• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]EVO-NonSense(UPDATED 1/22-Gingerbread Elements,OTA 3.70.651.1

Search This thread

Nesiop

Mar 19, 2009
Minieod, or anyone else.

Are you saying after you reflash again.... And then run Tit. Backup to restore all your apps and data and such, that it acted as if you never reflashed/deleted everything AND that all those apps show back up in the Market on the APPS page, so that you can easily update them again?

I know from the past, things like MyBackup Pro would install all my apps but they DID NOT show up on the Apps page even though they are installed, then if I find an app on the market that I have installed it would say something like "free" but when I go to DL it, it would then say you are replacing XXX.XX version with XXX.XXXX version as if it was installed. So that makes a slight issue because I would never get prompt for an update of new apps unless I manually did that with each app to get it to appear in the market.

Bump......

Jester123

Sep 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hey I noticed a few issues I had.

First I did a full wipe, even formated my SD card before placing the install zip onto my sd card.

So my issues are the lock screen settings app will force close upon restart. Also whenever I use qik and try to click on video chat, it also FCs.

Was wondering if their is a fix for either of these. Specifically the lock screen app

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Minieod, or anyone else.

Are you saying after you reflash again.... And then run Tit. Backup to restore all your apps and data and such, that it acted as if you never reflashed/deleted everything AND that all those apps show back up in the Market on the APPS page, so that you can easily update them again?

I know from the past, things like MyBackup Pro would install all my apps but they DID NOT show up on the Apps page even though they are installed, then if I find an app on the market that I have installed it would say something like "free" but when I go to DL it, it would then say you are replacing XXX.XX version with XXX.XXXX version as if it was installed. So that makes a slight issue because I would never get prompt for an update of new apps unless I manually did that with each app to get it to appear in the market.

yeah...after i wipe the system, and flash a new rom, i load it up and sign into my gmail to set up settings

next step i launch market, then i download tit. backup...

next step i run titanium (after selecting unknown sources in application settings and "problems?" in tit menu) --- i run backup/restore tab, then batch, then "restore all missing apps and system data" (i only do this if i am going between the same rom but new versions

if i switch between roms then i run "restore missing apps" but not system data..

after i do this i have no problems with the market or anything

Reactions: Nesiop

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
any new updates coming ?? i cant think of wah id like to see lol im just curious

I working on a AOSP Gingerbread version of this ROM. Hopefully I'll have it ready soon.

Hey I noticed a few issues I had.

First I did a full wipe, even formated my SD card before placing the install zip onto my sd card.

So my issues are the lock screen settings app will force close upon restart. Also whenever I use qik and try to click on video chat, it also FCs.

Was wondering if their is a fix for either of these. Specifically the lock screen app

As for the QIK app, try unistalling it and reinstall from the market. I never had any issues with the lockscreen app. Is it force closing after you set a certain configuration or all the configurations?

Is a full wipe still required to go from 4.2 to 4.3?

Yes. You should wipe because the there are framework and apk changes.

Jester123

Sep 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I working on a AOSP Gingerbread version of this ROM. Hopefully I'll have it ready soon.

As for the QIK app, try unistalling it and reinstall from the market. I never had any issues with the lockscreen app. Is it force closing after you set a certain configuration or all the configurations?

Yes. You should wipe because the there are framework and apk changes.

Okay so uninstalling and re installing qik worked. As far as the lock screen app it would FC after I turned on mess and phone access on the lock screen and then restart my phone. I deleted it and restored it with titanium and it seems to work fine now. gremlins?

Thanks for the quick reply

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I'm really happy with this ROM. And I think I need to let the battery cycle a few days to settle down. But does anyone have any modest recommendations to improve battery. The Stock ROM battery was running fine for me and I would expect this ROM to be pretty much the same. Same Kernel and same Radio and similar settings.

I already tried Calkulun's ROM and it was too unstable. I'd like to stick with Stock Kernels.

Does falling back to PRI 1.77 really help?

I already have backlight very low and Push mail off.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Okay so uninstalling and re installing qik worked. As far as the lock screen app it would FC after I turned on mess and phone access on the lock screen and then restart my phone. I deleted it and restored it with titanium and it seems to work fine now. gremlins?

