[ROM][flo|deb][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 20.0]

Search This thread

bobemoe

Aug 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
@followmsi thanks for linking to the relevant file. I've never built LinageOS before so just enabling it may be interesting task! ;)

I plan to:

1. Clone the repo you linked to
2. Modify the file to enable the kernel mod
3. Somehow create a local_manifests.xml to point at my custom repo (is there one I can copy & modify?)
3. Use the docker image lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd to run a build

Does this sound about right? Is there a build guide I could follow for this?

Thanks

killeriq

Dec 10, 2008
Hi. :)

The TWRP recovery log file will show more information.
/tmp/recovery.log

The temp directory is empty after boot, so you need to copy the log file after the error and before you reboot the device.
Easiest is to pull the file to your computer using adb.
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

The recovery.log file should also be included in the OpenGApps log files.
OpenGApps saves the logs in the directoy it is being installed from or the root of sdcard.

There has been comments across Redit, TeleGram, and xda about the last few builds of OpenGApps.
I belive most have droped back to the 0724 builds if I remember correctly.

You only need to partition once.
If you ran claymor's then you do not need to run another.

If Lineage 18 installed correctly, then you have a larger system partition.
The stock system partition is 840M. Lineage 18 builds using 1100M (1.1G) so it can not fit on the stock partition.

Cheers. :cowboy:
Thanks for your reply...i had it already working so didnt want to mess around.

Got another LTE / deb in my hands and tried the "sysrepart_1280_120.zip" right after:
1. unlocking bootloader
2. flashed twrp-3.5.2_9-0-deb_followmsi

Log Files attached
recovery1 - ran sysrepart_1280_120.zip with USB cable inside tablet/PC
recovery2 - then i thought may should take it out
recovery - after reboot i ran it again without cable

3. Wipe
Factory reset
DATA
Advanced wipe - all ticked

4. reboot into recovery

put to install
lineage-18.1-20210721-UNOFFICIAL-deb
open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210813

and again ERROR 70

Not sure what im doing wrong, but with "sysrepart_1280_120.zip" is just not working or the instructions are not good :/

6. applied "flo-deb_clamor_repartition.zip" then in Terminal (twrp) entered "modify"
7. reboot into recovery
8. wipe data , all....
9. reboot to recovery
put to install
lineage-18.1-20210721-UNOFFICIAL-deb
open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210813

Installation of ROM and gAPPS went just fine

----

So question is
INSTALL "flo-deb_clamor_repartition.zip" first and then "sysrepart_1280_120.zip" over it?
To do repartition first and then "resize" it?

EDIT:
Even after "flo-deb_clamor_repartition.zip" first where installation went fine , then i've installer "sysrepart_1280_120.zip" over it...again ERROR 70 after open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210813

so not working for me at all

Last edited:

imaz01

Feb 1, 2016
I have updated the lineage 18 and NikGapps. I noticed with the Android11, the Slimport HDMI output connection now hangs the device when you connect. There is no output either. Anyone notice this?

names

Jun 28, 2013
Closing the loop. I tried to just flash the kernel and got into a loop. I then just flashed the unofficial over the official which corrected the boot loop. I then applied the kernel with no issues. Following that I build a new Magisk image and applied that through TWRP. Booted up fine and Magisk checks out. I then loaded EX Manager from the app store and turned on otg+charging, fast charge, and other needed features. All is working now far as I can tell and it seems like audio quality also improved.

There is a weird issue where when I enable bluetooth it bounces on and off about 5 times and then turns on officially. Too early to know if that's going to be an issue. I'll do my diligence on that if so and then revert back.

Really appreciate all the effort on these builds and the extra pointer to get me right where I wanted to be, Android 11 with near Timur functionality.
I know this post is a bit old, forgive me, but did you say you were able to get OTG+charging to work with this ROM? I'm looking to do the tablet install into my car to use as a head unit, and would definitely prefer this ROM versus the last official for the device as the thing is beyond slow and lagging. I had this ROM flashed a while back, but had to go back to stock for the fear that I would lose the capabilities of Timur's kernel for a dash install.
All help is greatly appreciated.

billyburly

Nov 29, 2007
I've resized and still get the ERROR 70 message. cache is about 120mb and system is 1.2gb. I formatted system before installing. After installing the lineage zip 999mb of system is used and there is 261mb free. This is somehow not enough for opengapps. I used the repartition zip from this thread. Does it no longer work and need an even larger system partition?

killeriq

Dec 10, 2008
I've resized and still get the ERROR 70 message. cache is about 120mb and system is 1.2gb. I formatted system before installing. After installing the lineage zip 999mb of system is used and there is 261mb free. This is somehow not enough for opengapps. I used the repartition zip from this thread. Does it no longer work and need an even larger system partition?
use this one...the one it this thread is useless and had the same problem

Attachments

• flo-deb_clamor_repartition.zip
    186.5 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: imaz01

imaz01

Feb 1, 2016
I used the one in the link I provided above, which I chose the -extreme which I believe is around 1.4gb. I then used nikgapps, installed smoothly. None of the OpenGapps work for me, something about corruption.

xitpu

Jan 13, 2010
Hello,
using this rom I am not able to install a big game from playstore (it uses obb folder) (Mario Lego for my son).

Then I try to:
- using xapk, it fails.
- download and copy it as apk+obb, but I am not able to copy obb into obb folder (Android 11 security policies)
- Then I install magisks, but still this folder is not writable (or readable)
- Still I try to use adb to push the obb file, but I have a 'adb: error: failed to copy' message.

How should I write into obb folder?
I have root access but still this folder is not readable/writable.

Thanks!

Jrieann

Feb 21, 2021
Hello,
using this rom I am not able to install a big game from playstore (it uses obb folder) (Mario Lego for my son).

Then I try to:
- using xapk, it fails.
- download and copy it as apk+obb, but I am not able to copy obb into obb folder (Android 11 security policies)
- Then I install magisks, but still this folder is not writable (or readable)
- Still I try to use adb to push the obb file, but I have a 'adb: error: failed to copy' message.

How should I write into obb folder?
I have root access but still this folder is not readable/writable.

Thanks!
Me too!
This ROM, regardless of the playstore on Gapps and MicroG, cannot install games containing obb files normally.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
LineageOS 18.1 - September 2021

lineage-18.1-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-flo.zip
lineage-18.1-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip

Changes:

- Google Security updates -> September 2021
- Some kernel updates
- Patched frameworks/base & apps/PermissionController to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 11

Pls check first page for installation instruction and known issues !

Tested flo build with opengapps (pico) and Magisk 23.0.
Installed with latest TWRP 3.5.2.

Enjoy Android 11 :p

Last edited:

Yesthatsme

Dec 13, 2020
I've resized and still get the ERROR 70 message. cache is about 120mb and system is 1.2gb. I formatted system before installing. After installing the lineage zip 999mb of system is used and there is 261mb free. This is somehow not enough for opengapps. I used the repartition zip from this thread. Does it no longer work and need an even larger system partition
I use open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20210130-UNOFFICIAL_TEST.zip provided by @ipdev .
All the more recent versions are too big and raise error 70 on my deb.

Ignass

Mar 22, 2013
Its a long shot, but maybe someone have an idea.
My nexus discharges rapidly, more than 1A on full brightness. Charges only 300-700ma.
And even discharges 52% in 5 hours when tablet is powered off and red square area was warm.
I bought it this way long time ago, hoped los 18 will solve something.
Any fix or just toss it into a bin?

Attachments

• 2013-Nexus-7-screen-replacement-repair-guide~2.jpg
    2013-Nexus-7-screen-replacement-repair-guide~2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210919-054213_OsmAnd+_055006~2.png
    Screenshot_20210919-054213_OsmAnd+_055006~2.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 43

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 5T
Hi all. :)
A bit of OT. 🙃

I ran a crDroid build using followmsi's lineage sources.

crDroid v7.7
Android 11

Changes:
- June 2021 Google security updates
- Latest crDroid changes for Android 11

This is a one-off build.
I currently do not have the time to test/maintain a regular update for crDroid.

Note:
Tested on flo.
crDroid is a bit larger than lineage..​
- OpenGapps nano did not fit on a 1.3G system.​
- OpenGApps pico installed with no problems.​

Links.
crDroid Android - Personal Builds - SourceForge - Link
OpenGApps - Post 3,267 - Link

Cheers all. :cowboy:
Thanks for the work! Glad there is still lots of desire to build on this lovely device even though its age is starting to show.

Reactions: ipdev

slider_72

Mar 25, 2013
Today, in the course of experiments, I found out that on firmware "lineage-18.1-20210910-UNOFFICIAL-deb" with the installed core "ElementalX-N7-7.02-Eleven-20201130-AK3" - the problem with the inability to install the application cache in "/obb" remains.
If you use the kernel included in the firmware, there is no such problem.

P.S. I also wanted to try to install "MindTheGapps" (since the LOS developers recommend it so actively), but neither the installation immediately after the device firmware, nor after the reboot into the recovery mode, nor after the first reboot of the system - did not lead to the desired result.
The problem has already been discussed earlier (I read about it here), but I could not overcome it.
As a result, he returned to BiTGApps ...

P.P.S. I am very grateful to people for the tremendous work they have done to keep this device "afloat".

Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Its a long shot, but maybe someone have an idea.
My nexus discharges rapidly, more than 1A on full brightness. Charges only 300-700ma.
And even discharges 52% in 5 hours when tablet is powered off and red square area was warm.
I bought it this way long time ago, hoped los 18 will solve something.
Any fix or just toss it into a bin?
If I remember correctly, the power management chip is on that side.

If the battery is going bad it could cause the chip to heat up.
If the chip is going bad, it could run hot.

Could also be a shorted connection or one of the other components.

Unless the battery has been replaced, it is between six and ten years old. ;)
Depending on production date.

If it is the battery, not that expensive and easy to change.

If it is the chip, inexpensive but, not easy to replace unless you are good with micro-soldering.
Instead of replacing just the chip, you can find a replacement main board.
Easy to switch out (Not that expensive a few years ago.)

The heat-sink(s) are on that side (under the copper covering) the chips are on the other side.
It has been a while since I had one open. ;)

Still one of my favorite tablets so, personally I would probably repair it. 🙃

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: followmsi

Top Liked Posts