[ROM]EVO-NonSense(UPDATED 7/15)OTA 1.47.651.1 JIT,Apps2SD Avail.DroidX theme(updated)

Search This thread

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Awesome, Titanium Backup works in the latest build!

But is anyone able to connect to 4G? Whenever I try to connect I get disconnected immediately after it tries to acquire an IP address.

Skitzi

Nov 30, 2008
I haven't seen that error with the contacts app, but keep receiving it wen attempting to set up an exchange account in the mail app. Going to flash again and see what happens.

Full wipe and a re-flash, same errors in the messaging app and when selecting the Scenes option in the settings menu.

Really looking forward to using this rom.

rustyman14

Jun 12, 2008
With the 6/14 update do you have to wipe???

For people having the problem with not being able to get to the drop down menu to mount your sd card.. You can Use Web Sharing as a go around till he gets it fixed..

itsallsubliminal

Nov 20, 2007
Always been a fan of the K.I.S.S concept, Keep.It.Simple.Stupid and this is exactly what OP has done. No need to fancy it up and give everyone their "options". 99% of us here are power users who know what we like and what we don't like, and we also know how to install/backup our apps so that we don't spend all that time reloading. These are the ROMs I tend to stick with, minimalistic and stable. Overclock in the future, once camera n all works, obviously wouldn't hurt tho :D

but so far, this ROM is pretty solid.

I did get only ONE FC for messaging and a FC after i rebooted the device(only happened once and can't remember what it is)

I personally removed the contacts.apk from the rom-zip because we were told it wouldn't launch from the icon, and i just need my contacts, i could careless for asop style honestly, tho i prefer the asop sms over htc's.

MMS works like a charm from sending and recieving between Evo n iPhone and Evo n Hero. I'm assuming i should have no problems in the future.

The power button fix should be first on the list, followed by someway to be able to snooze the alarm with this lockscreen. Maybe removing World clock apk will solve this? Dunno, still gotta get the asop apk.

Titanium backup is working like a charm.

As the day goes on, i'll keep an eye on my battery.

All-in-All, Great ROM, thanks for the hard work OP and I DEFINITELY look forward to future updates.

Last edited:

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
Always been a fan of the K.I.S.S concept, Keep.It.Simple.Stupid and this is exactly what OP has done. No need to fancy it up and give everyone their "options". 99% of us here are power users who know what we like and what we don't like, and we also know how to install/backup our apps so that we don't spend all that time reloading. .

lord, if only that were true, lol...

i'd say you'd be being generous to say about 10-20%, judging by the questions, threads, and whatnot that i've seen.. :p

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
Another issue :D

When you plug your phone to charge and unplug, the phone keeps showing that it is charging when it is not, and the orange LED light wont go off unless you do a manual reboot.

Skitzi

Nov 30, 2008
Full wipe and a re-flash, same errors in the messaging app and when selecting the Scenes option in the settings menu.

Really looking forward to using this rom.

Running the fix permissions from Rom Manager did not resolve the force close issues in the messaging app or the scenes settings. Not sure if I am the only person having this issue (flashed twice now). If so should layout my steps and see if someone can tell me what I did wrong? I have flashed a number of other roms and am not technology inept or anything (server admin and perl scripter).

ty

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Awesome, Titanium Backup works in the latest build!

But is anyone able to connect to 4G? Whenever I try to connect I get disconnected immediately after it tries to acquire an IP address.

have you updated to the latest Radio?

Yeah, got the latest radio. It actually is connecting now and I am getting an IP, but can't access anything (just get server not found). Guessing it is an issue with routing tables. I know it isn't hardware because I've flashed back to stock ROM and 4G works fine.

At work right now so I might try it again and look into it more tonight, but it's hard to do since I have very patchy 4G at home.

EDIT: Looks like this was an issue in Fresh 0.1 as well. flipz posted a patch for it, which you can get and flash from here: http://bugs.geekfor.me/view.php?id=24

From what I can tell from the update script it looks like it was a permissions issue caused by rooting. Just glad to have 4G working now, thanks all!

Last edited:

mastermayhm

Nov 16, 2007
anyway to make the text in the notification bar black?

its very hard to read it in white

^agreed.

love this rom is there anyway to still syn facebook with contacts.

^I would like this too only because of the pictures that are attached to the contacts...i could care less about the facebook updates though haha

Looks like I can't receive mms, I just get a blank message. sending works ok.

I noticed this as well.

4. Finally no drop down for usb mode! even if i go to connect to PC and make disk drive as default then connect...the computer still doesnt see the phone

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ROM ITS BADASS!!!

Last edited:

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Updated the first post with Power button and Usb Fix. As far as you guys having issues with MMS, I am looking into it. Its weird because Im not having a problem sending or receiving.

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
Updated the first post with Power button and Usb Fix. As far as you guys having issues with MMS, I am looking into it. Its weird because Im not having a problem sending or receiving.

Thanks for the update. Now that you worked out the Power issue, do you think you can apply those battery tweaks from Damage on this ROM. I used this ROM but unfor... had to switch cuz it was draining my battery too fast.

I also noticed another issue when connecting the phone to charge. Sometimes after you do that, and then unplug it, the charging icon continues to show that it is charging and the orange LED light keeps on. To fix this, I simply rebooted my phone.

Either way, I like your style, quite unique. Keep up the good work. :)

Additional, perhaps you can work this out. I came from a hero, and at some point I used Darch projects (Darchdroid). Do you think you can add that nice N1 that was in the Darch project with the dialer buttons. See Screenshot :D

Attachments

• Google-Nexus-One-Google-Voice-calling-screen.jpg
    Google-Nexus-One-Google-Voice-calling-screen.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 27

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Thanks for the update. Now that you worked out the Power issue, do you think you can apply those battery tweaks from Damage on this ROM. I used this ROM but unfor... had to switch cuz it was draining my battery too fast.

I also noticed another issue when connecting the phone to charge. Sometimes after you do that, and then unplug it, the charging icon continues to show that it is charging and the orange LED light keeps on. To fix this, I simply rebooted my phone.

Either way, I like your style, quite unique. Keep up the good work. :)

Additional, perhaps you can work this out. I came from a hero, and at some point I used Darch projects (Darchdroid). Do you think you can add that nice N1 that was in the Darch project with the dialer buttons. See Screenshot :D

thanks. Yeah I work on those things