Thanks for the quick reply

Good. glad everything is working for you now.

I'm really happy with this ROM. And I think I need to let the battery cycle a few days to settle down. But does anyone have any modest recommendations to improve battery. The Stock ROM battery was running fine for me and I would expect this ROM to be pretty much the same. Same Kernel and same Radio and similar settings.

I already tried Calkulun's ROM and it was too unstable. I'd like to stick with Stock Kernels.

Does falling back to PRI 1.77 really help?

I already have backlight very low and Push mail off.

Thanks. You can try the PRI 1.77. When I did that, MMS stop working. I say test a few kernels to see which works best with your phone.

Burt Reynolds

Jul 13, 2010
Kernel question

Anyone have any favorites? I've been running this ROM for months now, don't see any reason to switch. But I am starting to experiment with different kernels.

I'm currently using the SBC kernel #15, which gives great battery life, but...

I had read about Ziggys kernels (BFS & CFS), which include the SD card reader fix. They also appear to increase the WiMax (4G) speeds significantly. But they prove to be unstable.

And that's as far as I've gone so far. I'm willing to try more options until I find the perfect match, but others experiences could help.

I'm also not certain where to DL TJ's original kernel included with the ROM. Any pointers.

Thanks,
BR

njgill05

Nov 5, 2007
Anyone have any favorites? I've been running this ROM for months now, don't see any reason to switch. But I am starting to experiment with different kernels.

I'm currently using the SBC kernel #15, which gives great battery life, but...

I had read about Ziggys kernels (BFS & CFS), which include the SD card reader fix. They also appear to increase the WiMax (4G) speeds significantly. But they prove to be unstable.

And that's as far as I've gone so far. I'm willing to try more options until I find the perfect match, but others experiences could help.

I'm also not certain where to DL TJ's original kernel included with the ROM. Any pointers.

Thanks,
BR

What are the downsides to the SBC Kernal #15? I'm desperate for a fix on my battery life, I love this ROM but even keeping it plugged in while streaming pandora or anything it just drains itself dry at a visible rate.

Burt Reynolds

Jul 13, 2010
What are the downsides to the SBC Kernal #15? I'm desperate for a fix on my battery life, I love this ROM but even keeping it plugged in while streaming pandora or anything it just drains itself dry at a visible rate.

That kernel is, effectively, a trickle charger. According to those familiar with battery technology, keeping a Li Ion battery on a trickle charger runs the risk of damaging your battery, perhaps leading to overheating and/or explosion. I have no reason to doubt that information, but it doesn't/hasn't seemed to happen to too many people.

Frankly, if I had heard that information BEFORE I'd tried the kernel, there's no way I would have tried it. But I've been using it for 3-4 weeks already, seemingly with no ill effects, so I'm not sweating it.

Oh, and if you're keeping it plugged into a computer USB port with everything running, it will suck too much juice. That's not a kernel issue. Computer USB ports only output roughly half the amperage the wall charger does.

Last edited:

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Thanks. You can try the PRI 1.77. When I did that, MMS stop working. I say test a few kernels to see which works best with your phone.

I tried that with another ROM and it did some strange stuff that I was not sure if was directly related to PRI 1.77 or not. But if you say MMS broke I stay away.

I swear having % Battery level plays games with your head that battery life seems worse when you see more detail.

Standby seems ok.

It does seem to use battery fast while awake but again having the % value may be playing games with my head and it may not be that bad. I'll be happy if it's as good as Stock.

I hope to see more tweaking.

cjn14

Feb 4, 2008
Downloaded 4.3.1 but got 4.2?

I had the same thing? Thought I installed 4.3.1 but software says 4.2.

Also, how do you get the lockscreen with the four sliders?

BTW, great ROM either way! :D

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! Based off of OTA 2.2 Sprint 3.70.651.1 Release

Thanks to Toast, Flipz,XxVirusxX, Avalaunchmods, Myn, Calkulin, json, JsChiSurf, Preludedrew and all the devs out there.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVONonsense4.3.1(mirror)
    EvoNonsense4.3.1(Apps2sd) (mirror)

*A full wipe is required.

snap20101207_055752-1.png
    snap20101207_055107.png
    snap20101207_062113.png
    snap20101207_055122.png
    device11.png
    device12.png
    device13.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1/22
    *Fixed Swype
    *Fixed YouTube
    *Added Gingerbread without battery percentage option

UPDATE 1/21
    *Added JsChiSurf's lockscreen mod
    *More Gingerbread elements
    *New Miui Music app from lastest release
    *Changed icons in the power controls in the notification bar to the icons from the EPIC 4G
    *Optimized more apks
    *Themed market app from Virus Z port
    *Updated Epic theme

Whats Included
    *HTC kernel HTC kernel 2.6.32.17 #15
    *Galaxy S TouchWiz launcher
    *Gingerbread 2.3 themed Stock Launcher from Htc G2
    *ADW Launcher
    *AOSP Calculator
    *Added JsChiSurf's lockscreen mod
    *More Gingerbread elements
    *New Miui Music app from lastest release
    *Changed icons in the power controls in the notification bar to the icons from the EPIC 4G
    *Themed market app from Virus Z port
    *Power Widget in the Notification Dropdown(4G toggle included- Thanks JsChiSurf for your hard work)
    *Battery Percentage
    *Spare Parts
    *AOSP Email
    *Added Busybox
    *AOSP Messaging app
    *Gingerbread 2.3 themed Contacts.apk(In-call screen is still Sense)
    *Gallery 3D
    *Reboot options via long power button press (normal, recovery, bootloader)
    *Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard
    *Swype Keyboard
    *AOSP Browser
    *DSP Manager
    *New Music app from MIUI(from current release)
    *Zegoe font pack
    *ROM Manager
    *Wired Tether(included)
    *Unlocked Sprint Hotspot
    *Updated Sprint Voicemail app
    *Titanium Backup
    *AOSP ringtones and notifications
    *AOSP Clock/Alarm
    *Google Car Panel app
    *Google Goggles
    *Stock Google AOSP boot screen
    *Updated App2sd(Must have your SD card partitioned)
    *All apk's are ZipAligned on boot
    ***To edit the icons on the Galaxy S launcher go to Applications then click Menu and then you can drag whatever you want down to the bottom***
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *EXTRAS/ADD-ONS

*AOSP Font

*Lockscreen with arrow sliders(from previous versions)

*Gingerbread taskbar with battery percentage

*Gingerbread battery without battery percentage

*Custom Boot Animations(Thanks SamJamz!!)

*DroidX theme
    *Adds all notications,ringtones, and alarms from
    the DroidX dump(converted to mp3)
    *DroidX bootanimation

*Epic Theme
    *Adds Settings icons from Samsung Galaxy Tab
    *Adds blue to the dialog boxes, etc
    *Adds Epic Wallpapers(The additional wallpapers will be installed onto your sdcard
    *Adds Epic icons:Contacts, Browser, Email, Gallery3D, Market, VoiceSearch, and YouTube
    snap20101209_003151.png
    snap20101209_003437.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO EVERYONE THAT DONATED!!!!

Thanks Thread Nazi.......... "NO thread for U!"

I guess you just ignored the part where I asked a question, and just wanted to be the first idiot to complain about where i posted my question. We aren't all Senior Member OPs, we come to this forum for answers and info. So next time, say something USEFUL..... if you are capable, you've been here 4 years and received only 32 thanks. ;)

This is my ROM. I'm not being a "THREAD NAZI". This is a Sprint Sense based Rom, not AOSP. Its clearly stated on the OP. To answer your question, 4G, wifi, both cameras, etc, etc, etc, all works just fine. If I misunderstood your post, then I apologize, but don't be so sore in the booty. I am always willing to help if I can.
    This ROM seems really nice especially with all the AOSP and Gingerbread elements but from what I'm reading there seems to be a lot of basic issues like malfunctioning wifi. So I may try it out but I'm probably going back to my ROM after I give it a runthrough.

Give me little time. I'm testing the update now
    Trying to get back to this Rom but either the zip doesn't download or it won't install in recovery. Any suggestions?

Sent from my 4.3 inches of awesome!

The update will be up tonight
    Update!! Fixed Google Apps. They now update with no problem