[ROM] [Final] LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.6 [2022-09-18]

Search This thread

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
LineageOS 19.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for me to fix anything (preferably dmesg and logcat). I can't test NFC very thoroughly, to please report your findings.

FEATURES
  • Signed with dev keys
  • Up-to-date kernel
  • WireGuard kernel support
DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest ROM releases here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333224
Latest TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/lilac/

Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Before first install: flash and boot into TWRP, format data, reboot to recovery and wipe all internal partitions.

After above step / any subsequent dirty flashes: Boot into recovery, put the ROM, GApps and root (if needed) on sdcard and flash.

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

When updating from previous builds, simply dirty flash the ROM, together with any GApps and/or other modifications - addon.d will not work due to currently unavailable TWRP decryption.

Recommended GApps: MindTheGapps-12.1.0

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
  • You tell me...
Contributors
derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh

Thanks to the yoshino testers (let me know if I forgot to add you)
coin3x, feduss, GiaSen, Gizanagi, hsheemi, kaancaliskan, sohrab1985

Source Code
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998

Rom Information
ROM OS Version:
Android 12
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.6
Stable Release Date: 2022-09-18

Last edited:

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash ROMs or Magisk modules which set SELinux to permissive or you welcome malware on your device!

How to get root?

As mentioned before, there will not be an official su addon from LOS anymore. If you need root, flash an unofficial solution.

Reactions: zpunout and TheArt.

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
REQUIRED FIRMWARE:

CHANGELOG

2022-09-18 | 1.6| 47.2.A.11.228
* Final release, fixed DRM, WebView/Chrome issues in 1.5 :LOL:

* GPS config update

2022-04-20 | 1.3| 47.2.A.11.228
  • Initial release

Last edited:

victor126

Sep 30, 2017
tried ver.1.3 but still have issues with split screen not working after loading all my apps. gets trebuchet errors. didn't have time to get logs or troubleshoot what app causes it. but im not getting it with flamefires 17.1

Denam

Apr 25, 2022
Hi guys, an first of all thanks for the work you've done.
Now i'm bit confuse, i'v achieved the flashing of the os correctly (or maybe not) but i didn't update the firmware (an i think it's why my sim card is not detected). Question is : where can i find the firmware update "2022-04-20 | 1.3| 47.2.A.11.228" ? On sony website i only see 2021-12-06 for xz1c.
Am i missing something ?

victor126

Sep 30, 2017
Hi guys, an first of all thanks for the work you've done.
Now i'm bit confuse, i'v achieved the flashing of the os correctly (or maybe not) but i didn't update the firmware (an i think it's why my sim card is not detected). Question is : where can i find the firmware update "2022-04-20 | 1.3| 47.2.A.11.228" ? On sony website i only see 2021-12-06 for xz1c.
Am i missing something ?
2022-04-20 lineage 19.1 rom ver 1.3

47.2.A.11.228 Sony firmware

Reactions: No1Alien

Rrreutel

Sep 12, 2012
Very nice work! Haven't been able to test much yet, but when I picked it up just now after some days, I could see that battery drain does not seem to be an issue:

battery_idle2.png

(This is not real-world usage though: wifi is on, but no SIM card, and just sleeping)

Rom lineage-19.1-20220408-UNOFFICIAL-1.2-lilac
Magisk 24.3
MindTheGapps 12.1.0
twrp 3.6.1_9-0-lilac

Reactions: .:B:.

claudiobar

Oct 21, 2014
Running this on a spare XZ1 for testing. If the camera does eventually work one day, I think ill go to ebay aand buy a new XZ1c.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Hi, check the last pages of the 18.1 thread, there's a link there. Someone got it working, seemingly. Still an early version, slow motion mode at least doesn't work and I'm uncertain on whether there's actually an improvement in quality vs open camera (took 2 pics to compare but didn't see any difference) but, still.. It works!

.:B:.

Dec 15, 2016
Hi and thank you (also to Derfy ;))! Great to see LOS 19 for this thing :D.

Question: I dirty flashed from latest available LOS 18.1, wiped Dalvik & cache, installed the MindTheGapps package as recommended, but swiping is gone on the AOSP keyboard. I can kill the AOSP keyboard forcibly, and then swiping came back just once but immediately disappeared again. Anyone else seeing this?

derf elot

May 7, 2011
Hi and thank you (also to Derfy ;))! Great to see LOS 19 for this thing :D.

Question: I dirty flashed from latest available LOS 18.1, wiped Dalvik & cache, installed the MindTheGapps package as recommended, but swiping is gone on the AOSP keyboard. I can kill the AOSP keyboard forcibly, and then swiping came back just once but immediately disappeared again. Anyone else seeing this?
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

(tends to happen on first boot, no idea why)

Reactions: .:B:.

Top Liked Posts