[ROM][EOL][OP5T][PIE]Unofficial Resurrection Remix [V7.x][LuisROM]

Search This thread

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
Can you tell..Dolbyatmoa and v4android will work in this rom? And face unlock?
Face unlock works without instelling anything or any gapps. Already included.
I'm not using any Soundmods...

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Running it a fee days now.
Flashed rom, magisk after setup and reboot.
gapps are included (with face unlock), aosp email client with exchange (no need for Gmail app), safety net pass in Magisk
Great stable rom and you van customize almost anything.
Clock, center, date, seconds
Battery, batterybar,
Dark, black theme
Fonts
It's al included and working
2 camera's:
oos working without any mods needed.
Lineageos also working fine

Google Camera (GCAM) NOT included, but just choose your own: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

One question:
QS tiles Columns van be set up to 6, is it possible to make it 8? Our device is big enough :)

Hope this helps some other users.
Thanks for the hard work, this have become my daily rom...

Last edited:
Reactions: SirRhor

Amrut Parmar

Jul 11, 2017
Maharashtra
This ROM is getting update daily but it hasn't been mention here anytime
I would like to say that please add Android Q style LS clock.
And thanks for this awesome ROM.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Edit.
I had go through the changelog I have found that it already been added
Thanks.

lalit kandpal

Jun 2, 2015
mumbai
m.facebook.com
Face unlock works without instelling anything or any gapps. Already included.
I'm not using any Soundmods...

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Running it a fee days now.
Flashed rom, magisk after setup and reboot.
gapps are included (with face unlock), aosp email client with exchange (no need for Gmail app), safety net pass in Magisk
Great stable rom and you van customize almost anything.
Clock, center, date, seconds
Battery, batterybar,
Dark, black theme
Fonts
It's al included and working
2 camera's:
oos working without any mods needed.
Lineageos also working fine

Google Camera (GCAM) NOT included, but just choose your own: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

One question:
QS tiles Columns van be set up to 6, is it possible to make it 8? Our device is big enough :)

Hope this helps some other users.
Thanks for the hard work, this have become my daily rom...

I flashed rom .my phone won't boot.evrytime back in recovery mode.. Should i flashed magisk after flash rom.i also did wipe delvik cache data

D3G0N

Jan 10, 2016

I haven't tried Atmos but viper does not work. processing is always stuck at no, I've installed it through magisk module and also manually with zip flashing. The default audiofx app doesn't even do anything.

Edit: Ainur JamesDSP magisk module is similar to viper and I've been able to tune it better and it works on this rom :)

I flashed rom .my phone won't boot.evrytime back in recovery mode.. Should i flashed magisk after flash rom.i also did wipe delvik cache data

I had same problem, I can't remember exactly what I did to fix but I have been decrypted from day 1 and ended up flashing the no verity v3 after magisk before first boot and just rebooted a couple times and it booted for me.

Last edited:

eliaslear

Aug 30, 2012
I was on an old build for the longest time. Only issue i had was having to reboot multiple times as phone would go into permasleep upon loading system ui. I would vibrate but no screen. Since updating, now i have an issue with phone relocking after turning on. When i touch power button, screen comes on. Then after unlocking with swipe, screen turns off after a couple seconds. Then when i unlock again all is fine. It's almost like the system isn't realising phone has been unlocked after i swipe and thinks it's still sitting on lockscreen waiting to be unlocked and then auto sleeps. Last build and on latest build.

Reactions: crazykamui

DarkXylese

Jan 5, 2015

It works, you just need a few things. Go to Magisk, and download Viper4Android FX; Audio Modification Library; (In that order) and optionally Audio Compatibility Patch if you have issues with Soundcloud/Spotify/Youtube not going through V4A. I also installed Busybox for Android NDK because V4A would sometimes fail to install the driver without Busybox in previous installations.

