[ROM][EXPERIMENTAL][7.1.1][Z3C][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 14.1[2017/01/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5746995

N8lQFC5.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads

What works?
  • Wi-Fi
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
  • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
  • Video (playback)
  • Audio (playback & recording)
  • GPS
  • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
  • Systemsounds are too loud (the soundlevel of systemsounds couldn’t be influenced by any of the loudnesssliders) - device related
  • Music can't be adjusted by EQ - device related
  • Vibration intensity can't be adjusted - device related
  • Touch focus doesn't work properly (until we get new blobs) - device related
  • Focus via Sony’s hardware (Cam) - Button doesn’t work - device related
  • Video recording- device related
  • Show weather on the status bar doesn’t work - CM related
  • NFC - device related
  • Random reboots while charging - device related
  • No Swipe (keyboard) - CM related
  • On Lockscreen there is only the actual weather displayed without location name and without icons - CM related
  • FLAC files could not be played - CM related
  • Problems with Bluetooth - device related
  • Theme engine is missing - CM related

Installation Instructions
  • Make a backup!
  • Unlock bootloader
  • Install the latest TWRP Recovery
  • Download the ROM and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
  • Flash the ROM and then GApps
  • Reboot your phone
  • Enjoy!

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

OTA Updates:
  • Recommended recovery: TWRP

Changelog
Code:
20161206: 
- Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
doriandiaconu
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-27

Created 2016-12-08
Last Updated 2017-01-06

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
First!

Nice one @doriandiaconu Will get testing today!

In call volume is fixed and other user experiences echo
video recording isn't functional but preview works

Also i noticed in your aries tree that you still have egl.cfg which is deprecated now :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5746995

Thanks!

It seems I misplaced the thread. I'll ask one of the admins to move it.

Reactions: op3n

veti

May 12, 2015
am i correct in assuming that you will get the fisheye effect on the camera with this?

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
downloading right now - will give it a try :) and report...

@doriandiaconu OK here is my first impression:

The ROM starts without probs - i even don't have to adjust the updater script :good:
Cam starts without forceclosing - but this could be not valid for the whole time - but for now it works - the foto i have taken has still little problems with autofocus - but for now not bad

* Equalizer for Music seems not to work - there is no difference in sound while applying different presets.
* Though weather for statusbar could be selected there is no weather to be seen - the same could be said for weather on the lockscreen simply not there - i installed Yahoo CM weather Provider - but the service couldn't even accept a given location ???
* System sounds could not be adjusted - they are very loud for now - but maybe there is a hidden feature to adjust...
* NFC could not be activated - the field is insensitiv

THX for this build

Update:

Weather seems to work now - maybe some time was needed for an update - on Lockscreen Weather could be seen, but Music on lockscreen has to be deactivated

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 2,478
Last edited:

Robot76

Aug 26, 2015
Sony Xperia 1
[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Downloading now...
Hmmm, my new home...

First!

Nice one @doriandiaconu Will get testing today!

In call volume is fixed and other user experiences echo
video recording isn't functional but preview works

Also i noticed in your aries tree that you still have egl.cfg which is deprecated now :)
You lucky bastard!!
I wanted to be first [emoji23]

A.R.I.S.E Z3C DiSCONTiNUEdSLiMM EliteKernel Phh.superuser Magisk Substratum

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
My bad & thanks for the info.

Maybe it is now time for the common github creation to keep all of this clean. Will see if I can do this today.
Here is z3 not working list.
Bluetooth is fixed, then break again, etc... Other meaning: Under development ;)
Another point are deep_sleep, we are working on it but will take time.

CC: @doriandiaconu

P.S. I came from z3 and don't own z3c so only can help on basics.

D

Deleted member 5746995

Thank you for the intervention @nailyk

Will edit OP when I get home and hopefully will fix some stuff in the next days.

EDIT: can someone make a list with what it's not working? It seems some of the things took some time to settle @Rhonin86 @mcgi5sr2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rhonin86 and nailyk

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
Never mind .....

i think tomorrow afternoon / evening i will find some time to proceed further tests and create a list - any wishes concerning the format of the list ?

Google Doc / Excel sheet / a simple post ...

Your wish is my demand ;)

Cheers

Rhonin

D

Deleted member 5746995

Truth is we could get a good working camera but this implies a lot of knowledge that i don't have and a lot of time.

Sony aren't at fault for this. Look at Samsung. Because of the Exynos CPU and the knox partition they don't even hope for a CM/AOSP project, either on the S7 or the S6.
@Rhonin86 I don't mind it either way

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bukaro and Robot76

Barua

Feb 29, 2012
Truth is we could get a good working camera but this implies a lot of knowledge that i don't have and a lot of time.

Sony aren't at fault for this. Look at Samsung. Because of the Exynos CPU and the knox partition they don't even hope for a CM/AOSP project, either on the S7 or the S6.
@Rhonin86 I don't mind it either way

People know there will be no custom aosp/cm rom working on exynos chipset before buying samsung phones. I bought this phone with high expectations, but regretted.

D

Deleted member 5746995

People know there will be no custom aosp/cm rom working on exynos chipset before buying samsung phones. I bought this phone with high expectations, but regretted.

On a long term, there will be development for the shinano devices. Now it's just the beginning and we are few that are working. But there's still hope. CM12.1 was good, CM13 was hardly workable because of the 3.4 kernel. Devs didn't like that and left. Now they have switched to the 3.10 kernel again and CM14.1 is less buggy than CM13.

I think I managed to fix the NFC issue. Camera will get better once the new blobs will be released. Things will get OK. But only in due time and with a lot of work.

-CRO-Maher

May 26, 2015
Zagreb
why is fish eye so present in this device? I got that in every rom (stock even when in 4k without steadyshot)... I came to this device from xperiaZ thinking camera will rock, and now I can't even use cm/aosp cause camera is so important to me :(

Edit: sorry for partially off-topic :3

grubbjay

May 6, 2016
I also got error 7 flashing this in twrp 3+ but flashed this version last week successfully. Might have to change script can't remember if i had to or not. Good luck. I'm going to keep trying this. Cant post link new user but bing "sony aries cm14.1" choose androidbiits how to install nougat 7.1 on sony z3c. The link is good.
Take out underscores and link is to rom.
ps://androidfilehost. ______-com./?______fid=385035244224400853

Last edited:

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
For people with error 7 you can just remove the first line of the install script in the zip.

For comments on the camera, to be honest no one cares what you think here. If you want to vent go to the official sony forum, the people on XDA are working with what we have. This is a development thread for CM-14.1 if you don't have anything to add about the ROM ie logcats dmesg etc or bug reports then please don't post.

https://github.com/mcgi5sr2/device_sony_aries is the device tree i used for some early builds. It was forked from latest 7.1 branch of the sonyxperiadev repos.

op3n

Jan 15, 2012
Romania
hey, thanks for ur work. is great. i want to ask if is possible to apply any theme. theme engine is not yet implemented, so exist another alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    N8lQFC5.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads

What works?
    • Wi-Fi
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Video (playback)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • Systemsounds are too loud (the soundlevel of systemsounds couldn’t be influenced by any of the loudnesssliders) - device related
    • Music can't be adjusted by EQ - device related
    • Vibration intensity can't be adjusted - device related
    • Touch focus doesn't work properly (until we get new blobs) - device related
    • Focus via Sony’s hardware (Cam) - Button doesn’t work - device related
    • Video recording- device related
    • Show weather on the status bar doesn’t work - CM related
    • NFC - device related
    • Random reboots while charging - device related
    • No Swipe (keyboard) - CM related
    • On Lockscreen there is only the actual weather displayed without location name and without icons - CM related
    • FLAC files could not be played - CM related
    • Problems with Bluetooth - device related
    • Theme engine is missing - CM related

Installation Instructions
    • Make a backup!
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Install the latest TWRP Recovery
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • Reboot your phone
    • Enjoy!

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

OTA Updates:
    • Recommended recovery: TWRP

Changelog
    Code:
    20161206: 
    - Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    doriandiaconu
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-27

Created 2016-12-08
    Last Updated 2017-01-06
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Hi Folx,

i think we have to say GOOD BYE to CM and say HELLO to Lineage OS

I wish you all a merry X-Mas and a special BIG THX to our Devs who keep our little toy alive

Rhonin

I'm afraid this is the end of the road for CM. I won't be holding my breath for Lineage OS. Keeping the code updated requires a lot of work. Rebranding also means that people won't recognise the ROM, but it's necessary since the CyanogenMod name is sold.

I'm not actually happy, since a shed of hope appeared for continuing the support for our device in a unofficial way and now it's gone. We'll see what happens in the next period. I guess we'll have to stick to stock or AOSP.

I screwed up my PC. Had to set everything back. But sadly I can't sync my laptop with the Git sources when I'm at home, even though I got high-speed Internet. I was planning on going to my girlfriend's place with the laptop and try to sync it there, when I got the news that CM is done. If I manage to get it working, I'll gift you guys with one last build today.

With this being said, I am thankful to each and everyone who participated in this project, even though it was for a short period of time. You gave us faith that we can get something to work if all of us contribute in different matters. Some in developing. Some in debugging. But the important is that we managed to get on a right path, starting from CM13, who was hardly working as a daily driver.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Thank you all for this short, but amazing trip! Hope to hear about eachother with good news!

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Hi guys. I finished my exams. I'll try to do a compilation tomorrow if I manage to sync everything.
    Hi @doriandiaconu :

I tested an alpha version of Carbon ROM branch 5.1 based upon Android 7.1 compiled by @Myself5 . Maybe you find some new aspects in the GIT-HUB of Carbon ....

I think if Christian has the time he will support you in your efforts ....

Cheers

Rhonin

Hum,
    Did someone say CR-5.1 with 7.1.1_r4 base, that can be found on my server in a hidden folder?

I guess I just did.

https://dl.myself5.de/aries/.CarbonROM/
    https://dl.myself5.de/leo/.CarbonROM/
    https://dl.myself5.de/sumire/.CarbonROM/

Well.
    Keep in mind its Alpha Builds, and that some things might still be broken, and that at the current stage we don't want any bug reports/feedback yet (which is why there is no thread created yet either, and I want it to stay like that for now).

Also, if someone will create a thread for this, especially when linking to my builds, I WILL make what I promised here before happen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/rom-carbonrom-nougat-7-1-unofficial-t3504182

I consider this a second try and another hope in the community, but my trust won't last much longer if its getting shattered once more.

Also, just as a quick headsup.
    Basic features are added so far. We currently work on the polish, in order to get our first Nightlys rolled out, but there is no specific timeframe for that yet.

Regards
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Wow. I wasn't aware of what was happening here. I'm out of the bubble for some time, sorry. Other people managed the project in the meantime.

Something is coming. I can't tell you when. But it will be good.