[ROM] [Final] LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.6 [2022-09-18]

Search This thread

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
I also have the same problem with the network disconnect/reconnect loop. I'm in Europe, so it's not specific to T-Mobile. I tried all of the above suggestions. Can I simply dirty flash an older version to go back to something that works?

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
It seems I can't even get into the TWRP recovery mode any more. I tried rebooting into recovery but it keeps taking me to this new screen I haven't seen before. I tried reflashing twrp but same result. How can I get to TWRP to flash an older version?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 45

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
It seems I can't even get into the TWRP recovery mode any more. I tried rebooting into recovery but it keeps taking me to this new screen I haven't seen before. I tried reflashing twrp but same result. How can I get to TWRP to flash an older version?
Press power + vol up and as soon as the sony logo appears press power + vol down for a few secs. If it doesn't boot then flash twrp again in fastboot, then boot in recovery.

Also, I don't have issues with the mobile data. Sometimes after a reboot i have to switch manually to 2g in sim settings until the data connection appears (small H symbol next to the signal bar) and then swith to LTE. Then its all fine. I'm in Europe btw.

Most times though i don't have to do it and it reconnects to LTE even after full signal drops (I work on a ship so we lose signal often during sailing times).

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
I tried all of that but I keep getting booted into the Lineage recovery (v19.1 20220918). It seems I can no longer get into TWRP.

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
I tried all of that but I keep getting booted into the Lineage recovery (v19.1 20220918). It seems I can no longer get into TWRP.
If you have lineage recovery then you probably checked the option to switch to it during phone setup. I didn't know this option is working btw.
So you tried flashing TWRP again, right? If you have Lineage recovery you can't boot in TWRP because you don't have TWRP but Lineage recovery instead.
Fixing that should be as easy as flashing TWRP again.

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
If you have lineage recovery then you probably checked the option to switch to it during phone setup. I didn't know this option is working btw.
So you tried flashing TWRP again, right? If you have Lineage recovery you can't boot in TWRP because you don't have TWRP but Lineage recovery instead.
Fixing that should be as easy as flashing TWRP again.
I tried flashing TWRP multiple times and still the same thing. I don't remember selecting that option since I did a dirty flash and didn't have to go through phone set up.

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
I was able to get back into TWRP, thanks to this video that pointed me to the option you are referring to:

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
Looks like I've royally screwed this up. I wasn't aware that after flashing 1.6 my screen lock protection got disabled. So now when I go into TWRP, I think it's unable to read the system partition. I tried to mount it, but when I browse files, I can't seem to access the root partition. I tried flashing anyway (because I'm dumb), but saw an error during install. Now it boot loops to TWRP upon every restart. Is there any way out of this nightmare?

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 30

jekennedy

Sep 29, 2014
Thank you petefoth for getting me back up and running. Just to follow up on the original problem: For me, I experienced the network disconnect/reconnect loop issue on 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. 1.3 works fine though, so I'm sticking with that. Now I begin the arduous work of resetting all of my 2FA logins to all of my online accounts :/

TheArt.

Thank you petefoth for getting me back up and running. Just to follow up on the original problem: For me, I experienced the network disconnect/reconnect loop issue on 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. 1.3 works fine though, so I'm sticking with that. Now I begin the arduous work of resetting all of my 2FA logins to all of my online accounts :/
Why aren't you making backups of them? Use Aegis (fdroid) or Authenticator Pro (Izzy repo on froid) to create an encrypted backup so you just import the file and you have your 2FA codes back!

fruomy

Sep 22, 2022
We are both having the same issue it sounds like. Which version of LineageOS 19.1 did you flash and have these issues on? Was it 1.6 perhaps? Have you tried an earlier build, or did you find any potential solutions?

I can't imagine why a bug would be carrier specific, but regardless, for anyone else that might be in the thread, if you are on T-Mobile, do not upgrade to 19.1 v1.6...
Very late, but yea I tried like all versions of LineageOS 19.1 and none of them ever ended up working. The only thing that worked was just using LineageOS 18. I don't know why T-Mobile just doesn't work past 18. I didn't even know LineageOS 20 for the XZ1c came out either but I assume that T-Mobile still doesn't work.

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Very late, but yea I tried like all versions of LineageOS 19.1 and none of them ever ended up working. The only thing that worked was just using LineageOS 18. I don't know why T-Mobile just doesn't work past 18. I didn't even know LineageOS 20 for the XZ1c came out either but I assume that T-Mobile still doesn't work.
I tried flashing LOS 20, and yeah, same issue. I ended up Formatting everything today and re-flashing LOS 19.1 v1.3 specifically (the only version T-Mobile has worked on for me in the past) and it connected instantly. Its a problem that started with LOS 19.1 v1.4 and has been carried up uncorrected all throughout LOS 20 for this device.

I would be interested in hearing if LOS 19.1 v1.3 would work for you as it did for me, but I also understand if you're tired of experimenting with broken ROMs at this point lol

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
Any method to add more options in Modem Switcher Activity?
For example, I need support for "Partner" carrier in Israel with VoLTE/VoWIFI support.
Something like: amss_fsg_liliac_Partner_Israel_volte_vowifi_tar.mbn

thekr1s

Oct 18, 2017
Yess, I have installed 19.1, v 1.3, and all is working. In version 1.4 and up, sensors are not working and my T-Mobile data is not working. Now I have installed 1.3, and all look great!. I'm happy for now, but I don't understand....

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

fruomy

Sep 22, 2022
I tried flashing LOS 20, and yeah, same issue. I ended up Formatting everything today and re-flashing LOS 19.1 v1.3 specifically (the only version T-Mobile has worked on for me in the past) and it connected instantly. Its a problem that started with LOS 19.1 v1.4 and has been carried up uncorrected all throughout LOS 20 for this device.

I would be interested in hearing if LOS 19.1 v1.3 would work for you as it did for me, but I also understand if you're tired of experimenting with broken ROMs at this point lol
Well okay, I'm dumb because I tried like LOS 17, 18 and LOS 19 but only the versions after 1.4 lol. I flashed 1.3 and T-Mobile works fine, but still, I guess we can't use LOS 20 :-(

Thanks for letting me know though because now I can use Android 12 lol.

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Well okay, I'm dumb because I tried like LOS 17, 18 and LOS 19 but only the versions after 1.4 lol. I flashed 1.3 and T-Mobile works fine, but still, I guess we can't use LOS 20 :-(

Thanks for letting me know though because now I can use Android 12 lol.
No problem mate. And I definitely don't blame you for not trying a version three updates behind. I can't believe this bug still hasn't been addressed or even documented. Its not just us.

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
After installing MindTheGapps, most of my applications are running fine. But few of them show an error when I try to open it. "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device

Guntram

Oct 30, 2010
Anybody else having problems with GoogleMaps? I'm not able to see my planned (?) route, because the last suggested last destinations won't close up :-(. Deleting them isn't possible either (under options), as the corresponding button is not visible...

Tried vers. 1.3 and 1.6, using MindTheGApps as recommended. Did also full wipe (including internal storage) and reinstall...

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts