Vanilla-ish AOSP 5.1.1_r38 ROM (LMY9M) for WiFi Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper
This was created by building from LMY49M source and adding SuperSU/BusyBox
- Vanilla AOSP 5.1.1_r38 (LMY49M) for WiFi Nexus 7 (2012)
- 3.1.10-Plain-Kernels-Tegra3-RC1 from @Snuzzo (reverted to this due to F2FS issue - starting in v1.9.8) with fastcharge!
- NOT ALL-F2FS!!! EXT4 with NO JOURNAL MANDATORY on system partition - cache and data can be either filesystem. ROM manages system partition file system (and always has) - I don't notice a difference. Remember system partition is read-only f2fs makes little to no difference.
- BusyBox v1.22.1 bionic (needed for Trickster MOD/AdAway) - ( @craigacgomez)
- SuperSU 2.76 ( @Chainfire)
- AdAway 3.1 compiled and packed to signed apk by me
- MiXplorer 5.5.4.BETA-B1509183 @HootanParsa (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691)
- OTG native support ( @craigacgomez) - use your favorite file manager (I now include MiXplorer)
- Reboot Menu with submenu for Reboot, Recovery and Bootloader respectively (from Nexus 9 @craigacgomez and Nexus 5 forum THANKS @GROGG88)
- Setup wizard crash fix (prefer Google WebView over AOSP fix from @craigacgomez)
- Stock sounds/boot animation from stock ROM
- AOSP keyboard reenabled
- GApps GPS fix
- AOSP is always Deodexed
- MUST Flash GApps for a "close to stock" experience - EVEN IF UPDATING from prior version(s)
***NOTE download any additional Google apps you might need that are missing from the Google Play app!
Before flashing scroll down and read NOTES!
MEGA https://mega.nz/#!mFNl3RZS!6hT9BCJPrfuMlBltXzqq18HIzax3eed3cOLRhcPQOYE https://mega.nz/#!PZEkDIjL!9_moD6HmLkfLaRmDrR8-SJFgeieOjUmNR7d5AZo2D3g
md5 - a33f08c178c48e6579c173e03b313cab
Open GApps (closer to STOCK - choose ARM for Platform, 5.1 for Android then pick micro or nano or pico for Variant)) - http://opengapps.org/
NOTE takes a WHILE (5-10 minutes) to boot up on first boot! ART is optimizing applications. There is no more dalvik-vm!
If you like it hit thanks! Donations are appreciated but never expected
I do this for a hobby and to keep my tablet running like new
You need to wipe Data (if coming from 4.4.x or older or other non-5.x AOSP ROMs) or you see all sorts of Google Play services errors!
No need to wipe data over my prior BSZAospLp releases or other 5.1.x vanilla AOSP ROMs.
Coming soon (maybe):
- Strict aliasing (maybe?)
- ALWAYS flash GApps even if updating from a prior AOSP 5.x release! ALL ROMs format the /system partition as part of the installation process and this is where the GApps are kept!
- ALWAYS wipe both caches!
- If stuck on black Google screen!!! Format and ALSO repair system (ext4), cache and data (ext4 OR f2fs) in TWRP Wipe --> advanced wipe --> repair or change button. Thanks @ffejy462 and @nickmv for this valuable info!
- BACKUP using TWRP and Titanium - save those files off the device to a USB stick external HDD or whatnot! Not responsible for lost data!
- WIPE Data in recovery unless coming from another Vanilla AOSP 5.x ROM!
- Be sure you are at bootloader 4.23 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2150251
- ONLY TESTED USING TWRP 22.214.171.124/3.0.2-0.
- MUST FLASH GApps for Play Store, etc.
- You may see a few FCs when it first boots and settles in but should go away given time.
- If you like it consider donating! A nice big solid state hard drive will let me build faster and for more devices! (YAY my build box now has 411GB free even after all this developing - thanks to all who donated).
@dsixda for the Kitchen! (Consider donating to him work is paused on the kitchen he said due to health). I used this for all my initial development.
@Chainfire for SuperSU and keeping it updated!
@GROGG88 - for the power menu and GPS patches (even though it was from Nexus 5 it worked great)!!!!
@craigacgomez - used many commits from his Lollipopalooza for Nexus 9 (BusyBox in src tree and compiled with ROM, native OTG).
@scrosler - for also being a really cool dev and helping me (even though he's doing Nexus 5 things) and introducing me to @GROGG88
@adomol for the early f2fs ROM based on mine
@sykopompos for the sepolicy file and kernel instructions to allow root as well as the ART build.prop tweaks.
@scrosler for sharing his Nexus 7 (2013) ROM and updater-script - great dev and good resource
@Snuzzo for permission to use his kernel and for all of his guidance - great dev and awesome resource as well!
@drewwalton19216801 for Lollipop GApps!
@azoller1 for v4.23 bootloader thread and flashable zip
@MidnightNinja - for also posting a build
Google for Android
AOSP for source!