[ROM][EI22]MostlyStock Rebuild | 11/17

Search This thread

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Obviously, as with everything here, you SHOULD take caution before flashing this. However, if you DON'T, and something goes wrong, then it is in no way my or anyone else's fault.

I rebuilt this ROM.

What's changed:
-Updated the kernel to version v0.0.2. (nubecoder)
-Added the 3G/1x icon fix. (SenseiSimple)
-Added Hotspot hack. (Tortel1210/Necrosan)
-Added the Camera sound fix. (IcePlanet)
-Removed some Sprint/Samsung bloat (suggest more to remove if you want).
-Added CRT off.
-Added a 1% battery mod.

And of course, the old goodies:
-Deodexed
-noCIQ (k0nane)
-LogsProvider Fix (Tortel1210)
-GPS Fix (hienkhieu)
-Extended Power Menu (untermensch (I also borrowed the icons for the menu from him. Hope you don't mind!))

Download

Video from qbking77:

Old Links:
Update 4 (added Extended Power Menu)
Update 3 (added LogsProvider fix)
Update 2 (added noCIQ)
Update 1 (added GPS Fix)
Original (Deodexed only)

Last edited:

Neckberg

Dec 30, 2010
Green Bay
Great, I was waiting for this!

I am on EH17 with EE03 modem. So I should odin the EC05 modem, flash this, then odin the EI22 modem?

Oh, I think I am supposed to say First.

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Great, I was waiting for this!

I am on EH17 with EE03 modem. So I should odin the EC05 modem, flash this, then odin the EI22 modem?

Oh, I think I am supposed to say First.

I think you're legally obligated to actually...

And it's been up for a while, mainly in the general section, I just hadn't had enough posts to put it in the development section lol.

As for the modem, you can use whichever you want.

Thanks bro!

Sent from shane6374's Epic via Tapatalk

You're quite welcome.

Last edited:

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't know if this os a noob question or not...but can EH17 KERNELS be used with this build....the reason I ask is because in proir GB leaks there was some cross-compatability between builds that some themes could be used with...so im thinking would it work the same for kernels

Sent from my rooted, suited, & booted Epic 4G #knowdat!

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
I don't know if this os a noob question or not...but can EH17 KERNELS be used with this build....the reason I ask is because in proir GB leaks there was some cross-compatability between builds that some themes could be used with...so im thinking would it work the same for kernels

Sent from my rooted, suited, & booted Epic 4G #knowdat!

I'm not entirely sure. This comes with nubernel, which was made for EH17, and I don't think any modifications were done to it to get it to work, so I suppose they can.

I am running EXT4 now, so do I need to flash the convert to RFS script first?

Shouldn't have to. The kernel supports EXT4.

Just an FYI, GPS fix works for this ROM

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321049

I was only locking 3 of 9 and after flashing this locked 9 of 9 in about 4 seconds

Thanks for confirming that. I also noticed the suckish GPS and was wondering about this.

Anyone think I should include the GPS Fix?

Last edited:

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
This is one of the times I wish I didn't have homework...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

agentsparrow

Feb 26, 2009
I'm not entirely sure. This comes with nubernel, which was made for EH17, and I don't think any modifications were done to it to get it to work, so I suppose they can.

I believe the nubernel is actually an EI22 kernel. It was created from the source that we saw in October that was later taken down, which is identical to the new EI22 source that is currently up. So technically we were running EH17 leak with EI22 kernel before. I may be wrong but this is how I understand it.

Reactions: tony45x220

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
I believe the nubernel is actually an EI22 kernel. It was created from the source that we saw in October that was later taken down, which is identical to the new EI22 source that is currently up. So technically we were running EH17 leak with EI22 kernel before. I may be wrong but this is how I understand it.

Oh. That's very true. Thanks for that correction.

metalblaster

Oct 2, 2010
Ive added this post to my How to root after getting the OTA or Google Install post over on the general forums. Thanks for putting this up. If you flash it over the stock install it works and runs perfectly as well as makes CWM permanent.

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Ive added this post to my How to root after getting the OTA or Google Install post over on the general forums. Thanks for putting this up. If you flash it over the stock install it works and runs perfectly as well as makes CWM permanent.

Thank you for adding it there. And you're quite welcome.

Last edited:

vita10gy

May 20, 2010
Source earlier and source now are identical, so the only way it wouldn't work is if the devs had to add something to make it work with EH17, than in turn only works with EH17.

I don't think that's the case, and I'm running nubernel problem free thus far.

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Source earlier and source now are identical, so the only way it wouldn't work is if the devs had to add something to make it work with EH17, than in turn only works with EH17.

I don't think that's the case, and I'm running nubernel problem free thus far.

Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Lol

Top Liked Posts