[ROM][EXCLUSIVE?][LINEAGE] Mint-OS - Lineage with extra Mint

Search This thread

nift4

May 22, 2019
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Sweet. I had some other issues once I switched to the Mint 2 build, the big ones are in SqueezeCtrl (network error of some type and scroll acting like click n drag). And I also liked the longer battery.

So, what the deal with these builds… clean or dirty? Will they all be getting updates? How "beta" is Mint3?

Cheers.
Clean ;)
I attempt to keep them updated for a bit.
Pretty usable, but has it's quirks. Check the public beta post.

Reactions: Horrible Username

oldfone

Nov 12, 2020
Moto E 2015
Moto G5
I installed 17.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-Mint-v2.1-GApps-cedric a couple of days ago and have the problem again that the torch and camera no longer work. In the past this has usually resolved itself after a reboot. Is there anything particularly different about this version which might be causing the issue?

oldfone

Nov 12, 2020
Moto E 2015
Moto G5
I installed 17.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-Mint-v2.1-GApps-cedric a couple of days ago and have the problem again that the torch and camera no longer work. In the past this has usually resolved itself after a reboot. Is there anything particularly different about this version which might be causing the issue?
After installing 17.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-Mint-v2.1-GApps-cedric plus an extra reboot, the camera is working again. So I am not sure whether the problem was solved by the new version or just the additional number of reboots :/

alxsj

Feb 25, 2021
Updating should work, but I guess a clean install would be your best option.
I encounter the same problem : I loose mobile data on both SIM cards each time I update the ROM and have the same problem with the official LineageOS ROM.
The only way I could solve the issue for now was to do clean installs and reinstall everything. Does anyone have a solution to restore mobile data without wiping everything ?

nift4

May 22, 2019
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
I encounter the same problem : I loose mobile data on both SIM cards each time I update the ROM and have the same problem with the official LineageOS ROM.
The only way I could solve the issue for now was to do clean installs and reinstall everything. Does anyone have a solution to restore mobile data without wiping everything ?
If it happens with official Lineage, Mint inherited the bug from it and it's best to report it to LineageOS (using an official build).

krasmus

Apr 28, 2021
same problem for me, but a reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik + cache solves it in my case.
nevertheless I reported the issue to official lineageOS https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3404

krasmus

Apr 28, 2021
with the newest twrp the ota udate not crashes the mobile data.
now I have twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cedric.img from 2021-04-25 befor I was on twrp-3.5.0_9-0
so i closed the issue

alxsj

Feb 25, 2021
with the newest twrp the ota udate not crashes the mobile data.
now I have twrp-3.5.2_9-0-cedric.img from 2021-04-25 befor I was on twrp-3.5.0_9-0
so i closed the issue
I tried the latest TWRP (3.5.2_9-0) and next updated to latest OTA update (29/4) but I have the same issue again... I tried to reboot and reset wifi/network/bluetooth and to clear dalvik cache but the problems is still there...

alxsj

Feb 25, 2021
I tried the latest TWRP (3.5.2_9-0) and next updated to latest OTA update (29/4) but I have the same issue again... I tried to reboot and reset wifi/network/bluetooth and to clear dalvik cache but the problems is still there...
I commented on you bug report but maybe I need to open a new issue ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rsz-httpspct3apct2fpct2fgithubcompct2fnift4pct2fmint-ospct2frawpct2fmasterpct2ficon.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction
    Lineage with extra Mint - My personal fork of LineageOS with tweaks that will never go into offical Lineage

Features
    • November security patch
    • SafetyNet passing by default
    • OTA updates
    • Ultra-smooth Android Runtime by @m_vaisakh
    • Optimized kernel by OmegaPrimus
    • Android Keyboard Gadget
    • Automated nightly builds by @kiam001
    • Call recording for everyone
    • All Lineage features
    • Based on Jarl's device tree with the camera fix

Download

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    [user=6982924]@m_vaisakh[/user] - Optimizations & helping me
    [user=5982915]@CodeZero[/user] - Device tree
    @Jarl-Penguin - Device tree
    @kiam001 - Building and helping me
    nonesovile96, OmegaPrimus - Testing
    ...and everyone else who helped!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Mint-OS, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    nift4, kiam001, @m_vaisakh, @CodeZero and everyone else that helped too of course!
    Source Code: https://github.com/nift4/Mint-OS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo Stock
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Nightly
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17

Created 2020-05-20
    Last Updated 2020-12-17
    Btw, I am currently working on Mint OS 3.0, based on Android 11. As usual thanks to @JarlPenguin for the device tree'n'stuff.
    we appear to have our first official build today!

congrats to all devs and thank you for all the hard work, time and effort you guys have put in!
    Just keep in mind it doesn't have the Mint tweaks ;)
    Mint 2.1 is here!

- Added GApps variant - never struggle with installing GApps again (currently never built tho)
    - Added Face Unlock :)
    - Many internal changes
    - Fixed recovery showing google/walleye instead of motorola/cedric while installing
    Changelog
    Code:
    [new] December security patch
    [new] Face Unlock
    [new] OPTIONAL GApps variant (first build with Gapps coming soon)
    [new] Using better build system
    [fixed] SafetyNet
    Older changelogs:

Code:
    [new] November security patch
    [new] Updated blobs
    [new] New device tree
    [fixed] Android Keyboard Gadget on SELinux Enfocing
    [fixed] Camera issues
    [bug!] No SafetyNet & ARCore
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-08-10
    [new] ARCore
    [new] August security patch
    Code:
    July update
    [fixed] ART Patch (the extra smoothness)
    [new] July security patch
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-06-12
    [new] June Security Patch
    [fixed] Wfd
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-05-20
    [new] Highly optimized kernel
    [fixed] Sqashed some bugs
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone