• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]EMUI 10.1 dload FW for Huawei P30 Pro updated on 03.12.2020

Search This thread

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Hi fellows xda'ians,

I've made this thread in order to have a clean and updated one with links for latest dload firmware, info, changelog & other guides. I will keep updating this OP with newest dload firmware ONLY for EMUI 10.1. To decompress ANY firmware file that has .EF extension, use EF File Extractor v7.4

Latest firmware was added on 03.12.2020 for VOG-L29 C431 v10.1.0.179, with OCTOBER SP as changelog.

USING dload FW in order to update your device WILL DO A FULL WIPE & ERASE YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, SO DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP BEFORE using Huawei HiSuite! Also, I'm not responsible for bricked devices! READ BEFORE PROCEEDING & BE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT dload firmware according to your needs!​

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C431 v10.1.0.179
GDRIVE
VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.179(C431E23R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05017BHV online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C461 v10.1.0.163
androidhost.ru
VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.163(C461E12R3P1) FIRMWARE EMUI10.1.0 05015SYC online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L09 C431 v10.1.0.150
GDRIVE
VOGUE-L09C 10.1.0.150(C431E19R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05016TKC online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C432 v10.1.0.150
GDRIVE
VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.150(C432E19R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05015SFW online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C10 v10.1.0.151
androidhost.ru
VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.151(C10E11R5P1) FIRMWARE EMUI10.1.0 05015SPM online.

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L04D C25 (CLARO) v10.1.0.141
GDRIVE
VOGUE-L04D 10.1.0.141(C25E18R1P3)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05015TJP online
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following this guide for VOG-L04 users you will find out how to flash on a carrier branded device using a different cust firmware, shared by @oremor305 and reconfirmed by @cre4per for working on a VOG-L04 C792 cust.

If you need to revive
a softbricked device (bootloader depending), follow post #463. This method is working also for devices with C900 cust.

HOW TO flash dload FW:

UPGRADE USING OTG ADAPTER or OTG CABLE + USB MEMORY STICK
1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your memory stick / drive (formatted as exFat or NTFS) that will be used to upgrade
2. BACKUP your stuffs if you haven't done yet
3. Factory Reset your phone (optional) and POWER it OFF
4. Insert your OTG + memory stick / drive with the right firmware on it (dload folder with all 3 zips inside)
5. ON EMUI 10 enter eRecovery by pressing POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

UPGRADE USING Huawei NM Card
1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your Huawei NM Card
4. ON EMUI 10 enter eRecovery by pressing POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

OR

If you want to do it from sistem after you've made your backup and had an Factory Reset (optional), insert OTG + memory stick / drive OR copy dload folder with all 3 zips inside to your Huawei NM Card and dial this code on dialer *#*#2846579#*#* then select 4.Software Update then 1.Memory card Upgrade . If your inserted card / memory stick or USB drive or Huawei NM Card it's recognised and has the right files, your phone will restart & start flashing the firmware. At the end after succesfully flashed firmware, you can remove the OTG (if you used one).

How to check for update using eRecovery on EMUI 10 / 10.1 :

It doesn't require a cable plugged in and using this method in order to update WON'T wipe your phone data, it's acting like an normal OTA. In order to acces eRecovery, Power OFF your device or Restart it. Press then simultaneously POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select eRecovery mode then Update and recover system then Download update and recover. Connect it to Wi-Fi and it should start the update. If it's still the version you're atm, you can hit Cancel and then Restart. If it's a newer version than the one installed, let it download and update. At the end, it will restart to system.

Clean and succesfully flashings, guys & keep in mind that you can donate me in order to maintain this thread alive or if my firmwares helped you or you just appreciate my work @xda :highfive:

Last edited:

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
CHANGELOG for VOG-L029 C431 v10.1.0.179

This update improves system security with Android security patches.

[Security]

Integrates Android security patches released in October 2020 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2020/10/

Update notes:
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
IF you want to remove ads and you have no root or don't wan't to block your VPN or use Blokada, you can use my trick, it works on both WI-FI and mobile networks, as good as Adaway is doing :
Just set: Settings > Wi-Fi & Internet > Private DNS > dns.adguard.com OR dot-de.blahdns.com then press Save & enjoy ad free browsing without any additional app. These are secure DNS servers that have integrated ad blocking. Adguard is a Russian company, blahdns is a small hobby project with a good history.

