• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] EOL Ephemeral Mate 9 | B231 | ViPER | Kang Tools | Xposed | 10/19/2017

Which superuser app would you prefer?

• SuperSU

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Magisk

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
hi, I just have one question, can we realize any improvements from 1.5 to 2.2? Cuz 1.5 is really good for me right now with fully working rooted and xposed so I dont wanna mess up with those perfect things. Thanks!

riccardorossi64

Jan 13, 2017
Florence ITALY
Wipe System,Product,Vendor,Version,cust and data
Then format internal storage
Then my crazy thing wipe everything again
Then install
And thats that
Thats all what i have done
Ciao

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

And i have L09C432
Ciao
I've tried but the boot was a soft brick...
In my TWRP when I wipe I haven't the choise for VENDOR and CUST
And what was your previous Rom?
You came from....xxx before wipe and flash EpheRom?
What TWRP you use?
thanks and ciao my lucky L09 owner...

Last edited:

ferry013

Mar 28, 2015
Split
I've tried but the boot was a soft brick...
In my TWRP when I wipe I haven't the choise for VENDOR and CUST
And what was your previous Rom?
You came from....xxx before wipe and flash EpheRom?
What TWRP you use?
thanks and ciao my lucky L09 owner...

Last rom before this one was auras76
Twrp is the one for ours phone
I am sorry for the trouble you have with yours phone
Ciao

riccardorossi64

Jan 13, 2017
Florence ITALY
my twrp is 3.1.1.0 and i have all that in wipe
try to install this twrp and do that again
ciao
thank you so much
I flashed Twrp 3.1.1.0 but in wipe section I haven't VERSION e CUST too
In mount section I have put flags on Vendor and Cust, too but in wipe section they don't appear
Could you be so kind to give me the link or directly your Twrp o suggest me something to do to get Vendor and Cust on Wipe section?
thanks and ciao

ferry013

Mar 28, 2015
Split
thank you so much
I flashed Twrp 3.1.1.0 but in wipe section I haven't VERSION e CUST too
In mount section I have put flags on Vendor and Cust, too but in wipe section they don't appear
Could you be so kind to give me the link or directly your Twrp o suggest me something to do to get Vendor and Cust on Wipe section?
thanks and ciao
Sorry about that, i have my set of problems: was checking twrp for you and my mate went in bootloop
After long fight now is working again
Ok i really dont understand whats happening with yours i always have that in my twrp
Now i am back at 3.1.0-1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

END OF LIFE
    Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device when flashing. Confirmed working on AL00. Tested on MHAL29C567.

The goal of this ROM is to rid of any unnecessary apps along with providing a complete Google experience. In the future this ROM will feature an AROMA installer but for now I am looking to squash bugs and make sure it's as smooth as possible.

Features:

Gboard
    Huawei International Music App
    Android O Emojis
    Decrypted
    Rooted
    ViPER4Android
    Call Recording
    DT2W
    AdAway
    KangVIP Tools
    Xposed Ready
    Deodexed
    Debloated
    More to come/etc.

Noted Bugs:

-DT2W doesn't work
    Test and let me know.

How to install:

Note: TWRP must be installed, see above for download link.
    Note: This is for the AL00 variant, rebranding may be required for ROM to function.
    Note: ROM will restart on initial boot, this is due to SuperSU patching the boot.img to prevent the filesystem from being encrypted. If it doesn't boot after the first restart hold power to restart it a second time, should boot without any issues.

1. Head on over to the downloads section and grab the latest version.
    2. If you'd like to clean install (recommended) wipe data, cache, dalvik, and system.
    3. Flash ROM file

Downloads:

Please report any critical bugs you can find. If you have a request don't be afraid to ask.

If you like my work and would like to keep me going consider leaving a thanks or buying me a drink by clicking here.

Thanks to:
    @Tkkg1994 for TWRP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Ephemeral Mate 9, ROM for the Huawei Mate 9

Contributors
    Ephemera
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: B231
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-19

Created 2017-06-25
    Last Updated 2018-02-04
    FAQ:
    Does it work on MHAL29--- ?
    Some have reported success. Haven't seen any post saying it hasn't. Flash with a backup and a confirmed working ROM on a external SD Card. -Just to add rebranding may not be required but it is recommended.

If I rebrand do I have to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP again?
    Yes. Most importantly when rebranding, you will LOSE all data on your internal storage.

Are the Google Apps preinstalled?
    Yes, the core GApps are installed. PlayStore, etc.

What is Xposed Ready?
    This means once Xposed is released for Nougat, all you'd have to do is flash it.

What is Decrytped?
    This means force encryption is off. TWRP will be able to read all files. You can read more about it in the forums.

How do I flash the Removed Apps zips?
    You don't. You take the folder/app you want and stick into app or priv-app then set permissions and reboot.

Can you add Galaxy/whatever other phone there is Apps, Launcher, etc.?
    If you wanted a Galaxy, you should've bought a Galaxy phone.

Helpful Tips:
    -If you're having trouble with notifications freeze Phone Manager. You'll lose the ability to track battery and data but it is a guaranteed fix. You can do so with an app like Ice Box.
    -If you're having trouble removing chinese characters in notification panel or lockscreen go to Advanced Settings and turn off lunar status bar. Advanced Settings > Notification Settings > Show statusbar lunar.
    -If you're having issues with Google Play make sure Google Services are NOT disabled. Go to Advanced Settings > More settings > Disable google services.

Workarounds:
    -There's some stubborn bloat I'm having trouble removing (especially when installing on an AL00.) It causes no harm just remove them with a system app remover from the play store.

Changelog:

Code:
    10/19/17:
    -Added Xposed
    -Change in script to remove bloat
    -Playstore fix
    -Updated to B231

7/16/17:
    -Added HwVPlayer back
    -Updater Script change in attempt to remove stubborn bloat
    -Updated base to B225

6/25/17:
    -Initial release

6/10/17:
    -Initial build
    Been doing some serious testing with Magisk, VoLTE, bloatware, and a few other things for awhile now. Some things are taking too long so in the meantime I've pushed out a B231 update. Changelog in second post. Added some helpful tips, be sure to give them a read.

Upload is now live.
    Welp, it's official, I'm shutting this project down. Google pretty much blacklisted Chinese devices from the Play Store servers (I'm sure some have noticed 404 errors). That along with the fact that Huawei continuously makes it harder for development just isn't worth the hassle. All download links will stay live for as long as possible. I'm disappointed all the time I spent has gone to waste and the community expectations were not met. Huawei devices have beautiful hardware, but the support is just disgusting. Which is something well known but my stubbornness just allowed me to realize it. It really is a shame. Wish you all the best.
    B231 in the works.

Special thanks to @spinward for providing me the opportunity to properly test the ROM. Will be ironing out lots of issues from the last build and making sure there's no chinese.