[ROM] fRomFuture - Stock Rom L29 (B179)

Search This thread

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
Did you know where can i find that HwOta file and did i need to flash that in TWRP?

Sent from my Huawei P10 using XDA Labs
If you download the full hwota files it should be in there, in the link that was provided a couple of pages back where it says Oreo update and roll back there are some links for the hwota nougat files. Of you update your phone with out he original o stock recovery the update will fail. You need to be on stock recovery for it to work. So like blackball said go back to stock or try just going back to stock recovery and see if you can update it with out the hwota.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: urbanboymne

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
Can i flash this files in FF TWRP? This is full OTA Oreo rom for VTR L29 I downloaded this using FirmvareFinder or to go in eRecovery and try to install new Oreo rom?

Sent from my Huawei P10 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180315-153628.png
    Screenshot_20180315-153628.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20180315-153634.png
    Screenshot_20180315-153634.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 201

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
No you can't. Look into P10plus forum for instructions to update to oreo.

Gesendet von meinem BKL-L04 mit Tapatalk

Ok, FIRST THANK YOU for you time and patient. I known i'm boring you... I succesfully update withouth any bugg on OREO and flash Magisk using your instructions and TWRP you post... Now Magisk work, i didint try any module because i'm unable to instal/flash Xposed using Magisk or TWRP... Always stack in boot-loop. Only way to back is factory reset in TWRP 3.1.1 or flash Magisk uninstaller if i flash Xposed trought Magisk Manager. What you now about Xposed, did anyone tey to flash Xposed? Is beta3 version.
Also, if i want to back to previouses rom, From Future on EMUI 5.1 did i need this TWRP from EMUI 8 or to flash your FF TWRP for FF179 ROM? And in twrp 8 or 7 can i wipe ALL and then RESTORE or just click to RESTORE? :confused:

My question is Can i use your TWRP from EMUI 5.1 (FF TWRP) to wipe all and restore or i need to use this 3.1.1. or FF from EMUI 8.0, do you know?

Last edited:

vincy46

Nov 9, 2015
how turn off VoLte ?

It is impossible to use 4g only for data, as it is also activated for the voice, can you help me?
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

M

mkoijnbhu

Welcome to fRomFuture

Base B179
Busybox
prerootet with Magisk
Viper4Android
light debloadet
VoLTE (if you provider support it)
More clone apps
3D Panorama Camera

Install when you coming from Stock encrypted:
Backup your Data
Unlock bootloader
install TWRP (Download)
Backup Stock with TWRP (System,Cust,Version,Product,Vendor, OEM Info)
Wipe System,Cust,Version,Product,Vendor in TWRP
Format Data Partition (type YES)
Copy Rom and Data Files to your Phone
install Rom
L29C432 can reboot now
install Data Files L09C432
Reboot and have fun

Install when you coming from Custom Rom decrypted:

• Wipe System,Cust,Version,Product,Vendor in TWRP
    L29C432 can reboot now
    Reboot and have fun

Its only tested with VTR-L29C432xx so if you want this Rom please rebrand to L29C432!
    Klick here to rebrand

DOWNLOAD B179 - Magisk

DOWNLOAD B164 SuperSu
    DOWNLOAD B164 Magisk

Datafiles B164

Datafiles L09 B164

Some user lost all data from internal storage while they update magisk!

Take care and make a backup before you update magisk.

Androidfilehost dont have a P10 Folder yet. So its ok downloading this file ;)

A very big thanks to @funiewski for a lot of testing :good:

Credits to:
    tecalote
    tkkg1984
    chainfire
    guitardedhero

Disclaimer: I will not take any responsibility for anything wrong happen to your device. Do it at your own risk.

• May you send group link??

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
Ok, FIRST THANK YOU for you time and patient. I known i'm boring you... I succesfully update withouth any bugg on OREO and flash Magisk using your instructions and TWRP you post... Now Magisk work, i didint try any module because i'm unable to instal/flash Xposed using Magisk or TWRP... Always stack in boot-loop. Only way to back is factory reset in TWRP 3.1.1 or flash Magisk uninstaller if i flash Xposed trought Magisk Manager. What you now about Xposed, did anyone tey to flash Xposed? Is beta3 version.
Also, if i want to back to previouses rom, From Future on EMUI 5.1 did i need this TWRP from EMUI 8 or to flash your FF TWRP for FF179 ROM? And in twrp 8 or 7 can i wipe ALL and then RESTORE or just click to RESTORE? :confused:

My question is Can i use your TWRP from EMUI 5.1 (FF TWRP) to wipe all and restore or i need to use this 3.1.1. or FF from EMUI 8.0, do you know?
If you want to go back to the old nougat rom you need to find a specific nougat rollback rom you can't just do it by flashing a zip file with a rom on twrp you will brick your device otherwise. There are sever guides about how to roll back to nougat once you roll back to nougat go ahead and flash the old from to your device.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Also if you flash change the twrp from Oreo to the one from nougat your device won't boot and it will show error mode. Just go with a roll back firmware first

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
If you want to go back to the old nougat rom you need to find a specific nougat rollback rom you can't just do it by flashing a zip file with a rom on twrp you will brick your device otherwise. There are sever guides about how to roll back to nougat once you roll back to nougat go ahead and flash the old from to your device.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Also if you flash change the twrp from Oreo to the one from nougat your device won't boot and it will show error mode. Just go with a roll back firmware first

What is Error Mode?

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
So when you have a wrong recovery install your device will be stock on a screen that's says error mode. Anytime you have flashed or installed a wrong kernel, boot or recovery IMG it will show that screen, some users have had a hard time trying to get out of it, I personally spent several days trting to recover my phone after a wrong recovery IMG flash.

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
So when you have a wrong recovery install your device will be stock on a screen that's says error mode. Anytime you have flashed or installed a wrong kernel, boot or recovery IMG it will show that screen, some users have had a hard time trying to get out of it, I personally spent several days trting to recover my phone after a wrong recovery IMG flash.

My phone is now in ERROR MODE. But today i use DC Unlocker and firs rom flashed well but nothing change. I flash seccond rom and some arrors show me like BOOT image failed, CACHE img failed, Recovery failed.... All times reboot in ERROR MODE. I flashed 3rd rom C432 B171 and afther this my phone is DEATH. I cannot boot, charge phone, nothing. I let phone 3h on charger but no help. Mabey si motherboard teath finally. Good news i have garancy on phone because is 2 months old and they will give me money back or new phone afther 15 days in services.

Last two days i flashet so meny Recoverys, TWRP, STOCK, kernels, CUST but all without any sucess to boot up phone. Also i succesfully flashed System.img from diferents rom for my phone, also withouth succes. I try Android 7 and 8 and nothing help. Do you have correct files?

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
Last two days i flashet so meny Recoverys, TWRP, STOCK, kernels, CUST but all without any sucess to boot up phone. Also i succesfully flashed System.img from diferents rom for my phone, also withouth succes. I try Android 7 and 8 and nothing help. Do you have correct files?
I had the same issue, ended using funky huawei unbrick tool (paid) and recovered the phone. Huawei is awful, they do not allow to flash from fastboot a minimal partition set to boot a recovery when the phone partitions are damaged. Artifically crippled.

WILMANS2M

Aug 6, 2009
Mantes-la-Ville
Huawei P10
@Blackball

Hi, i'd like to ask you some advices please to make a custom rom. I have extracted the update.app from B180 firmware. Do i only need Boot.img (kernel), system.img (base) and maybr both recovery img from this update.app ?
There are so many files that i wonder if all is needed.

Thanks in advance.

WILMANS2M

Aug 6, 2009
Mantes-la-Ville
Huawei P10
Depending on what do you want...

Gesendet von meinem BKL-L04 mit Tapatalk
Make a custom install using aroma for ex (already did it for samsung s5). I suppose when i extract system.img, all goes into /system. If i want to update kernel, i have to replace boot.img. product.img and vendor is needed too it seems. But what about all other img file ?
=> crc.img, curver.img, dts.img, fw_hifi.img, teeos.img....

I will use your B164 zip as a base and update what is needed in it to have a working B180 zip.

Thanks for all advice.

Envoyé de mon LG-H850 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

WILMANS2M

Aug 6, 2009
Mantes-la-Ville
Huawei P10
Make a custom install using aroma for ex (already did it for samsung s5). I suppose when i extract system.img, all goes into /system. If i want to update kernel, i have to replace boot.img. product.img and vendor is needed too it seems. But what about all other img file ?
=> crc.img, curver.img, dts.img, fw_hifi.img, teeos.img....

I will use your B164 zip as a base and update what is needed in it to have a working B180 zip.

Thanks for all advice.

Envoyé de mon LG-H850 en utilisant Tapatalk
By the way, where did u get cust files ? Thanks very much @Blackball

Envoyé de mon SM-G903F en utilisant Tapatalk

Blackball

May 2, 2007
I think my nougat roms are deodexed and i use the superr tool.
But why do you want to build nougat roms ? Oreo is there

Reactions: choppy80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to fRomFuture
    48d42ad20571fc03ae535c305bafc559.jpg

Base B179
    Busybox
    prerootet with Magisk
    Viper4Android
    light debloadet
    VoLTE (if you provider support it)
    More clone apps
    3D Panorama Camera

Install when you coming from Stock encrypted:
    • Backup your Data
    • Unlock bootloader
    • install TWRP (Download)
    • Backup Stock with TWRP (System,Cust,Version,Product,Vendor, OEM Info)
    • Format Data Partition (type YES)
    • Copy Rom and Data Files to your Phone
    • install Rom
    • L29C432 can reboot now
    • install Data Files L09C432
    • Reboot and have fun

Install when you coming from Custom Rom decrypted:
    • Backup Data with TWRP
    • install Rom
    • L29C432 can reboot now
    • install Data Files L09C432 (B164 is fine)
    • Reboot and have fun

Its only tested with VTR-L29C432xx so if you want this Rom please rebrand to L29C432!
      Klick here to rebrand

DOWNLOAD B179 - Magisk

Datafiles L09 B164

Some user lost all data from internal storage while they update magisk!

Take care and make a backup before you update magisk.

Androidfilehost dont have a P10 Folder yet. So its ok downloading this file ;)

A very big thanks to @funiewski for a lot of testing :good:

Credits to:
      tecalote
      tkkg1984
      chainfire
      guitardedhero

Disclaimer: I will not take any responsibility for anything wrong happen to your device. Do it at your own risk.
    new update.
    i will update first post later.
    B179 incl L29C432 DataFiles

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617945204
    Also an update to b180 will be awesome, thanks anyway!
    Hi, I'm working on a oreo rom. So I don't update nougat because I have only one device.

Gesendet von meinem VKY-L29 mit Tapatalk
    Do i have to wipe data at every update?

Regards
    I always recommend full wipe but you can wipe system, cust, version, product, vendor. Then install rom and if something bad install clean.

Changelog like so many others.

This update improves system security with Google security patches.
    [Optimizations]
    Improved device security with Google security patches.
    [Update notes]
    1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
    2. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance.

But next Update B179 is coming soon ;)

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk