[ROM][EXODUS][7.1.2] [Kenzo/Kate] Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon

Search This thread

mukintaras

May 28, 2012
Updated with latest build
Nothing new with features but more stable & smooth performance
Please test and confirm how it went for you guys :)
Installed this ROM after another one (with full wipe of everything) -- and a lot of settings did not restore. Keyboard settings, wifi settings, QS tiles order, sound settings -- basically nothing. Maybe this is connected to a bug of needing to press back when restoring settings from previous device?

mooms

Nov 21, 2013
France
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
at this stage of development you don't have to look for features, especially if you're coming from RR which is a collection of features.
I've spent some times on MM version, it was simply faster and battery backup was better than any other rom I tried. I've been on N version for a few days and well, the story is the same.
It's a matter of pesonal taste, but if you look for stability and performance no doubt, this one in a top level ROM.

I'm on RR 5.7.4 (MM), and I'm looking for a Nougat ROM with enough features, but not bloated, RR is excellent, but it have some features I don't use, hence my question, and you don't have answered what features this ROM have compared to LineageOS (less? more?).

mukintaras

May 28, 2012
Sometimes BT is randomly disconnecting from my headphones and connecting it back sometimes requires rebooting

ktommy91

Oct 23, 2012
@RajaMu
Hello!
I found an issue, Viper for ARISE 2.5.0.4 not working. I use ARISE+Magnum+Opus+20170506 with the same modules on every ROM, so its ROM issue. Btw Aptx is working fine and its one of the smoothest ROMs.

talkaboom

Jun 10, 2016
New Delhi
@RajaMu
Hello!
I found an issue, Viper for ARISE 2.5.0.4 not working. I use ARISE+Magnum+Opus+20170506 with the same modules on every ROM, so its ROM issue. Btw Aptx is working fine and its one of the smoothest ROMs.

Mine is working fine.

Some of the arise settings seem incompatible with the kenzo right now. First off, ensure viper has storage permissions. Next try switching to permissive, especially if you are using dolby. Latest SuperSU broke Dirac. Make sure you do not enable it (If you use magisk, I have no Idea how to use it). Finally, from my experience, ICE module 4 no longer works on the kenzo, no matter what profile you choose after. I have not tried module 5 and 6. Can confirm that module 2 works with all ICE profiles.
OFC, if you use Poweramp, ensure that BT audio and DVC are off. If trying to output to a BT speaker, make sure it is still off. When you use a player that supports USB audio output like USB player, check for audio routing options.

Also follow the arise troubleshooting steps in the Arise thread OP. dumpsys and log can help you zero in on the error.

I know I cant live without Arise. Any rom where it wont work is an instant "Nope" for me. But Exodus is not one of them. Try these steps and Arise may just start working. Good luck.

Reactions: ktommy91

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
I'm thinking of purchasing a redmi note 3 pro and installing Exodus but wanted to know if lte will work with my carrier I am on at&t?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ABOUT:
    Exodus Android 7.1.2 :angel:

INSTALLATION:
    • Take necessary backups
    • Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
    • Download EXODUS-7.1 rom zip & 64 bit Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe (dalvik, cache, system, data if you are coming from other Rom)**
    • Flash the Exodus rom zip
    • Flash the Gapps**
    • Reboot to System

We recommend using our stock (preinstalled) kernel for best results and usage of all features!

Please note : we are not responsible for your bricked or damaged phones , so kindly flash on your own risk !

-> No OTA Inbuilt as of now.
    -> No heavy customization
    -> Don't expect too frequent builds :p
    -> No need of firmware.
    -> Simple and Targeted towards stability for day to day use.
    :cool:

Rom Download links:
    Exodus build:
    GApps:
    • Any 7.1 Gapps of your choice

Key Features
    1. Support for Substratum Rootless
    2. Enforcing kernel for better security
    3. Snapdragon apps for better system usage
    4. Customization on Statusbar
    5. Power menu customizations
    6. VoLTE support
    7. optimized for performance
    8. Less feature less battery drain, you will get to know once u start using for a while.
    9. you can mention in replies thanks for using EXODUS ANDROID.

----- Advanced Developers/Users Section----

Kernel source:
    Exodus gerrit code review:

COMMUNITY
    For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

CREDITS:
    Special thanks to Exodus Testing Group on Telegram
    Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Android team.
    Please see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

SUPPORT/DONATION:
    If like support our server costs or device cost please donate in following paypal id:
    Raja. M (Senior Technical Lead / Project Owner) >> Click Here
    Primedirective (Team Lead / Project Owner ) >> Click Here

-- Team ExodusAndroid

XDA:DevDB Information
    ExodusAndroid, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    RajaMu, RajaMu, Primedirective, All Android Developers :)
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamExodus

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: No
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-05-11
    Last Updated 2017-05-14
    Hey guys latest build uploaded to AFH

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=179423

This build will bring in following features
    1. Launcher3 icon change option
    2. Search bar turn off
    3. if any one noticed or not google now integration on left swipe
    4. performance improvements
    5. HDR time reduced
    6. ok dont worry snap camera experiment. will be restored to stock soon. meanwhile enjoy with new camera
    7. Battery improvements, please let me know if you guys see any battery improvements.
    8. Apps scroll improvements.
    9. faster fps unlock :p

ENJOY guys !

btw one kenzo user donated me $'s .. ! glad you made my day .. Thanks a lot
    Updated with latest build

Nothing new with features but more stable & smooth performance

Please test and confirm how it went for you guys :)
    Never faced this issue

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Sure?
    Download latest and check !

- fixed roaming icon on status bar
    - fixed roaming icon on quick status
    - data type display upon internet used
    - removed temp data activity arrows on mobile signals
    - latest release caf updated