• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][F2FS/EXT4][AOSP][BSZAospLp v1.9.9][5.1.1_r38 LMY49M][SuperSU|BusyBox][16/8/11]

Eezay

Sep 6, 2008
Stuttgart
Hey guy's. Just installed this ROM. Its amazing! Way better and smoother than on all-f2fs slimkat!

Before the installation I upgraded my bootloader, as well as twrp, converted and repaired partitions to ext4 and wiped data partition. Everything except screen mirroring is working. And somehow my device can't find my location.

But all in all i'm happy with it. This ROM is so smooth, lollipop gave my nexus a new life.

Sent from my AOSP on Grouper using XDA Free mobile app

bshiznit

Jun 24, 2010
Denver
Paypal donation on the way:
8BJ9**********70H

I flashed the the Google factory yesterday and could not stand it anymore!! I was on your first build for almost a week before that.

This new r6 build convinced me to come back :)

Enjoy!
Thanks for your generous donation! Tomorrow - work day - but hope to sort flashable factory image zip but if thats pissing me off I'll switch to fiddling with F2FS

dr_w

Jun 16, 2007
California
USB Broken

Anyone know how to update the bootloader (currently on 4.13) using Adb over wifi? My windows 8 computer wont detect my nexus.

EDIT: Just an update for those interested. With TWRP I couldnt get this rom to install and boot. I also couldnt install bootloader 4.23 because my USB is not working properly. My bootloader is 4.13 and I installed CWM recovery 6.0.4.4. (previously on 2.8.1.0 and even tried 2.7.1.1 and 2.7.0.0) and then installed the rom plug gapps and it boots up fine even with the bootloader 4.13.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZenInsight

Bleedos

Mar 7, 2013
Montreal
Updated and installed apps, getting playstore error, asking me to sign in to my account. Don't see where to sign in.
Had a similiar problem. Just wipe Play Store data:
Settigns > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear Data

Kill and reopen the store and you should be fine. It may not work the first time. Kill it again and reopen it again.

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
Had a similiar problem. Just wipe Play Store data:
Settigns > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear Data

Kill and reopen the store and you should be fine. It may not work the first time. Kill it again and reopen it again.
Thanks, will give that a try!

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
I saw a few posts in other threads that said USB OTG is working out of the box and even shows up in storage, I am not seeing that. Here's what I'm seeing:

Flash/thumb drives do work with Stickmount, they don't show up in settings storage even with Stickmount and they do register right out of the box with ES File Explorer. I'm guessing it shows up in ES Explorer as they may have a mount script built into their app, because it doesn't show up in either Solid Explorer or Root Explorer without Stickmount.

Mike T
Thanks for the clarification! I've said a couple times that USB OTG works out of the box, but apparently that's because each time I was using ES File Explorer. Guess I should go fix my posts in case anyone ever reads them again...

Reactions: webdroidmt

adomol

Jan 25, 2014
/etc/init.d
So I wanted to test this out but didn't want to go back to EXT4, and luckily, all thanks to @HTCDreamOn , the first 5.0 kernel with f2fs support is out for testing. I modified this rom by adding his f2fs kernel and ALL-F2FS support to the updater script. Everything is working good so far including root access.

If anyone wants to give it a spin here it is, rom and kernel in one:
BSZAospLP-LRX21T-ALL-F2FS-v1.1
AndroidFileHost
BastketBuilds

UPDATE: After testing out @Shivam Kuchhal 's Phantom Kernel with this F2FS version of the rom I highly recommend that it be flashed. Especially for anyone experiencing random reboots.

Last edited:

Bleedos

Mar 7, 2013
Montreal
Didn't work for me problem with play services. All my Google Apps won't work. Can't sign in to account.
Sorry to hear that. It worked for me.

Did you try to go back to recovery, flash the latest gapps (the ones dated November 9) and clear caches?

Are you sure you did not get an error when you flashed your gapps?

