guju83

Jul 11, 2012
Bangalore
Can any one guide to use with multirom primary rom is Euphoria 5.0.2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Hmm wonder if it works to place the updater script from the fixed 3.8.2 version that can be flashed on Lollipop on this one and then flash. Probably not but I would have no idea. Might try it.

edit: yes successfully flashed and booted on Lollipop bootloader by changing the updater script. If anyone wants it I have attached the updater-script file to the post. Just replace the file in "META-INF/COM/GOOGLE/ANDROID/" with the one in the zip.

Attachments

• updater-script.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

jumper62

Sep 1, 2012
Just flashed it and it seems awesome. Note you need to flash gapps as well

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Free mobile app

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Which Gapps are you using? I flashed the latest nano Gapps and I get Cloud Sync force close all the time when booting.

No matter I downloaded the official PA minimal package and it seems to work just fine.

Last edited:

Croc97

Aug 9, 2012
Montanaso Lombardo
Guys I want to try it, but I need a stable rom to keep on my nexus 5... So, the question is: is it stable? Or there are some bugs? Thanks in advance for the answers

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
I`m not so impressed with this release personally. The home button does not work sometimes, some icons (for example google + and photos) are the same and when I change the dpi(cause the UI looks to big for our screens) to 400 the back icon on the navigation bar is alot bigger than home and recents app. But I know it`s in Beta state and alot of bugs could be fixed.

But the Deal-braker for me is the buggy home-button that does not work everytime.

Reactions: Croc97

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
It's quite buggy I would say. I have also encountered the home button that does not work. Also the recent button did this to me at one boot. Often the lockscreen does not work and have to reboot. This boot the statusbar can not be pulled down. I can't set system wallpapers on homescreen properly they stretch outside the screen. Seems full of small bugs so I'll happily go back to the 3.8.2 version for the time being.

Also it's a shame they made the navbar white. I really hate it when it's white. And the ROM does not feel as smooth as the other version I used. Tapatalk is choppy as hell in 4.1 where it was very smooth in 3.8.

edit: about the home button not working, I've noticed it works badly when it's set to turn off the screen when holding it. If you have that feature enabled you really have to tap it Quickly to make it work. Turning off that feature and it's working as it should again.

Last edited:

jumper62

Sep 1, 2012
I`m not so impressed with this release personally. The home button does not work sometimes, some icons (for example google + and photos) are the same and when I change the dpi(cause the UI looks to big for our screens) to 400 the back icon on the navigation bar is alot bigger than home and recents app. But I know it`s in Beta state and alot of bugs could be fixed.

But the Deal-braker for me is the buggy home-button that does not work everytime.

For the icons, turn off flyme icons. Not sure about your home button. Mine is fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1421175195008.jpg
    1421175195008.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,340

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
I`ve flashed the rom several times cause of the gapps issue and during each test I had the issue that the home button sometimes doesn`t work or after the 2nd or 3rd press. I didn`t have the issue on any other rom here on xda and clean flashed 4.4 via fastboot before I wiped the partitions and flashed FlymeOS4.

So from my side I couldn`t recommend the rom during this state as a daily driver.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
So from my side I couldn`t recommend the rom during this state as a daily driver.

Me either. I've ran into a handful of small bugs in just about an hour. It was a fun test drive though.

However there are some things I prefer from the older version like the vertically scrollable homepages in the lancher and the expanded statusbar that ended with the notifications that gave it a unique look and it felt like you sort of don't leave the app you're in. I also liked the scrolling better in the older version. It had less "friction" and felt smoother (which it also is). And the shortcuts in recents on 3.8 they have removed that in 4.1 unfortunately.

When the bugs has been squashed and the ROM fine tuned it could be awesome but for now I'll pass I enjoy the older stable one as it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croc97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, i found leaked FlymeOS 4 for Nexus 5 on chinese forum
    Forum link
    Download link
    FlymeOS 4 bugtracker
    Password to download - T528
    Mirror on Dev-Host
    Fixed version for install to lollipop bootloader
    GAPPS
    Hmm wonder if it works to place the updater script from the fixed 3.8.2 version that can be flashed on Lollipop on this one and then flash. Probably not but I would have no idea. Might try it.

edit: yes successfully flashed and booted on Lollipop bootloader by changing the updater script. If anyone wants it I have attached the updater-script file to the post. Just replace the file in "META-INF/COM/GOOGLE/ANDROID/" with the one in the zip.
    Flyme OS 4.1.1 has been officially posted.
    Go for it.

http://www.flyme.cn/firmwarelist.jsp?modelId=5
    I found that some "features" now properly works.

1. You will swipe up from button to show recent apps. You dont even need to use recent app icon now.
    2. Some transitions are more smoothly
    3. SmartTouch now really have a great function if you disabled nav-bar from settings.
    4. Switch between 3G and 4G preference network now works(If not see Note #1)
    5. Full screen access seems like now works.
    6. Some app now open quickly, like Google Play.
    7. Music App Load faster

Some bugs still happend
    1. Some things are not translated(to spanish or english).
    2. Flyme style icons still repeating some icons in different apps like G+ and G+Photos.
    3. Flyme Cloud Sync in Files/Documents(360 Cloud Disk) have been fixed, now you can read all the text and can login into you 360 Cloud Disk Account.

Notes.
    1) 4G preference must be define manually sometimes(In dialer *#*#4636#* > First option, telephone information(that must be the translate) >at the end set LTE/GSM auto(PRL)

If i get some much information will be adding in this thread.
    It's quite buggy I would say. I have also encountered the home button that does not work. Also the recent button did this to me at one boot. Often the lockscreen does not work and have to reboot. This boot the statusbar can not be pulled down. I can't set system wallpapers on homescreen properly they stretch outside the screen. Seems full of small bugs so I'll happily go back to the 3.8.2 version for the time being.

Also it's a shame they made the navbar white. I really hate it when it's white. And the ROM does not feel as smooth as the other version I used. Tapatalk is choppy as hell in 4.1 where it was very smooth in 3.8.

edit: about the home button not working, I've noticed it works badly when it's set to turn off the screen when holding it. If you have that feature enabled you really have to tap it Quickly to make it work. Turning off that feature and it's working as it should again.