[ROM] FroydVillain 1.1.1 (Android 2.2 ROM for GSM Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BRijpstra

Nov 27, 2008
How are we supposed to have a life if you guys keep on posting shiny new roms... Froyo even :cool:

So ehh:

- how is the compatibility with apps & android 2.2? No problems?

- I don't care much about Linpack; I rather want to know if there is anybody that has a nice setup (abcfolder, quickdesk + smartbar + widgets) running and how the snappy-nes is holding up.

Happy flashing to you all, I'll wait for some responses....

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
what's d difference with CM6? appreciated anyone please advise.

very little imho. used cm6 extensively in all incarnations, it has pretty well identical issues to what is reported here. camera magic doesn't focus properly or do correct iso it would seem with these froyo roms on the hero. so i'd say that this rom doesn't actually have a functional camera yet to be honest.

and you can't get barcode reader to focus so it's useless, and many camera apps are borked (like apps that need the camera, google shopper for example).

still, this is great work put together by a great team. looking forward to excellent support and updates, I don't care if it's sourced from the cm6 team itself...

Screatch

May 1, 2010
Looks like no major differences between FusionROM.. I guess il stay on 2.1 for a while until all bugs have been fixed.

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
like all the other CM 5.8-6.0 based ROM I have to restore APNs here to (Denmark-Telia) and I have to wait 2 minutes. Works fine until I start Maps, when GPS starts, and mobile net disappears :(
What do I do wrong?

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
Apps that wouldn't install / or install properly in Fusion!Rom, work here perfectly. Apps are appearing in the market that where not available in Fusion!Rom. Also, after a period of time, Fusion!Rom would become very laggy and require a reboot.

So if all that is changed between these roms is the kernel (which I doubt), then it has still made a significant difference.

Last edited:

Hacre

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 29, 2010
Northwich
works quite well, could not seem to get it to link with my google account thus no contacts...also only managed to get a 3g connection rather than a high speed connection. But looks really promising....gonna try choc 2 to see how that run and may come back to this one...great work though...thanks

On my Nexus, Froyo never displays a "H" when I am connected at full speed it always just shows 3g.

Try speedtest.net or something to check.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Seems so!
I got 3.5-3.7 MFLOPS with this ROM and JIT! (652 Mhz)
Few days ago tried "update-cm-6.0.0-Hero-test0.1-signed" from LoxDev
and I got 4.2-4.5 MFLOPS at 652 Mhz,too!

Installing ubuntu into VMware so i can get this working for you guys :)

orangeclanz

Feb 11, 2010
very little imho. used cm6 extensively in all incarnations, it has pretty well identical issues to what is reported here. camera magic doesn't focus properly or do correct iso it would seem with these froyo roms on the hero. so i'd say that this rom doesn't actually have a functional camera yet to be honest.

and you can't get barcode reader to focus so it's useless, and many camera apps are borked (like apps that need the camera, google shopper for example).

still, this is great work put together by a great team. looking forward to excellent support and updates, I don't care if it's sourced from the cm6 team itself...

Thanks for your info dk ! lazy to try then..anyway.. looking forward Next release..hopefully a fully functional froyo rom .. thx to Villain Team.. cheers.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Looks like no major differences between FusionROM.. I guess il stay on 2.1 for a while until all bugs have been fixed.

well.... last I looked fusion had loads of bugs, bugs that do not exist in this rom

the dev might have fixed them now, but certainly not before we were working on this rom.

Our rom has fully working apps2sd on both old and new method, OCing (although not working 100%) is working better than any other hero froyo rom I have tried.

Battery life is great, speed is better than linpack suggests and will only get better.

You need anything else?

You could always do a check on the two roms and you will soon see these are different.

Full credit has been given in post 1 for things we used to make this rom. Do not give out false allegations without checking first.

And for those that say the nightly builds are the same, nightly builds were just built on CM, every froyo rom on hero is currently based on CM in some form.... so that is a dead argument from the beginning.

It just angers me, some of us (most more than me) have spent a hell of a lot of time the last 3 days getting this rom to a release standard just for a few of you to complain. if you don't like the rom don't use it, you don't need to make up lies and false allegations just to make yourself feel big, its not needed.

I am so glad you people were not around for early 2.1 days on hero otherwise every rom would be "a copy" of another.... its the same fecking source!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mind making a quick list of the differences over 2.1? and is flash 10.1 planned for the near future? i remember getting it to work (pretty slow mind) with a .apk someone made.

Thanks anyway, great job guys!