Extra step for Chrome users:
- Open Chrome, type in chrome://flags, search for async DNS resolver (#enable-async-dns) and choose disabled in the drop down menu, otherwise Chrome could use a built in dns resolver which does not block ads.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to remove Huawei bloatware (and get a better battery lifetime) without root access and using ADB & USB Debugging, please check my thread from the link bellow:

Remove Huawei Bloatware Without Root Access - using ADB & USB Debugging
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a comprehensive battery optimization mini guide to achieve the best possible SOT's on Huawei phones go to Settings/Battery/App launch and disable the app or give permission to the app you need to run in background (ex. NOT working in background Netflix is set to Managed manually with NO Auto-launch, NO Secondary launch and NO Run in background; WORKING AUTO - OUTLOOK - Manage automatically). Next you can customize notifications separately for any customisable app in own settings.

Last edited:

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Is this now the official stable version?

For me after 2 days of usage it seems more stable and battery life friendly than v173 and i might think that this is the final and stable release. But seeing that some users receive it straight from EMUI 9.1 i still have my reservations, because the rest of us that are on EMUI 10 v168 or v173 received it through HiCare or eRecovery, not by official method (OTA from Settings) :rolleyes:

We'll need to wait for a whille and see what the rest of us (EMUI 9.1 and EMUI 10) will receive and follow Huawei statements online.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk VIP

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Oh and my phone now works in E recovery. It gets the latest package info. Which means 10.0.0.178 will be available in UK.

Try it whille you're on EMUI 9.1, v260, if it gets you the same EMUI 10 version or the same EMUI 9.1 v260 :p. Then you'll know if it's available as a final release or as an update for EMUI 10 pre-release built (v173 or yet for v178) you were before.

Reactions: adambrown

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Try it whille you're on EMUI 9.1, v260, if it gets you the same EMUI 10 version or the same EMUI 9.1 v260 :p. Then you'll know if it's available as a final release or as an update for EMUI 10 pre-release built (v173 or yet for v178) you were before.

While I was on 168 and 173 it would fail to get package info. So I'm guessing my devices recognises 178 and is able to download it via recovery. I've just set my phone back up from scratch so I can't be bothered to downgrade again lol.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
While I was on 168 and 173 it would fail to get package info. So I'm guessing my devices recognises 178 and is able to download it via recovery. I've just set my phone back up from scratch so I can't be bothered to downgrade again lol.

Oh, got it. I've read earlier that you downgraded and therefore i thought you still are on EMUI 9.1 :silly:.

Maybe someone else who's still on EMUI 9.1 v260 and reads our discussion and can make a test and get us out of our dillema :)

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Oh, got it. I've read earlier that you downgraded and therefore i thought you still are on EMUI 9.1 :silly:.

Maybe someone else who's still on EMUI 9.1 v260 and reads our discussion and can make a test and get us out of our dillema :)

I tried to stay on emui 9.1 but the interface is ugly and I was used to the more modern look on emui 10 plus performance and animations are soo much smoother.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
I tried to stay on emui 9.1 but the interface is ugly and I was used to the more modern look on emui 10 plus performance and animations are soo much smoother.

:D i know that feeling, i've made my wife's VOG-L29 Orange branded today from scratch (downgrade with HiSuite to EMUI 9.1 v260, checked for updates then using dload to get to v178) and it seems kinda old interface rather then the one from EMUI 10 :cool:.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Actually need vog l29 c675 release from last one month you already aware about it :mad:
Till that will Tyr to update yo 178 of vog l29

I know you are waiting for C675 :(, but atm they didn't release EMUI 10 as dload firmware so i can't help you on that. BUT when it will be released, i will let you know.
Meanwhille, i'm uploading VOG-L29 C431 v178 to Gdrive. Check the OP in 10 minutes for Gdrive link ;)

SilviuO

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Hi guys please do the firmware VOG-L29D C185 (10.0.0.178) and the same as the VOG-L29 C185 (10.0.0.178) thanks in advance

Well, it is for VOG-L29 C185, what else do you mean? The letter D from firmware description ''VOG-L29D'' firmware is from Huawei, but the firmware can be flashed on VOG-L29 C185 without any problems, as the one from v10.0.0.173 was :confused:

SilviuO

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk VIP

Attachments

• IMG_20200110_002825.jpg
    IMG_20200110_002825.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 493

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi fellows xda'ians,

I've made this thread in order to have a clean and updated one with links for latest dload firmware, info, changelog & other guides. I will keep updating this OP with newest dload firmware ONLY for EMUI 10.1. To decompress ANY firmware file that has .EF extension, use EF File Extractor v7.4

Latest firmware was added on 03.12.2020 for VOG-L29 C431 v10.1.0.179, with OCTOBER SP as changelog.

USING dload FW in order to update your device WILL DO A FULL WIPE & ERASE YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, SO DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP BEFORE using Huawei HiSuite! Also, I'm not responsible for bricked devices! READ BEFORE PROCEEDING & BE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT dload firmware according to your needs!​

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C431 v10.1.0.179
    GDRIVE
    VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.179(C431E23R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05017BHV online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C461 v10.1.0.163
    androidhost.ru
    VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.163(C461E12R3P1) FIRMWARE EMUI10.1.0 05015SYC online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L09 C431 v10.1.0.150
    GDRIVE
    VOGUE-L09C 10.1.0.150(C431E19R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05016TKC online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C432 v10.1.0.150
    GDRIVE
    VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.150(C432E19R2P5)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05015SFW online

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L29 C10 v10.1.0.151
    androidhost.ru
    VOGUE-L29C 10.1.0.151(C10E11R5P1) FIRMWARE EMUI10.1.0 05015SPM online.

Huawei P30 PRO VOG-L04D C25 (CLARO) v10.1.0.141
    GDRIVE
    VOGUE-L04D 10.1.0.141(C25E18R1P3)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05015TJP online
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Following this guide for VOG-L04 users you will find out how to flash on a carrier branded device using a different cust firmware, shared by @oremor305 and reconfirmed by @cre4per for working on a VOG-L04 C792 cust.

If you need to revive
    a softbricked device (bootloader depending), follow post #463. This method is working also for devices with C900 cust.

HOW TO flash dload FW:

UPGRADE USING OTG ADAPTER or OTG CABLE + USB MEMORY STICK
    1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your memory stick / drive (formatted as exFat or NTFS) that will be used to upgrade
    4. Insert your OTG + memory stick / drive with the right firmware on it (dload folder with all 3 zips inside)
    5. ON EMUI 10 enter eRecovery by pressing POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

UPGRADE USING Huawei NM Card
    1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your Huawei NM Card
    4. ON EMUI 10 enter eRecovery by pressing POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

OR

If you want to do it from sistem after you've made your backup and had an Factory Reset (optional), insert OTG + memory stick / drive OR copy dload folder with all 3 zips inside to your Huawei NM Card and dial this code on dialer *#*#2846579#*#* then select 4.Software Update then 1.Memory card Upgrade . If your inserted card / memory stick or USB drive or Huawei NM Card it's recognised and has the right files, your phone will restart & start flashing the firmware. At the end after succesfully flashed firmware, you can remove the OTG (if you used one).

How to check for update using eRecovery on EMUI 10 / 10.1 :

It doesn't require a cable plugged in and using this method in order to update WON'T wipe your phone data, it's acting like an normal OTA. In order to acces eRecovery, Power OFF your device or Restart it. Press then simultaneously POWER+VOLUME UP and keep them pressed untill you see Huawei on screen. Release the POWER button and keep pressing VOLUME UP untill you are in eRecovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select eRecovery mode then Update and recover system then Download update and recover. Connect it to Wi-Fi and it should start the update. If it's still the version you're atm, you can hit Cancel and then Restart. If it's a newer version than the one installed, let it download and update. At the end, it will restart to system.

Clean and succesfully flashings, guys & keep in mind that you can donate me in order to maintain this thread alive or if my firmwares helped you or you just appreciate my work @xda :highfive:
    CHANGELOG for VOG-L029 C431 v10.1.0.179

This update improves system security with Android security patches.

[Security]

Integrates Android security patches released in October 2020 for improved system security.
    For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2020/10/

Update notes:
    1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
    2. If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    IF you want to remove ads and you have no root or don't wan't to block your VPN or use Blokada, you can use my trick, it works on both WI-FI and mobile networks, as good as Adaway is doing :
    Just set: Settings > Wi-Fi & Internet > Private DNS > dns.adguard.com OR dot-de.blahdns.com then press Save & enjoy ad free browsing without any additional app. These are secure DNS servers that have integrated ad blocking. Adguard is a Russian company, blahdns is a small hobby project with a good history.

Extra step for Chrome users:
    - Open Chrome, type in chrome://flags, search for async DNS resolver (#enable-async-dns) and choose disabled in the drop down menu, otherwise Chrome could use a built in dns resolver which does not block ads.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to remove Huawei bloatware (and get a better battery lifetime) without root access and using ADB & USB Debugging, please check my thread from the link bellow:

Remove Huawei Bloatware Without Root Access - using ADB & USB Debugging
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a comprehensive battery optimization mini guide to achieve the best possible SOT's on Huawei phones go to Settings/Battery/App launch and disable the app or give permission to the app you need to run in background (ex. NOT working in background Netflix is set to Managed manually with NO Auto-launch, NO Secondary launch and NO Run in background; WORKING AUTO - OUTLOOK - Manage automatically). Next you can customize notifications separately for any customisable app in own settings.
    HOW TO REVIVE softbricked & flash for C900 CUST + demo devices (bootloader depending)

In order to succeed, you will need to do as i wrote bellow! You can flash 3 times by replacing second and third time the dload folder from USB device or you can use 3 exFAT formatted USB devices, as you wish. Before proceeding, make sure that you have 3 dload folder with ONLY 3 zips inside (the ones extracted from my firmware, v186 for VOG-L29 C431 or VOG-L09 C431, depending on device).

FIRST folder to be used NEEDS NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL, just do step 1 from bellow!
    1. FIRST TIME FLASH the dload folder ORIGINAL, just as is from the extracted firmware - dload folder with all 3 zips files inside as following:
    update_sd_base.zip (4207731 KB)
    update_sd_cust_VOG-L29_hw_eea.zip (37 KB)
    update_sd_preload_VOG-L29_hw_eea_R2.zip (206751 KB)
    It will end up succesfully, but with softbrick.

SECOND dload folder do as step 2 bellow then flash it (copy the dload folder and replace the one used on step 1 if you are using the same USB device)
    2. SECOND TIME RENAME update_sd_preload.zip TO update_sd_base.zip AND ORIGINAL update_sd_base.zip TO update_sd_preload.zip, resulting:
    update_sd_base.zip (206751 KB)
    update_sd_cust_VOG-L29_hw_eea.zip (37 KB)
    update_sd_preload_VOG-L29_hw_eea_R2.zip (4207731 KB)
    It will flash faster with flash successfully, still softbrick.

THIRD dload folder do as step 3 bellow then flash it (copy the dload folder and replace the one used on step 2 if you are using the same USB device)
    3. THIRD TIME RENAME update_sd_cust_VOG-L29_hw_eea.zip TO update_sd_base.zip AND ORIGINAL update_sd_base.zip TO update_sd_cust_VOG-L29_hw_eea.zip, resulting:
    update_sd_base.zip (37 KB)
    update_sd_cust_VOG-L29_hw_eea.zip (4207731 KB)
    update_sd_preload_VOG-L29_hw_eea_R2.zip (206751 KB)
    Flashing will be instantaneous and will reboot and revive your device from softbrick.

Goodluck flashing and let me know if it worked :confused:

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Haha I like your style, that will screw them :laugh:

Its just a pity you have to be wary now.
    But I hope it's not too much hassle for you, and you can keep helping us here :good:

:angel::angel::angel::angel:, i won't let you guys down, because as long as i have a Huawei unit (mine or my familly - i have 2 Mate 10 Pro's, 2 P2o Pro's and 2 P30 Pro's + Mate 20 Pro from work :eek:) i will haunt this threads :eek:

No hassle for me :) just want to screw those guys business :))))

Sent from my VOG-l29 using XDA Labs