• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Experimental] Stock Pie (F800L30e) for H990DS

Search This thread

wstephen

Jul 13, 2009
Hong Kong
Report on Kernel Crashes

Hi, lybxlpsv,
H990N here. Tried upgrading from H990DS20a to this Experimental Pie. First attempt, I had a Crashed Kernel screen advising me to connect USB for QPST dump screen. Magisk 2.04 was flashed on top H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20b. Another attempt without Magisk on top of H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20b after flashing stock pie boot.img, that resulted in the same Crashed Kernel screen. While I was sorting out how to use QPST 2.7.496 to dump screen, my H990N had made a number of attempts to boot into Android System. And each auto-reboots resulted in the same Crashed Kernel screen. And, thanks for your earlier advice, all I had to do, was just wipe the Pie system, and restore the Oreo Boot & System from TWRP backup prior to these attempts. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ngominhnguyen

Mysteriouslog6

Aug 21, 2018
LG V20
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hi, lybxlpsv,
H990N here. Tried upgrading from H990DS20a to this Experimental Pie. The first attempt, I had a Crashed Kernel screen advising me to connect USB for QPST dump screen. Magisk 2.04 was flashed on top H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20b. Another attempt without Magisk on top of H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20b after flashing stock pie boot.img, that resulted in the same Crashed Kernel screen. While I was sorting out how to use QPST 2.7.496 to dump screen, my H990N had made a number of attempts to boot into Android System. And each auto-reboots resulted in the same Crashed Kernel screen. And, thanks for your earlier advice, all I had to do, was just wipe the Pie system and restore the Oreo Boot & System from TWRP backup prior to these attempts. ;)

Literally did had the exact same experience But I had a H990DS and a few errors in twrp

wstephen

Jul 13, 2009
Hong Kong
[/COLOR]
Literally did had the exact same experience But I had a H990DS and a few errors in twrp

Oh! Well, I am not alone then. Thanks for the reply. Cheers!;)

BTW, hopefully, we'll get the "non-replaceable" battery kind of restriction lifted soon, so that we can have a much wider choice in selecting our devices. I don't even value "waterproof" kind of gimmicks.

Last edited:

Feldmarschall Edgar

Mar 18, 2017
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
[/COLOR]

Oh! Well, I am not alone then. Thanks for the reply. Cheers!;)

BTW, hopefully, we'll get the "non-replaceable" battery kind of restriction lifted soon, so that we can have a much wider choice in selecting our devices. I don't even value "waterproof" kind of gimmicks.
I wish for that to happen, but the only 2 proper phones released in recent time which had removeable batteries are
the Samsung Xcover Pro and the Fairphone 3 and i do not like the new 18:9 layout which they utilise, but that is the smallest of my problems; both phones miss amoled displays and the xcover pro would not get an rating over 3 on ifixit for repairability.

All that combined with the gradual loss of features in coming phones makes me pessimistic about future phones.

But i would like to know the source of your positivity maybe i missed some great news.

Last edited:

lybxlpsv

Oct 9, 2013
Ditto. Planning to buy a refurbished unit for DAC. Would love to have Pie on it at least.

Is there still development on this rom as it would be very nice to have an stock rom for my daily driver but non functioning mobile data would be a dealbreaker.

Do not expect RIL to be fully working any time soon, since F800 pie modem is quite different than H990.
If you're thinking on getting LG V20, get F800 if possible and if it covers your band.
The amount of stuff needs to be reworked is alot both in smali n stuff.

I wish for that to happen, but the only 2 proper phones released in recent time which had removeable batteries are
the Samsung Xcover Pro and the Fairphone 3 and i do not like the new 18:9 layout which they utilise, but that is the smallest of my problems; both phones miss amoled displays and the xcover pro would not get an rating over 3 on ifixit for repairability.

All that combined with the gradual loss of features in coming phones makes me pessimistic about future phones.

But i would like to know the source of your positivity maybe i missed some great news.

This is on EU pushing on right to repair and stuff.
Yeah, removable battery is hard to find. but if you lower the expectation and find non-removable phone but still fairly easy/non destructive to open and replace the battery there might be more phones out there ;)

Feldmarschall Edgar

Mar 18, 2017
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
If you don't mind to just name a few?
Asside from the already mentioned Xcover Pro and Fairphone 3 you can take a look at Samsungs J and A line. I belive some of those have removeable batteries but their specs are, even though the phones got release 2019 and onwards, at an 2015 level.
Proper phones that means more than 3 GB Ram and 32GB internal memory with 64 bit processors include the following devices:
LG V20 (of course)
LG G5
LG G4
LG V10
Samsung Note 4 (exynos version (technically not 64 bit and rare but at least it got ARM8 even though its locked 32 bit))
Then there are as lybxlpsv said, easy to repair phones without an pop out batteries. To find those just look at the repair rating for phones on the webside ifixit. People on there actually own the devices and havent just read claims somewhere else about the repairabillity.
Android Phones over there that have an repairabillity rating of 7 out 10 or above are:
Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL, Moto Z, Meizu MX6, Huawei P9, Vivo X7 Plus.
As far as i have seen most Phones over there released after 2019 dont get a rating over 5.

Last edited:

wstephen

Jul 13, 2009
Hong Kong
Just for the Experience

Do not expect RIL to be fully working any time soon, since F800 pie modem is quite different than H990.
If you're thinking on getting LG V20, get F800 if possible and if it covers your band.
The amount of stuff needs to be reworked is alot both in smali n stuff.

I was thinking about if I can use QFIL (QPST) to flash F800 Nougat partition tables, I may be able to flash its Nougat stock rom such as F800L10e_00_0914.kdz. Then, from all the dirtySanta unlock bootloader, TWRP, etc., etc. I may start replacing the modem partition of F800L10e. And perhaps, the cust.bin as well. And if that works, I may gradually transit to F800L30h. In case, it goes seriously wrong, I may flash back H990N10b partition tables and continue using my stock Oreo rom H990N20d.

1) I couldn't dump my partition table in XML format using LGUP v1.14.3; moreover,
2) I was not able to generate my own rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml out of the Nougat stock rom H990N10b with prog_ufs_firehose_8996_lite.elf and QPT v2.4 (from the web). I couldn't make it bcs the QPT v2.4 has been repeatedly demanding the so-called "This application requires Admin Access". I guess the QPT has already been blocked by Qualcomm.

Like what you have said above, "800 pie modem is quite different than H990...", and yeah the amount of work you have already dedicated. Sighs, it's tough though.

I wonder if you may have a copy of "rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml" for H990DS and would kindly share with me?:p

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Hey there, Just checking if this ROM was going to get some love for other variants, or if it has taken the Snow White sleep.
lyb prepared this twrp backup and shared it here to draw some attention and see if anyone with experience on this wants to do the telephony porting.

I tried doing it but I faced some issues so till someone with some porting telephony experience shows up I don't think we will see any progress.

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
lyb prepared this twrp backup and shared it here to draw some attention and see if anyone with experience on this wants to do the telephony porting.

I tried doing it but I faced some issues so till someone with some porting telephony experience shows up I don't think we will see any progress.

10-4. Thanks for the response. And that we can keep our fingers crossed :)

greencyber01

Dec 19, 2016
I was thinking about if I can use QFIL (QPST) to flash F800 Nougat partition tables, I may be able to flash its Nougat stock rom such as F800L10e_00_0914.kdz. Then, from all the dirtySanta unlock bootloader, TWRP, etc., etc. I may start replacing the modem partition of F800L10e. And perhaps, the cust.bin as well. And if that works, I may gradually transit to F800L30h. In case, it goes seriously wrong, I may flash back H990N10b partition tables and continue using my stock Oreo rom H990N20d.

1) I couldn't dump my partition table in XML format using LGUP v1.14.3; moreover,
2) I was not able to generate my own rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml out of the Nougat stock rom H990N10b with prog_ufs_firehose_8996_lite.elf and QPT v2.4 (from the web). I couldn't make it bcs the QPT v2.4 has been repeatedly demanding the so-called "This application requires Admin Access". I guess the QPT has already been blocked by Qualcomm.

Like what you have said above, "800 pie modem is quite different than H990...", and yeah the amount of work you have already dedicated. Sighs, it's tough though.

I wonder if you may have a copy of "rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml" for H990DS and would kindly share with me?:p

did u found rawprogram xml already?
i need it so bad, i wiped my partition with QFIL
now my phone really die :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

What is this?
    This is a very early test PIE rom based from F800L in hoping that someone can fix RIL.
    or maybe for someone that just want to use Pie and doesn't care about mobile data or something.

Installation for Nougat/Oreo GPT
    BACKUP YOUR FIRMWARE, EFS AND INTERNAL STORAGE IN CASE OF THINGS GOING WRONG!
    Install Oreo V20A or V20B firmware (may work with other firmware idk)
    Restore Pie System TWRP Backup
    Install F800L Stock Pie Boot Image (pie_boot.img)
    Install H990DS/SS Stock Pie Kernel (H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20bcustom.zip)

If you already have V20A/V20B Stock Oreo, you can upgrade without wiping data.

Known Major Issues
    Modem reset every few minutes.
    No Mobile Data.

What has been tested and works ON MY PHONE
    Call, SMS, USSD, Wifi, Camera, Bluetooth, fingerprint, data upgrade from Oreo.
    v415 adreno drivers, thermal mod flashable zip, magisk 20.3.

Download
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=307527

Special Thanks
    reza_xdv, dvdarg (fstab), mk2000

Screenshots
    https://i.imgur.com/wnEg0ou.png
    https://i.imgur.com/nVsD5LJ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ywT2tVp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/9HJm1VL.png
    Does the HD Recorder works? This looks very interesting for people who don't want to lose multiple stock apps going to Lineage, thanks for your hard work!

Yes, all the stock apps work as it's a stock rom

For whoever wants to give us a hand with porting you can come here:

https://t.me/lgv20pie
    @lybxlpsv.. good job bro.. maybe i can help with the ril... i just haven't had time.. but now i do..ddid you mod the kernel to work or merge the two kernels.
    Eventhough I don't have V20 anymore, I'd still love to see the future of this project. Good Luck
    Great job! Will test your kernel on pure F800L stock pie to get root.
    Another question. Can you also compile same kernel but with F800L config? Cause we still have no root on stock pie rom.

here is one built for f800l with eng aboot, untested/at your own risk since I only have h990ds.
    and please let me know the safe partitions to flash on pie for eng aboot.