[ROM][flo|deb][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 20.0]

Search This thread

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Google Drive Security Update

Google Drive applied security updates on September 13th.
For this reason the access links for my shared folders have been changed.

The links on the first page and for the last build have been updated already.

Pls find new link below ..

Cheers (y)

bobemoe

Aug 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Has any kind dev here got a build env set up and easily able to build a custom kernel for me? I've been trying for weeks now with no luck, my slow net connection and limited storage space is making the 300GB+ build nearly impossible.

Alternatively, what are the chances of getting some modules enabled in this build?

I'm trying to enable CONFIG_USB_* in the kernel, looking to get my Ethernet adapter working, as per https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-flo-deb-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-2021-09-10.3569067/post-85434013

Many thanks :)

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Asus Zenfone 9
Has any kind dev here got a build env set up and easily able to build a custom kernel for me? I've been trying for weeks now with no luck, my slow net connection and limited storage space is making the 300GB+ build nearly impossible.

Alternatively, what are the chances of getting some modules enabled in this build?

I'm trying to enable CONFIG_USB_* in the kernel, looking to get my Ethernet adapter working, as per https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-flo-deb-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-2021-09-10.3569067/post-85434013

Many thanks :)
Here is the build of elementalX kernel with RTL8150 enabled for testing (As I didn't have followmsi's kernel cloned repo around)
Thanks Followmsi for the source

Attachments

• ElementalX-N7-7.02-Eleven-20210926-RTL8150-AK3.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: followmsi and ipdev

bobemoe

Aug 5, 2021
Here is the build of elementalX kernel with RTL8150 enabled for testing
Thanks :D I have this flashed to my device now and everything seems to still be functioning, but unfortunately the USB Ethernet Adapter is still not recognized. I'd be expecting to see "Ethernet" appear in settings under "Network and Internet". I've disabled Wifi and tried airplane mode, and tried booting with it connected like suggested in a lot of threads. I wonder if this ROM actually has support for this once the Kernel mod is enabled?

There are other CONFIG_USB_NET_* that may need enabling too. I'd really like to be able to do it myself, rather than keep asking. Are there any guides on how to compile the kernel? I've got Docker on a powerful machine, but slow network connection, so something using that would be ideal. I think last time I was trying to build the whole ROM rather than just the kernel. Just not sure where to start :/

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Asus Zenfone 9
Thanks :D I have this flashed to my device now and everything seems to still be functioning, but unfortunately the USB Ethernet Adapter is still not recognized. I'd be expecting to see "Ethernet" appear in settings under "Network and Internet". I've disabled Wifi and tried airplane mode, and tried booting with it connected like suggested in a lot of threads. I wonder if this ROM actually has support for this once the Kernel mod is enabled?

There are other CONFIG_USB_NET_* that may need enabling too. I'd really like to be able to do it myself, rather than keep asking. Are there any guides on how to compile the kernel? I've got Docker on a powerful machine, but slow network connection, so something using that would be ideal. I think last time I was trying to build the whole ROM rather than just the kernel. Just not sure where to start :/
It is possible to compile a kernel with wsl2 but it's a bit tricky to setup. You need to enable case sensitive per directory if the error occur while compiling.
Also clone repo with wsl2 as well for correct line ending.
To compile the kernel you can check this guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: followmsi

bobemoe

Aug 5, 2021
To compile the kernel you can check this guide.
Perfect. I'm now able to compile my own kernel :) Thanks for the link

Now, I'm thinking that I actually need the R8152 (rather than 8150) drivers that don't seem to be included. I've maybe found a source for them https://github.com/wget/realtek-r8152-linux but I'm not sure how or if I can just drop that into the kernel tree for compiling?! Something about adding them to Makefile and Kconfig. Sounds a bit hacky!

My current question is why are they not included in this kernel? I think they are included upstream? https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common.git/+/bcmdhd-3.10/drivers/net/usb/r8152.c but I'm not sure if that's for a different platform?

Norghul

May 15, 2013
did you format it afterwards? https://xdaforums.com/t/repartition-nexus-7-2013-repartition-flo-deb-16gb-32gb-ua-twrp.3844386/

7. Format everything. (mount errors will not affect formatting!)
- In TWRP: Wipe > Format data
- Type yes
- Once this completes go to: Wipe > Advanced Wipe
- Tick all the boxes and wipe. There should be no further mount errors. (Thanks @mr_rubbish for corrections in formatting).

Working fine now that was the missings steps for me, thanks a lot for your help :)

Reactions: killeriq

amem

Nov 9, 2010
LineageOS 18.1 - September 2021

lineage-18.1-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-flo.zip
lineage-18.1-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> September 2021
- Some kernel updates
- Patched frameworks/base & apps/PermissionController to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Pls check first page for installation instruction and known issues !

Tested flo build with opengapps (pico) and Magisk 23.0.
Installed with latest TWRP 3.5.2.

Enjoy Android 11 :p
Thank you for your time and effort for making this device alive.
If i want to update to the latest version with September security update, do I have to factory reset or can I install over my current version?

jaucar

Dec 24, 2010
Its a long shot, but maybe someone have an idea.
My nexus discharges rapidly, more than 1A on full brightness. Charges only 300-700ma.
And even discharges 52% in 5 hours when tablet is powered off and red square area was warm.
I bought it this way long time ago, hoped los 18 will solve something.
Any fix or just toss it into a bin?
You can change the battery. It is not difficult, there are tutorials on YouTube that explain how to do ityou can change the battery. It is not difficult, there are tutorials on YouTube that explain how to do it

dickxabre

Jul 12, 2012
Hong Kong
I have completed to flash LineageOS 18.1 into my Nexus DEB (LTE). Afterward, i just install VLC player for watch clips.

Run the VLC, i found that screen rotation is not work when play movie. I have try the browser but screen not turn to landscape.

Is any issue on 18.1 ROM? or I have to flash to OS ver 17???

Thanks you.

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I have completed to flash LineageOS 18.1 into my Nexus DEB (LTE). Afterward, i just install VLC player for watch clips.

Run the VLC, i found that screen rotation is not work when play movie. I have try the browser but screen not turn to landscape.

Is any issue on 18.1 ROM? or I have to flash to OS ver 17???

Thanks you.
Hi. :)

Just double checked on my deb.

For the browser, you can turn on Auto-rotate
or
Rotate the device and then tap the rotate icon on the menu bar before you play the video in full screen.
Normally full screen will hide the menu bar so, the rotate icon will be hidden.​

VLC on the other hand, will override the rotate setting.

Make sure you have it set in VLC's settings.
More-> Settings-> Video screen orientation-> Automatic (sensor)

A while back I did have an issue with VLC's rotation and navigation.
I do not remember the VLC version but, it seemed to be fixed in the next version of VLC.

--
Notes:

My deb has not been updated lately, I am running an August build of l18.1 with an August build of OpenGApps (No Magisk).
I was testing Android Auto so I only had Google Maps, Pandora and YouTube Music installed.​

I installed VLC from PlayStore to check rotation.
VLC version 3.3.4

I will do a clean flash in a few days with the October build of lineageOS 18.1.
I will probably stay with open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210825-UNOFFICIAL.zip for now since it stable.

Cheers. :cowboy:

PS.
I was testing Android Auto for OpenGApps and it worked fine on deb. ;)

dickxabre

Jul 12, 2012
Hong Kong

or
Rotate the device and then tap the rotate icon on the menu bar before you play the video in full screen.
Normally full screen will hide the menu bar so, the rotate icon will be hidden.​

I do not remember the VLC version but, it seemed to be fixed in the next version of VLC.

--
Notes:

My deb has not been updated lately, I am running an August build of l18.1 with an August build of OpenGApps (No Magisk).
I was testing Android Auto so I only had Google Maps, Pandora and YouTube Music installed.​

VLC version 3.3.4

I will probably stay with open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210825-UNOFFICIAL.zip for now since it stable.

PS.

Hi & thanks for your reply:)

Yes, i have select the rotate button on VLC before make N7 into landscape (final doesnt work) . After this i check with broswer also same issue. Hence i doubt on my N7 hardware issue or 18.1 OS issue....

Yes, I will check the setting on VLC setting , after i back to home.

Does any suggestion on android movie player app? or VLC player is the best one?

Reactions: ipdev

dickxabre

Jul 12, 2012
Hong Kong

or

--
Notes:

VLC version 3.3.4

PS.

Hello

Just back to home and run a quick test and got below result.....

OS: LineageOS 18.1 with opengapp pico (turn on Auto-rotate function)
App installed: VLC 3.4 (have set the auto rotation on video orientation setting)

A. Normal Playback: VLC run in portrait mode (rotate button doesnt work)

B. Orientation Setting: Force to set landscape. VLC will play movie as landscape mode.
However, when i quit VLC app, LineageOS will keep landscape mode and canot return as normal,
until i go to VLC setting to portrait mode

-----------------------

I have intrigued on this case, so i download sensor test apk from apkmirror.
As result, i found that there is a error on Gyro Sensor (XYZ axis no respones).

Does my Nexus 7 got hw issue?

Or can it fix for re-fresh OS 18.1 again?

Thanks

IMG_20211007_220125S.jpg

IMG_20211007_220132S.jpg

IMG_20211007_220140S.jpg

Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hello

Just back to home and run a quick test and got below result.....

OS: LineageOS 18.1 with opengapp pico (turn on Auto-rotate function)
App installed: VLC 3.4 (have set the auto rotation on video orientation setting)

A. Normal Playback: VLC run in portrait mode (rotate button doesnt work)

B. Orientation Setting: Force to set landscape. VLC will play movie as landscape mode.
However, when i quit VLC app, LineageOS will keep landscape mode and canot return as normal,
until i go to VLC setting to portrait mode

-----------------------

I have intrigued on this case, so i download sensor test apk from apkmirror.
As result, i found that there is a error on Gyro Sensor (XYZ axis no respones).

Does my Nexus 7 got hw issue?

Or can it fix for re-fresh OS 18.1 again?

Thanks

View attachment 5427525

View attachment 5427529
View attachment 5427531
That would be the problem. :(

I am not sure if there is an easy way to figure out if it is a hardware or firmware issue. :unsure:

I will look and see what I can find about it. 🙃

PS.
One of my must have apps. ;)
DevCheck - xdaThread - Link

PPS.
A complete clean flash might fix it? :unsure:
It is worth a shot. :D

dickxabre

Jul 12, 2012
Hong Kong
That would be the problem. :(

I am not sure if there is an easy way to figure out if it is a hardware or firmware issue. :unsure:

I will look and see what I can find about it. 🙃

PS.
One of my must have apps. ;)
DevCheck - xdaThread - Link

Google search , some website wrote that if Gyro XYZ reading is 0,0,0. Maybe Hardware/ cable issue, not related to OS/software.

Sorry for inconvenience. I will go for it tonight and try fix it.:)

As i wan to re-use this old pad as my "mobile movie player.";)

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
LineageOS 18.1 - October 2021

lineage-18.1-20211008-UNOFFICIAL-flo.zip
lineage-18.1-20211008-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> October 2021
- Patched frameworks/base & apps/PermissionController to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Pls check first page for installation instruction and known issues !

Tested flo build with opengapps (pico) and Magisk 23.0.
Installed with latest TWRP 3.5.2.

Enjoy Android 11 :p

Top Liked Posts