[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nhocchodon

Apr 26, 2016
with es file explorer with root, you can read and write NTFS disks without problems. You can connect also to Pc via MTP.

Android in AOSP not support NTFS but Shield Tv yes.

Hi darling
Can u show me step by step for mounting my hdd? I cant mount it.
I want to watch some movie on there with the large file
And one more question. How to turn off the light when i leave sleepmode. Thanks

Last edited:

eastbayarb

Apr 14, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I wanna install this, and use Kodi as my launcher, and I am wondering what skin I should use that is best for gaming? I want to do Android TV games, regular Android games, emulators, etc, and I would like a gamer friendly skin that let's me to put games in catagories, have game synopsis, preview videos of games, and other extras.

shentheory

Jul 7, 2012
Atlanta
You also need to make sure system settings are set correctly. I think these are all the relevant ones:
Code:
# 10 minutes
settings put system screen_off_timeout 600000
settings put secure screensaver_enabled 1
settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_dock 1
settings put secure screensaver_activate_on_sleep 1
settings put global stay_on_while_plugged_in 0

You then need to install a daydream app like tailslol suggests, and go to your settings to select it. Personally, I like star daydream.

Thanks for this, and thanks a ton for assuming i would know where these settings are! lol you had too much faith in me- where am i suppose to set these in system settings? Thanks again!

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Thank you for the respond. The default browser crashes when I try to download anything. As soon as I click on download and it trys to start downloading it just crashes.

mean that you not have a correct installation.

maybe you not cleared well the data partition during the first installation. Maybe the problems is another but for sure you not have a correct installation, because when i install the first time, i can use the browser and download the google play.

tested two days ago.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Hi darling
Can u show me step by step for mounting my hdd? I cant mount it.
I want to watch some movie on there with the large file
And one more question. How to turn off the light when i leave sleepmode. Thanks

ntfs disks work by default without any config. connect the disk and you will see it in status bar, the OS ask to you if you want add this disk as internal or external disk.
select external disk and you will see it in es file explorer without problems. ( you can try also with a new formatted ntfs disk if you have poblem with your current disk )

instead to wite to ntfs disks you need root. otherwise you can't write.

sensai2g10

Jul 19, 2010
mean that you not have a correct installation.

maybe you not cleared well the data partition during the first installation. Maybe the problems is another but for sure you not have a correct installation, because when i install the first time, i can use the browser and download the google play.

tested two days ago.
Success! I got it working! I did a factory reset and everything is running smoothe now.

All I need now is to root with Super Su. I noticed that in recovery the only option to update is adb sideboot.

Do you know of a way I can root Super Su using the sideboot or some other way without formating my system? Thank you in advance.

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
Success! I got it working! I did a factory reset and everything is running smoothe now.

All I need now is to root with Super Su. I noticed that in recovery the only option to update is adb sideboot.

Do you know of a way I can root Super Su using the sideboot or some other way without formating my system? Thank you in advance.

no sorry,you will need twrp for marshmallow shield tv. it is on xda.
with that you can root.

sensai2g10

Jul 19, 2010
no sorry,you will need twrp for marshmallow shield tv. it is on xda.
with that you can root.
If you don't mind could you give me the link for the right one?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

If you don't mind could you give me the link for the right one?
Nevermind I found it but I see it currently doesn't support 4k displays. I have greatly appreciate all your help!

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Hi
I own a shield android tv 500gb
I was previously on 3.0 rooted
upgraded to 3.1 OTA
and tonight I though I finally gave this rom a go
follow all instructions in the 1st post
"fastboot -w" did take quite some time but I suppose this is ok given it is the 500gb version
but then at the end of this process, after the creation of the filesystem
I got a
"sending 'userdata' (169075 kb)
FAILED (remote: data too large)
finished. Total time: 5642.721 s"

--> should I worry about this failed operation ?

anyway, at the pompt I carried on with the following instruction, "fastboot reboot"

and on rebooting, the shield restarted with nvidia logo followed with the little android droid with the blue ball revolving in front of it and it says erasing...

--> not too sure whether this is ok, anyway I shall give it some time if it is erasing the 500gb again...

any advice/experience/feedback on this please?
thanks

Last edited:

IamSonoma

Mar 9, 2009
That is a long time before you received the error. Try a different cable. Do expect it to take 1.5 to 2 hours. I have the 500 as well. I have seen a bad cable do this. And waiting is tough. Especially if you do not know what is going on. In my case my hdtv samsung is about 10 years old and the text gets cut off the screen.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2009
Dammam
Hello zulu99

thank you for this great rom

i got a question i am currently in 1.1 version

how to upgrade for 1.2? should i erase the data after upgrade?

thank you

rci2990

Dec 27, 2011
install the last google play app from apkmirror, you can download it with the default browser. when you have google play updated you can install what you want.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...tore-6-4-13-c-0-2754070-android-apk-download/

i had the same problem browser crashed every time i tried apk mirror.tried factory reset and reflashed several times(not new to this been modding phones,tabs,etc for years) so theres definitely a issue with the playstore.so i just flashed back dev 3.1 and works good.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Why you not remove also the mention to all others paid apps, accessories and devices.
In this way you should close all xda threads.

You are breaking the ball with this DroidMote story.

You can close also the thread, i will port my work in others forums.

Today shield tv, without full android is nothing.
Especially with Marshmallow.

Everything have a limit, and you are breaking my balls now.

Nobody is breaking your balls, you have brought this on yourself with your continued breaching of the rules of this site, after many fair warnings. You are not following the very simple rules of XDA, rules that you agreed to when joining, and therefore, we're having these problems here.

As for needing to close all other threads that feature paid apps, nope. As has already been explained to you at least once in the past it's ok to link to a paid app as long as you're also providing a free version for the XDA community. You are not doing this. You are not providing any free version for the community, you are simply advertising and promoting a paid app in order to make money from this site. Once again: this is not allowed.

Yes, everything does have a limit, you've been given at least three chances to stop this unacceptable behaviour and yet you continue, so yes, our patience for your rule breaking has reached its limit. If you can stay within the rules of this site there will be no further problems.

I made this firmware for my users. DroidMote users. If you are not a DroidMote users, is your affair, say thanks because you are using the firmware for free.

Once again, not ok. If you're posting development here on XDA it is for everyone, it is for free, nobody owes you anything. You can think it's for your customers only but this is not the case. Once again, read the rules of this site:

http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

No more discussion of this in the public forum. If you, or anyone else, wants to talk to me about this you're welcome to send me a PM.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Content removed.
    Content removed.
    zulu99 you genius! Now I have something exciting to look forward to after work. You are insane! thanks for sharing it with the community and free loaders like me!

i can add something, this firmware is extremely fast and also better than 5.1 :) fortunately.
    also better audio implementation
    and vulkan will have a good future

YES. I'm insane. This is the correct definition. No other developer in the world, can do the insane work that i made to have this firmware.
    An announcement to everyone, i'm working to test things and add improvements + others things.

I cannot respond to all especially in the early weeks of work on the firmware

When a new firmware come out, i have many things to do. BUt not worry, when i finish, i will at full disposal of everyone.
    Why you not remove also the mention to all others paid apps, accessories and devices.
    In this way you should close all xda threads.

You are breaking the ball with this DroidMote story.

You can close also the thread, i will port my work in others forums.

Today shield tv, without full android is nothing.
    Especially with Marshmallow.

Everything have a limit, and you are breaking my balls now.

Nobody is breaking your balls, you have brought this on yourself with your continued breaching of the rules of this site, after many fair warnings. You are not following the very simple rules of XDA, rules that you agreed to when joining, and therefore, we're having these problems here.

As for needing to close all other threads that feature paid apps, nope. As has already been explained to you at least once in the past it's ok to link to a paid app as long as you're also providing a free version for the XDA community. You are not doing this. You are not providing any free version for the community, you are simply advertising and promoting a paid app in order to make money from this site. Once again: this is not allowed.

Yes, everything does have a limit, you've been given at least three chances to stop this unacceptable behaviour and yet you continue, so yes, our patience for your rule breaking has reached its limit. If you can stay within the rules of this site there will be no further problems.

I made this firmware for my users. DroidMote users. If you are not a DroidMote users, is your affair, say thanks because you are using the firmware for free.

Once again, not ok. If you're posting development here on XDA it is for everyone, it is for free, nobody owes you anything. You can think it's for your customers only but this is not the case. Once again, read the rules of this site:

http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

No more discussion of this in the public forum. If you, or anyone else, wants to talk to me about this you're welcome to send me a PM.

Thread closed.