• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][EL13][Stock 2.3.6][Modified: 2011-12-13][No CIQ!!]

Search This thread

crzchn

Nov 29, 2011
Should I use the pit file if I am flashing this from a custom kernel and ROM?

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
Damn it all! I was just looking forward to resting from putting together the EK02 setup..

:rolleyes: :cool: :mad:

LOL seriously! I just got settled in to a new ROM. Got all my Apps re-installed, set all my settings the way I like them, then this hits, along with CM7 and Miui ports.

*headexplodes* (in a good way) :D:D:D

Edit - Oh I realized my comment sounds silly compared to the amount of work you put in to tweaking and re-odexing a ROM steve sorry LOL! Still ....

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
Development is really picking up. Imagine a ICS based ROM running on this bad boy, running on verizon's network with sprint pricing :D:D:D:D, oh wait that CAN happen as soon as we get ICS haha

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010
Not particularly no.

Kingsway, when you were talking to Sprint\Samsung a while back, didn't someone say they had more fixes to put in so EK02 may not have been the final build?

Probably just more bug fixes. Maybe that sound bug I've heard about? Never had any problems there though so cannot confirm it.

Yeah, I was told that ek02 had some minor wifi bugs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

crzchn

Nov 29, 2011
So I Odin'd back to eg30 and used the pit file (thanks QBKING77...see his youtube videos), factory reset and wiped cache and deleted my andriod data folder. Then I Odin'd el13. When that was done I fully charged the battery, powered down and removed the battery for two minutes. I then replaced the battery and plugged in the charger again and charged to completion.

Quite a few apps were up to the current release which was nice.

I have had no LoS problems and I have very bad signal strengh where I live. But I have only had them once before and that was on a custom ROM.

Battery life seems very good but I have just been off battery for about an hour with one long call and some light Web browsing. (I am starting to get the impression that battery life is all about the apps you install, not the apps you use.) I alsp turned of all animations.

But it seems smooth and just as fast as any roms I have loaded.

More later as I put it through some more punishment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

crzchn

Nov 29, 2011
Well, damn. I was sitting still in a coffee shop connected to wifi when suddenly the phone warns me that I am going into 3g data roaming mode. Wha?

Also, it seems to have lost the ability to Change the wallpaper on the lock screen. it does not even give you the option the standard way and if I try to do it under settings> display > lock screen wallpaper it changes the desktop wall paper.

Back to eg30...

bavarianblessed

Feb 17, 2009
Chattanooga
Can anyone else confirm that a jig no longer resets the custom binary counter?

It worked until I installed this leak. Just want to make sure it's not my jig at fault(unlikely)

crzchn

Nov 29, 2011
Can anyone else confirm that a jig no longer resets the custom binary counter?

It worked until I installed this leak. Just want to make sure it's not my jig at fault(unlikely)

maybe it reflashed the bootloader? There is a bootloader you can flash to make the jig work again.

btw, can you change your lockscreen wallpaper?

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
EK02 has that ability and I thought both releases were based on 2.3.6
Well, damn. I was sitting still in a coffee shop connected to wifi when suddenly the phone warns me that I am going into 3g data roaming mode. Wha?

Also, it seems to have lost the ability to Change the wallpaper on the lock screen. it does not even give you the option the standard way and if I try to do it under settings> display > lock screen wallpaper it changes the desktop wall paper.

Back to eg30...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Biggest difference I see so far doing a comparison, is no CIQ libs are included anymore, so either Samsung pulled CIQ from it or hide it even more. I'll run the detector apps to see here shortly to verify

EDIT: Seems Samsung & Sprint listened, no CIQ in this ROM

device20111213095149.png
    EL13
    No CIQ
    Keeps data

SamFirmware @SamFirmware 21 mins
    Firmware: D710USEL13_D710USEL13_SPR

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware
    http://hotfile.com/dl/137401279/de9f307/D710USEL13_D710USEL13_SPR.zip.html

pass: samfirmware.com

... or use the downloader. :)
    If you want the tar.md5 file instead of downloading a password-protected file from hotfile, here it is:

HOME_SPH-D710_CL806482_user.tar.md5

I used MobileODIN from the Market to flash from my SDCARD and chose to auto-inject root for me so I had root upon flash.

It also didn't remove my data.
    Damn it all! I was just looking forward to resting from putting together the EK02 setup..

:rolleyes: :cool: :mad:
    Just kidding. Still GB 2.3.6. Very odd though, first time I've flashed a full ROM using ODIN and maintained my data/apps.

Yeah it doesn't include the data partition so it doesn't wipe data.