[ROM][EOL][OP5T][PIE]Unofficial Resurrection Remix [V7.x][LuisROM]

Search This thread

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
I just bought the 5T and testing this rom since i like the devs work on the 3T. There is a lot of weird issues on the 5T though. I am not able to disable encryption with either fastboot format userdata or format data from recovery. Then there is encryption in TWRP. I have only found one recovery that will pass the pattern (bluespark). Anyone that have some ideas about this? I would prefer an unencrypted device.

When it comes to rom, if i try to login to the phone with fingerprint it just stops at the background image saying "Mobile is starting" if I choose with pattern, it will work instead. Hard to get a log about this.

When it comes to features - Is it possible to kill apps with longpress on back button? Is it possible to add a function somewhere so i can get menu by short press on the right nav button and recents when i long press?
Format your phone, you have to type 'yes' in twrp.

Now move your files over. This is where you need to pay attention. Flash the ROM, gapps, kernel (optional), magisk (optional), then no-verity. Always flash no-verity last whenever you flash a new ROM. This will keep you decrypted. There's a v4 of this zip, but I don't have it.

If someone has the v4 zip, please post it.

Also, your new 5T. Did you flash the latest official zip, 9.0.6? If you don't have the right firmware, then the ROM will not operate correctly. Make sure you flash the correct firmware release.

Attachments

• xXx-No-Verity-Treble_v3.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: lindahl85

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
1. Format your phone, you have to type 'yes' in twrp.
2. Now move your files over. This is where you need to pay attention. Flash the ROM, gapps, kernel (optional), magisk (optional), then no-verity. Always flash no-verity last whenever you flash a new ROM. This will keep you decrypted. There's a v4 of this zip, but I don't have it.
3. If someone has the v4 zip, please post it.
4. Also, your new 5T. Did you flash the latest official zip, 9.0.6? If you don't have the right firmware, then the ROM will not operate correctly. Make sure you flash the correct firmware release.

1. No problem. I know where it is.
2. This is a little bit confusing. Does it matter if I flash ROM, gapps, no-verity, magisk vs. ROM, gapps, magisk, no-verity? I found a lot of no-verity versions but all of them became red in twrp. Finally i found this working:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389
"Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.21.2019"
3. I have not seen a thread about v3 or v4 version yet.
4. Yes I am using 9.0.6 with bluespark twrp "twrp-3.3.1-x_blu_spark_v9.101_treble-op5_op5t"
What is treble? I´ve been looking for that too. This was the only recovery with working decrypt when i put in the pattern. So happy to finally got decrypted.

Reactions: preference

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
1. No problem. I know where it is.
2. This is a little bit confusing. Does it matter if I flash ROM, gapps, no-verity, magisk vs. ROM, gapps, magisk, no-verity? I found a lot of no-verity versions but all of them became red in twrp. Finally i found this working:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389
"Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.21.2019"
3. I have not seen a thread about v3 or v4 version yet.
4. Yes I am using 9.0.6 with bluespark twrp "twrp-3.3.1-x_blu_spark_v9.101_treble-op5_op5t"
What is treble? I´ve been looking for that too. This was the only recovery with working decrypt when i put in the pattern. So happy to finally got decrypted.

Use the no verity file I posted. Just always flash it last whenever you flash anything. The order kind of matters, and it's best to play it safe. You might be able to flash it whenever in the order, but I'd say 90% of flashaholics would do the order below.

(Format phone, reboot to bluspark recovery

- preinstall 9.0.6 firmware by using a firmware package or by flashing the 9.0.6 ROM.

- do a simple wipe in twrp (default wipe, not format)
*Personally I wipe every partition except internal storage

(Now, assuming firmware is 9.0.6)

1. Install custom ROM

2. Install Custom Kernel (optional)

3. Install arm64 OpenGapps pie, nano size causes the least stress for me

- some people choose to flash no verity here, you can flash it at any time, but it's always best last

4. Magisk 19.3 - ignore messages about decryption

5. Flash no-verity 3 or 4 (optional). They both work fine for me. (This tells your phone that you want to stay decrypted)

6. Time to boot. Check the security section after you boot up - you'll notice that your phone is listed as decrypted. So don't get caught up in what magisk says

Sorry for the wordy explanations. If you are on OOS 9.0.6, you have project treble. I can't remember the version which introduced treble. 9.0.5 or 9.0.4

Last edited:
Reactions: lindahl85

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
Sorry for the wordy explanations. If you are on OOS 9.0.6, you have project treble. I can't remember the version which introduced treble. 9.0.5 or 9.0.4

Really good ones. So I don´t have to care about treble other when using OOS rom? Wich I probably never do :)

Do I have to use the no-verity when updating a rom too or is it only the first time when i get decrypted? I noticed we got a new build here yesterday.

XavNotFound

Oct 10, 2015
Very nice rom! Way better than Official RR :)

However, in the System UI Tuner, there's an AOD option but it doesn't work (i'm on the 29/07 build), it seems like the switch doesn't do anything. It's maybe due to the official repos tho

LuD0

Apr 17, 2008
Hello, i am trying this rom an it'seems to be a really good ROM.

After my first ota from RR-P-v7.0.2-20190729 to RR-P-v7.0.2-20190731, my phone reboot on recovery, install the update and reboot ... on recovery.

I try to reboot on system but it comes back on recovery.

I download the new version (didn't find the file download before for the ota, where is the file ?) and install it manually, it's the same

Try the 20190729 version and it's alway reboot on recovery.

i am on recovery "3.3.0-pie-1.1-siankabg".

Any help plz ?

bud7dha

Feb 8, 2015
Hello, i am trying this rom an it'seems to be a really good ROM.

After my first ota from RR-P-v7.0.2-20190729 to RR-P-v7.0.2-20190731, my phone reboot on recovery, install the update and reboot ... on recovery.

I try to reboot on system but it comes back on recovery.

I download the new version (didn't find the file download before for the ota, where is the file ?) and install it manually, it's the same

Try the 20190729 version and it's alway reboot on recovery.

i am on recovery "3.3.0-pie-1.1-siankabg".

Any help plz ?
Try using a different TWRP. codeworkx: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ch....1-1-20190713-codeworkx-dumpling.img/download
Or blu_spark: https://github.com/engstk/android_d...-3.3.1-x_blu_spark_v9.101_treble-op5_op5t.img

LuD0

Apr 17, 2008

I try with TWRP codeworkx, wipe all and clear data.

I canted to see if update is ok so i install the version 20190729 then update and i have the same problème.

I tray to flash xXx-No-Verity-Treble_v3.zip again and then it's OK

Maybe if possible add this on the ota ?

Anyway thanks, all works now.

rouma7

Feb 9, 2014
To see if I understood correctly, the moment that you clear the caches (from recovery I am guessing) is when you get the issue?

maybe i misunderstood your issue. i my phone gets stuck with a "Phone is starting." message sometimes after i've flashed, it booted, and i've entered my pin/pattern. after i unlock the phone it tries to "start" with the loading bar but never finishes until i restart the device

SirRhor

Oct 24, 2011
New York
rhor.deviantart.com
maybe i misunderstood your issue. i my phone gets stuck with a "Phone is starting." message sometimes after i've flashed, it booted, and i've entered my pin/pattern. after i unlock the phone it tries to "start" with the loading bar but never finishes until i restart the device

Yeah, that's the issue I have but no one really talks about it, so no solution ever comes out.
The closest thing I have come across to be pointed as a possible cause is "Live Display". I have tried since different ROMs that do not have Live Display, and the issue at boot is not present either. But the ROMs that have Live Display do have this issue.
I have not tried yet to manually remove Live Display with a couple of commands but I have not got around to test it yet.

What I am really amazed is that no one talks about it. Am I one of the very very few who get the "Device is starting"?

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
Last edited:

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
I don't get why but my phone can press a lot of buttons in my pocket even when it's locked. Even press numbers, park call when I am in call. Any idea of why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Unoffical Resurrection Remix (PIE)
    (LuisROM) for Oneplus 5T (dumpling)
    device.png

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

EOL - End of life / End of development since 2020-02-13! The RR Team has stopped the development. Please switch to my LuisROM based on crDroid.
    Link crDroid builds: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/cr/

This is my unofficial Resurrection Remix V7.x (pie) cutsom rom.

This is a ROM that works on OnePlus 5t only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/oneplus5t/RR-P-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

My ROMs
    My unofficial Resurrection Remix (LuisROM) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device. The LuisROM build server generates automaticly every 2nd days new builds directly from the sources.

Notice
    Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
    • Based off latest Resurrection Remix V7.x (pie), lineageos and aosp sources
    • Latest security patches
    • OTA Updater (LineageOS Updater)
    • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
    • Oneplus Camera & Gallery
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 4.4 Kernel with many mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • Sound Control Driver
    • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
    • More I/O-Schedulers
    • Optimized for performance and battery life
    • Dash charge
    • Compatible with systemless root
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

Installation instructions:

First time installation:
    • Install latest Oxygen OS firmware
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Flash recovery zip (TWRP)
    • Reboot into TWRP Recovery
    • Wipe all data
    • Flash my lastest RR LuisROM ([http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/oneplus5t/"]download here[/URL])
    • Optional: Flash Open GApps and Magisk
    • Reboot and enjoy

OTA App update installation (auto):
    • Go to Settings > Advanced > Updater
    • Press reload button (right corner)
    • Select download on the new build list
    • After download select update/flash new build (the update process can take longer than expected on treble devices!)
    • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][EOL][OP5T][PIE]Unofficial Resurrection Remix [V7.x][LuisROM], ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    8224Freak
    Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.4
    Based On: RR, LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-18

Created 2019-03-18
    Last Updated 2020-02-15
    I'm thinking of switching to this from official because it's not frequently updated. Is SELinux enforcing? Also thanks for your efforts, it's crazy that this is updated so often!
    Thx, yes kernel is enforcing.
    cu Frank
    Just wanted to come back and say, I made the switch from official RR to this unofficial build because it's frequently updated and SELinux is enforcing. If you're deciding between official and this like I was, go with this. It's more secure, faster (it boots up in like 5 seconds) and is a really stable, rock solid experience. Huge thanks to the dev and their adorable doggo ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone