[ROM] [Final] LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.6 [2022-09-18]

Search This thread

mrpinq

Oct 28, 2019
Manage install 19.1 and MindTheGapps, but some reason google play doesn't work. I installed magisk and reinstalled mindtheGapps, but nothing. Says it can't connect and yet I can use browser. Maybe I have to go path of microG -option.

Edit: I did read wrong the guide. In somewhere it said that "install os and the in the first boot install the gapps"
So I installed os and then booted and enter recovery mode back (not going to OS yet), but that's wrong way... You should install after os is installed and then install gapps, before boot.
So now play works.
Still wondering should I go with microG. MindtheGapps installs other things also ( google search app and google speech app) and the where not there, when I installed picoapps in the "old days"

Last edited:

neutrinobox

Jul 7, 2011
FFM
Dolby atmos is not the same.
I think sony clear audio + does a better job.

I hope there comes a working port for los.
Processing works great on playbackt but something kills audio encoder at video recording

neutrinobox

Jul 7, 2011
FFM
Today my modem get stuck 2 times and my Earspeaker dosn't work when i switch in call from bluetooth to handmode.

New call doesn't fix it so i have to restart

Guys, does GPS work for you in Maps? I'm trying to get microG to work, installed microG installer revived, Zygisk - LSPosed and FakeGapps v2, microG Settings shows all check marks and I enabled Maps in FakeGapps (not sure if necessary?), but GPS doesn't work in Maps or other navigation apps. It also says "Maps won't run unless you update Google Play services", do I need to update it (via Aurora Store for example)? Won't I be updating to an actual, non-microG, Google service at that point?

upd. Solved the GPS issue by staying at an open outdoor area for about 10 minutes (maybe less); maybe it would work faster if I enabled Wifi and Bluetooth scanning in Location settings. Found the answer to the update issue here: "It won't actually work - but you should just blacklist it in Aurora Store."
I know late answer and you solved your issue already. For me with Nomainatim location module it works very fast. Even with Wifi and Bluetooth scanning disabled. I use SatStat for testing. It also can trigger "Reload AGPS data", which helps if you hadn't had a GPS fix for a longer time (or never).

Reactions: 4qx

PerthTotty

Feb 1, 2017
Hello everybody,
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after installing the rom and MindTheGapps everything seems fine first.
But after including my sim card and unlocking it at the system start it is shown as "not detectable" in the settings and (of course) not working as a phone ...
Has anyboby any idea what I did wrong (and could do against)?
Many thanks in advance.

Hi there!

I just built from source and updated my "new" xz1 compact from the last build from 2022-04-20 and somehow it ended in a bootloop.
So after going back to TWRP, my internal storage was not accessible anymore (it showed cryptic folder and file names) but after formating /system and reflash, it eventually would boot up again.
However somehow it enforced encryption and TWRP doesn´t seem to show any prompts to unlock the storage.
Since some apps also didn´t work anymore, i started over, formated everything and did a clean flash.
However it again enforced encryption for some reason.
The phone and rom runs fine, TWRP just can´t decrypt the storage.

Any ideas what´s going on here?
I didn´t change anything, except defconfig for enabling KSM.

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
Hi there!

I just built from source and updated my "new" xz1 compact from the last build from 2022-04-20 and somehow it ended in a bootloop.
So after going back to TWRP, my internal storage was not accessible anymore (it showed cryptic folder and file names) but after formating /system and reflash, it eventually would boot up again.
However somehow it enforced encryption and TWRP doesn´t seem to show any prompts to unlock the storage.
Since some apps also didn´t work anymore, i started over, formated everything and did a clean flash.
However it again enforced encryption for some reason.
The phone and rom runs fine, TWRP just can´t decrypt the storage.

Any ideas what´s going on here?
I didn´t change anything, except defconfig for enabling KSM.
Twrp doesnt support android 12 decryption yet, theyre working on it. You did everything fine :p.

Reactions: 4qx and multiwirth

pickypenelope

Sep 14, 2008
I just wanted to thank the people still working on this. I just installed 19.1 on my XZ1C and everything seems great. I mainly use this phone just a media player, but it's great having Android 12 on it. Much appreciation!

btw is anyone else having issues with slow charging speed?
It seems like it's current limited to 1000mA which is in fact pretty slow.
Typical would be 1500mA for standard chargers (just like on most other devices).
So while using the phone, it draws some current on it's own so most of the time, 500mA is left for actually charging the battery (with a current limit of 1500mA, it would be at least 1000mA going into the battery).

Is this a known issue?
Probably an issue communicating with the charger?

Anyways i just found /* bit definitions of Charger Control 2 Register */ #define CC2_ICHG_100MA (0x1) #define CC2_ICHG_500MA (0x9) #define CC2_ICHG_1000MA (0x13)
Inside /kernel/sony/msm8998/drivers/power/88pm860x_charger.c

Seems like maybe it doesn't accept higher currents according to this ?
Not sure, i don't have programming skills :D

4qx

Mar 21, 2022
@multiwirth The charging speed lingers around 1250 for me with screen on and with brightness on medium setting, according to AccA. You can use it to control the speed of the current too.

babastutz

Dec 27, 2010
Hello ! Hope everyone is fine 😁

Anyone has experience dirty flash from "LineageOS 17.1/18.1 UNOFFICIAL" with openGapps?
I am a bit lazy about formating et wiping all datas 😅

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hello ! Hope everyone is fine 😁

Anyone has experience dirty flash from "LineageOS 17.1/18.1 UNOFFICIAL" with openGapps?
I am a bit lazy about formating et wiping all datas 😅
I do a bit of that as I build LOS 17.1 & 18.1 ROMs for this and other devices. Dirty flash **sometimes** works, but other times the phone will boot loop. I can usually get round that by the following process:

0. Set a screen unlock pattern in Settings | Security if you don't already have one​
1. Backup 17.1 data partition using TWRP to SD card (because we may have to format data partition later)​
2. Backup apps using Android Backup and Restore Tools project (ABRT). (this is a "belt-and-braces" approach in case there are problems with the TWRP backup. It doesn;t restore everything, but, if needed, is better than restoring everything from scractchYou will need to enable rooted debugging in Developer options for this to work)​
3. Dirty flash the 18.1 ROM and reboot - if the phone boots, then smile an carry on with your life :) . If it boot loops, then...​
4. In TWRP format the data partition​
5. Reboot and go through first-time setup. No need to setup WiFi connections etc. but make sure to set the same screen pattern (so TWRP can decrypt your data backup​
6. Restore the 17.1 data backup you made in step 1and reboot - if the phone boots, then smile an carry on with your life :) . If it boot loops, then...​
7. Format the data partition again in TWRP.​
8. Reboot and go through first-time setup. This time setup whatever you need​
9. Restore your apps from the ABRT backup you made in step 2.​

Good luck!

jimmygumble

Nov 26, 2016
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
To anyone wondering/worrying about new builds, I'd say don't worry. There's been dev work done since the last build.

Follow device specific work here:
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac/commits/lineage-19.1

Follow Lineage OS changelogs here:
Note the date of the last changelog post on the blog ;)

My hunch is that the kind devs may get around to a release sometime after another Lineage milestone release.
Or not, since they're not actually being paid for it, ha.

S-trace

Jul 8, 2012
It seems it may be a hardware or firmware revision related issue with GPS:
I have 2 XZ1c phones, and on the first (old) phone, GPS works fine on LineageOS 17, but on the second (new) GPS does not work well with exactly the same ROM.

I have extracted system, vendor and boot from the old phone and did clean flash extracted images to the new phone, but the new phone still has GPS problems.
How can I debug this problem?

UPD: After some time under clear sky with GPS Test running in foreground, new phone (with ROM from the old phone) finally got the GPS Fix (with approximately the same accuracy it got on stock) - so it is LineageOS 19 issue.

It seems this ROM somehow corrupts GPS semi-permanently.
  • I flashed stock ROM G8441_47.2.A.11.228_1310-5279_R10C.ftf using FlashTool and tested GPS - it works fine.
  • Then I flashed LineageOS 17.1 using TWRP and tested GPS - it works fine.
  • Then I flashed LineageOS 18.1 using TWRP and tested GPS - it works fine.
  • Then I flashed LineageOS 19.1 using TWRP and tested GPS - it works badly.
  • Then I flashed LineageOS 18.1 using TWRP and tested GPS - it works badly on known good ROM.
  • Then I tried to flash many ROMs using TWRP and GPS always worked badly on each ROM I tried.
  • But after flashing stock ROM G8441_47.2.A.11.228_1310-5279_R10C.ftf again using FlashTool and letting it to take GPS Fix using GPS Test app GPS starts to work fine again on all tested ROMs except LineageOS 19.1 from this topic.

To anyone wondering/worrying about new builds, I'd say don't worry. There's been dev work done since the last build.

Follow device specific work here:
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac/commits/lineage-19.1

Follow Lineage OS changelogs here:
Note the date of the last changelog post on the blog ;)

My hunch is that the kind devs may get around to a release sometime after another Lineage milestone release.
Or not, since they're not actually being paid for it, ha.
another lineage milestone?
They haven't been releasing any milestones since CM died.
They however declared 19.0 to be ready for release and so they started rolling out official 19.0 builds already.
But there are no "milestones" to wait for honestly.
They're all weekly nightlies since the beginning.

Anyways i guess our xperia devs are currently sorting out device specific minor issues and push a new build when it's ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 19.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for me to fix anything (preferably dmesg and logcat). I can't test NFC very thoroughly, to please report your findings.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • Up-to-date kernel
    • WireGuard kernel support
    DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest ROM releases here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333224
    Latest TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/lilac/

Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Before first install: flash and boot into TWRP, format data, reboot to recovery and wipe all internal partitions.

After above step / any subsequent dirty flashes: Boot into recovery, put the ROM, GApps and root (if needed) on sdcard and flash.

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

When updating from previous builds, simply dirty flash the ROM, together with any GApps and/or other modifications - addon.d will not work due to currently unavailable TWRP decryption.

Recommended GApps: MindTheGapps-12.1.0

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
    • You tell me...
    Contributors
    derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh

Thanks to the yoshino testers (let me know if I forgot to add you)
    coin3x, feduss, GiaSen, Gizanagi, hsheemi, kaancaliskan, sohrab1985

Source Code
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998

Rom Information
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.6
    Stable Release Date: 2022-09-18
    I have constant freezes with chromium based browsers on 1.5. Anyone else have this problem?

Great to see this rom continuing to be updated, however is there any information on what has changed between 1.3 and 1.4, and then to 1.5? Is @No1Alien able to update the posts on the first page with relevant info? How are people finding out about the new releases, other than manually checking the AFH page each day?

same here chromium browsers freeze and sync bookmarks is not working in chrome, and i saw the same report in xz1 thread, i wonder should i go back to 1.3 that worked fine or 1.4 that i never tested?

Chrome, opera, brave are all freeze force quit. System WebView Downgrade & upgraded still no luck. The stock browser is fine thoo.
    The battery life is crazy best for S0-02K.

Well, seems there are now only 2 main SUPL providers: Google & Vodafone. We know it, bad gov guys know it. So what is the difference between them? Also at least Google was built for world wide coverage in mind. So unless someone is willing to create supl server and serve this data https://cddis.nasa.gov/Data_and_Derived_Products/GNSS/broadcast_ephemeris_data.html with this protocols https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GNSS#SUPL or at least spawn some deanonymizing proxy like this https://github.com/tajuma/supl any change will be just virtual change. But why not change gps.conf directly in the repo then, if gps.conf modification can block sending geo data?

Hi all, derf just built 1.6, please have a try. Issues like chromium/WebView should be fixed. GPS config is updated as well.
    I've made an unofficial build of LineageOS for microg based on this ROM. It's had basic sanity testing: calls, sms, wifi, camera, mobile data all seem to work.

Build is available on AndroidFileHost:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197203978

Feedback welcome, either here (if @No1Alien doesn't mind), by PM, or at https://github.com/petefoth/unofficial-l4m-builds/discussions (where issues can be raised if needed).
    Nice to have a separate LineageOS 19.1 for XZ1C thread, but it might be nice to credit this ROM to @derf elot more explicitely in the OP, since it seems to be mostly his work.
    No worries, I asked @No1Alien if he could open the thread since I don't have much time to maintain it ;)
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE:

CHANGELOG

2022-09-18 | 1.6| 47.2.A.11.228
    * Final release, fixed DRM, WebView/Chrome issues in 1.5 :LOL:

* GPS config update

2022-04-20 | 1.3| 47.2.A.11.228
    • Initial release