I'm asking because sometimes we are in a hurry and don't pay enough attention to details.

mcerk02

Jan 21, 2011
Slatington, PA
OK, First off want to say this rom is great, I had some issues with the first release but the update is working good now..... got a question for all my fellow nexus users though, not trying to hijack the thread or anything but ever since I got my windows 8 computer I cannot get adb or mtp to work with my nexus 7, when I connect it, all drivers install good, windows claims it is working properly, but when my nexus is connected I cant see it as a drive to transfer files and adb does not work, my wifes nexus works fine with my computer but mine does not, If i connect it to a windows 7 computer everything is working normally, I have googled and googled and tried everything down to removing every driver on my computer related to android and reinstalling, tried different drivers, settings, found alot of things that people claimed fixed theirs but nothing is working for mine....still same result, anyone have any ideas?.... I know this is off-topic, but maybe you can PM me instead of posting in the thread cause it has nothing to do with the rom....

jstntp

Feb 5, 2011
So I wanted to test this out but didn't want to go back to EXT4, and luckily, all thanks to @HTCDreamOn , the first 5.0 kernel with f2fs support is out for testing. I modified this rom by adding his f2fs kernel and ALL-F2FS support to the updater script. Everything is working good so far including root access.

AndroidFileHost
BastketBuilds

@bshiznit if you want me to remove this for any reason just let me know.
@adomol
Gonna give this a go but I must say, running this ROM with ext4 /system and f2fs /data and /cache has been a great experience.

The way i see it, all data is written and rewritten to /data and /cache partitions and thats where f2fs really is beneficial........ it may not make much difference if /system is f2fs or not. As I posted earlier I'm using the same kernel you baked into your zip.

Just my two cents...... and I could be completely wrong too, lol. Gonna flash your modded zip and see if there is a difference.

Reactions: adomol

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
Sorry to hear that. It worked for me.

Did you try to go back to recovery, flash the latest gapps (the ones dated November 9) and clear caches?

Are you sure you did not get an error when you flashed your gapps?

I'm asking because sometimes we are in a hurry and don't pay enough attention to details.
Did that, all your mentioned, still same problem. Thanks for the info! Will keep trying.

adomol

Jan 25, 2014
/etc/init.d
@adomol
Gonna give this a go but I must say, running this ROM with ext4 /system and f2fs /data and /cache has been a great experience.

The way i see it, all data is written and rewritten to /data and /cache partitions and thats where f2fs really is beneficial........ it may not make much difference if /system is f2fs or not. As I posted earlier I'm using the same kernel you baked into your zip.

Just my two cents...... and I could be completely wrong too, lol. Gonna flash your modded zip and see if there is a difference.
My main issue was not wanting to format any partitions back to ext4. I've been all f2fs since about March and liking it way too much.

FYI One thing that I have noticed is that this rom plus the gapps from the OP completely load up the system partition to the max. I need to find a mini lp gapps somewhere. Anyone know of one??

Last edited:
Reactions: jstntp

rlivin

May 7, 2010
Roll Tide!

AndroidFileHost
BastketBuilds

@bshiznit if you want me to remove this for any reason just let me know.
Thanks, I weren't back to ext4 for 5.0. But I like f2fs way better. It it's so much faster on my nexus 7. I'm gonna go back to it. It's alot of trouble but worth it imo. Thanks again for posting. And thanks to the creator of the Rom. You have done a great job, this thing is running flawless. The factory image was so laggy I couldn't use it. [emoji1]

jstntp

Feb 5, 2011
My main issue was not wanting to format any partitions back to ext4. I've been all f2fs since about March and liking it way too much.

FYI One thing that I have noticed is that this rom plus the gapps from the OP completely load up the system partition to the max. I need to find a mini lp gapps somewhere. Anyone know of one??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44417509

I'm running the Pico zip from this thread. Granted its 4.4.4 gapps but I don't really care..... They work fine. Another thing you could do is open up the 5.0 gapps zip from the OP here and remove whatever apk's you don't want to get installed.

Also, I notice no real difference in having an ext4 or f2fs /system partition. The benefit to this is as long as /cache and /data is f2fs, you essentially could flash any ROM you wish and as long as you flash a f2fs kernel afterward everything should work fine. All the benefits of f2fs without waiting for (or creating) an all-f2fs ROM.

I apologize for going off topic here everyone.

Reactions: adomol

adomol

Jan 25, 2014
/etc/init.d
Thanks, I weren't back to ext4 for 5.0. But I like f2fs way better. It it's so much faster on my nexus 7. I'm gonna go back to it. It's alot of trouble but worth it imo. Thanks again for posting. And thanks to the creator of the Rom. You have done a great job, this thing is running flawless. The factory image was so laggy I couldn't use it. [emoji1]
Just remember that the kernel in this is still in a testing phase. But so far so good on my end.