[ROM][FINAL][7.1] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

n78 shadow

Apr 25, 2015
Damascus
first of all I want to say a big thank for you bro and for the awesome work you're doing.
second i want to ask about the theming engine does it contain any new theming engine guys??

bisu20

Jan 7, 2014
kolkata
I am on 29/10/16 , Rom is smooth & battery life is also good very nice ready to use as daily driver ...:good::good::good:

.everything is working except below small issues

* UC web force close while open Youtube
* xpose installer required
* USSD code is not working.

KrDigz

Sep 25, 2016
I am on 29/10/16 , Rom is smooth & battery life is also good very nice ready to use as daily driver ...:good::good::good:

.everything is working except below small issues

* UC web force close while open Youtube
* xpose installer required
* USSD code is not working.
Have you tried AOSP 7.1? I went back to aosp because i experienced some bugs in cm14. There were occassional signal drops, a small lag while browsing FB and some sites in chrome, and poor reception during calls.

Since aosp doesnt have root feature yet, i tried cm14 for that feature and tried to enable usb fast charging (helium kernel + kernel adiutor) but it didnt work for me.

I went back to the latest cm13 nightly but things got worse. I cannot use the phone app normally because the person on the other line would only be heard when loudspeaker is on. I didnt try clearing both caches as a i am more content with the user experience in aosp.

So right now im back to aosp, and if i have free time, ill try cm14 again. :good:

bisu20

Jan 7, 2014
kolkata
Have you tried AOSP 7.1? I went back to aosp because i experienced some bugs in cm14. There were occassional signal drops, a small lag while browsing FB and some sites in chrome, and poor reception during calls.

Since aosp doesnt have root feature yet, i tried cm14 for that feature and tried to enable usb fast charging (helium kernel + kernel adiutor) but it didnt work for me.

I went back to the latest cm13 nightly but things got worse. I cannot use the phone app normally because the person on the other line would only be heard when loudspeaker is on. I didnt try clearing both caches as a i am more content with the user experience in aosp.

So right now im back to aosp, and if i have free time, ill try cm14 again. :good:

In my case USB fast changing is worked .. with helium....but without xpose module.. I cant use my phone..so I am getting back to AICP 09/10/16

szili9992

Dec 4, 2012
After update to 1112 version phone app not working, and sim is not detected.
EDIT: IMEI is unknown
Delete these:
- /data/data/com.android.dialer/databases/dialer.db
- /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
- /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

Hammerheadcaf also had this issue when database changes were introduced. If you're not comfortable deleting these then clean flash the build.

wuarx

Sep 5, 2012
Lviv
@szili9992 Great, this workaround worked for me. But i lost all my SMS ( i've backuped them, so that's not a big problem i backed up wrong data, so they are gone for me)

Last edited:

devilsworkshop

Jun 27, 2015
I just clean-flashed the latest 1112 build. Seems to be working smoothly in my limited testing.
I can confirm that USSD works fine now.

However, I've got a problem with mobile broadcasts. Even though I've disabled all the mobile broadcast alerts inside the messaging app (Messaging > Settings > Advanced > Wireless Alerts > Settings), I keep getting mobile broadcasts for my location, up to one or two broadcasts every 10 minutes.
And these notifications vibrate, even though the setting for this is unchecked. I suppose broadcast settings haven't been enabled in CM 14.1 ("Mobile Broadcasts" is missing from its place in settings). I'm in India, on the state-operated BSNL network.

Also, half-pressing the camera button doesn't work for focusing in Snap Camera (while it worked in CM13), although a full press works as expected.

Besides this, the ROM seems to be a fair bit faster than CM13, as others have reported. Thank you, Adrian!

hussein1

Mar 17, 2013
New York City
I just clean-flashed the latest 1112 build. Seems to be working smoothly in my limited testing.
I can confirm that USSD works fine now.

However, I've got a problem with mobile broadcasts. Even though I've disabled all the mobile broadcast alerts inside the messaging app (Messaging > Settings > Advanced > Wireless Alerts > Settings), I keep getting mobile broadcasts for my location, up to one or two broadcasts every 10 minutes.
And these notifications vibrate, even though the setting for this is unchecked. I suppose broadcast settings haven't been enabled in CM 14.1 ("Mobile Broadcasts" is missing from its place in settings). I'm in India, on the state-operated BSNL network.

Also, half-pressing the camera button doesn't work for focusing in Snap Camera (while it worked in CM13), although a full press works as expected.

Besides this, the ROM seems to be a fair bit faster than CM13, as others have reported. Thank you, Adrian!

CM Theme Engine added?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About CyanogenMod
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Release post : https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Huashan_Info

Downloads Links
    CyanogenMod 14.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Xperia SP (Huashan) : https://mega.nz/#F!i4dnRRQS!Vg9KW-BnNg6jjcg35u7jXA

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 7.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.0 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...t/recovery-twrp-3-0-0-touch-recovery-t3309938

Useful alternatives to CM Updater (with Deltas) : CM Downloader on Play Store
    About CyanogenMod : ChangeLog available on http://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/huashan/
    About CyanogenMod 14 Device Side : See my GitHub trees linked below

Flashing and updating
    CyanogenMod clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the CyanogenMod ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

CyanogenMod update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (BETA / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - Flash the latest CyanogenMod ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

CyanogenMod day-to-day updates :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (Information) Being Nightlies, try to have a safe backup once a month
    - Update to latest Nightly using CM Updater or CM Downloader (link above)
    - Reboot

About the builds

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Q&A - FAQ
    CM-14.x Huashan Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

About CM-14.x : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

CyanogenMod available for Huashan also thanks to :
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    Adrian DC
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-14
    Last Updated 2017-03-20
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - Dual Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok, only Ext4 support missing from ROM
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok (RTC real hardware clock, in TWRP recovery too)
    - Powered-off alarm : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - Encryption : Status unknown
    - SEPolicies : Fully enforced

IMPORTANT FEATURES TO KNOW
    • Boot sequence : Once the LEDs light up :
      - Press Volume - to open CyanogenRecovery,
      - Press Volume + to open the FOTA recovery (TWRP usually) if available
    • Powered-off alarm : When you have set an alarm
      - If you power down the device, it will wake automatically 5 minutes before
      - If you let the device charge offline, it will automatically reboot 5 minutes before
    • Gestures : Events like hand-wave and pocket removal can be enabled in the Settings
    • Force reboot : You can reset the device by holding Power and Volume+ 5 seconds
    Reserved

Current local manifest of the ROM build
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!-- https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android -->
    <manifest>

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_sony_common" path="device/sony/common" remote="github" />

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_sony_DASH" path="hardware/sony/DASH" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_sony_thermanager" path="hardware/sony/thermanager" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_FMRadio" path="packages/apps/FMRadio" remote="github" />

<project name="AdrianDC/android_device_sony_huashan" path="device/sony/huashan" remote="github" />
      <project name="AdrianDC/android_kernel_sony_msm8960t" path="kernel/sony/msm8960t" remote="github" />
      <project name="AdrianDC/proprietary_vendor_sony" path="vendor/sony" remote="github" />

</manifest>
    GPS is perfect for me and I use it every day, can't tell for now.
    Neither for awake, for now I'm getting my best battery lifetimes & no deep-sleep issue.

Small screenshot of tonight's work on 7.1 ;).
    New 14.1 build coming soon, with various improvements and working camcorder.

As always, DO NOT forget to upgrade GApps to 7.1 too.

PS: Build restarted because camcorder commits were missing somehow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone