[ROM][flo|deb][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 19.1] -> 2022-06-16

Search This thread

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
For anyone who has already partitioned their Nexus 7 prior to trying to flash this ROM. If you run into installation errors because the partition is too small, I will list the steps I took to get everything installed.

Here are the files you will need (or at least what I used and worked for me):
1) sysrepartundo.zip found here
2) REPIT: for Nexus 7
3) Latest Magisk apk
4) Latest ROM, GAPPS (I chose pico), Kernel (optional), TWRP. Which are all found in the OP Google Drive link.

Next we will need to partition the device in order to install everything smoothly:
1) Boot into bootloader and flash TWRP. I used the one from the OP Google Drive folder.
2) You will have to reformat your partition to it's original state before using REPIT. So install sysrepartundo.zip after it's done, restart recovery.
3) Follow the installation instructions for REPIT linked above. Or just read this excerpt from that thread (except step 6).
*I had some issues with it installing initially. Restarting Recovery and following the steps closely seemed to work for me.
If you already have a ROM installed, repit will backup, change the partition, restore and resize.
- You can just reboot once the script finishes.
  1. Boot into TWRP
    • Swipe to Allow Modifications
  2. Copy the repit zip to /tmp
  3. Disconnect from computer
  4. Disable MTP
    • Disable MTP TWRP -> Mount
  5. Install repit
    • TWRP -> Install -> navigate to /tmp and flash the repit zip
  6. Reboot to system
4) Once it's partitioned to the larger size you shouldn't have any issues following the directions from the OP.
*For Magisk: Once you download the latest apk, change the file extension from .apk to .zip and install as per instructions below.
**For Kernel: I installed it after step 5 because I forgot to install it after the ROM. This is optional and can be installed at any point after the ROM is installed.

Installation:
1.) Do factory reset in TWRP - keep internal storage this way.
2.) Format /system partition in TWRP
3.) Install ROM
4.) Install Gapps (optional)
5.) Install Magisk 23.0 / 24.1 (optional)
6.) Reboot into system and start to setup your device.

I will also add that some installation instructions from this post helped. So I'll include that bit below.
Dont' make installation queue in TWRP !
Install each zip file manually.

For gapps installation it helps if you mount system partition manually in TWRP mount menu - before gapps installation.
if mounted already in mount menu - unmount and remount again.

I hope this helps someone. I spent like 2hrs trying to figure out why it wasn't flashing even though my system was already partitioned. And after the fact, I overlooked the part about the partition in the OP because I figured mine was already good. My mistake 😅

poo706

Apr 8, 2011
@followmsi

I think you have a winner here! Installed on my 1380 MB partition with gapps by removing several system and google apps I didn't need. The nav bar issues are fixed. Working great with the latest 24309 Magisk Canary. No touchscreen lag like I had on 18.1. I dirty flashed over 17.1 without issue. The only issue I've noticed so far is that the keyboard switching button doesn't appear in the nav bar. But I can always open the Hacker's Keyboard homescreen icon and switch keyboards from there. A little extra work, but not a deal breaker.

How often do you plan on releasing builds? Also, I've built your 17.1 ROM, and I don't see a link for building 19.1 in the OP. Same instructions, just different repo?

Reactions: ipdev and followmsi

ill_one

May 17, 2022
For anyone who has already partitioned their Nexus 7 prior to trying to flash this ROM. If you run into installation errors because the partition is too small, I will list the steps I took to get everything installed.

Here are the files you will need (or at least what I used and worked for me):
1) sysrepartundo.zip found here
2) REPIT: for Nexus 7
3) Latest Magisk apk
4) Latest ROM, GAPPS (I chose pico), Kernel (optional), TWRP. Which are all found in the OP Google Drive link.

Next we will need to partition the device in order to install everything smoothly:
1) Boot into bootloader and flash TWRP. I used the one from the OP Google Drive folder.
2) You will have to reformat your partition to it's original state before using REPIT. So install sysrepartundo.zip after it's done, restart recovery.
3) Follow the installation instructions for REPIT linked above. Or just read this excerpt from that thread (except step 6).
*I had some issues with it installing initially. Restarting Recovery and following the steps closely seemed to work for me.

4) Once it's partitioned to the larger size you shouldn't have any issues following the directions from the OP.
*For Magisk: Once you download the latest apk, change the file extension from .apk to .zip and install as per instructions below.
**For Kernel: I installed it after step 5 because I forgot to install it after the ROM. This is optional and can be installed at any point after the ROM is installed.

I will also add that some installation instructions from this post helped. So I'll include that bit below.

I hope this helps someone. I spent like 2hrs trying to figure out why it wasn't flashing even though my system was already partitioned. And after the fact, I overlooked the part about the partition in the OP because I figured mine was already good. My mistake 😅
I just created an account to say THANK YOU! I was running into issues for hours, but following your post worked and fixed all my issues! Thank you again!

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
@followmsi

I think you have a winner here! Installed on my 1380 MB partition with gapps by removing several system and google apps I didn't need. The nav bar issues are fixed. Working great with the latest 24309 Magisk Canary. No touchscreen lag like I had on 18.1. I dirty flashed over 17.1 without issue. The only issue I've noticed so far is that the keyboard switching button doesn't appear in the nav bar. But I can always open the Hacker's Keyboard homescreen icon and switch keyboards from there. A little extra work, but not a deal breaker.

How often do you plan on releasing builds? Also, I've built your 17.1 ROM, and I don't see a link for building 19.1 in the OP. Same instructions, just different repo?

The flo / deb device, kernel and vendor repos are ready for 19.1 .. on my github.

But the 19.1 manifest is still a mess .. some repos are still missing .. or not tracked yet.

Some repos will not be tracked anymore ..
Lineage will drop support for older devices like flo.

As well you have to manually cherry-pick quite some changes to make it build and work.

Hope to find the time to properly document all this stuff at some point ..

Cheers

poo706

Apr 8, 2011
The flo / deb device, kernel and vendor repos are ready for 19.1 .. on my github.

But the 19.1 manifest is still a mess .. some repos are still missing .. or not tracked yet.

Some repos will not be tracked anymore ..
Lineage will drop support for older devices like flo.

As well you have to manually cherry-pick quite some changes to make it build and work.

Hope to find the time to properly document all this stuff at some point ..

Cheers

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the 19.1 documentation, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Is a big source of trouble that sepolicy-legacy is no longer available and sepolicy-legacy-um has to be used instead?

Reactions: followmsi and ipdev

markitosd

Just flashed LOS19.1 on a N7 flo.

I'm having trouble moving apps from my app drawer into my desktop/home screen. Anyone have any advice/encountering this issue too? LOS 19.1 + MindTheGApps

Also having problems with rotation

Update: my rotation problem seems to be related to Gboard, uninstalled it and all works well in terms of gyro now.
I'm having the same issue with moving apps to the homescreen, with stock launcher and Lawnchair latest alpha build. No problems with rotation so far.

Reactions: ipdev

killeriq

Dec 10, 2008

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Woow i didnt know there were still updates to my nexus 7 2013 :D

im certainlygoing to try to not break it ...

i just havent installed roms since almost 4 years so im very rusty in that regard

how do i go to update this

i install the latest twrp [check]
repartition [?] reboot to recovery

install rom as usual
gapps
???

success

i would love to know about repartioning as i never did that...

i thing i will go with https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-unofficial-port-repit-for-nexus-7-2013-deb-flo.4237183/ from @ipdev

but to see if i understood correctly

i Boot into TWRP
Allow Modifications

the repit zip to /tmp (need to figure this out)

Disconnect from computer

Disable MTP TWRP -> Mount

TWRP -> Install -> navigate to /tmp and flash the repit zip

Reboot to system recovery and

install rom as usual

Last edited:

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Woow i didnt know there were still updates to my nexus 7 2013 :D

im certainlygoing to try to not break it ...

i just havent installed roms since almost 4 years so im very rusty in that regard

how do i go to update this

i install the latest twrp [check]
repartition [?] reboot to recovery

install rom as usual
gapps
???

success

i would love to know about repartioning as i never did that...

i thing i will go with https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-unofficial-port-repit-for-nexus-7-2013-deb-flo.4237183/ from @ipdev

but to see if i understood correctly

i Boot into TWRP
Allow Modifications

the repit zip to /tmp (need to figure this out)

Disconnect from computer

Disable MTP TWRP -> Mount

TWRP -> Install -> navigate to /tmp and flash the repit zip

Reboot to system recovery and

install rom as usual

i just went for it and repartitioned and installed the rom ... for some reason itt

when trying to inftall the GAPPS it says the sdk is incorrect and aborts

(fried bitgapss and microg 12.0 version)

so i went without the Gapps for now..

i restarted and BOOM

i never thought this rom was goin to be FAST ( i know its fresh and usage might vary but for now it works wonderful)

thanks to all the developers involved

Reactions: followmsi and ipdev

Team-Leader

Dec 6, 2009
For me, the ROM works great.

The Bluetooth seems to be broken.
I was not able to install Repit 1480MB.
I deleate some Files befor installing GAPPS ( See some posts befor) and it works.

I also get some hanging with the keyboard. Installing SwiftKey fix the Problem.

itsAlphaFox

Feb 20, 2022
i9100

The Bluetooth seems to be broken.
I was not able to install Repit 1480MB.
I deleate some Files befor installing GAPPS ( See some posts befor) and it works.

I have had trouble with Bluetooth but have been able to get it to work maybe 50% of the time. Try tapping the toggle until the bluetooth toggle stays off, then reboot, then turn Bluetooth back on

erdar

Jun 9, 2018
t.me

Really? It works badly for me and I have no idea how someone can be fine. LOS is very, very raw, it needs a normal core (overclocked with a frequency of at least 1.9-2 MHz
I set myself a crdroid and even it does not work as well as I would like, but much better a12. A12 lags everywhere, especially quick settings.

Top Liked Posts