Also if using Privacy Guard, untick it for V4A. And it should work perfectly with SE policy Enforcing (and you don't need to delete AudioFX)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I was on an old build for the longest time. Only issue i had was having to reboot multiple times as phone would go into permasleep upon loading system ui. I would vibrate but no screen. Since updating, now i have an issue with phone relocking after turning on. When i touch power button, screen comes on. Then after unlocking with swipe, screen turns off after a couple seconds. Then when i unlock again all is fine. It's almost like the system isn't realising phone has been unlocked after i swipe and thinks it's still sitting on lockscreen waiting to be unlocked and then auto sleeps. Last build and on latest build.

Something could be tripping SystemUI. Are you doing a fresh install? As I experienced similar stuff straight after flashing NanoDroid and having the system loop at "Setting up Android", then kicking me out to the lockscreen and not bringing up the keyboard to unlock the phone again

Last edited:

eliaslear

Aug 30, 2012
Something could be tripping SystemUI. Are you doing a fresh install? As I experienced similar stuff straight after flashing NanoDroid and having the system loop at "Setting up Android" said:
fresh install twice. even restored factory before flashing the last build. i really think mine is just the systemui not realizing i have in fact swiped to unlock.

Also, dt2w doesn't work after the screen being off for a while.

Last edited:

eliaslear

Aug 30, 2012
Latest ota update today gave me this
Error: This package requires firmware version 9.0.5 or newer. Please upgrade firmware and retry!error: 25
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

DarkXylese

Jan 5, 2015
Latest ota update today gave me this
Error: This package requires firmware version 9.0.5 or newer. Please upgrade firmware and retry!error: 25
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

you need to update firmware (vendor) here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cheeseburgerdumplings/files/16.0/dumpling/firmware/
just flash this zip

fresh install twice. even restored factory before flashing the last build. i really think mine is just the systemui not realizing i have in fact swiped to unlock.

Also, dt2w doesn't work after the screen being off for a while.

I have the same problem, but I figured out that it might not be systemui. I have a magisk module that vibrates my phone on boot to indicate that it has launched successfully, and it is not doing so when the phone freezes after reboot and the keyboard doesn't pop up for me to unlock my phone. Something in the system isn't post-ing (launching correctly), although I am able to log into my phone after 3-5 restarts.

And yes dt2w doens't work after a while. I'm still on 7.0.2 - 15/05/19 so I don't know whether its fixed

Last edited:

eliaslear

Aug 30, 2012
you need to update firmware (vendor) here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cheeseburgerdumplings/files/16.0/dumpling/firmware/
just flash this zip

I have the same problem, but I figured out that it might not be systemui. I have a magisk module that vibrates my phone on boot to indicate that it has launched successfully, and it is not doing so when the phone freezes after reboot and the keyboard doesn't pop up for me to unlock my phone. Something in the system isn't post-ing (launching correctly), although I am able to log into my phone after 3-5 restarts.

And yes dt2w doens't work after a while. I'm still on 7.0.2 - 15/05/19 so I don't know whether its fixed

Updates firmware and still got the error. I'm not sure what was going on. I flashed official from rr website and all is working perfectly now. Battery life is similar.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Updates firmware and still got the error. I'm not sure what was going on. I flashed official from rr website and all is working perfectly now. Battery life is similar.
This thread is not about the official release of RR.

My suggestion for issues that don't seem to go away is doing a complete wipe (format), and then reinstall following the correct steps. Being decrypted can reduce compatibility issues but it puts your security at risk.

DarkXylese

Jan 5, 2015
My suggestion for issues that don't seem to go away is doing a complete wipe (format), and then reinstall following the correct steps. Being decrypted can reduce compatibility issues but it puts your security at risk.

I've done a clean flash multiple times trying to find the cause of this. The problem I have only starts when I have everything that I use installed, and the problem specifically is that sometimes when I reboot, enter my password, the system just hangs on "Setting up Android" even though I can swipe down (with my fingerprint scanner) to access the notifications, and from there even launch settings. After a while of "Setting" my phone up, the system just freezes for solid 5s and then kicks me back to my lockscreen, from which at that point I am unable to unlock my phone because the system would just refuse to show my keyboard.

The only way I can temporarily fix this is to restart the phone a few times and hope that its not going to "Set it up" for me. I usually succeed after 3-5 restarts, but the next time I restart my phone I have to go through all of this again. As far as I can see this wasn't happening with a clean install, or the 8.1 version of this ROM. Its also not a keyboard issue as I've had a clean setup where I didn't reinstall my keyboard, and it would still hang, kick me back to my lockscreen and not show my keyboard when I tapped on the password field.

I used to use NanoDroid to speed up the install of microG, and other essential apps, but after using it, the ROM wouldn't even boot, which is far worse than not being able to log in an having to restart your phone; ALTHOUGH I think they are interlinked (both problems caused by the same issue).

I'll do a clean flash again and try to log is with ADB next week, because I really like this ROM.

BTW, I'm encrypted (SE Enabled), rooted (with magisk) and use microG instead of Gapps.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've done a clean flash multiple times trying to find the cause of this. The problem I have only starts when I have everything that I use installed, and the problem specifically is that sometimes when I reboot, enter my password, the system just hangs on "Setting up Android" even though I can swipe down (with my fingerprint scanner) to access the notifications, and from there even launch settings. After a while of "Setting" my phone up, the system just freezes for solid 5s and then kicks me back to my lockscreen, from which at that point I am unable to unlock my phone because the system would just refuse to show my keyboard.

The only way I can temporarily fix this is to restart the phone a few times and hope that its not going to "Set it up" for me. I usually succeed after 3-5 restarts, but the next time I restart my phone I have to go through all of this again. As far as I can see this wasn't happening with a clean install, or the 8.1 version of this ROM. Its also not a keyboard issue as I've had a clean setup where I didn't reinstall my keyboard, and it would still hang, kick me back to my lockscreen and not show my keyboard when I tapped on the password field.

I used to use NanoDroid to speed up the install of microG, and other essential apps, but after using it, the ROM wouldn't even boot, which is far worse than not being able to log in an having to restart your phone; ALTHOUGH I think they are interlinked (both problems caused by the same issue).

I'll do a clean flash again and try to log is with ADB next week, because I really like this ROM.

BTW, I'm encrypted (SE Enabled), rooted (with magisk) and use microG instead of Gapps.
Encryption causes hurdles when going across roms, I thought. Also, microg itself might be causing issues, I haven't had any problems with it.

We need a telegram, this back and forth is gonna go nowhere. You need logs and someone who can actually help you.

Also, clean flash is not the same as format/wipe. Format is when the entire disk is wiped. You have to type 'yes' into twrp to format.

Clean flash is wiping every partition except storage, then installing your roms. Two different results from two separate concepts.

Last edited:

DarkXylese

Jan 5, 2015
Encryption causes hurdles when going across roms, I thought. Also, microg itself might be causing issues, I haven't had any problems with it.
We need a telegram, this back and forth is gonna go nowhere. You need logs and someone who can actually help you.
I just know I have had very few issues with thus rom, and the issues sometimes ended up being my fault

When jumping from ROM to ROM, or doing a major updates (8.1 -> 9) I always do a clean flash. A lot of stuff changes and its stupid to try and flash it on top of the old one.
I have my final exam on Tue. so I'll do a clean flash on Wed. and try log it. It could be OMS/Substratum tripping systemUI, or just bugging out with having to skin "too many" apps (I use the dark mode, haven't really tried the stock white). I don't think encryption is the reason, as I've noticed that my phone would sometimes just randomly hang on the lockscreen for maybe half a minute to 3-4, not bringing up the keyboard on my lockscreen, even though the input field line was flashing (obviously once you've unlocked your phone its decrypted until its restarted again (Android prompts you to unlock your phone after rebooting because no apps will launch until you decrypt the local storage)).

microG shouldn't be the problem, as installing it standalone works and always worked fine for me.

Everything else about this ROM is perfect (apart from double-tap-to-wake not working though deep sleep), and I get around 50-80% deep sleep (from "about phone" section), so I'd like to help solve this issue.

And yes I manually wipe all partitions apart from local storage in advanced wipe in TWRP.

Last edited:

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
When jumping from ROM to ROM, or doing a major updates (8.1 -> 9) I always do a clean flash. A lot of stuff changes and its stupid to try and flash it on top of the old one.
I have my final exam on Tue. so I'll do a clean flash on Wed. and try log it. It could be OMS/Substratum tripping systemUI, or just bugging out with having to skin "too many" apps (I use the dark mode, haven't really tried the stock white). I don't think encryption is the reason, as I've noticed that my phone would sometimes just randomly hang on the lockscreen for maybe half a minute to 3-4, not bringing up the keyboard on my lockscreen, even though the input field line was flashing (obviously once you've unlocked your phone its decrypted until its restarted again (Android prompts you to unlock your phone after rebooting because no apps will launch until you decrypt the local storage)).

microG shouldn't be the problem, as installing it standalone works and always worked fine for me.

Everything else about this ROM is perfect (apart from double-tap-to-wake not working though deep sleep), and I get around 50-80% deep sleep (from "about phone" section), so I'd like to help solve this issue.

And yes I manually wipe all partitions apart from local storage in advanced wipe in TWRP.
I think formatting is not the same as wiping each partition. A format is a complete wipe. It asks you to type in 'yes' when you format.

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
I just bought the 5T and testing this rom since i like the devs work on the 3T. There is a lot of weird issues on the 5T though. I am not able to disable encryption with either fastboot format userdata or format data from recovery. Then there is encryption in TWRP. I have only found one recovery that will pass the pattern (bluespark). Anyone that have some ideas about this? I would prefer an unencrypted device.

When it comes to rom, if i try to login to the phone with fingerprint it just stops at the background image saying "Mobile is starting" if I choose with pattern, it will work instead. Hard to get a log about this.

When it comes to features - Is it possible to kill apps with longpress on back button? Is it possible to add a function somewhere so i can get menu by short press on the right nav button and recents when i long press?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Unoffical Resurrection Remix (PIE)
    (LuisROM) for Oneplus 5T (dumpling)
    device.png

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

EOL - End of life / End of development since 2020-02-13! The RR Team has stopped the development. Please switch to my LuisROM based on crDroid.
    Link crDroid builds: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/cr/

This is my unofficial Resurrection Remix V7.x (pie) cutsom rom.

This is a ROM that works on OnePlus 5t only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/oneplus5t/RR-P-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

My ROMs
    My unofficial Resurrection Remix (LuisROM) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device. The LuisROM build server generates automaticly every 2nd days new builds directly from the sources.

Notice
    Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
    • Based off latest Resurrection Remix V7.x (pie), lineageos and aosp sources
    • Latest security patches
    • OTA Updater (LineageOS Updater)
    • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
    • Oneplus Camera & Gallery
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 4.4 Kernel with many mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • Sound Control Driver
    • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
    • More I/O-Schedulers
    • Optimized for performance and battery life
    • Dash charge
    • Compatible with systemless root
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

Installation instructions:

First time installation:
    • Install latest Oxygen OS firmware
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Flash recovery zip (TWRP)
    • Reboot into TWRP Recovery
    • Wipe all data
    • Flash my lastest RR LuisROM ([http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/oneplus5t/"]download here[/URL])
    • Optional: Flash Open GApps and Magisk
    • Reboot and enjoy

OTA App update installation (auto):
    • Go to Settings > Advanced > Updater
    • Press reload button (right corner)
    • Select download on the new build list
    • After download select update/flash new build (the update process can take longer than expected on treble devices!)
    • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][EOL][OP5T][PIE]Unofficial Resurrection Remix [V7.x][LuisROM], ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    8224Freak
    Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.4
    Based On: RR, LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-18

Created 2019-03-18
    Last Updated 2020-02-15
    I'm thinking of switching to this from official because it's not frequently updated. Is SELinux enforcing? Also thanks for your efforts, it's crazy that this is updated so often!
    Thx, yes kernel is enforcing.
    cu Frank
    Just wanted to come back and say, I made the switch from official RR to this unofficial build because it's frequently updated and SELinux is enforcing. If you're deciding between official and this like I was, go with this. It's more secure, faster (it boots up in like 5 seconds) and is a really stable, rock solid experience. Huge thanks to the dev and their adorable doggo ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone