• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM]Flytouch 5 ICS Custom Firmware: The Blazing Dragon

ka5an0va

Jun 3, 2012
Storage

Never mind got it done installing everything good but settings storage says error? cant use internal sd card? help please thank you. factory reset a few times already. Thank you.

chriskleov

Apr 15, 2007
Never mind got it done installing everything good but settings storage says error? cant use internal sd card? help please thank you. factory reset a few times already. Thank you.
the same problem..i cant openthe internal sd memory.and i try to install sygic for gps and its no working any other good gps progrmme?

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
If you use the flashtool, when it mount the storage to windows you should format the vortex label and you won't have any problem... internal sdcard is working. :)

the same problem..i cant openthe internal sd memory.and i try to install sygic for gps and its no working any other good gps progrmme?
GPS only work for me on every rom with the method I have written above...

PittyAlex

Jun 5, 2012
Help to back up the stock firmware.

Man, you are GREAT!!!
I've bought FlyTouch VI with vortex VC822 1GB and 8 GB ICS 4.03
I think your flash will help to solve my poblem: very slow UI, not working FLASH, no YOUTUBE, and not working GPS (the last is very important for me).
So I opened a claim with the paypal supplier.
Now prior to flashing moded ROM I want to get full recovery image (firmware+OS). Where can I read how to do this? What soft and algorithm I need?
thanks!!!

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
Man, you are GREAT!!!
I've bought FlyTouch VI with vortex VC822 1GB and 8 GB ICS 4.03
I think your flash will help to solve my poblem: very slow UI, not working FLASH, no YOUTUBE, and not working GPS (the last is very important for me).
So I opened a claim with the paypal supplier.
Now prior to flashing moded ROM I want to get full recovery image (firmware+OS). Where can I read how to do this? What soft and algorithm I need?
thanks!!!
Yeah, this ROM solve those problems, but the GPS still working very hardly, I have written about above a little. :)
Youtube solved "double" because you can download it from the market if you install it, but it preinstalled. I have also written about before how to flash it... first I recommend to flash it, than you should use recovery for updating, it easier.

Make sure the tablet is off.
Remove the external SD card.
Plug in the tablet using the TOP USB port.
Copy Vortex.pak to the folder that has the flash tool. The .pak and .ini files should be in the same folder.
Start the Flash tool.
this part needs four or five hands. Use a pen to hold in the Reset button at the SAME time hold in the POWER button and the MENU button. Release the RESET button after about five seconds. Keep the Power and Menu buttons pressed until you get New Hardware found and a new empty VDFu window pops up.
Release the Power and Menu buttons.
Start the flash tool. Menus are in Chinese.
Click the Lower Right button. The progress bar should fill in about 30%. If there are any error windows, just click the button the window.
The new blank VDFu window will close.
Important. DO NOT CLOSE the flash tlool.
Do the five hands step again to get the blank VDFu window.
The left radio button will be active. Select it.
Click the lower button on the right.
Several small windows will pop up. Just click the button in the windows to close them.
This process takes several minutes to complete. Do not interrupt the process. Do not close the flash tool.
The Progess bar will fill. Cllose the the flash tool.
Unplug the USB cable.
Press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds.
Turn on the tablet.
You should see a firmware update take place.
Everything will be in Chinese. That is OK.
Slide the lock to open the main screen.
Select the settings icon.
Scroll down to the language icon A capital A
Press the top selection and select your language.

http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2066-ibex-Flytouch-5-Wopad-System-Update

Just download the flash tool, and don't worget to load the 1GB ini file if you have the 1GB version. :)

Reactions: PittyAlex

PittyAlex

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, this ROM solve those problems, but the GPS still working very hardly, I have written about above a little. :)
Youtube solved "double" because you can download it from the market if you install it, but it preinstalled. I have also written about before how to flash it... first I recommend to flash it, than you should use recovery for updating, it easier.
====cut here===

Just download the flash tool, and don't worget to load the 1GB ini file if you have the 1GB version. :)
Many thanks for your answer, but my question is how to get full backup of my tablet in my current state. If something goes wrong I would to rollback to my prewious state... May be my supplier will vois guaranty if I reflash. I want to go back to current state.
But your ROM is very great!
Waiting for you answer to start flashing.
Sorry for mistakes...

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
Many thanks for your answer, but my question is how to get full backup of my tablet in my current state. If something goes wrong I would to rollback to my prewious state... May be my supplier will vois guaranty if I reflash. I want to go back to current state.
But your ROM is very great!
Waiting for you answer to start flashing.
Sorry for mistakes...
I see... unfortunately there isn't any full backup method yet. Best thing you can do is Backup all your apps to an sd card... it also backup the data of the app.
And you can always revert to 2.3 ... here is all the firmware for this device I got. You can flash all of them with the flash tool.
http://depositfiles.com/folders/91Q86QV9D

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
Good news for today! I managed to get a working CWM Recovery for our device! :D
First of all: Not I ported this for the Vimicro Cortex A8 devices but I modified to work exactly on the Flytouch 6. :)

Install... Just unzip it and run the bat file while you have ADB connection and it will do. But use at your own risk it is still for testing! :)

My results:
Install a zip file in recovery... working!
Make a full system backup... working!
Factory reset... working but after this I got into a bootloop don't know why, because everything worked.
Restore full system... fully working! After the bootloop I just got back everything before the factory reset.

Download:
http://depositfiles.com/files/ru6v16t49

Or here is a recovery version for the stock recovery made by faplug:
http://depositfiles.com/files/sd50sqjr5

Happy testing! :D

Last edited:

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
One more surprise, but this is for the Hungarians.
Hungarian 2.3 ROM for the device! :)
The translation isn't my work, I just packed to rom, thank it to szekinek!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Még egy meglepetés kimondotta a magyaroknak.
Magyar nyelvű 2.3 a Flytouchra! :)
A fordítás nem az én munkám, köszönjétek szekinek-nek! :)

http://depositfiles.com/files/f7p59si62

Male_81

Jun 8, 2012
Flytouch 5?

Is this rom ggod fog FlyTouch 5?

There is a 0.6 Black Dragon link at apad forum / flytouch 5 ICs update post... it's the same? (sorry, i can't link it, because I'm new here)

And an other question: anybody can write down the words from vortexflash.exe? The lower left is the flash button, and there is two browse field, the upper for the ini file, the lower is for the pak file but what is the two words on the radio part?

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
Is this rom ggod fog FlyTouch 5?

There is a 0.6 Black Dragon link at apad forum / flytouch 5 ICs update post... it's the same? (sorry, i can't link it, because I'm new here)

And an other question: anybody can write down the words from vortexflash.exe? The lower left is the flash button, and there is two browse field, the upper for the ini file, the lower is for the pak file but what is the two words on the radio part?
Yeah, it is the same and it is working on FT5. :)

Reactions: Male_81

Male_81

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah, it is the same and it is working on FT5. :)
Thank you!

I'll try it... but the "For flash tool update" version, because I can't find my microSD card :S.
(Previously I tried the "Official Stock Flytouch 5 Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 System Update", but I can't install it. I follow the step by step tutorial, but the "The progress bar should fill in about 30%." never happened... I wait 15 minutes :confused: ...i'll try yours :) )

Gaboros

Sep 9, 2011
Thank you!

I'll try it... but the "For flash tool update" version, because I can't find my microSD card :S.
(Previously I tried the "Official Stock Flytouch 5 Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 System Update", but I can't install it. I follow the step by step tutorial, but the "The progress bar should fill in about 30%." never happened... I wait 15 minutes :confused: ...i'll try yours :) )
That quid is not 100% accur. In most of the times it flash it at once, and you don't need to do it twice... but if it is start with bootloader file and other error msg than it won't work. Once it start to flash without any error msg, it almost do it after 2-3 and you don't have to do twice this process.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone