A Mobile Version of the Ubuntu Operating System
Ubuntu Touch is made and maintained by the UBports Community. A group of volunteers and passionate people across the world. With Ubuntu Touch we offer a truly unique mobile experience - an alternative to the current most popular operating systems on the market. We believe that everyone is free to use, study, share and improve all software created by the foundation without restrictions. Whenever possible, everything is distributed under free and open source licenses endorsed by the Free Software Foundation, the Open Source Initiative.
For more information check out the UBports website.
- Recording video doesn't work
- Changing volume in-call doesn't work
As not everything is working fully yet helping hands are welcome!
Follow the project management issue over at the Halium GitHub page:
Instructions (tested on Ubuntu 18.04):
First make sure to wipe /system & /data from within TWRP. The partitions must be ext4.
- Make sure to upgrade your device to the latest stock Android 8.0 before continuing: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
- Download and install the UBports installer: https://github.com/ubports/ubports-installer/releases
- OEM unlock your device: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by shutting it down and keeping the Volume Up button pressed while plugging in a USB cable between your phone and PC. The LED should be on and blue.
- Flash the OEM binaries from: https://developer.sony.com/file/download/software-binaries-for-aosp-nougat-android-7-1-kernel-4-4-loire/ using:
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_5.7_r1_v08_loire.img
- Run the UBports installer and follow the on-screen instructions