[ROM][flo|deb][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 19.1] -> 2022-05-11

Search This thread

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
Just for info ..

vendor/gapps requires approx. 1 GB disk space .. not more.

You do not build gapps .. you are using a bunch of prebuilt gapps apk files.
You increase system.img size by including those gapps.

https://gitlab.com/PixelExperience/vendor_gapps

As well .. the manifest is configured to pull latest revision only - of all the apk files.
Exactly for this reason -> to save disk space on build machine.

Just have try .. you may still take over PE later on :)

Cheers

Thank you I will look into it:)

Edit: is there any way I can contact you I am running into problems with building the ROMs I wanted and unfortunately you disabled your pm. I really need your help as I really want to create more ROMs for everyone but I can't seem to get them building. If you have the time feel free to email me my email is [email protected] and if you have telegram or Skype we can chat on there:) Hope to hear from you soon:)

Last edited:

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
I flashed the march version of ElementalX kernel but not getting OTG+charging. Is there a setting to be turned on, or perhaps OTG cable needs to be re-plugged in?

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Thank you I will look into it:)

Edit: is there any way I can contact you I am running into problems with building the ROMs I wanted and unfortunately you disabled your pm. I really need your help as I really want to create more ROMs for everyone but I can't seem to get them building. If you have the time feel free to email me my email is [email protected]ail.com and if you have telegram or Skype we can chat on there:) Hope to hear from you soon:)
PM is not blocked .. never been.

In case of problems send me a PM with your telegram info.

Enjoy your weekend !

Reactions: JT1510365

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
I flashed the march version of ElementalX kernel but not getting OTG+charging. Is there a setting to be turned on, or perhaps OTG cable needs to be re-plugged in?

Since I have done the battery removal mod (hooked up to the much beefier car battery), charging shouldn't really matter. I was just hoping to use it as a wakeup trigger, which I conveniently replaced it with USB device connected trigger (USB hub/dac/flash drive all get powered up and connected on ACC input).

Alas, the charging circuit "thinks" it is draining when whatever it is doing against the humongous 60AH behemoth is just a drop in a bucket. After a few days of leaving it in airplane mode+screen off, the imaginative battery of the tablet fully drained and the tablet went into the low charge state. I either need to make OTG+charging work, or alternatively find a way to trick the charging circuit into believing it is fully charged. Currently I am feeding 3.9-4.0V to the battery charging circuit header snipped from the original battery. Worked flawlessly with timur's USBrom, but I am upgrading due to the lack of absolute volume disable feature.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Since I have done the battery removal mod (hooked up to the much beefier car battery), charging shouldn't really matter. I was just hoping to use it as a wakeup trigger, which I conveniently replaced it with USB device connected trigger (USB hub/dac/flash drive all get powered up and connected on ACC input).

Alas, the charging circuit "thinks" it is draining when whatever it is doing against the humongous 60AH behemoth is just a drop in a bucket. After a few days of leaving it in airplane mode+screen off, the imaginative battery of the tablet fully drained and the tablet went into the low charge state. I either need to make OTG+charging work, or alternatively find a way to trick the charging circuit into believing it is fully charged. Currently I am feeding 3.9-4.0V to the battery charging circuit header snipped from the original battery. Worked flawlessly with timur's USBrom, but I am upgrading due to the lack of absolute volume disable feature.

Pls check EX kernel thread for more details about the OTG+charging topic .. I did use "original" EX code.

Reactions: JT1510365

tsiftsism

Sep 17, 2009
Thessaloniki / Macedonia

Hallo,
since my Nexus is running the rom from the link i have quoted, and the last few days i have battery drain (my tablet stays awake even if the Wi-Fi is turned off and i don't use it at all), can i flash AospExtended-v6.4 on top of it without wiping any partition and losing the data?
Or should i fully wipe the tablet in order to flash AospExtended-v6.4?

I can't figure out what is causing the battery draining!!

Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
Pls check EX kernel thread for more details about the OTG+charging topic .. I did use "original" EX code.

Thank you for the response, I think it could be a hardware issue on my side.

I went back to timur's MOB30X just to see how charging works on that, and noticed the tablet is heating up like crazy (74-78C in TWRP just restoring a backup). What's more, it is quite warm to touch even when turned off and just plugged into charge! Maybe it is my improvised battery-less mod, maybe tablet itself. The tablet used to work fine for months until I made some minor changes like tidying up the cable or changing the step-down coverter.

I will be picking up another used flo tonite, hope that settles it!

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
aww crap, help me out guys :(
i got me another flo, freshly bootloader unlocked by me. I went straight to flashing the twrp on followmsi's google drive, and now it boot loops after failed attempt at running some script. screenie below:

trying to get into fastboot to flash another version of twrp, but it wont respond any buttons sequences except holding the power button :(

EDIT: fastboot works... now I need to figure out which version of twrp to go with. I am guessing there is some sort of intermediary version I need to go through before flashing the later versions...

EDIT2: had to reset to factory image (flash-all.bat failed with "cannot wipe userdata" or something along that line, so had to manually remove the -w parameter), the do all this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69012743&postcount=682 except I used firmware.mobi instead of the deprecated CF-autoroot. Worked like a charm! now I need to do the repartitioning and all that haha...

Last edited:

jhford

Possible returning user

I used this Rom on my 2 debs for several months but experienced excessive random reboots and switched to Ripee's LOS Pie Rom. But now I have screen tearing when scrolling and it flashes with each touch. I use the old but great Swype keyboard and this issue makes it difficult to Swype. So, has the rebooting issue been fixed on this Rom? And does anyone have the screen tearing problem?
Thanks

Last edited:

IvanHephaestus

Apr 12, 2018
aww crap, help me out guys :(
i got me another flo, freshly bootloader unlocked by me. I went straight to flashing the twrp on followmsi's google drive, and now it boot loops after failed attempt at running some script. screenie below:

trying to get into fastboot to flash another version of twrp, but it wont respond any buttons sequences except holding the power button :(

EDIT: fastboot works... now I need to figure out which version of twrp to go with. I am guessing there is some sort of intermediary version I need to go through before flashing the later versions...

EDIT2: had to reset to factory image (flash-all.bat failed with "cannot wipe userdata" or something along that line, so had to manually remove the -w parameter), the do all this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69012743&postcount=682 except I used firmware.mobi instead of the deprecated CF-autoroot. Worked like a charm! now I need to do the repartitioning and all that haha...
Your eMMC is probably ded, time to buy a new phone

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
Hey @Buratei glad to see that you are back on track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using XDA Labs

Thanks! Spent some time yesterday to set everything up, still wish there is tablet talk equivalent that works on Pie. On another note, I use tasker to display suspend/wakeup animations but haven't found a video player that loads instantly without showing its own UI elements. My goal is to make it look as seamless as the powerevent manager on timur's kernel. The video viewing app on AOSPExtended loads fast, but shows a toast near the top of the screen with the file name.

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Very nice to see that the old Nexus still gets attention. Since I don't have any updates from LineageOS anymore I was looking for something new.

Do we have some options to use the hardwarekeys? Can we see somewhere the status of the security patch level (since not all roms have this)?

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Very nice to see that the old Nexus still gets attention. Since I don't have any updates from LineageOS anymore I was looking for something new.

Do we have some options to use the hardwarekeys? Can we see somewhere the status of the security patch level (since not all roms have this)?

You can see patch level in settings .. all are based on April 2019 .. May patches are coming soon.
In developer settings you can enable "advanced reboot" menu .. to be able to boot directly into recovery.

Happy testing !

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
You can see patch level in settings .. all are based on April 2019 .. May patches are coming soon.
In developer settings you can enable "advanced reboot" menu .. to be able to boot directly into recovery.

Happy testing !

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. If I remember clearly, the Nexus also has hardwarekeys. Are we able to enable these as well (since the Nexus has really large bezels)?

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
Sensors .. in some cases they do prevent proper deep sleep.

Unlegacy is using different sensors wrapper.
I have cherry picked this change for testing .. looks good.
https://github.com/followmsi/android_device_asus_flo/commit/02f62fb2cc0d13afe0ba4e74ae90282d0b57c238
Sensors seems to be more "sleepy" now.

For testing you can replace the lib your self .. pls manually replace in /system/vendor/lib/hw
sensors.msm8960.so.zip

This change will be part of next AEX build ..

Cheers

You can fix deep sleep by flashing this zip I provided and I tested it and now my tablet goes into deep sleep. This zip add-on works for all pie ROMs except unlegacy because its already included. Huge thanks to @followmsi for providing the fix:)

Download here and flash in recovery:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397959956

Top Liked Posts