Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
@NoSpamDan
This is where I was talking about

d2f7456bb67a3554b5de8da856a1eb86.jpg

On CM and some other ROMs it has smaller and smallest option which I personally like the smaller option. Please let me know if you can merge that for future releases

Here's the commit
https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/161859/

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSpamDan

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Last edited:

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
AOSP keyboard FC

I doubt that this is needed but I have managed to capture a logcat of the AOSP keyboard FCing while swiping.
Well, it turned out that there's no bug at all in the ROM! The actual bug (or missing feature, if you prefer) is in the OpenGapps 7 packages, which don't provide the closed source google swipelibs.

I took them from the @Setting.Out package and copied them in /system/lib. Now swiping works perfectly with the AOSP keyboard.

LucentBirch

Nov 17, 2012
Weird, video was working on Snapchat prior to update yesterday. Now it just remains a still picture after recording.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Well, it turned out that there's no bug at all in the ROM! The actual bug (or missing feature, if you prefer) is in the OpenGapps 7 packages, which don't provide the closed source google swipelibs.

I took them from the @Setting.Out package and copied them in /system/lib. Now swiping works perfectly with the AOSP keyboard.
It seems that AOSP Keyboard is still looking for the swipe libraries even when GApps is not installed. Tried to make a new contact entry to test. So there is still some keyboard work to do.

Thanks for pointing out the libraries issue. To what @Setting.Out package are you referring?

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
It seems that AOSP Keyboard is still looking for the swipe libraries even when GApps is not installed. Tried to make a new contact entry to test. So there is still some keyboard work to do.

Thanks for pointing out the libraries issue. To what @Setting.Out package are you referring?
Swiping can be achieved only with the closed source Google libraries, even with the AOSP keyboard. You have two options IMHO: either you provide the binary-only libs or you set the default for the swiping to off.

For the @Setting.Out package: look for "Revised slim gapps" in the OnePlus forums on xda.

BTW, I checked the opengapps sources and it's mentioned explicitly that they don't provide the swipelibs on nougat.

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Swiping can be achieved only with the closed source Google libraries, even with the AOSP keyboard. You have two options IMHO: either you provide the binary-only libs or you set the default for the swiping to off.

For the @Setting.Out package: look for "Revised slim gapps" in the OnePlus forums on xda.

BTW, I checked the opengapps sources and it's mentioned explicitly that they don't provide the swipelibs on nougat.

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Right. The way we did it on M was to default swiping off until GApps was installed and the libraries were available. The way it is now, it FCs, and shouldn't.

tofu

Apr 30, 2015
There seem to be still some issue with encryption:
I tried to set separate boot & lockscreen passwords (as I've done since KitKat). First I set the short pin for lockscreen, and then via adb shell enable the encryption using longer boot password: vdc cryptfs enablecrypto inplace password [superlongandsecurepasswordherewithoutbrackets]

It encrypts fine, the "type in your password" -screen comes normally as expected, but then after correct password it claims that my password wrong.

I've done this thousand times before, and this is the first time that I encounter this kind of issue.

Last edited:

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
A few people can't hear me during normal phone calls. A possible solution.

@NoSpamDan : a few people complain that they cannot hear me during phone calls, my wife included. Please note that I have the "OK google" hotword detection disabled.

Looking on the CM jira I found that BACON-289 describes my issue perfectly. Quite impressive is that this problem dates back to the earlier COS11 days, two years ago more or less and it's still present for many people with COS13.1 .

I tried this possible solution: set this value in build.prop

Code:
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none

and reboot. Now my problem is gone and people can hear me without me needing to scream as an animal. Basically, this disables the fluence-noise-cancellation (values for this can be "fluence" or "fluencepro" or "none"). This solution was implemented in SlimSaber MM, with good feedback.

Comments?

TheNerd

Sep 16, 2006
@NoSpamDan : a few people complain that they cannot hear me during phone calls, my wife included. Please note that I have the "OK google" hotword detection disabled.

Looking on the CM jira I found that BACON-289 describes my issue perfectly. Quite impressive is that this problem dates back to the earlier COS11 days, two years ago more or less and it's still present for many people with COS13.1 .

I tried this possible solution: set this value in build.prop

Code:
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none

and reboot. Now my problem is gone and people can hear me without me needing to scream as an animal. Basically, this disables the fluence-noise-cancellation (values for this can be "fluence" or "fluencepro" or "none"). This solution was implemented in SlimSaber MM, with good feedback.

Comments?
I didn't change this property but edited mixer_paths.xml as follows: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...k-of-microphone-while-on-speakerphone.118232/

In my case people couldn't hear me only on speakerphone.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts