

Reactions: Bullhead00

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
2 questions a year ago I gave away this phone to someone. It has been running 4.4.2 rom.

#1 does it have Polish language?
#2 if I were to factory reset etc.. flash this rom, is flashing the .tar in odin really needed to install this rom? can't I just simply flash it ?

If I was to install it:

#1 flash in twrp (safestrap)
#2 go into download mode and flash using odin the .tar file
#3 do factory reset,wipe cache etc..

does that sound right?

hitaxas

Apr 22, 2012
Since this is essentially a completely custom ROM and not a variant of the stock OC1, is XPosed safe to use on this or will it bootloop?

aleggsue

Jan 20, 2014
Chesapake
After following the instructions to a T, I am stuck on a black screen after boot. I have a status bar, and the power menu works but I don't have anything else. Any reason as to why this is happening?

aznjosh

Apr 16, 2010
Which slot do we use in Odin to flash the upgrade/downgrade files?

Alright so I tried it on 5.0.1 and it won't work because I can't install safestrap. I tried using Safestrap 3.75 from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473398834 but it doesn't seem to install after I open up the app and click install recovery, basically the Safe System stays as Not installed and the reboot to recovery option stays greyed out. I tried going to download mode and flashed the downgrade in the AP slot but it just soft bricks at the Galaxy S4 black screen.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Seemed to have figured it out. Followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-verizon/general/safestrap-t3097741 and installed that safestrap version and selected the enable su at boot in supersu. I skipped the part about flashing the nk1 kernel. Then I rebooted to download mode, flashed the downgrade file posted by gogolie above, booted into safestrap, flashed the rom, booted back into download mode, flashed the reupgrade file, then rom booted up after bypassing the safestrap screen by clicking continue 3x. Rom took 15-20 minutes to load but it's fine so far. Using tethering and getting the rom set up now.

Last edited:

Chadwick108

Dec 6, 2010
brevard nc
i could also test on mdk bootloader

5.0 modem link would be helpful to me as well......
I am curious to test on MDK as well but wanted to get working on my secondary device first which is on NC2 bootloader and currently use MDK device on Safestrap RLS21 as it works the best with my galaxy gear. I have in the past used echo and loved it as well as it also worked well with galaxy gear which is why I really would like to try this out on one of my devices.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
2 questions a year ago I gave away this phone to someone. It has been running 4.4.2 rom.

#1 does it have Polish language?
#2 if I were to factory reset etc.. flash this rom, is flashing the .tar in odin really needed to install this rom? can't I just simply flash it ?

If I was to install it:

#1 flash in twrp (safestrap)
#2 go into download mode and flash using odin the .tar file
#3 do factory reset,wipe cache etc..

does that sound right?
yes in a nutshell if your safestrap. however I didn't have to do any wipes and brought with my data from 4.4.2 a few times using this method and this ROM. If you run into any FCs well then yeah FReset and Wipe a few times ;)
but theres a big difference in TWRP and Safestrap bro if you have TWRP that'd mean your on MDK bootloaders and you'd be fine with just flashing ROM and installing 5.0 custom firmware. the odin image would be something you wouldnt ever flash if your an MDK user. Most MDK users know to avoid bootloaders / non-hlos files as they'll lose their MDK bootloaders. But if your Safestrap then yes you flash the ODin image. in either Odin or Flashfire. I recommend Odin or you might lose warranty or get the goofy broken lock startup screen. And no this is a US release. However if you know what your doing at all with android MODs making your own custom MOD to add any language would be easy. Take a flashable /system .zip remove contents and add in /sipdb/LanguageOfChoice and /VODB/LanguageOfChoice files then flash. You'd be pulling those language files from an International ROM as Verizon doesnt come with Polish language as an option.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Since this is essentially a completely custom ROM and not a variant of the stock OC1, is XPosed safe to use on this or will it bootloop?

havent had a chance to try it yet last i heard rovo had problems with all sammy stock roms this is based off a stock ROM regardless if its OC1 or not. but maybe he got past those issues with the alpha4? I duno u tell me :p I'll try in a bit been too busy monkin with these layers they made themeing too easy in lolli

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I am curious to test on MDK as well but wanted to get working on my secondary device first which is on NC2 bootloader and currently use MDK device on Safestrap RLS21 as it works the best with my galaxy gear. I have in the past used echo and loved it as well as it also worked well with galaxy gear which is why I really would like to try this out on one of my devices.

Chad the easiest way I can tell you on howto get the Modem is download my WiFi Fix and open up the .zip on a PC delete the nhlos file and flash :) I'm sure one exists somewhere maybe muniz or someone popped one online? I'm fairly confident your gear will react well to echoe. but you cannot be on NC2 as much as I love the bootloader myself... You'll need to flash the Odin package on your non-MDK phone. No worries this is not the full OTA and you can fully downgrade every single file back to NC2 when your done! :) No worries bro I methodically tested this before releasing the method. I also created a thread in General section detailing the process a bit more

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Which slot do we use in Odin to flash the upgrade/downgrade files?

Alright so I tried it on 5.0.1 and it won't work because I can't install safestrap. I tried using Safestrap 3.75 from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473398834 but it doesn't seem to install after I open up the app and click install recovery, basically the Safe System stays as Not installed and the reboot to recovery option stays greyed out. I tried going to download mode and flashed the downgrade in the AP slot but it just soft bricks at the Galaxy S4 black screen.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Seemed to have figured it out. Followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-verizon/general/safestrap-t3097741 and installed that safestrap version and selected the enable su at boot in supersu. I skipped the part about flashing the nk1 kernel. Then I rebooted to download mode, flashed the downgrade file posted by gogolie above, booted into safestrap, flashed the rom, booted back into download mode, flashed the reupgrade file, then rom booted up after bypassing the safestrap screen by clicking continue 3x. Rom took 15-20 minutes to load but it's fine so far. Using tethering and getting the rom set up now.

GOOD WORK MAN :) glad to hear a success story. If safestrap wouldn't install it was possibly missing busybox. I tested installing on 5.0 and it works fine altho you cannot reboot into it successfully unless you flash my downgrade file as mentioned.

Reactions: Chadwick108

hitaxas

Apr 22, 2012
Was able to successfully get the rom installed and setup. However I cannot send texts. I can receive text, can call and use mobile data though. If you need I can upload a logcat or something later.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
yes in a nutshell if your safestrap. however I didn't have to do any wipes and brought with my data from 4.4.2 a few times using this method and this ROM. If you run into any FCs well then yeah FReset and Wipe a few times ;)
but theres a big difference in TWRP and Safestrap bro if you have TWRP that'd mean your on MDK bootloaders and you'd be fine with just flashing ROM and installing 5.0 custom firmware. the odin image would be something you wouldnt ever flash if your an MDK user. Most MDK users know to avoid bootloaders / non-hlos files as they'll lose their MDK bootloaders. But if your Safestrap then yes you flash the ODin image. in either Odin or Flashfire. I recommend Odin or you might lose warranty or get the goofy broken lock startup screen. And no this is a US release. However if you know what your doing at all with android MODs making your own custom MOD to add any language would be easy. Take a flashable /system .zip remove contents and add in /sipdb/LanguageOfChoice and /VODB/LanguageOfChoice files then flash. You'd be pulling those language files from an International ROM as Verizon doesnt come with Polish language as an option.

He lives in Europe and I will be visiting him in like 2 months that's why I want to prepare my self :D and I think there is TWRP with safestra 3.75 I think?
So first I flash the rom or the odin image? thanks and sorry for bothering you

hitaxas

Apr 22, 2012
I'm confused. You have viper4android pre-installed but it can't work. =( I got excited when I saw that.

It works fine for me as far as the phone's internal speaker goes. I haven't had a chance to test headset or Bluetooth just yet.

Is anybody else having the text sending issue? =/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ECHOE-2-150x150.png
    gogolie/gigilie proudly presents:
    ECHOE "POP" ROM V49 LOLLIPOP TOUCHWIZ 5.01 PORTED FROM I9505
    Shoutout to @friedrich420 and the Echoe Team thanks for allowing me to bring your ROMs to VZW and any US S4.
    Notes about release: This is the 1st public release of the port some bugs may exist but none have been found. To install any of my new ROMs you'll need my upgrade packages available in individual tars or a collective .rar that you unpack before flashing in Odin they're found here. Along with my usual WiFi fix for VZW and other helpful Lollipop files. Instructions for this release are very specific and I expect no deviation. Failure to follow instructions and pending disaster and questions on how to recover or install will be disregarded and ignored. This ROM uses an Aroma Installer and isn't compatible with any version of FlashFire. TWRP, CWM or Safestrap should install this just fine.

Some Noteworthy Features:

AROMA INSTALLER WITH THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
    MODS1 (Systemui)
    a. SYSTEMUI1= CC, LEFTICONS, 6T, NETMETER, 3MIN, POTGRAD, S6 STYLE WEATHER, AOSP Look: Black Background, White Toggles
    b. SYSTEMUI2= CC, RIGHT ICONS, 3MINIT, POTGRAD, 6T, NOSFINDERQCONNECT
    c. SYSTEMUI3= CC, RIGHT ICONS, 3MINIT, NETMETER, 6T, NOSFINDERQCONNECT
    d. Stock SystemUI

MODS2 (TW Launchers)

a. 4X5 Grid TW Launcher
    b. 5X5 Grid, 6 Hotseat TW Launcher
    c. Stock TW Launcher

MODS 3 (CALLER SCREEN)

a. Stock Caller Screen/Id
    b. Full Caller Screen/Id

MODS 4 (AccuWeathers)

a. Stock S4 Accuweather
    b. Ported S5 Accuweather
    c. Ported S6 Accuweather

DEBLOAT

** There is a choice of 13 system apps to remove from the rom
    (Note: Almost all downloadable gapps are removed from the rom by default
    so that's why you won't see options for them)
    (Note2: Tick the apps you wont removed/deleted)***

ROM DEFAULT FEATURES:
    - Enabled Ultra Power Saving Mode
    (Long Press the Power Saving Toggle to access it)
    - 5 WAY EXTENDED POWER MENU
    - TORCHLIGHT and SCREENSHOT IN POWER MENU
    - CALL RECORDING
    - ENABLED S6 AIR MESSAGING
    - ALL APPS MULTIWINDOW and MULTI-INSTANCE
    - UP TO 12 APPS IN TOOLBOX
    (Use this Guide to easily enable toolbox in v48: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=379)
    - Fully Modded SecMMS app
    * No SMS to MMS Conversion
    * No SMS to MMS Conversion for emojis
    * Save/ Restore SMS/MMS messages to SD Card
    * Original Time Stamp
    * Enable toggle for on/off display (its in sms/settings)
    * Enabled folder view
    - Additional TorchLight that you can turn on/off with volume buttons
    (Accessible via Settings/Display)
    - Enabled the following additional lockscreen effects:
    . Popping Colors, Brilliant Cut, Brilliant Ring
    - Enabled Grey Scale in Power Savings
    - No Increasing Ringtone
    - Added Note 4 Easy Side Key
    - Revamped Echoe Customization and Tools Portal
    - Enabled Quadview in Mutiwindows
    - Fixed ext sd card read and writing block
    - Fixed Screen Mirroring
    - All the cool feature.xml mods
    - Mildly Debloated (i.e. most downloadable gapps are removed)

Installation Instructions:

Assuming your starting from NC2-NC5-NG6-NK1 with Safestrap or TWRP as your usual custom ROM flashing recovery. Open .zip from Install option. Flash the ROM. When ROM install is complete reboot to Download mode connect phone to PC and flash my CustomROM_Upgrade_Lollipop_VZW_wNK4-NoSys-gogolie.tar in Odin on your PC. Your upgrade/install is now complete. Odin will restart your phone and you'll be presented with a Safestrap option if using SS clear the option 3-4x before the ROM will boot. Feel free to remove or uninstall Safestrap once ROM is loaded. Note - the initial load takes nearly 20mins! So... patience.

