[ROM][DISCONTINUED][A10] Mint-OS - Lineage with extra Mint

Search This thread

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
Back to the Open Camera issue I was having…
I changed the image format from PNG to JPG (100%) and now it doesn't have the huge save lag. Any idea why using PNG was causing problems? Seems to me like the hardware should easily handle it.

Cheers
Ah, that is an important point. The Android Camera2 API only spits out RAW and JPEG, everything else needs to be converted. (Camera1 only does JPEG)

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
I tried to get logs both from adb logcat and adb shell 'su -c dmesg -w'. However at the time of crash no log is generated. The phone completely freezes before resetting. Is there any way to access latest dmesg in android?

Edit found it: It seems like we have a kernel crash! The contents of /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0 is attached.

Edit2: I skimmed the kernel sources in https://github.com/Mint-OS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953/blob/lineage-17.1/fs/sdfat/sdfat.c. It seems like something sets the read/write bit of bio to 0 i.e. bio_data_dir(bio) == bio->bio_rw == 0 which causes the assertion to fail. The stack trace looks like that it is indeed a write request so something has really gone wrong.
Wow, great debugging. First of all, you want console-ramoops-0 instead, it is more verbose (it contains everything what an dmesg would say, plus the error; thought, in this case, it isn't important). About your second edit: Jarl recently updated sdfat from an google pixel device, this is when the bug came, probably. I'll get this to his attention.

Reactions: saldor

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
I tried to get logs both from adb logcat and adb shell 'su -c dmesg -w'. However at the time of crash no log is generated. The phone completely freezes before resetting. Is there any way to access latest dmesg in android?

Edit found it: It seems like we have a kernel crash! The contents of /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0 is attached.

Edit2: I skimmed the kernel sources in https://github.com/Mint-OS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953/blob/lineage-17.1/fs/sdfat/sdfat.c. It seems like something sets the read/write bit of bio to 0 i.e. bio_data_dir(bio) == bio->bio_rw == 0 which causes the assertion to fail. The stack trace looks like that it is indeed a write request so something has really gone wrong.
Jarl rejects all bug reports not on the official builds (if you didn't hear the news, we're official). This means when the first build comes (there is none yet), you'll need to clean flash it, reproduce the bug and post it on the LineageOS bug tracker. This is very inconvient but I can't change that. I am not skilled enough to fix the kernel.

Update: Jarl said he may investigate. I'll keep you updated.

eboelens

Jul 17, 2013
lier
ASUS ZenFone 8
Problem with security ?
I recently can't get this app working anymore.(I can install it, run it , and then it gives an error)
Are there people from BeNeLux with this problem?
something with security?
my bank app works, payconique / bancontact is a payment method in the benelux

1 G5 with Magisk , 1 Without Magisk

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Problem with security ?
I recently can't get this app working anymore.(I can install it, run it , and then it gives an error)
Are there people from BeNeLux with this problem?
something with security?
my bank app works, payconique / bancontact is a payment method in the benelux

1 G5 with Magisk , 1 Without Magisk
Have you hidden magisk manager with a random package name in magisk manager settings?
Have you hidden the app that won't run with magisk hide?
Does your phone pass cts profile?

Reactions: eboelens

eboelens

Jul 17, 2013
lier
ASUS ZenFone 8
can I post a topic here?
I keep having complaints about the quality of the phone call. The other side hears me very badly. When I put on hand sfree they hear me well.
Is that with you too? Maybe not.
What can I do about this please?
do you have any tips?

UrsEnov8

Feb 3, 2021
Am I the only one who is experiencing a much higher battery drain, or am I the only one who cares?

With a clean flashed CodeZero build I get about 7 to 10 days worth of idle use out of my phone. Meanwhile this and the official build that I've now tried would only get me 3 to 4 days. We're talking about ~5%/24h vs ~5%/6h difference!

Right now I am letting GSam battery monitor observe the official build. Though, for now I am lacking some reference data from a CodeZero build to really compare it with. The performance profile is set to power saving, btw.

walkind

Jun 8, 2018
You are not the only one.
With Mint in december I had nearly three days battery time with normal use.
With the last built I have to reload every day.
Actually my phone is 3 hours from loading, no phone call and 2 minutes display time and I am at 85%.

Zweistein82

Dec 14, 2010
Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing this issue: since the last Update mobile data isn't functioning any more :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mint has come to an end. See my posts later in this thread. Original OP in the spoiler below.
    rsz-httpspct3apct2fpct2fgithubcompct2fnift4pct2fmint-ospct2frawpct2fmasterpct2ficon.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction
    Lineage with extra Mint - My personal fork of LineageOS with tweaks that will never go into offical Lineage

Features
    • November security patch
    • SafetyNet passing by default
    • OTA updates
    • Ultra-smooth Android Runtime by @m_vaisakh
    • Optimized kernel by OmegaPrimus
    • Android Keyboard Gadget
    • Automated nightly builds by @kiam001
    • Call recording for everyone
    • All Lineage features
    • Based on Jarl's device tree with the camera fix

Download

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    [user=6982924]@m_vaisakh[/user] - Optimizations & helping me
    [user=5982915]@CodeZero[/user] - Device tree
    @Jarl-Penguin - Device tree
    @kiam001 - Building and helping me
    nonesovile96, OmegaPrimus - Testing
    ...and everyone else who helped!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Mint-OS, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    nift4, kiam001, @m_vaisakh, @CodeZero and everyone else that helped too of course!
    Source Code: https://github.com/nift4/Mint-OS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo Stock
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Nightly
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17

Created 2020-05-20
    Last Updated 2020-12-17
    Btw, I am currently working on Mint OS 3.0, based on Android 11. As usual thanks to @JarlPenguin for the device tree'n'stuff.
    we appear to have our first official build today!

congrats to all devs and thank you for all the hard work, time and effort you guys have put in!
    Just keep in mind it doesn't have the Mint tweaks ;)
    Mint 2.1 is here!

- Added GApps variant - never struggle with installing GApps again (currently never built tho)
    - Added Face Unlock :)
    - Many internal changes
    - Fixed recovery showing google/walleye instead of motorola/cedric while installing
    Changelog
    Code:
    [new] December security patch
    [new] Face Unlock
    [new] OPTIONAL GApps variant (first build with Gapps coming soon)
    [new] Using better build system
    [fixed] SafetyNet
    Older changelogs:

Code:
    [new] November security patch
    [new] Updated blobs
    [new] New device tree
    [fixed] Android Keyboard Gadget on SELinux Enfocing
    [fixed] Camera issues
    [bug!] No SafetyNet & ARCore
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-08-10
    [new] ARCore
    [new] August security patch
    Code:
    July update
    [fixed] ART Patch (the extra smoothness)
    [new] July security patch
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-06-12
    [new] June Security Patch
    [fixed] Wfd
    Code:
    Changelog: 2020-05-20
    [new] Highly optimized kernel
    [fixed] Sqashed some bugs