[ROM][EOL][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS for T0LTE

Search This thread
Sep 7, 2018
My advice would be to not upgrade the bootloader. Stay on a Knox-free bootloader and just flash the modem from the latest stock update you can find.

Ah, that's a good tip, and a consideration I'd missed. Thank you.

Will I be able to simply extract the modem files from the
......_HOME.tar.md5 packages from Updato?

Does it matter whether I use the EE one or the H3G one?

Does it matter if I don't update the modem at all?

Sep 7, 2018
Does it matter whether I use the EE one or the H3G one?

Does it matter if I don't update the modem at all?

Since the BP is a binary black box, and region-specific, I guess nobody really knows and it's a case of "suck it and see"...

There doesn't seem to be any separate NON-HLOS.bin file in there.

I'm thinking maybe experiment just for interest when the phone is no longer in daily use but leave it as-delivered until then.

rickyroma

Aug 18, 2007
Since the BP is a binary black box, and region-specific, I guess nobody really knows and it's a case of "suck it and see"...

There doesn't seem to be any separate NON-HLOS.bin file in there.

I'm thinking maybe experiment just for interest when the phone is no longer in daily use but leave it as-delivered until then.

I used this one N7105XXUFQG1. Although I wouldn't flash the modem before installing lineage.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
I used this one N7105XXUFQG1. Although I wouldn't flash the modem before installing lineage.

So that's for the Orange network in France (which uses a superset of both EE and Three UK frequencies: although I don't know whether that matters)?
No problems at all with reboots, dropped signals or other instability?

Yes, I gathered best not to install a later modem with an earlier ROM, so would certainly update it after upgrading to Lineage if not moving to stock 4.4.2 first.

rickyroma

Aug 18, 2007
So that's for the Orange network in France (which uses a superset of both EE and Three UK frequencies: although I don't know whether that matters)?
No problems at all with reboots, dropped signals or other instability?

Yes, I gathered best not to install a later modem with an earlier ROM, so would certainly update it after upgrading to Lineage if not moving to stock 4.4.2 first.

Only the usual knox-related RIL disconnects but as you are on an earlier bootloader and can completely remove knox you should be golden.

There is an EE rom from slightly earlier EVR-N7105XXSFQA2-20170503160011 which still uses N7105BVUFNE1 radio I tried both radios and found my signal was better using the other one, I would just try a few and see how you get on, signal strength, battery life etc.

Sep 7, 2018
Only the usual knox-related RIL disconnects but as you are on an earlier bootloader and can completely remove knox you should be golden.

There is an EE rom from slightly earlier EVR-N7105XXSFQA2-20170503160011 which still uses N7105BVUFNE1 radio I tried both radios and found my signal was better using the other one, I would just try a few and see how you get on, signal strength, battery life etc.

OK, will do.

Thank you for the tips!

Thorfkin

Aug 19, 2009
Finally got sick of the stock android 4.3 my GN2 came with. Flashed the latest T0LTE nightly. Everything seems to work, except it absolute devours my battery. Went from 100% to 82% in 12 hours just sitting idle. I installed the Aroma release of the G-apps and only selected the item I thought I might use. I've also used privacy guard to prevent everything I could from running in the background. I Have WIFI and location services turned off. Still getting rather significant battery drain. Any idea what I might have missed?

Thorfkin

Aug 19, 2009
Cool. Will do. Thanks :)

Edit: Found it. BetterBatteryStats pointed out a weather app that had updated 2000+ times over 12 hours. Stopped it from running in the background. Battery life is pretty good now. Thanks! I absolutely love this OS.

Last edited:

Rockman39

Oct 17, 2016
I am changing RR rom to this rom but after restoring data via TWRP, nothing works anymore (only black screen). Besides, there is a message poping up that says "Unfortunately System UI has Stopped". What should I do in this case? I really appreciate all your help

hotkolbas

Oct 2, 2011
Hi all,

Just a quick one.
I have notice that my mms isn't going well, I love this rom which gives my note 2 a new lease in life but no matter what I do I can for the life of me send mms via network but wifi seems to work..... its bizarre, I have checked all settings with my note 8 and swapped out sim but still no goo and I know the sim works with data on the network as I use it in the note 8 daily.
I have even spoken to the network provider and we are stumped as to what is going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S I have tried different versions of lineage and even resurrection rom with the same results.
I have flashed different modem and 1 works and the other causes fluctuations in connectivity.

Any help really appreciated.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

3ilal

Jun 24, 2017
@Option58

Hi friend i was just searching for custom ROM lineage OS For my Note II tolteskt (Korean) and end up on this thread. I have just read up to 20 pages but cant decide how to install this rom on my device. I have installed the build downloaded from official Lineage OS but as the build was for t0lte i have to edit it so it can work on t0lteskt.... after installation there is no wifi working i have reboot several times but no success...
Kindly friends help me with this to get stable lineageOS 14.1 Rom for t0lteskt.

I have followed all the steps given

Thanks in Advance

Johnny1969

Nov 30, 2014
Phone keeps stopping

Is anyone experiencing constant phone app crashing to a point where one cannot make a call anymore?
If so how do I fix it.

MasterCATZ

Aug 25, 2009
yes I had the same problems with phone application crashing

tried a few times a fresh install and variances of gapps

also the menu button is not functioning correctly and launching recent applications instead of opening application settings menus etc

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

yes I had the same problems with phone application crashing

tried a few times a fresh install and variances of gapps

also the menu button is not functioning correctly and launching recent applications instead of opening application settings menus etc

waihung0626

Nov 23, 2013
Shantou
www.lidroid.com
My t0tle have installed Los 15.1,this ROM from N7100,
Some working great
And how to back to Los 14.1 or RR ? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-142008_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181211-142008_Settings.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Screenshot_20181211-142019_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181211-142019_Settings.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 536
  • Screenshot_20181211-142024_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-142024_Trebuchet.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 529
  • Screenshot_20181211-142028_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-142028_Trebuchet.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 521
  • Screenshot_20181211-142035_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-142035_Trebuchet.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 514

hotkolbas

Oct 2, 2011
Ok so I done some testing of why I can't send or receive an MMS with Los and I found that it's in the way Los handles the apns.

If I set the apns authentication type to pap I get data but no MMS if I set it to nothing (not set) then I get MMS but no data.

Any Samsung official rom from 4.1 up to 4.4 works all the time every time.

I have tried RR rom as well with the same results.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

HelloItsMe222

Jan 24, 2019
Our kernel is too old, see https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/209
We just have to wait until @topjohnwu fixes it
Is a 3.8 kernel available nowadays?
EDIT: Answering to this question myself: There are at least t0lte Kernels that have the mnt namespace backported, for example the hybrid kernel. The hybrid kernel allows to use Magisk, but does not provide swap support in contrast to the default LOS kernel.

My audio is not working (the 3,5 jack just produces noise when I playback music)
Is there something I can do about this,as you state audio is working?!

thank you!

Last edited:

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
Don't know how many of you still watching this thread, but just a FYI...

There will be no more updates for LOS14.1 (7.1.2).

LineageOS has discontinued this and only supporting 15 and 16 now. 14.1 is now EOL

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

There are at least t0lte Kernels that have the mnt namespace backported, for example the hybrid kernel. The hybrid kernel allows to use Magisk, but does not provide swap support in contrast to the default LOS kernel.

You can try the Boeffla kernel I made a long time ago if you want? Just do a search in my RR thread for it. Should also have link for the Boeffla kernel config app in same post so you can mess with OC/UC etc. Do this at your own risk!!!

I'm not supporting anything with this any more, so if it doesn't work for you, just flash stock kernel again. There shouldn't be any problems with it, and I think I have swap in it? Can't remember, it's been a year or so since I've worked on it? I know it worked fine in RR when I was using it. You could also pull the kernel out of any of my regular RR ROM's. I've had this working for a long time in my ROM.

Last edited:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Don't know how many of you still watching this thread, but just a FYI...

There will be no more updates for LOS14.1 (7.1.2).

LineageOS has discontinued this and only supporting 15 and 16 now. 14.1 is now EOL

Yep, kozmo, thanks for pointing that out. :)

Well in reality we have stopped with active development for this rom like a year ago or was it...it was left there just to receive lineage updates and security patches.
But yes...now...This rom has reached end-of-life state. There will be no new builds, updates or support for LineageOS 14.1 version.
If you still find this useful the latest build was on 20190126 and you can find it in download section.

I reuploaded this build one last time because lineage isn't willing to keep hosting old builds on their server, just in case someone still needs it in the future.

Thank you all -> developers, contributors, and users. It's been hell of a fun and honestly you we're one of the better communities on xda.:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][EOL][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS for T0LTE

Lineage-OS-Logo.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This rom has reached end-of-life state. There will be no new builds, updates or support for LineageOS 14.1 version.
    If you still find this useful the last build was on 20190126 and you can find it in download section.

Working
    • Graphics
    • Wifi
    • Data
    • RIL
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • Vibration
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Video Playback
    • Miracast

Not working/Bugs/Unknown
    • Data doesn't work until after first boot.
    • MHL/HDMI doesn't work
    • Bluetooth audio (may or may not work for you)
    • MTP crashes when uninstalling an app
    • LED flashlight doesn't work on SC-02E

Installation
    1. Read the FAQ to familiarize yourself with any issues that may come up
    2. Make sure you are using the latest TWRP version.
    3. Download the latest build and google apps
    4. Copy it to the phone
    5. Factory reset in TWRP (Very important! Do not skip)
    6. Flash LineageOS 14.1
    7. Flash Gapps
    8. Optional: Flash root package
    9. Reboot
    10. Be patient. The first boot will take between 5 - 15 minutes.
    11. Set up everything and reboot again to get radio working
    12. See the FAQ to avoid common issues

Supported Variants
    • t0lte

• GT-N7105/N7105T
      • SGH-i317/i317M
      • SGH-T889/T889V
      • SHV-E250S/E250K/E250L
      • SC-02E (SGH-N025)

Download
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397906488
    TWRP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=173497
    Gapps: http://opengapps.org
    Root: https://download.lineageos.org/extras or Magisk

Changelog
    For official builds: cmxlog.com or lineageoslog.com
    Below are the changelogs for unofficial builds:

3/18/2017
    • Moved smdk4x12 RIL class upstream to smdk4412-qcom-common
    03/10/2017
    • Enabled wakelock for flashlight (prevents flashlight from turning off when screen is turned off)
    03/07/2017
    • Updated SELinux for tethering
    • Enabled RPFILTER for tethering
    • Remapped menu button to app switcher
    03/06/2017
    • Fix Bluetooth
    • Better CDMA support
    • Removed unnecessary RIL shim
    03/05/2017
    Note: These are the differences from the last official build, not experimental builds.
    • SELinux now enforcing (policies completely rewritten)
    • Fixed data issues
    • Fixed sensors issues
    • Fix sdcard (internal and external) writing issues
    • Switched to open source RIL
    • Enabled ambient display
    02/20/2017
    • Synced with upstream
    • SELinux updates
    • Fixed sensors
    • Synced with upstream
    • SELinux updates
    • RAF bringup and update
    • Patched radio libs to fix audio
    01/14/2017
    • Initial build

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][EOL][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS for T0LTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    Option58, PoisonNinja, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_t0lte

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-12-13
    Last Updated 2019-07-24
    FAQ:
    Root
    LineageOS removed builtin root, so you need to flash the root package linked above.

Data doesn't work
    Reboot. Data doesn't work on the first try

Can't send MMS messages
    Reboot. Then, make sure your APN settings are correct.

Dialer not responding during calls/calls not launching dialer
    Credits to @paulq75
    Settings -> Apps -> tap the cog icons up to the right -> and the set the default Phone app.

A lot of apps force close on system start
    Usually happens when switching to/from TouchWiz roms. Solution would be to backup your data to PC and format internal storage. Sometimes even multiple times.

SDCard access denied in app even though I click 'allow'
    Known bug. Happens only on first attempt. Solution would be to close the app, remove from recents and start again.

Rom fails to flash or OTA doesn't work
    Make sure you are using the latest TWRP version from this thread.

I have some other issue!
    See Reporting Bugs below
    Reporting Bugs
    When reporting an issue, please provide the following information:

If it's a random reboot, also provide the following information:
    • Kernel logs. Run "adb shell su -c cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/Download/kernel.txt" and grab kernel.txt from the Download folder on your phone

Building LineageOS
    1. Follow the instructions at https://source.android.com/source/initializing.html and https://source.android.com/source/downloading.html.
    2. When you get to repo init, use the url https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-14.1
    3. repo sync
    4. Edit roomservice.xml in .repo/local_manifests/ and edit it so it looks like this
    5. repo sync
    6. . build/envsetup.sh
    7. brunch t0lte
    t0lte, t0lteskt, and t0ltektt are now official. The first builds will be coming this Friday(?), and you can use the OTA updater to update Lineage once you flash the official builds. You do not need to wipe data if you are running my unofficial builds of Lineage, but you MUST wipe data if you are coming from any other ROM, including RR.

This thread will remain open for a while, but I may end up creating a official thread for Lineage.
    Hey guys,
    Unfortunately, school is taking up way too much of my time, so I have decided to resign as maintainer for t0lte. Thankfully, @Option58 has stepped up, and he is equally, if not more, qualified as I am. I’m not sure when I can start messing around with this stuff.

It’s been fun doing this, and y’all have been pretty awesome. Happy holidays!