If wishing to install from an already rooted OC1 phone or similar 5.01 S4 you'll need to flash the tar (unless using another S4 variant or MDK that has TWRP or Custom Recovery options then you'd follow the 1st procedure and ignore the Odin flashing portion and just flash your favorite Custom Kernel recommended is AEL or KT) but only after installing Safestrap 3.75 and busybox. Personally, I'd install Safestrap on the Phone then press restart to recovery while holding Vol Down this will bring up the Download Mode Screen. Now flash the Downgrade. The phone continues into Safestrap where you'll flash the ROM. Then Restart again to Download Mode and flash the Re-Upgrade and now your finished.

ROM Download: VZW - V49 pr1

Enjoy!

Feel free to thank or donate in order to continue ROM development for the phone

Many thank you's to @friedrich420 he does a fantastic job developing these!
    Working SMS and MMS!

I did some research on other S4 forums, and came across the Sprint S4 development section. They were having the exact same issue with their lollipop ROM's. Their solution, ironically, was to extract a few of the lib files from the released Verizon S4 ROM from @muniz_ri to fix their SMS and MMS problem. However, this has not been implemented into any of their 5.0 TW ROM's as of yet. It is currently a fix posted by @troyboytn. It only involves pushing some files via a root file explorer and changing a couple file permissions.

Here is the link to the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60554117&postcount=281

(And a big thanks to @thastaniard who assisted with the fix)

It also seems we both have the same issue with the default Samsung messenger app when implementing this fix. You cannot send MMS from it. However, you can use either Hangouts or Textra to send SMS and MMS just fine. I have not tested receiving MMS, but I wanted to get this out for other people to try.

@gigilie I imagine this fix could be implemented in your next release (if you haven't already found this solution). It could also be converted into a flashable zip, I just don't have the time right now to make one. There may also be a solution for the default messenger app and sending MMS.

On a side note, does anyone know how to enable "None" as the screen lock? The options for "Swype" and "None" are grayed out in the settings. I have changed security settings and tried different kernels, but nothing works.

Thanks for the AWESOME ROM! :highfive:

Chad the easiest way I can tell you on howto get the Modem is download my WiFi Fix and open up the .zip on a PC delete the nhlos file and flash :) I'm sure one exists somewhere maybe muniz or someone popped one online? I'm fairly confident your gear will react well to echoe. but you cannot be on NC2 as much as I love the bootloader myself... You'll need to flash the Odin package on your non-MDK phone. No worries this is not the full OTA and you can fully downgrade every single file back to NC2 when your done! :) No worries bro I methodically tested this before releasing the method. I also created a thread in General section detailing the process a bit more
    I flashed this successfully it came up after roughly 10 min after booting ... Setup rom and looks yummy .. However .. When it reboots i cant for the live of me figure out how to flash the fix files to send msgs and get data ... Wifi works great ... So is there something special to get SS working? What is flashfire bcz i tried that and it just hung .. If i boot up and use flashfire is it normal to boot again for 20 min??

Sent from my SCH-i545 using XDA Free mobile app
    If you simply read, you'll find answers.
    On page 1 there's an ODIN fix you can temporarily get SS to work if you downgrade, but you'll have to flash the upgrade if you want to go back to Lollipop.
    The fixes are deemed not working, so don't bother.

If you can't read, don't flash. That's how you brick things.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I was wondering if there was any solid fix for the SMS/MMS issue. I still cannot successfully "send" a text message. I have tried using Google Hangouts & Chomp SMS as alternatives, but no good. Here is my set up:

MDK
    Hulk Kernel
    MJ7 Modem- (tried MDK & NK1 also)

I flashed with the latest TWRP
    chose all VZ stock options
    booted up with "non VZ software" warning
    flashed Hulk Kernel
    phone booted up---set the phone up as new device and changed mobile network to CDMA/LTE

Any help would be appreciated. ROM runs GREAT otherwise---Thanks for your hard work!!!
    No, not that I know of. Still waiting on a fix myself, just using Google Voice in the meantime.
    Ya know, I wondered that, but it was never mentioned in the instructions and I usually never had to do that for Verizon ROMs based off a non-Verizon phone. I'll have to test when I get off work.

I flashed Loki and still had the same triangle.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone