[ROM] [Final] LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.6 [2022-09-18]

Search This thread

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
Hey all!
Android 12 works like a charm!!! :)
I was wondering if double tap to wake or raise to wake are available or will be available soon?
Also, face unlocking? WifiCalling / VoLTE? :)
Thanks

Last edited:

gladykov

Jul 12, 2010
Thanks to @android666 I could solve the GPS issue. What made the difference was to get the AGPS fix via the LTE data connection and not via Wifi. I still don't understand why that made the difference, especially since both traffic was/is routed through a VPN, but it solved the problem on which I was grinding my teeth for about 15 hours over the last 2 years. Has anyone an idea what the difference between Wifi/LTE for the AGPS fix could be?

On a different note. I've been trying to root LOS 19 and the procedure seem to have change since 16. Can someone point me to how its done on 19?
Thanks!
@wall33 Ah, interesting. I learnt lately that some GPS chips communicate directly with AGPS provider using mobile phone cellular antenna directly, bypassing Android system completly. So your finding could be indirect proof of such behaviour.

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
Hello!
There's a way to relock the bootloader??
I tried to downgrade to stock firmware (9.0) and entered this command:

fastboot oem lock

FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.016s

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Does the battery drains relative fast for anyone? 19 1.6
Yes, I'm having the same experience. Phone is always hot in my pocket, battery draining much faster than normal, and even randomly rebooting in the middle of me using it. 1.6 definitely has problems, I'm thinking of going back to 1.3, which I had no issues with... 🫤

Last edited:

gladykov

Jul 12, 2010
I noticed some overheating after installing, but restart and charging overnight solved issue. Someone was complaining about overheating related to APN settings. At the same time I turn off whatever I can, so maybe this is why I didn't encounter it

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Found the cause of the battery drain. Both Wi-fi and Mobile Data are continuously losing connection and reconnecting every 10-20 seconds. You can pull down the notification shade and watch it happen in realtime. Tried to dirty-flash 1.3 to see if the problems were resolved, but the device wouldn't boot afterward, so I was forced to flash 1.6 again. Issues returned immediately, high battery drain and constant network disconnections/reconnections. I suppose I could factory reset to re-flash 1.3, and I may have to soon if I can't find a solution, but I would very much prefer to avoid that 😔

UPDATE: Mobile Data isn't working at all, and when the phone tries and fails to connect to my carrier (T-Mobile) it fails, briefly says "No Service" and then tries again, which also is interrupting the Wi-fi. The only way to save the battery and have a stable connection for me is either to remove the SIM card altogether or to keep Mobile Data permanently disabled in the settings. Obviously, calls and texts are also failing. Once again, these problems are all exclusive to 1.6 for me, connectivity was fine on 1.3

Last edited:

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
I tried all of this already, nothing worked. I just checked again, I completely reset to stock using Emma and used my T-Mobile SIM and everything worked perfectly fine, including VoLTE. I just flashed LineageOS again and now the SIM card doesn't work again. It seems like it only works in the stock firmware for me?

Update: So I've tried the stock Xperia 8.0 ROM, LineageOS 17.1, LineageOS 18.1 and HavocOS and it seems like the SIM card all works on those. However, I can't figure out why T-Mobile doesn't work on 19.1.
We are both having the same issue it sounds like. Which version of LineageOS 19.1 did you flash and have these issues on? Was it 1.6 perhaps? Have you tried an earlier build, or did you find any potential solutions?

I can't imagine why a bug would be carrier specific, but regardless, for anyone else that might be in the thread, if you are on T-Mobile, do not upgrade to 19.1 v1.6...

thekr1s

Oct 18, 2017
I have installled a lot of romm on my xz1 compact, but none functions acceptable. I'm tending to give up, what I do not often. I tried Lineageos 18 and 19. 19 gets quite far but:
- sensors ar not working: no proximity, light, accellero, etc.....
- T-Mobile data is not working. Yes, I tried LineageOs 19.1, version 1.5 and 1.6, but both no mobile data

Can anyone please help me! I love my good old XZ1, but it needs to get up to date.....

Thanks in advance,

TheKr1S

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- sensors ar not working: no proximity, light, accellero, etc.....
- T-Mobile data is not working. Yes, I tried LineageOs 19.1, version 1.5 and 1.6, but both no mobile data
Both of those things are working fine on my XZ1C, so I don't think it's a problem with the ROM.

The sensor problem sounds like there may be an issue with your hardware, but maybe a factory reset might cure the problem.

As for the mobile data problem, a few suggestions:
- Reset the networking: Settings | System | Advanced |reset options | Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
- Try changing things in Settings | Xperia Parts, may switching carrier specific modem or other modem settings
- Check that your APN settings are correct for your operator - Settings | Network | Mobile data | Advanced | Access Points Names

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Both of those things are working fine on my XZ1C, so I don't think it's a problem with the ROM.

The sensor problem sounds like there may be an issue with your hardware, but maybe a factory reset might cure the problem.

- Reset the networking: Settings | System | Advanced |reset options | Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
- Try changing things in Settings | Xperia Parts, may switching carrier specific modem or other modem settings
- Check that your APN settings are correct for your operator - Settings | Network | Mobile data | Advanced | Access Points Names
Good suggestions @petefoth I tried resetting "Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth" in Reset Options, resetting T-Mobile modem settings, and resetting T-Mobile APN settings, but all did nothing. The fact is, the phone is in a loop of connecting/disconnecting from mobile data over and over. I don't think its a configuration problem, I think its a driver problem related to the mobile radio that is present only in LOS 19.1 v1.5 and v1.6, which is why mobile data works fine for me in v1.4 and earlier. I would love for the solution to this to be an easy settings change, but unfortunately I think this is going to require the issue to be identified and patched within the ROM itself.

screenshots.png

exh333

Sep 24, 2015
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Good suggestions @petefoth I tried resetting "Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth" in Reset Options, resetting T-Mobile modem settings, and resetting T-Mobile APN settings, but all did nothing. The fact is, the phone is in a loop of connecting/disconnecting from mobile data over and over. I don't think its a configuration problem, I think its a driver problem related to the mobile radio that is present only in LOS 19.1 v1.5 and v1.6, which is why mobile data works fine for me in v1.4 and earlier. I would love for the solution to this to be an easy settings change, but unfortunately I think this is going to require the issue to be identified and patched within the ROM itself.

View attachment 5726305
check your APN settings for your mobile operator!

thekr1s

Oct 18, 2017

- The sensors are working in the stock android image so it is not an hardware issue
- APN settings are okee. I'm on T-Mobile NL
- Reset networking does not change a thing
- I tried se;ecting a differnet modem in XPeria parts, but there is no tmobile-netherlands modem selectable.

I also tried version 1.4 but still no mobile data, sadly....

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Are you using NetworkSwitcher service? This service helped me whe I couldn't connect
View attachment 5726875
Yes, the Network Switcher service hasn't helped. I also tried toggling IMS Features off and on again in Xperia Parts hoping that it might reset something, but still no connection. I don't think there are any remaining software settings to try :(

Reactions: gladykov

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
I can't find my service provider in the NetworkSwitcher list... It's "Partner" in Israel.
Does anyone know how to add it? It's possible?

Top Liked Posts