[CLOSED][ROM][EXPERIMENTAL][7.1.1][Z3C][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 14.1[2017/01/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
coming from xperience 4.0 rom i cant manage to flash it. i still face the same error: 7. :/

EDIT:

Flashed SlimRom and was able to flash this rom. Initial impression is that the rom is smooth overall. i get random reboots sometimes. suprisingly substratum works on this one. aside from the other issues mentioned is that the camera is still a mess. can't connect to pc. my problem now is that when i flash latest twrp i end up rebooting to recovery. it wont get past the sony boot up screen. any suggestions guys?

EDIT 2:

Tried downgrading back to xperience rom via twrp back up but i always end up on a bootloop. need to flash again stock kk rom, root it and flash with recovery to get back to MM rom again. Am i doing right or am i missing something? I really wanna try some nougat roms but the process of reverting back to older android version is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Robot76

Aug 26, 2015
Aotearoa
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 V
coming from xperience 4.0 rom i cant manage to flash it. i still face the same error: 7. :/
TWRP ver3.0.2-1 Z3C has known issues, so what I do first is to flash the 'Advanced Stock Kernel' here for TWRP 3.0.2-0 recovery:
Advanced_Stock_Kernel_Z3C_MM_6.0.1_23.5.A.1.291.zip
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=66066696

After flashing the above Kernel, reboot to recovery again, then:

Install this ROM
[emoji7]

You can also flash as you know, with 'Flashfire' from Play Store...

**Then you can use TWRP Manager from Play Store to install TWRP ver3.0.2-1 'only' needed if recovery is missing.

A.R.I.S.E Z3C Phh.superuser Magisk Substratum

Last edited:
Reactions: nailyk

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
I would always recommend using twrp 3.0.1 as it has consistently worked for me.
Also new build of lineage with latest AOSP commits (as of lunchtime today).
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745355
all feedback welcome, i haven't flashed it myself yet but as its inline with the previous build I don't expect any issues @doriandiaconu . Are you still working on a real version of lineage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhonin86 and nailyk
D

Deleted member 5746995

I would always recommend using twrp 3.0.1 as it has consistently worked for me.
Also new build of lineage with latest AOSP commits (as of lunchtime today).
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745355
all feedback welcome, i haven't flashed it myself yet but as its inline with the previous build I don't expect any issues @doriandiaconu . Are you still working on a real version of lineage?

I just finished the exams a few days ago. I could use Adrian's trees for a new build, but at home source's aren't syncing right. This means I have to wait for another week to get back to Bucharest. I don't know what problems are still there using Adrian's trees, so maybe @nailyk can point this out.

Also I want to make it known that he has been working in the past days at a stock device tree bringup with the 3.4 kernel.

So my take on this is: I could build a Lineage ROM really easy. But it's still far from stable.

You've done a great job keeping things updated here, so i thought that I should make a big update when things are better, keeping in mind that AOSP ane CM builds are almost the same at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

simi99

Feb 3, 2017
Has anybody already tried the new lineage version of mcgi5sr2 from 14.02. 2017? (lineage-14.1-20170214-UNOFFICIAL-SonyLOS-z3c.zip)
If yes, is there any news regarding GPS and Bluetooth?

Feb 20, 2017
Z3C D5803

This build works on D5803 ? I tried lineage-14.1-20170210-UNOFFICIAL-SonyLOS-z3c in my phone and wifi dont connect. Other builds the screen suddenly turns off. Now im back to CM21.1 works fine. I want to use LOS14.1. Do you have a method for wifi setup? Do you know why the screen goes off? When will an official build come out?

Keep on a great job!

dorfi

Nov 29, 2006
I got a funny bug right now, im running 14.1.20170210-UNOFFICIAL-SONYLOS-z3c, i got a a TP Link Router with 2,4Ghz and 5GHz, both WPA protected. And i run an open Accesspoint from the german Freifunk Initative. The z3 does not connect to the protected Wifis, but works fine on the open WIFI. Anybody else having this problem?

ted!

Sep 29, 2014
I got a funny bug right now, im running 14.1.20170210-UNOFFICIAL-SONYLOS-z3c, i got a a TP Link Router with 2,4Ghz and 5GHz, both WPA protected. And i run an open Accesspoint from the german Freifunk Initative. The z3 does not connect to the protected Wifis, but works fine on the open WIFI. Anybody else having this problem?

Install Deutsche Telekom CA-Zertifikat and try it again with protected wifi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    N8lQFC5.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads

What works?
    • Wi-Fi
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Video (playback)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • Systemsounds are too loud (the soundlevel of systemsounds couldn’t be influenced by any of the loudnesssliders) - device related
    • Music can't be adjusted by EQ - device related
    • Vibration intensity can't be adjusted - device related
    • Touch focus doesn't work properly (until we get new blobs) - device related
    • Focus via Sony’s hardware (Cam) - Button doesn’t work - device related
    • Video recording- device related
    • Show weather on the status bar doesn’t work - CM related
    • NFC - device related
    • Random reboots while charging - device related
    • No Swipe (keyboard) - CM related
    • On Lockscreen there is only the actual weather displayed without location name and without icons - CM related
    • FLAC files could not be played - CM related
    • Problems with Bluetooth - device related
    • Theme engine is missing - CM related

Installation Instructions
    • Make a backup!
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Install the latest TWRP Recovery
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • Reboot your phone
    • Enjoy!

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

OTA Updates:
    • Recommended recovery: TWRP

Changelog
    Code:
    20161206: 
    - Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    doriandiaconu
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-27

Created 2016-12-08
    Last Updated 2017-01-06
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Hi Folx,

i think we have to say GOOD BYE to CM and say HELLO to Lineage OS

I wish you all a merry X-Mas and a special BIG THX to our Devs who keep our little toy alive

Rhonin

I'm afraid this is the end of the road for CM. I won't be holding my breath for Lineage OS. Keeping the code updated requires a lot of work. Rebranding also means that people won't recognise the ROM, but it's necessary since the CyanogenMod name is sold.

I'm not actually happy, since a shed of hope appeared for continuing the support for our device in a unofficial way and now it's gone. We'll see what happens in the next period. I guess we'll have to stick to stock or AOSP.

I screwed up my PC. Had to set everything back. But sadly I can't sync my laptop with the Git sources when I'm at home, even though I got high-speed Internet. I was planning on going to my girlfriend's place with the laptop and try to sync it there, when I got the news that CM is done. If I manage to get it working, I'll gift you guys with one last build today.

With this being said, I am thankful to each and everyone who participated in this project, even though it was for a short period of time. You gave us faith that we can get something to work if all of us contribute in different matters. Some in developing. Some in debugging. But the important is that we managed to get on a right path, starting from CM13, who was hardly working as a daily driver.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Thank you all for this short, but amazing trip! Hope to hear about eachother with good news!

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Hi guys. I finished my exams. I'll try to do a compilation tomorrow if I manage to sync everything.
    Hi @doriandiaconu :

I tested an alpha version of Carbon ROM branch 5.1 based upon Android 7.1 compiled by @Myself5 . Maybe you find some new aspects in the GIT-HUB of Carbon ....

I think if Christian has the time he will support you in your efforts ....

Cheers

Rhonin

Hum,
    Did someone say CR-5.1 with 7.1.1_r4 base, that can be found on my server in a hidden folder?

I guess I just did.

https://dl.myself5.de/aries/.CarbonROM/
    https://dl.myself5.de/leo/.CarbonROM/
    https://dl.myself5.de/sumire/.CarbonROM/

Well.
    Keep in mind its Alpha Builds, and that some things might still be broken, and that at the current stage we don't want any bug reports/feedback yet (which is why there is no thread created yet either, and I want it to stay like that for now).

Also, if someone will create a thread for this, especially when linking to my builds, I WILL make what I promised here before happen.

http://xdaforums.com/z3/general/rom-carbonrom-nougat-7-1-unofficial-t3504182

I consider this a second try and another hope in the community, but my trust won't last much longer if its getting shattered once more.

Also, just as a quick headsup.
    Basic features are added so far. We currently work on the polish, in order to get our first Nightlys rolled out, but there is no specific timeframe for that yet.

Regards
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    Wow. I wasn't aware of what was happening here. I'm out of the bubble for some time, sorry. Other people managed the project in the meantime.

Something is coming. I can't tell you when. But it will be good.