[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

cmags

Dec 22, 2010
Lowell, MA
Having an odd issue here. Seems that (at least with the latest two nightlies), I have no mobile data on this rom. Wifi works (haven't tested long enough to see if deep sleep kills it), and of course there's no 4g, but I get no mobile data (1x or 3g) at all. Clean wipe of all user data, cache, dalvik, and system eavh time I flash. Jelly belly and provision work fine but are laggy on my phone. This seemed smooth but again can't live without data.

Anybody seen this? Any suggestions on troubleshooting ot better yet, fixing?

Thanks!

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

cmags

Dec 22, 2010
Lowell, MA
So I tested the latest release build (which is still on 4.2.1) and got 3G service... Could download email and browse the web but coudn't download anything from the Play Store. Kept timing out or giving me 404's. Wifi also wouldn't turn on so the phone was not very functional... :( Upgraded to one of the later nightlies and 3G went away.

I'm either using something different from everyone else or doing something wrong, but I don't see a bunch of messages in here that there's no connnectivity from this ROM, so there has *got* to be a version that works. Can someone tell me what nightly version they're running that has Wifi and 3G working? :confused:

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
So I tested the latest release build (which is still on 4.2.1) and got 3G service... Could download email and browse the web but coudn't download anything from the Play Store. Kept timing out or giving me 404's. Wifi also wouldn't turn on so the phone was not very functional... :( Upgraded to one of the later nightlies and 3G went away.

I'm either using something different from everyone else or doing something wrong, but I don't see a bunch of messages in here that there's no connnectivity from this ROM, so there has *got* to be a version that works. Can someone tell me what nightly version they're running that has Wifi and 3G working? :confused:

i havent used this in a while but if i can figure out and find one of the old builds i used to use ill upload it. i know there was an older version i used that ran pretty stable but be dammed if i can remember which one it was off hand.

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
considering i only use my shift on wifi (cancelled service ages ago with sprint) the latest nightly is running great on my shift. just thought id put that out there. the only thing i noticed is my phone doesnt vibrate for notifications (ie. fedbook, google voice, etc...), for anything for that matter.

TDJ512

Dec 30, 2010
I have issues with flashing these types of roms on a shift they flash and everything boots up but they always get real lagy to the point I need to reboot and it just repeats pretty much rendering running the ROM useless, maybe I'm doing something wrong, is there a step by step flash process thats preferred?

Sent from my CricKet HTC ONE

Last edited:

prestybear

Dec 12, 2012
Updates?

I am using the sift with freedompop and it is awesome. I would love for a 4.3 or 4.4 rom that 3g works and wifi. hw keyboard isn't a must but also nice. Does anyone have a rom they have up and running for shift that they love?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv nightlies & releases

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

*** Resetting this for v3.2 ***

Wifi

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

I know it's more teasing... but just letting ya'all know we've gotten a bit further. Was able to barely take a screenshot for ya'all. Nate (elginsk8r) has definitely taken this challenge and ran with it. The 3.0 kernel is what we're hoping will fix most, if not all issues that speedy currently has. Except for some of the keyboard things that I just need to sit down and fix.

Speedy-3.0-kernel-SS.png
    An update for ya'all for what p2 will have fixed.

Keyboard backlighting ( along with capacitive lights )
    Keyboard key bindings ( function and shift keys still don't light up their LED's, but we're 99% on hardware keyboard support )
    Wifi tether working
    Wimax should be working, I need testers in wimax areas. But i've got it enabling and scanning on my phone.

Spent about 5-6 hours last night trying to update the wifi chip drivers in the kernel with nothing to show for it. The end result from that was to fix wifi tether, but ended up fixing it another way.
    Yeah that's what happened... Lol easy fixes and I'm going to release p2 tonight.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
    Coincides with the Twitter then, saying "Evo 4g LTE build is up on http://dl.evervolv.com/release OG Evo and evo shift builds will have to be done tomorrow." Circa 8 hours ago, I guess that means today...

Yeah I let the builds run for all 3 devices, only the evo lte build didnt fail. I've just test-built for evo shift. Going to make sure key things work and then we'll retry the release builds again. Don't hold me to it but, but figure an our or so? Builds only take about 5 mins per device, but give me room for errors.