Lineage-OS.jpg

Code:
/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Flashing Instructions:
Instructions

Known issues:
• Fingerprint
• Moto Mods
• Wifi drops
If you find any other issues, please let me know

Downloads:
Builds
Recovery

Contributors:
Fazwalrus
RohanHasabe8
erfanoabdi

Source Code: sm6150-motorola

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 QPFS30.130-15-11-15 Stock Firmware
Created: January 10th 2022

Last edited:

SilentNightx

May 30, 2019
After following the instructions I couldn't boot so it prompted me to factory reset. I did so then was able to boot into LineageOS. Works great! Snappier than the official ROM for sure. Republic Wireless app is installed by default, don't know if this is a LineageOS thing as I haven't used it before but seems odd. Surprised to see you got gestures working already! Fingerprint, vibration, and Moto Mods indeed don't work. Hope you can figure those out soon.

I was wondering if getting the Motorola Apps installed would help bring back some features I like from the stock rom (Moto Display, Moto Widget, Moto Camera, Moto Camera Tuner, Moto Mods Manager) so I tried installing them through third party APK sites but they wouldn't let me so I tried installing Open GApps Pico (smallest package) with adb but it said there wasn't enough space on the system partition to do so. Might be worth looking into as I'm sure others will want to install at least some GApps.

In it's current state it is definitely usable if you don't use Moto Mods or the Fingerprint Reader. Great job!!!

Fazwalrus

Jul 1, 2021
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 3
After following the instructions I couldn't boot so it prompted me to factory reset. I did so then was able to boot into LineageOS. Works great! Snappier than the official ROM for sure. Republic Wireless app is installed by default, don't know if this is a LineageOS thing as I haven't used it before but seems odd. Surprised to see you got gestures working already! Fingerprint, vibration, and Moto Mods indeed don't work. Hope you can figure those out soon.

I was wondering if getting the Motorola Apps installed would help bring back some features I like from the stock rom (Moto Display, Moto Widget, Moto Camera, Moto Camera Tuner, Moto Mods Manager) so I tried installing them through third party APK sites but they wouldn't let me so I tried installing Open GApps Pico (smallest package) with adb but it said there wasn't enough space on the system partition to do so. Might be worth looking into as I'm sure others will want to install at least some GApps.

In it's current state it is definitely usable if you don't use Moto Mods or the Fingerprint Reader. Great job!!!
Hey, thanks for your detailed reply! Yeah so for vibration and fingerprint I have no idea how to fix, so I'm seeing if I can ask some other devs if they know what's the problem. For Moto Mods, I think I will be able to get them working, but it might take a while, plus I don't have any non-camera Mods to test them out on my own, so that might be tough. For your question about the stock Moto apps, most of those I'm pretty sure can't be added to LineageOS, or at least most devs don't do that. And yeah, I had difficulty installing GApps as well, so I'll see what I can do, maybe just build a different ROM completely, like Pixel Experience. But yeah, thanks for testing, and hopefully I can push out a build soon with some stuff fixed.

Edit: I was able to install GApps

Last edited:

SilentNightx

May 30, 2019
If you get the GApps working it might allow installing them but idk. As for the Moto Mods I have the Projector Mod, 360 Camera, TrueView Camera, Power Pack battery, TurboPower battery, and the SoundBoost V1 I could test for you.

Languidey

Apr 11, 2022
View attachment 5524061

Code:
/*

*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS se basa en el Proyecto de código abierto de Android con contribuciones adicionales de muchas personas dentro de la comunidad de Android. Se puede utilizar sin necesidad de tener instalada ninguna aplicación de Google. El enlace a continuación es un paquete que proviene de otro proyecto de Android que restaura las partes de Google. LineageOS todavía incluye varios códigos específicos de hardware, que de todos modos también se están abriendo lentamente.
Todo el código fuente de LineageOS está disponible en el repositorio Github de LineageOS . Y si desea contribuir con LineageOS, visite Gerrit Code Review . También puede ver el registro de cambios para obtener una lista completa de cambios y funciones.

Instrucciones intermitentes:
Instrucciones

Problemas conocidos:
• Huella dactilar
• Modos de moto
Si encuentra algún otro problema, por favor hágamelo saber.

Descargas:
Construcciones
Recuperación

Colaboradores:
Fazwalrus
RohanHasabe8
erfanoabdi

Código fuente: sm6150-motorola

Versión del sistema operativo ROM: Android 11
Núcleo ROM: Linux 4.14
Firmware de ROM requerido: Android 10 QPFS30.130-15-11-15 Firmware de stock
Cr

If you get the GApps working it might allow installing them but idk. As for the Moto Mods I have the Projector Mod, 360 Camera, TrueView Camera, Power Pack battery, TurboPower battery, and the SoundBoost V1 I could test for you.
Does the surface pen work?

LIL_ROOKIE

Apr 30, 2013
got the rom working but it wont let me install gapps because of insufficient partition space is there any fix for that?
noticed the partitions get zeroed out after switching recovery menus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS.jpg

Code:
    /*

*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Flashing Instructions:
    Instructions

Known issues:
    • Fingerprint
    • Moto Mods
    • Wifi drops
    If you find any other issues, please let me know

Downloads:
    Builds
    Recovery

Contributors:
    Fazwalrus
    RohanHasabe8
    erfanoabdi

Source Code: sm6150-motorola

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 QPFS30.130-15-11-15 Stock Firmware
    Created: January 10th 2022
    This is awesome, can't wait to try it when my unlocked Z4 comes in the mail.
    This is great. I didn't realize that Motorola uses two different boot sectors.
    Thank you for the hard work gapps build worked perfectly for me