ROM / Firmware/ Brick Recovery for 7" Android Head Unit AC8227l YT9217 YT9218 1/16GB

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
@lagakappa96 i have the same unit yt9216b 2/32 and at this moment im looking for the same. Unfortunately im now with firmware for 9250 and my touch screen and sensor keys dont work. Only with plugged mouse i can use the device. Tomorrow i will try with one of these and with the original preloader file from site : http://file.xygala.com/?dir=uploads/XY公版/9216/9216B/Android9.1/中文/横屏/1024x600/UI1_v6.5

To log there you can use username xyauto and password 123456

Im attaching screenshots with what i gave atm.
Thanks for your response! I am a little relieved that i'm not the only one with such problem.
I have (I think) all of the firmwares for any 1024x600 devices. Even tried to flash couple of the with different resolution - it didn't work at all (as expected)
However - I can't open the scatter file from the fw you gave me.I'm using SP Flash Tool 5.1924. I also tried to open it in versions 3.1328 and 1344, aswell as in ATC Flash Tool 2017.07.14
Did you use other scatter file and map files manually, or did you use other method?

EDIT: I flashed it successfully, don't know why flash tool won't opened file, after restarting pc it flashed. But it's still the same thing - splash and then blackscreen.

Last edited:

Scuderia_Alfa

Feb 20, 2021
hello everyone :)

Im new in here and i've bought a Yt9213a MCU1 unit with UI2 lancher on it...

I will love to try UI4 since i heard that we can play around with widgets, anyone have that UI available to download?

In APK format please...
I have a launcherUI4.apk that i downloaded from other topic but it didnt work! The headunit trows an error of instalation.

Proff55

Feb 21, 2021
Padova
Hello everybody (y)

I just joined the forum, but I have been following you a lot.
I am using an AC8227L HU with FW YT9216C_AHD_00005_V004_20190807_HIFI
With your help and that of the Russian site 4PDA, I installed TWRP and ROOT the system.
Added FMRadio with RDS also with name of the radios on the buttons.
I have a problem with TWRP vers. 3.0.2.0, which seems to be the only one working on these radios.
I can't make a backup even of the system partition.
After less than a minute, the video freezes and the system restarts.
Backing up small partitions like boot - lk - recovery etc does it without any problems.
Has anyone happened the same thing?
Thank you all for the work you are doing.

Attachments

Proff55

Feb 21, 2021
Padova
Hello everyone,
I tried to unlock the bootloader with fastboot commands, but the confirmation system allows me to press the volume key +.
Unfortunately my HU does not have the volume buttons but only the wheel.
Attached is the photo of the motherboard, the highlighted points refer to the unlocking of the system in case of total lockout.
Can anyone tell me which is the volume + point to put mass?
Thank you

Attachments

rosrus57

Sep 11, 2015
For anyone interested in the "Engineering test debugging" password after logging in, through the four eights...
It's no longer a secret - here she is:

From the menu there you could change the option for the stereo the system so that when the car is turned off, it not only stays stopped, but also turns off completely.

rosrus57

Sep 11, 2015
Sir Proff55 - These are exactly the points you mentioned ...
And here's how I took them out on the back cover ...
One (upper) volume increases and the other button decreases it ...
And do not give any of the conclusions "on the table" - both, as well as the others are not given to the table, but to the second with a larger diameter - in my case I soldered the white cable to this common point, namely the second point with the larger diameter ...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: quixcraiova

Proff55

Feb 21, 2021
Padova
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with TWRP vers. 3.0.2.0, which appears to be the only one to work on these radios.
I can't even backup the system partition.
After less than a minute, the video freezes and the system restarts.
Backing up small partitions like boot - lk - recovery etc. It does it without problems.
Screen timeout is disabled.
Did the same thing happen to anyone?
Is there a remedy?
Thank you all for the work you are doing.

rosrus57

Sep 11, 2015
Thank you,
so if I understand,
white / yellow = volume -
white / green = volume +
Thank you,
so if I understand,
white / yellow = volume -
white / green = volume +
No, it's the other way around - white and green are for reducing the volume, and white and yellow are for amplifying the sound. In fact, the connection between the two big points is to amplify the sound. Only it is needed to recover a broken device.
In fact, the wires are very thin, but enlarged in the picture they look thick...
The cables are relatively easy to solder at large points, but you have to be very careful about the small point - you have to have good eyesight and a soldering iron with a very sharp tip.

Attachments

Last edited:

Proff55

Feb 21, 2021
Padova
Thank you,
I had already found the post where it was described the unlocking of the bootloader with the photo you attached.
[Tutorial] AC8227L head units - how to unlock the bootloader
I had already tried but with negative result, the system wrote unlock failed.
In the post was also put this: In the image I attached, you're looking for the points marked 1 and 2. The caption on the image suggests they connect to Volume Up, but on every unit I've seen these points connect to Volume Down. Your mileage may vary. The layout of these points can vary from model to model, but they're always in this area.
Points 1 and 2 I used them for a hard reset after a total lockdown. (Big brick), fortunately fixed by restarting Flash Tool.
However, it does not matter, now I have no intention of taking the radio apart and trying.
Even with the bootloader locked, I rooted, installed TWRP, updated ROM, installed FMRadio with RDS, fixed the Mac Address that changed with each reboot etc.
Before doing anything, I had done a complete system dump including the userdata partition.

Thanks again for your concern.

Matchless 2015

Nov 13, 2015
Thank you,
I had already found the post where it was described the unlocking of the bootloader with the photo you attached.
[Tutorial] AC8227L head units - how to unlock the bootloader
I had already tried but with negative result, the system wrote unlock failed.
In the post was also put this: In the image I attached, you're looking for the points marked 1 and 2. The caption on the image suggests they connect to Volume Up, but on every unit I've seen these points connect to Volume Down. Your mileage may vary. The layout of these points can vary from model to model, but they're always in this area.
Points 1 and 2 I used them for a hard reset after a total lockdown. (Big brick), fortunately fixed by restarting Flash Tool.
However, it does not matter, now I have no intention of taking the radio apart and trying.
Even with the bootloader locked, I rooted, installed TWRP, updated ROM, installed FMRadio with RDS, fixed the Mac Address that changed with each reboot etc.
Before doing anything, I had done a complete system dump including the userdata partition.

Thanks again for your concern.
I have the same HU as yours with 2/32 memory and also want to update, but could not download TWRP for the 2/32 HU. Is there any possibility getting a copy of yours?
Thanks

Proff55

Feb 21, 2021
Padova
I got the recovery partition from a ROM downloaded from the 4PDA site: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dN6THOa6UfqepPvso1QN4_-kr66w_HHN/view
With Flash Tool, your scatter, flash file of the recovery partition only.
I have tried various recoveries and this one works.
Warning, it is not possible to make a full backup or backup of large partitions, as HU freezes, the monitor wobbles and then resets.
Small partitions all OK.
Zip file installation OK.
I have read somewhere that this problem is known and affects 1/16 and 2/32 systems.
For a complete backup of the ROM I used Flash Tool's Readback and with WwR_MTK I unpacked the ROM by obtaining the various partitions.
Before doing any operation on the ROM, always make a full backup.
This saved me in many HU brick situations.
Hi and good luck.

motinka

Jan 23, 2021
I flashed the radio, picked it up well, as you can see it in the picture. Then I assembled it, and after turning it on, it's the same as it used to be.
Black screen, side touch buttons illuminate.
What could be the problem?
error03.jpg

Matchless 2015

Nov 13, 2015
I got the recovery partition from a ROM downloaded from the 4PDA site: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dN6THOa6UfqepPvso1QN4_-kr66w_HHN/view
With Flash Tool, your scatter, flash file of the recovery partition only.
I have tried various recoveries and this one works.
Warning, it is not possible to make a full backup or backup of large partitions, as HU freezes, the monitor wobbles and then resets.
Small partitions all OK.
Zip file installation OK.
I have read somewhere that this problem is known and affects 1/16 and 2/32 systems.
For a complete backup of the ROM I used Flash Tool's Readback and with WwR_MTK I unpacked the ROM by obtaining the various partitions.
Before doing any operation on the ROM, always make a full backup.
This saved me in many HU brick situations.
Hi and good luck.
Thanks much appreciated!

lolloxda

May 13, 2009
Roma
Hello,

Unfortunately after Flashing a wrong firmware I made a Hard Brick.

Now connecting the USB cable is not detected by the PC.

I tried with the Test Point with current connected and also without, unfortunately
the PC does not recognize anything.
I also tried with the GND cable to do the Test Point but nothing ...

I have tried in every way, but nothing does not give signs of life the usb ....

Can anyone help me?

My model is originally a 1/16 YT9216B.

Thank you.

lolloxda

May 13, 2009
Roma
@lolloxda ,try to use 4 pin USB and again try with the wire method with two test points. When i was in your situation my 6 pin USB did not the job. Im giving you link for rom im using atm on 2/32 i hope it will help you.
I use the USB cable out from radio, i ever use it to flash...

Attachments