• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM & FIX] (fastboot) 2.3.4 OrangeFR (Jul5: 4.5.2A-11) w/ RAM fix for Intl. unlocked

Search This thread

eval-

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2008
[ROM & FIX] (fastboot) 2.3.4 OrangeFR (Jul5: 4.5.2A-11) w/ RAM fix for Intl. unlocked

Hi all... a new Gingerbread build is on the block, released July 5. Happens to be where international users got their unlock from. Huge kudos to Stevendeb25 for finding this OTA, and SamCripp and the rest of the Cheesecake crew for trolling moto's servers. Perhaps some of you can join in and find an unlockable bootloader for Droid X2 or Droid3?

As you know, the international unlock has a nasty limited RAM issue. Seems to me the bootloader isn't passing ATAGs or cmdline correctly to the kernel (second mem= is missing in cmdline.) Many thanks to Edgan for his hack of forcing --cmdline to mkbootimg. Unfortunately there is more than one tegrapart= in the wild. Read carefully! In the future we will try to have a much cleaner workaround for the broken ATAGs.

Finally, enormous thanks to my RAM boot.img testers and OTA guinea pigs Mossys and papy-polo !! Hit up all these people with some 'thanks' please! Now, without further ado.. a nice smooth build...

Orange FR Gingerbread 2.3.4

UPDATE: system.img fixed for some users' 3G/H+ data issues... gtalk w/ video, missing media sounds, no CWM overwrite, etc

All other important files are attached. How to use? First, get moto-fastboot (and if needed, run with sudo!)

Then, put your phone in fastboot mode (volume-down on boot, then volume-up) and if you want to run Orange FR 2.3.4 system:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash system ORFR234-system.img

If you want Orange FR 2.3.4 webtop, download it, and:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img

If you are an ATT user who wants to run Orange FR 2.3.4, you can:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot OLYEM4.5.2A-11.boot.img

If you're an international user who wants Orange FR 2.3.4 (with RAM fix), you must FIRST:
Code:
su
cat /proc/cmdline
on your phone!!!

If you see tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-d00100.boot.img

If you see tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-1100100.boot.img

I suspect these boot.img will 'fix' RAM for unlocked internationals on any Gingerbread 2.3.x build (only), but this as faux123 helpfully points out, your modules must match (important for wifi, vpn) ! So for now, these boot.img with quick & dirty RAM fix are only for this Orange FR 2.3.4 system.img!! (Unless you want to copy around dhd.ko and parts of /system/lib/hw between /systems...)

AS ALWAYS, you may need to "fastboot -w" to get out of a bootloop! (especially switching 2.2.x to 2.3.x)

This build comes pre-rooted, with busybox returned (Moto nixed it) and all the goodies from the HKTW build in /system/xbin. Enjoy!!! Thanks to everyone in #moto-atrix, as usual =)

If you are having 3G/H+ data issues:

replace /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so with attached one, or moto-fastboot new system.img above

CWM file for radio: ORFR 2.3.4 radio CWM

Attachments

• INTL-ORFR234-tegrapart-d00.boot.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 11,257
  • INTL-ORFR234-tegrapart-1100.boot.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 7,557
  • ATT-ORFR234.boot.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 2,055
  • 4591-libmotoril.zip
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,716
Last edited:

Mossys

Apr 7, 2011
2v9ol85.png

3308aw4.png

2jcf3gz.png

Cheers! :3

Last edited:

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Awesome!! Thanks guys!! So wicked to see everyone pulling together and kicking so much ass!! :cool:

sheharyarali

Feb 20, 2010
Hi all... a new Gingerbread build is on the block, released July 5. Happens to be where international users got their unlock from. Huge kudos to Stevendeb25 for finding this OTA, and SamCripp and the rest of the Cheesecake crew for trolling moto's servers. Perhaps some of you can join in and find an unlockable bootloader for Droid X2 or Droid3?

As you know, the international unlock has a nasty limited RAM issue. Seems to me the bootloader isn't passing ATAGs or cmdline correctly to the kernel (second mem= is missing in cmdline.) Many thanks to Edgan for his hack of forcing --cmdline to mkbootimg. Unfortunately there is more than one tegrapart= in the wild. Read carefully! In the future we will try to have a cleaner workaround for Moto's bugs.

Finally, enormous thanks to my RAM boot.img testers and OTA guinea pigs Mossys and papy-polo !! Hit up all these people with some 'thanks' please! Now, without further ado..

All other important files are attached. How to use? First, get moto-fastboot (and if needed, run with sudo!)

Then, put your phone in fastboot mode (volume-down on boot, then volume-up):
Code:

If you want webtop, download it, and:
Code:

If you are an ATT user (only!), you can:
Code:

If you are an international user, you must FIRST:
Code:
cat /proc/cmdline
on your phone!!!

If you see tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800
Code:

If you see tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800
Code:

I suspect these boot.img will fix RAM for unlocked internationals on any Gingerbread 2.3.x build (only), but this is totally untested.

This build comes pre-rooted, with busybox returned (Moto nixed it) and all the goodies from the HKTW build in /system/xbin. Enjoy!!! Thanks to everyone in #moto-atrix, as usual =)

PS. For those who want to make a radio .sbf: ORFR 2.3.4 radio

PPS. Attached recovery is totally untested! (May need to be repacked with new cmdline, or??) All of this at your own risk!!

Hi, I reaaly need help as i unlocked my bootloader and am stuck with only 300mb of ram. My initial specs system info was:

System Version: 4.1.31.MB860.Orange.ed.GB
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband: N_01.86.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: OLYEM_U4_1.3.1

After unlocking its

System Version: 4.5.91MB860.ATT.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.4
Build Number: 4.5.91

Is there any way to get back my 1gb ram? Even if i lose root and unlock thats fine.

If i use the above code which one should i use? I wasnt on ATT but now i am.

Sorry for the stupid question but im fairly new to android.

Thanks

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Hi, I reaaly need help as i unlocked my bootloader and am stuck with only 300mb of ram. My initial specs system info was:

After unlocking its

Is there any way to get back my 1gb ram? Even if i lose root and unlock thats fine.

Thanks

whichever the output is from completing

eval-

Sep 24, 2008

After unlocking its

Thanks

See the post above yours. cat /proc/cmdline in adb or terminal explorer, and pick one of the two boot.imgs that fits. No one has tested RAM fix with 4.5.91 so if you don't wanna run Orange FR, just give it a shot and see if it fixes it!

ScottRTL

Jun 23, 2010
Surrey, BC
If I already have 2.3.4 AT&T Image installed on a International Atrix, do I still have to flash the ORFR Image, or will the commands work and allow me to be free of the RAM issue?

I am no n00b, but the instructions don't make a lot of sense to me... Can we get a step by step in the order that we are supposed to do it? Sorry, just don't want a brick...

Last edited:

eval-

Sep 24, 2008
You need to try one of the 2.3.4 Orange FR boot.img that correspond to the tegrapart= in your partition table. That's why you have to get into your phone and "cat /proc/cmdline" first. I dunno if it'll work with other 2.3.x builds... but probably? Have the old boot.img around to back up from if you want to keep your old build and limited RAM.

If I already have 2.3.4 AT&T Image installed on a International Atrix, do I still have to flash the ORFR Image, or will the commands work and allow me to be free of the RAM issue?

I am no n00b, but the instructions don't make a lot of sense to me... Can we get a step by step in the order that we are supposed to do it? Sorry, just don't want a brick...

ScottRTL

Jun 23, 2010
Surrey, BC
You need to try one of the 2.3.4 Orange FR boot.img that correspond to the tegrapart= in your partition table. That's why you have to get into your phone and "cat /proc/cmdline" first. I dunno if it'll work with other 2.3.x builds... but probably? Have the old boot.img around to back up from if you want to keep your old build and limited RAM.

Sorry, I am not sure why I am having issues understanding what I need to do here...

when I cat proc/cmdline my output is:

tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800

So this means I need "ORFR234-tegrapart-d00100.boot"

so now I just "moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-d00100.boot.img" with my phone in fastboot? and the .boot.img file in my default directory that I am moto-fastboot(ing) from?...??? Or am I confused here...?

eval-

Sep 24, 2008
after flashing the new boot.img, i wifi cant work and if i flash a new kernel, my total memory will be 380mb like the stock boot.img :( any fix ?
Eval, I got wifi error after flash it.. trying to find why

Try to flash the ATT ORFR234 boot.img let me know your wifi comes back. What carriers? You will go back to 300mb, but if wifi returns we can probably figure this out. Might take another day or two though, as it's way past bedtime where I am.

yungboss22

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal, Canada
back to 380mb with ATT boot.img and 900mb with tegrapart 1100 boot.img Im using KP's gingerbread beta 4
edit: no wifi with ATT boot.img
Try to flash the ATT ORFR234 boot.img let me know your wifi comes back. What carriers? You will go back to 300mb, but if wifi returns we can probably figure this out. Might take another day or two though, as it's way past bedtime where I am.

cailloup

Aug 23, 2010
Phone from Orange FR
I unlocked and flash att 2.3.4 "4.5.91"
Advanced task killer said 80md available max

Then flashed moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-1100100.boot.img
Advanced task killer said 580mb available

setcpu:
total:900852
active:383296

Success!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As you know, the international unlock has a nasty limited RAM issue. Seems to me the bootloader isn't passing ATAGs or cmdline correctly to the kernel (second mem= is missing in cmdline.) Many thanks to Edgan for his hack of forcing --cmdline to mkbootimg. Unfortunately there is more than one tegrapart= in the wild. Read carefully! In the future we will try to have a much cleaner workaround for the broken ATAGs.

Finally, enormous thanks to my RAM boot.img testers and OTA guinea pigs Mossys and papy-polo !! Hit up all these people with some 'thanks' please! Now, without further ado.. a nice smooth build...

UPDATE: system.img fixed for some users' 3G/H+ data issues... gtalk w/ video, missing media sounds, no CWM overwrite, etc

Then, put your phone in fastboot mode (volume-down on boot, then volume-up) and if you want to run Orange FR 2.3.4 system:
    Code:

If you want Orange FR 2.3.4 webtop, download it, and:
    Code:

If you are an ATT user who wants to run Orange FR 2.3.4, you can:
    Code:

If you're an international user who wants Orange FR 2.3.4 (with RAM fix), you must FIRST:
    Code:
    su
    cat /proc/cmdline
    on your phone!!!

If you see tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800:
    Code:

If you see tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800:
    Code:

I suspect these boot.img will 'fix' RAM for unlocked internationals on any Gingerbread 2.3.x build (only), but this as faux123 helpfully points out, your modules must match (important for wifi, vpn) ! So for now, these boot.img with quick & dirty RAM fix are only for this Orange FR 2.3.4 system.img!! (Unless you want to copy around dhd.ko and parts of /system/lib/hw between /systems...)

AS ALWAYS, you may need to "fastboot -w" to get out of a bootloop! (especially switching 2.2.x to 2.3.x)

If you are having 3G/H+ data issues:

replace /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so with attached one, or moto-fastboot new system.img above

CWM file for radio: ORFR 2.3.4 radio CWM
    Happy Unlocking and GB for all you international and at&t guys and Gals :D

enjoy...........
    Hello,

I meet the same "new feature" about phone is ringing when bat is low , and i hate it !

Anyone get the same thing ? how can i disabling it ?

tks

You get this problem when there are system sound files missing.

Download the sound files from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1171527 and add the files within into your Atrix using root explorer under System/media/audio/ui if my memory serves me right.

Let me know if the problem persists. This should fix the problem though!

Note: I am not responsible for anything wrong that you do to your Atrix. Do a CWM backup if you are unsure of what to do...i am only trying to help here. :)
    Am I the only one to have problems with the laptop keyboards ?

The list is empty (the 2.2.2 from Orange got a list of keyboards including Azerty)

So i can't change the laptop keyboard. a LatinIME.apk problem or something like that ?

I have the same problem, I fix it opening the LXTerminal and executing "sudo setxkbmap (es)", the es between () is because I have an spanish dist keyboard. When you write the sentence type it without "" and ().