[ROM] Firefox OS 2.5 for Nexus 4

Search This thread

SunboX

Dec 7, 2007
can any one share the Gallery app look screen shot.please :)

Don't really know why you need this (you can't see much on it). But here it is:

2015-02-15-14-41-11.png

Reactions: vishal91

therealsniper69

Sep 16, 2013
Hi, I installed this using multirom and so far everything seems to be working.

Quick question though, on both android and ubuntu I can use the hybrid radio to get 4g/LTE. I notice with the Firefox OS that it only gets 3g and HSPA+. Is there a way to use the hybrid radio with firefox OS?

Remy.L

Aug 12, 2014
Hello,

I would like to know if the rom is also a bit laggy for you, because it is not very smooth in my nexus 4 and i have some problems with applications like
pdf readers for exemple (it can take a long time to open a pdf document and sometimes if does not work).
I'm just asking that, because this problem may be caused by my kernel (Last AK kernel) or primary rom (Euphoria os)

I have to thank you for your weekly builds and the work you do. :good::good:
Thanks in advance for the answers and have a nice day.

ashahin1

Dec 25, 2012
Arabic Keyboard is Missing

Hi I'd like to thank flamingspaz for his effort to bring this ROM to us. It's a very good OS to play with :good:. The only thing that I didn't like about this ROM is that there is no Arabic keyboard to use for input. I had tried a different Firefox OS ROM from another thread before I come here. This ROM was having the option to use Arabic as an input language. Thus, I think it is only a configuration option that can turn this feature on, am I right?
Thanks again :)

Csacsifiu

Feb 17, 2012
Budapest
I tried to install the 15-03-05 rom for the first time, but i failed. it says: "some symlinks failed".

Do i miss something? I tried flashing with the newest TWRP recovery.

SOLVED rebooted to recovery solved the problem

This build can only flash over KK version? If yes, why isn't there a description for installation?

Last edited:

Remy.L

Aug 12, 2014
This build perfectly work with multirom and in dual-boot with a lollipop version (i tried with liquidsmooth and ephoria os).
You can install it with multirom like others android rom by flashing the .zip file. (You should check the multirom thread if you don't know how to do it).

It is also impossible to install android app on it (and i'm not sure that you can use what'sapp, it may be possible to find an alternative). You can see all the apps you can find in Firefox OS there :
Firefox marketplace (as i posted only a few messages on xda, i cannot post outside links)

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

SunboX

Dec 7, 2007
I tried to install the 15-03-05 rom for the first time, but i failed. it says: "some symlinks failed".

Do i miss something? I tried flashing with the newest TWRP recovery.

This build can only flash over KK version? If yes, why isn't there a description for installation?

This is how I did it:

Download latest Factory Image (Android 5.0.1 (LRX22C)) for Nexus 4 from:
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/occam-lrx22c-factory-86c04af6.tgz

Flash it onto the Device:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader 

cd ./occam-lrx22c

fastboot oem unlock

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz30f.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.05.img

fastboot -w update image-occam-lrx22c.zip

cd ..

Download Recovery Image from:
http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-mako.img

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-mako.img

Download Firefox OS from:
https://yalam.co.uk/b2g/mako/fxos-mako-15-03-09.zip

Reboot into Recovery Mode. Then select:
install zip > install zip from sideload

Then Flash Firefox OS onto the Device:

Code:
adb sideload fxos-mako-15-03-09.zip

After sideload did finish:
go back > advanced > reboot to bootloader

Then execute:

Code:
fastboot oem lock

... and select "Start" ...

that's it. Booting Firefox OS on the Nexus 4 may take some minutes.

Csacsifiu

Feb 17, 2012
Budapest
This is how I did it:

Download latest Factory Image (Android 5.0.1 (LRX22C)) for Nexus 4 from:
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/occam-lrx22c-factory-86c04af6.tgz

Code:
adb reboot bootloader 

cd ./occam-lrx22c

fastboot oem unlock

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz30f.img

fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.05.img

fastboot -w update image-occam-lrx22c.zip

cd ..

Download Recovery Image from:
http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-mako.img

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-mako.img

Download Firefox OS from:
https://yalam.co.uk/b2g/mako/fxos-mako-15-03-09.zip

Reboot into Recovery Mode. Then select:
install zip > install zip from sideload

Then Flash Firefox OS onto the Device:

Code:
adb sideload fxos-mako-15-03-09.zip

After sideload did finish:
go back > advanced > reboot to bootloader

Then execute:

Code:
fastboot oem lock

... and select "Start" ...

that's it. Booting Firefox OS on the Nexus 4 may take some minutes.

smilie_sh_062.gif

I had a same problem with another zip. I rebooted the recovery and everything worked fine. No need to do these steps.

ashahin1

Dec 25, 2012
Hi I'd like to thank flamingspaz for his effort to bring this ROM to us. It's a very good OS to play with :good:. The only thing that I didn't like about this ROM is that there is no Arabic keyboard to use for input. I had tried a different Firefox OS ROM from another thread before I come here. This ROM was having the option to use Arabic as an input language. Thus, I think it is only a configuration option that can turn this feature on, am I right?
Thanks again :)

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Settings_list

I saw this link today, which have "keyboard.layouts.arabic Boolean false" as a default configuration.
Is there a way to turn this layout to true instead of false? I tried grabbing the file settings.json from the b2g/default directory and modify it, but nothing changed.

Thank you,
ashahin1

Last edited:

like427

Jun 13, 2008
kaliningrad
www.andreid.ru
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Settings_list

I saw this link today, which have "keyboard.layouts.arabic Boolean false" as a default configuration.
Is there a way to turn this layout to true instead of false? I tried grabbing the file settings.json from the b2g/default directory and modify it, but nothing changed.

Thank you,
ashahin1

Agree with this how to add Russian|Cyr language for keyboard?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFG_2015-04-06-13-08-09-2.png

DFG_2015-04-06-13-08-58-3.png

Firefox OS is the new mobile operating system developed by Mozilla, based on Linux and Firefox's powerful Gecko rendering engine.

Current Known Issues
    These builds are pre-alpha software. Expect bugs.
    • MTP/PTP is partially supported
    • Help support Firefox OS by reporting any issues you come across on bugzilla

Downloads (New versions every Monday)
    Flash this ROM at your own risk!
    Below are CWM/TWRP flashable zips. Latest build has been tested working with multirom.
    ALL DOWNLOADS

Enable full DevTools on TWRP multirom
    This will wipe any apps and settings you may have installed, but leave other roms and storage intact
    • Go to Settings > Developer
    • Toggle the "Factory Reset and Enable Full DevTools" switch
    • Click Enable and the phone will reboot to TWRP
    • Go to your ROM settings and wipe /data only
    • Reboot back into fxos and you will have devtools enabled
    Apologies for the lack of builds, last week it was failing and then I didn't have too much time.

I have added a build from today to the OP, it brings small new features and some performance improvements (especially with app switching).

Enjoy!
    Thanks, guys.

Wazzup with the new announcement that mozilla is discontinuing "developing firefox os for smartphones"? Many are interpreting this to mean that OS development is completely ending, even though that hasn't been explicitly stated. I took it to mean that they won't be supporting firefox os phones. But the future of OS development, and the ability to flash the rom, is not clear to me.

b2g is not dead, dont worry about that. It was really thrown out of line and not said correctly. We are not stopping development, we are no longer going to be signing contracts with any company for new devices. B2G in a sense yes its gone, we are now instead connected devices. we are kinda just changing orientation. not everything has been made public yet.

mozilla rep
    Firefox os qa
    Jamie charlton
    Updated OP with a list of all builds now, last one should be the latest.

New build is also up, now with 100% less blurry icons :good:
    what the different of FFOS and Android OS?

FxOS is fully open source (except hardware drivers). Android is only partly open source. FxOS has much lower hardware requirements and runs even on a $35 smartphone. The new low end Android One requires hardware for $100. And last, but in my case best feature, most parts of FxOS are build using JavaScript and HTML5 (and CSS....). They dropped the whole Java layer and booted directly into a "Firefox Browser". This one runs the whole "OS". This means, everyone who's a good web dev can easily modify FxOS. All source is at Github and there are good docs how you build and flash Gaia, the "main" part of FxOS.

And FxOS is from Mozilla. Mozilla's goal is to save the web, not to make money with user data.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone