- May 5, 2014
Jamflux, Pocarropa, and MrRaines (MrTomatico on en.miui), creators of Épic ROM, we are glad to present Épic ROM for Xiaomi Mi MIX, who was born thanks to the hard work of these guys. Epic ROM is a Custom ROM based on MIUI, but with some mods and improvements that you can see below on features chapter.
The focus of this ROM is improve MIUI official stock on many devices making many mods and improve Xiaomi sellers to get a bigger MIUI-ers family!
**IMPORTANT ADVISE : Install at your own risk on your device (Mi MIX in this case). We are not responsible of any damage on your device. Read carefully instructions before install.
-Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 (Chiron)
-Unlocked Bootloader (official unlock to prevent issues)
-Custom Recovery (TWRP Recovery is highly recommended)
-Read all thread before proceed
-Love for technology and most important: Love for Xiaomi!
* Latest base with all changes (visit en.miui.com/forum to check all)
* Smart Assistant (global) added and FACE UNLOCK
* Added steps count in assistant
* New Settings configuration
* New security patches
* Improved a lot battery life and RAM management
* Disabled antispam by default but you can enable it from OTA and addons
* Added dolby atmos in the launcher screen (same as OTA)
* NOTE: Telegram notification won't work due official base build issues
* Thanks to @raulmp for testing tasks!
The rest of features are in quote below:
* Icons has been changed, now in Limitless theme we have STOCK AOSP/MIUI icons * Many bugfixes and RAM improvements * Now settings will have a notification when update is available! * Many other bugfixes like WPA/WPA2 Connection security bug. * New GRID for Launcher and Folders (Thanks to Tomhenson and MrRaines) and new Epic THEME * New GRID selector in Settings/home and recents (Thanks to Tomhenson and MrRaines) * New Ringtones and Notifications sounds * New gallery options and OTA service with addons * New mods for Icons, Grid, Reflected Icons, and more in OTA and ADDONS * Safety net and android pay only works without ROOT (Payments will work as HCE protocol) Multilanguage Fixed SafetyNet and NFC Payments! DOZE enabled New screen recorder and redesigned UI animations/clock New icons on status bar and improved MODs LockScreen icon now is White Zipaligned Intelligent CPU management DocumentsUI never auto-disable from settings again :P DPI Changer in Ota and MODs (settings app) Fingerprint gestures (you can now lock your phone using your fingerprint, if you long press fp, it will show you power menu!, to revert this feature, please visit EPIC OTA app on Settings) New Nice Icons in settings and launcher Gapps Pico pre-installed (Google Play Store and Google Services... you can choose what Google app's are you going to install later :P) Épic OTA Service Added on Settings Epic Mods on OTA app Music App Improved Icons on Settings re-orderer (now you'll have Dolby and SuperSU, and dolby icon from launcher has been removed, you can hide supersu icon from supersu app and only have supersu icon in settings) (New!) Root SuperSU updated and adapted to Xiaomi Mi MIX (2.79) Init.d support Busybox pre-installed Kernel tweaks (very little changes on boot.img) Build.prop improved miuisystem.apk improved to get better RAM management (usually 3GB of free RAM once you power ON your MIX 128/4 model :P) Services and frameworks improvements (more battery and system performance) MIUI Launcher improvements Camera MODs (better image quality) Adway integrated on system (you can see also on Settings) All Chinese app's and Google app's (bloatware) removed Advanced Reboot Menú (PowerMenu improved) DolbyAtmos Updated to latest version Support Xposed but Xposed is not pre-installed (I am not going to pre-install Xposed on this ROM never to prevent System Issues, but I bring you the posibility of install it thanks to init.d, root, and busybox... use Xposed at your own risk). Better support for some Xposed Modules Some Nice Wallpapers added More Languajes and Spanish Updated (thanks to [user=5863451]@JamFlux[/user]) Assistant Touch Updated Like Epic Team Style :P Animations on SystemUI (lockscreen), thanks to xiaomi.eu but we now add some optimizations to this Epic Bootanimation Better Battery and Performance/RAM management thanks also to many patches that we built for JBart Added Xiaomi Package installer with antivirus
All European Languages from Xiaomi.eu (Thanks Ingbrzy, for bring to all MIUI users xiaomi eu roms (availables in www.xiaomi.eu) )
How to install first time
* First of all, make a complete backup of all your photos and internal data in the computer, since the first installation requires to eliminate ALL the sdcard content, given the encryption of Android Nougat and later; the one that warns you is not a traitor, you are going to lose all the data (just as it happens if you install other ROMS). This is due to (in turn) that if we have not formatted the sdcard, it will not boot for security protection data of the cited encryption,
* With TWRP Recovery (read tutorials on how to install it) we will make another backup, but this time System, Data, Cache, Boot, and especially the EFS (important).
* Download the ZIP flasheable and pass it to the internal memory of the phone (no matter if we have already formatted it or not).
* Restart on TWRP recovery
* Make Wipes: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
* Install from Recovery the EpicROM ZIP flasheable and wait for it to appear okay (If you get error 7 the TWRP in the step of "formating system / extracting system", restart in recovery immediately, and reinstall it, this is due that in Nougat you must re-generate the system partition for encryption topics, so it will install you, it should work like the rest of us )
* We reboot in fastboot mode once the rom has been installed correctly. To do this, we can do it from TWRP in REBOOT / Fastboot or by holding down the power button and the volume down button until FASTBOOT and Mitu appear by soldering an Android robot. In this step, we connect the mobile to the computer, and in the same folder that can be downloaded from en.miui.com/unlock (to unblock the bootloader) click inside that folder in a blank space in the right mouse click while holding the SHIFT key on the keyboard; a window will appear and the "open command window" option should appear. We tapped on that window. When it opens, if you open powershell (blue screen) from windows 10, type cmd and press enter. If you open the classic cmd of all life (BLACK SCREEN) we are already where we want.
* Type in the cmd (be powershell or cmd) fastboot format userdata and press enter. There will be formatted all our mobile, and restarting it will work everything.
* Restart normally and configure. Remember that the first start takes a little longer, from there, it will always light fast. In the following versions, it will NOT BE MISSING to do all this, just install without wipes and to run. I already adapt it so that I clean what I have to clean with each update EXCEPT that I expressly say something else in that UPDATE.
* Enjoy (and re-pass all data previously backed up to the internal memory).
How to install UPDATE from Epic ROM 6.X.XX / 7.X.XX
Download Epic OTA with OTA app from Settings (No MIUI Updater, use EPIC OTA!)
You can also download update manually from en.miui forum or htcmania spanish forum
Install update from Epic OTA or from TWRP Recovery manually
You don't need to wipe anything if we don't say it on update! If you have to do some special, we will let you know
7.11.16 for Xiaomi MIX 2 (Chiron)
Download ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ep...16_MrRaines_v1.5.zip/download?use_mirror=kent
Known bugs: Stable build, but Security app crashes in virus scan section, it is normal due languages update. In the next update will be fixed!
Current Status: Tested 100%; ROM Stable and TWRP by MrRaines works in all MIUI roms!!
If you like my work please consider to make me a little donation in this paypal link
Note: If you want to use Google Assistant please set as default assistant Google Aplication in settings/installed aplications/default/assistant and enable Google in home button in settings/aditional settings/buttons.
Obviously, you need to install Google App .
Follow me on Twitter: @PaulDhoul
You can see it below
Mini Video Review (in spanish hehe):
Xiaomi (and Xiaomi official developers for bring to us this amazing SO)
Xiaomi Eu Team
Epic Team Founder Members @JamFlux, @pocaropa, @MrRaines (MrTomatico on en.miui))
All MIUI DEVICE TEAM
All Admins/Mods/SMods from En.MIUI for all support
HTCManía (Spanish Forum)
Official Website: www.epicrom.pro
Enjoy and Remember: Keep loving Xiaomi!