[ROM][Full Android 5.1 for Shield TV][v.2.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

r2d2_boss

Jul 29, 2008
I am working on a dedicated forum for our nvidia shield tv very soon it will be ready, it will include also all sorts of help and kodi sources all updated every day, I did ask permission on private message to use the work of @zulu99 on the forum at this time I did not have an answer back from, I hope he will come back to me... Very soon I will post the link for the new forum

onexian

Oct 14, 2012
I am working on a dedicated forum for our nvidia shield tv very soon it will be ready, it will include also all sorts of help and kodi sources all updated every day, I did ask permission on private message to use the work of @zulu99 on the forum at this time I did not have an answer back from, I hope he will come back to me... Very soon I will post the link for the new forum
Is that not exam what nvidia shield zone is?

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015

This thread is kinda dead,you should try to see the marshmallow one.

chantelle310

Oct 23, 2014
hey guys, im running this currently, but finally have the time to upgrade to marshmallow and install the new rom. whats the method to go? do i need to unroot?

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
hey guys, im running this currently, but finally have the time to upgrade to marshmallow and install the new rom. whats the method to go? do i need to unroot?

you have to install the new 3.0 factory.
this will remove your root and wipe all your data then after set up fully the 3.0 and running you wait it is fully updated.
then you will be able to install full android marshmallow ,it will do another wipe then you can root again!
sorry if you have a pro model with the 2h wipe each time...

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
I've got the 16GB Version, and it was updated OTA to 3.1 yesterday. This has messed up a few things so I thought I'd look at a custom ROM.

no choice you should use the marshmallow one.
note : those roms are not full roms but more unlocked / reskined version of a stock rom. and so it use parts of the stock so you are limited in versions you can use.

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
Thanks @tailslol

I am having a problem with this build (something that didn't happen on the stock 3.0). I keep loosing my network connection, so Kodi stops playing movies and occasionally force closes, and other apps cannot connect to the Internet either.

I'm using ethernet rather than wifi.

Can anyone help me out?
Cannot help you,if you stay downgraded
we told that downgrading the shield after 3.0 was a bad idea. Return to 3.0 stock and put full android marshmallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Content removed.
    Content removed.
    UPDATE:

For now i see a good signal from Nvidia to me :)
    The source was published. Now with many work, i must see what i can do.
    ( if a good full android 6 is possible, i need at least 8 days of very hard work )

THANKS NVIDIA

P.S.
    I think that the Android TV development must be built on top of the standard Android with specific launcher and specific apps that you can download from Google Play. Change the OS is really a bad thing for everybody. We can't force users in a direction or in another direction. The users must be able to choose.
    No one can imagine how many work i'm doing. From 7 of morning to the 3 of morning every day without interruption. Only 15 minutes for the lunch. I already known that Nvidia would make the best effort to block me, but i want full Android 6 and no one can stop me. If i reach this other miracle, i want the Nvidia developers here for the compliments :)

The work on full Android 6 is more difficult than full Android 5.1, Nvidia has studied my moves, but i will reach my dream.

P.S.
    I want something perfect.
    Because is simple create a firmware without the stock video 4k decode, special audio, 3D graphic, vulkan, no drm etc.
    The source code published have quite nothing inside, all the best parts are only inside the stock firmware and private.

For this reason in Internet there is this video, now i understand better the words of Linus Torvalds:
    https://youtu.be/iYWzMvlj2RQ
    Hi Zulu, I think I saw someone get a bit of hate for this suggestion with your Nexus Player LolliRock ROM but is it possible to install the Leanback Launcher onto this full Android ROM and emulate most of the Android TV experience? My reason would be that I want the freedom of the full Play Store app and settings but I do like the Android TV interface for use from my couch.
    Also, presumably this requires an unlocked bootloader but not root because I've been struggling to root my 16 GB model.

Thanks for your work.

Sure that you can. The leanback launcher is a stupid launcher like others but just a little more stupid because not support mouse. But you can start Android TV apps also without leanback launcher. http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=leanback+launcher&post_type=apps_post

You can start the leanback launcher also like an app if you create a shortcut like in this video https://youtu.be/NMqz8e33oq8 So when you install Android TV apps, you can have all in one bad place that is the leanback launcher. Without create a shortcut for every Android TV app. ( 10 in total :) )
    I prferer Googl Now Launcher.

People not understand that you need just more accessibility on apps and this depend from developers.
    You can control an app with a mouse, dpad or controller if a developer want this.
    After that you can use Android, Android TV or also Android NOOB.

One thing is sure, Android TV is limited on purpose and you can't have all apps from Google Play.
    The 320 dpi in build.prop is not compatible with many beautiful apps also if you sideload.
    Every standard app is better and faster than the leanback version. Try standard youtube and leanback youtube to understand.
    For me the life is too short to waste time with directional keys. I never used a classic Smart TV for this reason and all my TV are Smart TV.

For this reason i like full Android.

You think that if Android TV was better than Android I lose most of my free time to build these firmware ? I'm not so stupid.

But do not worry i appreciate and respect the requests of all